All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:54 pm different times....
church, home, school....
The good old days…I don’t have time for foolishness.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:54 pm different times....
church, home, school....
I remember a classmate in the 5th grade kept coming to school without his hair combed. Teacher told his mother, who left for work before he left for school. She told teacher if it happened again to let her know….well he showed up a couple of days later without combining his hair and the teacher left class, went to the main office and called his mother. Came back to classroom and told Darren she called. He said something smart….about 45 minutes later his mother, mad as hell came into the class, put him in a headlock and combed his hair in front of the whole class. That was the last time he showed up unkempt. Fast forward NINE years later, he was dominating HS basketball in the city. I was home from college and my brother in law was telling me how I had to see this dude play….he should have been a sophomore in college. We were teammates in the 4th, 5th and 6th grades. The good old days.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:15 pm Let' er rip!

It's a hoax!

Freedom!
Jockin’ Cuomo again are ya? ;)
checked out cuomo's abode (for now) last night, and alphonse threw the car in park and gave us a lesson on the old neighborhood.

was riveting.
Had a nice 69’ talk to the Judge” GTO. 😂😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

One more a-hole bites the dust. Could riddance. He bares some responsibility for killing his listeners.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

These people in hindsight seem prescient:

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/new-evi ... -variants/

"The virus that causes COVID-19, known as SARS-CoV-2, uses a protein called spike to latch onto and get inside cells. People infected with SARS-CoV-2 generate the most protective antibodies against the spike protein.

Consequently, spike became the prime target for COVID-19 drug and vaccine developers. The three vaccines authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency use in the U.S. — made by Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson — all target spike. And potent anti-spike antibodies were selected for development into antibody-based drugs for COVID-19.

Viruses are always mutating, but for nearly a year the mutations that arose in SARS-CoV-2 did not threaten this spike-based strategy. Then, this winter, fast-spreading variants were detected in the United Kingdom, South Africa, Brazil and elsewhere.Sparking concern, the new variants all carry multiple mutations in their spike genes, which could lessen the effectiveness of spike-targeted drugs and vaccines now being used to prevent or treat COVID-19. The most worrisome new variants were given the names of B.1.1.7 (from the U.K.), B.1.135 (South Africa) and B.1.1.248, also known as P.1 (Brazil)."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:56 am These people in hindsight seem prescient:

"The virus that causes COVID-19, known as SARS-CoV-2, uses a protein called spike to latch onto and get inside cells. People infected with SARS-CoV-2 generate the most protective antibodies against the spike protein.

Consequently, spike became the prime target for COVID-19 drug and vaccine developers. The three vaccines authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency use in the U.S. — made by Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson — all target spike. And potent anti-spike antibodies were selected for development into antibody-based drugs for COVID-19.

Viruses are always mutating, but for nearly a year the mutations that arose in SARS-CoV-2 did not threaten this spike-based strategy. Then, this winter, fast-spreading variants were detected in the United Kingdom, South Africa, Brazil and elsewhere.Sparking concern, the new variants all carry multiple mutations in their spike genes, which could lessen the effectiveness of spike-targeted drugs and vaccines now being used to prevent or treat COVID-19. The most worrisome new variants were given the names of B.1.1.7 (from the U.K.), B.1.135 (South Africa) and B.1.1.248, also known as P.1 (Brazil)."
We are all doomed
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"Consensus among experts is that only an effective COVID-19 vaccine will end the pandemic. This Comment focuses on how this pandemic has accelerated the development of vaccine platforms distinct from classical vaccines; these novel platforms may also increase the response time when new viruses emerge in the future."[/b]

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41563-020-0746-0

Whack-a-mole? Would a "classic vaccine platform" have broader efficacy?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:02 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:56 am These people in hindsight seem prescient:

We are all doomed

We really aren’t.

The rapid rise and rapid fall of Covid surge 2 or 3 in Europe is a great example of what will occur here too. Viruses have surges. Then they fall.

Sweden doesn’t even recommend face masks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-1 ... hem-2021-7

Americans, or should I say the American left, are hysterics because they want the government to control you.
Typical Lax Dad

Buddy, what do you believe officials have been saying from the very beginning? You may as well have posted that “scientists say water is wet”.

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:36 am "Consensus among experts is that only an effective COVID-19 vaccine will end the pandemic. This Comment focuses on how this pandemic has accelerated the development of vaccine platforms distinct from classical vaccines; these novel platforms may also increase the response time when new viruses emerge in the future."[/b]

Like Johnson and Johnson?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:14 am

Buddy, what do you believe officials have been saying from the very beginning? You may as well have posted that “scientists say water is wet”.

TLD insists on vaccine papers.

More and more companies in the U.S. are requiring employees to be vaccinated. On behalf of Zeit magazine, a lawyer clarifies whether this is also possible in Germany: "No, here it is not even allowed to ask whether a staff member has been vaccinated."

Now Germany is giving lessons in how not to be authoritarian.

Shocking number of people easily morphed from ‘I’ll punch a nazi’ to ‘show me your papers’.

I wonder what they’d do if the American left actually had unfettered power. Hmmmm.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Why the left isn’t discussing no-lockdown maskless Sweden

54464249-06D2-46D0-8C8D-32A7447F99AF.png
54464249-06D2-46D0-8C8D-32A7447F99AF.png (44.95 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:15 pm Let' er rip!

It's a hoax!

Freedom!
Jockin’ Cuomo again are ya? ;)
I'm missing the reference.
?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:15 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:36 am "Consensus among experts is that only an effective COVID-19 vaccine will end the pandemic. This Comment focuses on how this pandemic has accelerated the development of vaccine platforms distinct from classical vaccines; these novel platforms may also increase the response time when new viruses emerge in the future."[/b]

Nope, more like this:

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.c ... 9-results/
"NVX-CoV2373 is a subunit vaccine, which means that, unlike the other three approved vaccines that “work by tricking the body’s cells to manufacture the parts of the virus that then trigger the immune system,” it “is made up with proteins from the virus already attached to a carrier and these trigger the immune system directly”, explained University of East Anglia professor in medicine Paul Hunter."

Unlike Pfizer and Moderna, J&J is a dna vaccine that utilizes an adenovirus as the delivery system. Otherwise, the way it works is very similar. But I'm sure you knew that.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:26 am

Nope, more like this:

"NVX-CoV2373 is a subunit vaccine, which means that, unlike the other three approved vaccines that “work by tricking the body’s cells to manufacture the parts of the virus that then trigger the immune system,” it “is made up with proteins from the virus already attached to a carrier and these trigger the immune system directly”, explained University of East Anglia professor in medicine Paul Hunter."

Unlike Pfizer and Moderna, J&J is a dna vaccine that utilizes an adenovirus as the delivery system. Otherwise, the way it works is very similar. But I'm sure you knew that.
Yes regarding adenovirus. Can you explain how this vaccine you are touting is a “classic vaccine platform”? I am hoping the vaccine is fine and have no reason to question it but wanted to know your answer.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:37 am

Nope, more like this:

Yes regarding adenovirus. Can you explain how this vaccine you are touting is a “classic vaccine platform”? I am hoping the vaccine is fine and have no reason to question it but wanted to know your answer.
Who's touting? You're being clownish again.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:40 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:37 am

Nope, more like this:

Who's touting? You're being clownish again.
You seem to be touting that it follows a classic vaccine platform….are you not? I could be mistaken.

https://www.breakthroughs.com/advancing ... ns-vaccine

You didn’t answer my question.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

I do not know if they are prescient or not but I would be curious as to what other mutations in the COVID genome are doing? I think, rightly so, that they are concentrating on those of the spike protein but I have not seen any evidence that these mutations are occurring at a rate any faster than the rest of the entire genome. If you have any peer reviewed papers that indicate this I would love to read them.
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:53 am

I do not know if they are prescient or not but I would be curious as to what other mutations in the COVID genome are doing? I think, rightly so, that they are concentrating on those of the spike protein but I have not seen any evidence that these mutations are occurring at a rate any faster than the rest of the entire genome. If you have any peer reviewed papers that indicate this I would love to read them.
My guess is you would have to ask Bret Weinstein… just a guess.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:57 am
Bart wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:53 am

My guess is you would have to ask Bret Weinstein… just a guess.
Don't know about Weinstein. He has his thoughts on the subject. I also do not know if there are any papers out there that might indicate this, hence the question. If there are some, I would love to read them.

Return to “POLITICS”