All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Essexfenwick

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Essexfenwick »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:54 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:38 am
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:33 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:25 am
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:18 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:45 am 14 months in and Joe has really screwed the pooch. Trump says China is next. Trump told Germany to get off Russian oil 3 years ago but the stupid liberals in Germany bought the global warming hoax and shut down their nuclear plants and need natural gas and oil in the meantime.

Then Joe cuts back our oil and gas production
Then Joe looks weak in Afghanistan
Then Joe fires unvaxxed military
Then Joe stammers and slurs through his Ukraine speech.

Trump condemned Ukraine tonight while Joe was asleep.

It’s never ending with this moron.
Not only do you fail to criticize Putin, you attack a man for his speech disability.

Your post reflects an ignorance and stupidity that is truly astounding.

DocBarrister :?
Putin is a known quantity. Trump knew how to control him. He made his moves on weak Obama and weaker Biden. China is next unless Trump can come back and get them under control. Biden doesn’t have a speech impediment he has advanced dementia which…as a doctor… I would hope you could pick up on.
You do understand that Trump is Putin’s lapdog?

His campaign colluded with Russia (Trump’s campaign knowingly and deliberately shared internal campaign data with a known agent of Russian intelligence).

Oh, and Trump is a racist bigot and an accused rapist. What is it that you like about Trump? His treason? His history as an accused rapist? His racism? His bigotry?

DocBarrister
You’re unhinged. That’s why you voted for a candidate with advanced dementia and we are now in a situation where Russia and China on the move and Ww3 is actually a possibility.
You haven’t identified what you like about Trump.

Trump’s groveling subservience to Putin?

Trump had Putin under control.

Trump’s racism?

Trumps daughter is Jewish, has more black friends than Joe, never got in a fight with corn pop, and never said the N word like Joe said on camera.

Trump’s bigotry?

Trump’s multiple bankruptcies?

Warren Buffett has had many companies go bankrupt

Trump’s history as an accused rapist?

Biden’s daughter said he took showers with her

Trump’s incompetence in handling the pandemic?

Joe has more deaths and cases of Covid and he has the vaccine Trump created.

Trump’s attempts to cripple NATO (no doubt on Putin’s orders)?

Trump forced Europe to pay more money into NATO.

Trump’s attempt to extort the President of Ukraine?

Biden is on video extorting Ukraine

All of the above?

The world and economy were better under Trump and the majority now believe that

DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:28 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:45 am 14 months in and Joe has really screwed the pooch. Trump says China is next. Trump told Germany to get off Russian oil 3 years ago but the stupid liberals in Germany bought the global warming hoax and shut down their nuclear plants and need natural gas and oil in the meantime.

Then Joe cuts back our oil and gas production
Then Joe looks weak in Afghanistan
Then Joe fires unvaxxed military
Then Joe stammers and slurs through his Ukraine speech.

Trump condemned Ukraine tonight while Joe was asleep.

It’s never ending with this moron.
Biden's had a better year in office foreign policy-wise than the past four Republican presidents combined. He actually pulled us out of a multi-decade war with minimal casualties and the largest and safest airlift in history.

He's made us less dependent on foreign energy.

He got us out of Afghanistan

The military has had vaccine mandates for centuries, that's a stupid take. The military is less vulnerable to COVID than the general population because of the mandates.

Biden made one of the better foreign policy speeches in decades - even our resident old navy dude said so.

Trump called Putin a genius. He's in bed with our enemies. He literally looks like Putin smacks him around. He salutes foreign generals. Don't make the mistake PB did and condemn yourself to being an idiot 24/7 by liking Trump. He's an enemy to America...
Putin is being played by Danny McBride, Trump is Channing Tatum in this RE-enactment scene.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tVEh1LTWxxI
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

We are re-entering a very dark period of history.

This is a failure of our post-Cold War policy.

The root causes extend back 3 decades.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:50 am We are re-entering a very dark period of history.

Such drama :roll:

Dude....you take your headshot picture for the IRS online system (of course, a private company handles ALL that ;)

Yuh.....don't know the topic?

Honestly, we are ignoring the commie tyrants in our own forest.

forcing our children to wear idiotic masks (you gotta BUCKLE the ski boots, folks ), creating an upbringing of compliant lemmings.

yup....3 decades ago. Ronnie reagan got the commie ball going. most evil 12 years in US history, followed by fake prosperity.

Don't worry, salt, some nerd will "sieze" something.....and sanction, sanction.

Is Raytheon really that strapped for cash, they gotta drum up some good ole fashioned war?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:43 am
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:50 am We are re-entering a very dark period of history.

Dude....you take your headshot picture for the IRS online system (of course, a private company handles ALL that ;)

forcing our children to wear idiotic masks (you gotta BUCKLE the ski boots, folks ), creating an upbringing of compliant lemmings.

yup....3 decades ago. Ronnie reagan got the commie ball going. most evil 12 years in US history, followed by fake prosperity.

Is Raytheon really that strapped for cash, they gotta drum up some good ole fashioned war?
Who benefits from all this? Financially?

DON"T go there....don't follow the money.

actually will be interesting to see which nerds are better......billions and billions is "software" missile , radar, AMPT, etc.....

sure everything will work, just....ummm great. It was the software that keeps the F 35 from performing. Or the parts made in Turkey ....anyway, that waste of time and money, won't be used in this war, wrong mission ;)
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

China is next waiting for the Olympics to end and fade a little. Biden’s feckless leadership has emboldened the fascists and communists everywhere. China wants Taiwan as much or more than Russia wanted Ukraine. Feckless leadership is how world wars get started. Fraud in elections has consequences.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Damn Bandito is back!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:21 am

Do you care at all that tens of thousands of Ukranians will die?

Don’t pretend that you care about any harm that might come to the poor and innocent. You clearly do not.

DocBarrister

You know Doc, there's a certain irony in that query. After all, for nearly 20 years going back to our days in LP, I repeatedly discussed right wing Bush's wars of imperialistic terrorism in the Middle East. Over one million died (depends on whose stats you believe) because of his colonialist actions - actions that cost us multiple trillions of dollars. I quoted the words of Professor Ben Ferencz and demanded that there be a Nuremberg Tribunal for that murderous Hitlerian. It will be recalled that forum members of the radical far right repeatedly attacked me for my views with the blessing of that {ahem} ____________ Admin that we had.

Meantime, problems continued to accumulate here at home. The infrastructure degenerated, cities declined, farms got devastated, we had disease outbreaks, and cops continue to murder black/brown people in the never ending holocaust they create. This is what happens when a society decides to become involved in foreign affairs while our own problems go unsolved. If this is what you want, fine. As for me, I've had enough.

I do believe you have some knowledge of history. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are among the unalienable rights of all people, according the American Declaration of Independence. There is no indication in that document or in the Constitution that our government is authorized to be the moral guarantor of international concerns. Instead its primary role is to insure domestic tranquility. The time to solve our problems is NOW. Thereafter, we can look to get involved in foreign affairs in a very limited capacity. No one with even the slightest knowledge of the DOI or Constitution can deny it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:22 am

You can always pay more taxes than you owe to help out. The most wealthy members of Congress are D̶e̶m̶o̶c̶r̶a̶t̶. The Elite wealth in the country with overseas accounts are D̶e̶m̶o̶c̶r̶a̶t̶.

Looks like Bandito has made a return. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:43 am

Yup
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:08 am China is next waiting for the Olympics to end and fade a little. Biden’s feckless leadership has emboldened the fascists and communists everywhere. China wants Taiwan as much or more than Russia wanted Ukraine. Feckless leadership is how world wars get started. Fraud in elections has consequences.
I could go for a nice, mean tweet right about now.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:22 am

Don’t pretend that you care about any harm that might come to the poor and innocent. You clearly do not.

DocBarrister

You know Doc, there's a certain irony in that query. After all, for nearly 20 years going back to our days in LP, I repeatedly discussed right wing Bush's wars of imperialistic terrorism in the Middle East. Over one million died (depends on whose stats you believe) because of his colonialist actions - actions that cost us multiple trillions of dollars. I quoted the words of Professor Ben Ferencz and demanded that there be a Nuremberg Tribunal for that murderous Hitlerian. It will be recalled that forum members of the radical far right repeatedly attacked me for my views with the blessing of that {ahem} ____________ Admin that we had.

Meantime, problems continued to accumulate here at home. The infrastructure degenerated, cities declined, farms got devastated, we had disease outbreaks, and cops continue to murder black/brown people in the never ending holocaust they create. This is what happens when a society decides to become involved in foreign affairs while our own problems go unsolved. If this is what you want, fine. As for me, I've had enough.

I do believe you have some knowledge of history. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are among the unalienable rights of all people, according the American Declaration of Independence. There is no indication in that document or in the Constitution that our government is authorized to be the moral guarantor of international concerns. Instead its primary role is to insure domestic tranquility. The time to solve our problems is NOW. Thereafter, we can look to get involved in foreign affairs in a very limited capacity. No one with even the slightest knowledge of the DOI or Constitution can deny it.

I agree with Brook. Mostly. I disagree that ‘cops are killing black/brown people’, by which he means “unarmed” black/brown people, which as a claimed fact has thoroughly been debunked. What Brook should say is black/brown people can be unfairly targeted by police (true) and have a deserved reluctance to cooperate with the police.

Otherwise, I agree, let’s focus on America. Anyone publicly itching to go to war or even risk war should be first in line to sign up, strap on their war gear, and be the first to fight. You will notice that people like Dick Cheney, Eric Swalwell, etc…never actually enlist.

Sanctions, sure. But I’m not certain they work when all they do is increase the price of oil, which does nothing but help Putin.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:22 am

DocBarrister

The Declaration is essentially a nice "letter to the editor", means nothing legally.

and the "pretends".....yes, fake humanitarian hypocrites, like those you are engaging with, flip flop, choosing who is cool to die, or not.

We guess, since it's Biden, a master pretender himself, the "D" really stands for the party of "D"rone strikes.

Our "shock an awe" video's were way cooler than the stuff they are showing now. An already demolished "power plant" burning.............yawn.

How many warthogs hangared in Batman Airbase? go kill some people.....cheer, cheer, cheer it own. POS dan crenshaw says there's just no other way to earn the green.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:08 am China is next waiting for the Olympics to end and fade a little. Biden’s feckless leadership has emboldened the fascists and communists everywhere. China wants Taiwan as much or more than Russia wanted Ukraine. Feckless leadership is how world wars get started. Fraud in elections has consequences.

As we have discussed on this forum enough times over the years, Taiwan is a part of China whose government does not recognize secession claims. In this respect its government is no different than is Washington DC or the US Constitution pursuant to Texas v White (1869).

Funny how someone calls Biden's actions "feckless" while Trump goes on record as defending Putin.

Feckless leadership started world wars? We came pretty close to another one under Bush when he started two needless wars and threatened another one against Iran.

Indeed, fraud in elections does have consequences as shown in 2000 and with all the voter suppression that we have.

Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:28 am
I could go for a nice, mean tweet right about now.
Seemed to work. Trump is truly a generational phenomenon
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:36 am
The Declaration is essentially a nice "letter to the editor", means nothing legally.

and the "pretends".....yes, fake humanitarian hypocrites, like those you are engaging with, flip flop, choosing who is cool to die, or not.

We guess, since it's Biden, a master pretender himself, the "D" really stands for the party of "D"rone strikes.

Our "shock an awe" video's were way cooler than the stuff they are showing now. An already demolished "power plant" burning.............yawn.

How many warthogs hangared in Batman Airbase? go kill some people.....cheer, cheer, cheer it own. POS dan crenshaw says there's just no other way to earn the green.

As always you are free to march in any such war. Just do me a big favor by sending me a picture postcard when you get there.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

One thing is now very clear, US intelligence got this absolutely correct. Biden admin has got it correct, never doubting this invasion would happen. Looks like China got it wrong, they have been surprised apparently, thinking Putin was bluffing.

WaPo article.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:47 am One thing is now very clear, US intelligence got this absolutely correct. Biden admin has got it correct, never doubting this invasion would happen. Looks like China got it wrong, they have been surprised apparently, thinking Putin was bluffing.

WaPo article.
Remarkable how the Russian propaganda line has been widely adopted here, and in the Right/GOP media. Not merely apologists for an unnecessary, unprovoked invasion of a sovereign nation, but full scale excoriation of their own government's careful, measured, devoted response. It's just an astonishing disgrace.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Trump was ahead of the game.
He told Germany to start to contribute their share for NATO and Europe to get off Russian oil and gas 3 years ago.

The man is a genius .

Smarter that the progressive and the neocon swamp.

We need him back now.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 am Trump was ahead of the game.
He told Germany to start to contribute their share for NATO and Europe to get off Russian oil and gas 3 years ago.

The man is a genius .

Smarter that the progressive and the neocon swamp.

We need him back now.
I think Putin is probably too busy now for Trump to suck his dick. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”