Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by Kismet »

Everybody should be happy now - DoJ just indicted Hunter Biden on the gun possession charge - should not be surprised as he already offered to plead guilty recently. :oops: :D

Justice Thomas says the law prohibiting felons from owning/possessing guns is unconstitutional.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:37 pm Everybody should be happy now - DoJ just indicted Hunter Biden on the gun possession charge - should not be surprised as he already offered to plead guilty recently. :oops: :D

Justice Thomas says the law prohibiting felons from owning/possessing guns is unconstitutional.
You are not being honest. Felons who have served their time and paid their debt to society on a case by case basis should not necessarily be denied their 2nd amendment rights. What if they like MD lax enjoy hunting ducks? :D In some states convicted felons can't vote, you okay with that?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:37 pm Everybody should be happy now - DoJ just indicted Hunter Biden on the gun possession charge - should not be surprised as he already offered to plead guilty recently. :oops: :D

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna39623
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Do we get a perp walk of Hunter in handcuffs and leg irons with the mug shot photo as the cherry on top? :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Show me the man!!!
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Does this indictment of his bouncing baby boy reflect negatively on Joe Bidens reelection campaign? The folks at the DNC have to be hoping beyond hope that Biden decides to not run so he can spend more time with his family.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:03 pm Does this indictment of his bouncing baby boy reflect negatively on Joe Bidens reelection campaign? The folks at the DNC have to be hoping beyond hope that Biden decides to not run so he can spend more time with his family.
Nope; expect all of this to rally the troops.

At least to most people, it "proves" that the DOJ isn't shielding Hunter for political reasons.

Of course, the big problem is that Hunter may well get off entirely because of the prior SCOTUS decision that basically moots this violation. Judge could rule that enforcement is unconstitutional. Or a jury could be persuaded that it's not worth hardly any, if any, punishment.

It's not as if Hunter hasn't publicly admitted he lied on the form about doing drugs and that he got rid of the gun 11 days later in a reckless way. It's really not a violation that would normally even get charged...and maybe is now unconstitutional to convict on.

So, this could well backfire on MAGA.

It certainly is very likely the impeachment nonsense will backfire, all the more so if they actually take a vote without ever having produced any actual evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors by Joe.

Of course, if after 5 years of investigating they finally find some big flow of money into Joe's bank account that can be traced to Hunter's "influence peddling" another matter altogether...but they've never connected the dots remotely close to what rational people would think is actually a "high crime and misdemeanor" or in any way criminal act by Joe. I think that's because there's no there there.

I do think we'll see another indictment of Hunter on the tax charges...probably within the next 3 weeks.

Hunter may do some time at some point on one or more of these things, but he may well get off scot free. Either way, it backfires on MAGA.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Joe declare victory in an historic one term and call for a competitive election among the next generation. Say that you're going to focus on the major issues facing the US and the world with all your energy and not be distracted by campaigning...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:42 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:03 pm Does this indictment of his bouncing baby boy reflect negatively on Joe Bidens reelection campaign? The folks at the DNC have to be hoping beyond hope that Biden decides to not run so he can spend more time with his family.

At least to most people, it "proves" that the DOJ isn't shielding Hunter for political reasons.

Of course, the big problem is that Hunter may well get off entirely because of the prior SCOTUS decision that basically moots this violation. Judge could rule that enforcement is unconstitutional. Or a jury could be persuaded that it's not worth hardly any, if any, punishment.

It's not as if Hunter hasn't publicly admitted he lied on the form about doing drugs and that he got rid of the gun 11 days later in a reckless way. It's really not a violation that would normally even get charged...and maybe is now unconstitutional to convict on.

It certainly is very likely the impeachment nonsense will backfire, all the more so if they actually take a vote without ever having produced any actual evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors by Joe.

Of course, if after 5 years of investigating they finally find some big flow of money into Joe's bank account that can be traced to Hunter's "influence peddling" another matter altogether...but they've never connected the dots remotely close to what rational people would think is actually a "high crime and misdemeanor" or in any way criminal act by Joe. I think that's because there's no there there.

I do think we'll see another indictment of Hunter on the tax charges...probably within the next 3 weeks.

Hunter may do some time at some point on one or more of these things, but he may well get off scot free. Either way, it backfires on MAGA.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Joe declare victory in an historic one term and call for a competitive election among the next generation. Say that you're going to focus on the major issues facing the US and the world with all your energy and not be distracted by campaigning...
What it says to me, if Hunter walks, is the the Party is not serious about gun crime. Tread lightly, or they risk losing voters confidence and trust.
Last edited by youthathletics on Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:56 pm

What it says to me, if Hunter walks, is the the Party is not serious about gun crime.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What it says to me, if Hunter walks, is the the Party is not serious about gun crime. Tread lightly, or they risk losing voters confidence and trust.
which "Party" ?
The Judge's party? The jury's party?
That's who gets to say whether he "walks" right?

Special Prosecutor Weiss' party? GOP

I keep hearing other prosecutors say that these charges wouldn't normally be brought unless the accused had priors or was dangerous. They say it sure looks like it's only because he's Biden's son. And Weiss only did so when he got so much flack from the House GOP...

If this gets ruled as unconstitutional you sure as heck can't blame the Dems for that...right?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:12 pm

which "Party" ?

I keep hearing other prosecutors say that these charges wouldn't normally be brought unless the accused had priors or was dangerous. They say it sure looks like it's only because he's Biden's son. And Weiss only did so when he got so much flack from the House GOP...

If this gets ruled as unconstitutional you sure as heck can't blame the Dems for that...right?
Does Hunter have any priors? What's his personality like when he's using drugs?
The gun laws are what they are. Knowingly buying a gun when you are using/battling drug addiction is specifically mentioned for a reason, right?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

The Biden five page indictment is embedded within the article:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... -rcna39623
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:12 pm

which "Party" ?

The democratic party...full stop. Every news outlet should be thrilled that here we have a simple open and shut case, where he was essentially already going to plead guilty, and if he walks, the world will know the thumb was on the scale & the Big Guy helped keep a gun on the street for his son. Remember, the democratic side of the party is full on 'eff the 2A' as often as they can....so never let a crisis go to waste, fry em!. :lol:
~Livy

njbill

Post by njbill »

Frothers, hold your fire. These charges are going to be dismissed as unconstitutional under Clarence Thomas’s ruling. Oh, the irony.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:03 pm Frothers, hold your fire. These charges are going to be dismissed as unconstitutional under Clarence Thomas’s ruling. Oh, the irony.
That will help the r's with 2A and make the democrats livid. Surely, there is always a way to blame the republicans... :lol:
~Livy

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Or, by the time this case gets close to resolution, the 2024 election will be over. Win or lose Joe will pardon him. How ya like them apples?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:09 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:03 pm Frothers, hold your fire. These charges are going to be dismissed as unconstitutional under Clarence Thomas’s ruling. Oh, the irony.
That will help the r's with 2A and make the democrats livid. Surely, there is always a way to blame the republicans... :lol:
Don’t know how that will help them with the Second Amendment. They want no restrictions whatsoever related to guns.

I vehemently disagree with Thomas’ decision as well as Heller and all of its progeny, but anybody in Hunter’s shoes would take advantage of it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:38 pm
Don’t know how that will help them with the Second Amendment. They want no restrictions whatsoever related to guns.

I vehemently disagree with Thomas’ decision as well as Heller and all of its progeny, but anybody in Hunter’s shoes would take advantage of it.
I'm thrilled to blame the Republicans.

You guys have been whining about the DoJ et. al. treating Republicans differently-----yet didn't care when Trump pardoned his buddies who broke laws.

Question: you'd have cheered if Joe had said he'd pardon his son, just like Trump pardoned his pals, right?

You and your Republican Party have been sitting on the low ground for so long, YA, you've forgotten what the high ground looks like.

Want to wager on Joe giving Hunter a pardon? According to Republican voter ethical rules, Joe should do that immediately. Look at how much support Trump has gotten by doing that? ;)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:22 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:38 pm

I'm thrilled to blame the Republicans.

You guys have been whining about the DoJ et. al. treating Republicans differently-----yet didn't care when Trump pardoned his buddies who broke laws.

Question: you'd have cheered if Joe had said he'd pardon his son, just like Trump pardoned his pals, right?

You and your Republican Party have been sitting on the low ground for so long, YA, you've forgotten what the high ground looks like.

Want to wager on Joe giving Hunter a pardon? According to Republican voter ethical rules, Joe should do that immediately. Look at how much support Trump has gotten by doing that? ;)
Once the election is concluded, or he decides not to run, he definitely will. Why wouldn’t he? Oh, because we are a nation of laws and ethical, honorable behavior?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

He lied in the application process. He’s not a felon found in possession, they didn’t indict him for possession in my reading of the indictment. How is it unconstitutional? And his wife at the time thought he was a danger, why else would she throw out the gun?

And if I were dems I’d go after every gun owner who has purchased weed in states where it’s legal. Owning a gun is a federal right MJ still a fed crime.

Return to “POLITICS”