Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
elonmuskrockefeller

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:05 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:41 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:51 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:28 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am
Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:52 am
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:38 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:33 am
Not my message at all. My message is first to vote, secondly to outmaneuver what Democrats are doing. We will.
:lol:

So to sum up: Dens are cheating. But they're not winning Senate or House Seats to the point where they can actually run things.

So...the new sales pitch is: they're not very good at cheating. Oh, and at the same time, we can't tell you where or how they are cheating. Oh, and we can't give you even one shred of evidence of this cheating, even though last election, you we're in dozens of courts, with judges telling you "please present this evidence".

That about right? Oh, and to top it off, this goes against Republican's mantra of: innocent until proven guilty.

Neat.

And naturally, it would never occur to you or your fellow Republicans to simply come up with ideas and platforms that would appeal to more voters. And, you know, win elections like that. :lol:

I promise you that the message you are sending is: votes are rigged, no point in voting, pete. But I love that this hasn't occurred to you.
Since the MAGA former DOPUS arrived on the scene, the Republican Party has done away with policy platforms. It's just vote for ME! :lol: :lol:
So you are okay with the Democrats' inflation?

This woman barely held a Democratic district, which should tell you what people who know her think of her.
... wrong again KellyAnne. That district is a long time republican district. It should have swung back if this was an election all about the economy. :roll:

It's actually a +2 Democratic district after the gerrymander. Not a crazy left district, but still a Democratic district.
Are not the terms crazy leftist and Democrat districts pretty much interchangeable?? That is how it is in NYS.

ha ha. I'm not gonna touch that comment with a ten-foot pole. ha ha.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:24 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:53 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:42 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:26 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:35 am This sums it up....
Gotta give you credit for trying.
Yup, nice try. There is no equivalence, point of comparison between what is going on in the republiCON party today and the democratic party today. :roll:

Agreed. I recall many American cities burning down in the summer of 2020, by Democrats.
I thought you were banned until sometime closer to Thanksgiving?
He was; apparently Admin doesn't have the tool set to track and identify that Petey's created a new false identity to avoid the penalty box.

The funny thing is that he did so because he wanted to get involved when folks were talking 'red wave' was going to happen and he wanted to get in on the crowing.
It's pathetic.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 pm
Not my message at all. My message is first to vote, secondly to outmaneuver what Democrats are doing. We will.

So to sum up: Dens are cheating. But they're not winning Senate or House Seats to the point where they can actually run things.

So...the new sales pitch is: they're not very good at cheating. Oh, and at the same time, we can't tell you where or how they are cheating. Oh, and we can't give you even one shred of evidence of this cheating, even though last election, you we're in dozens of courts, with judges telling you "please present this evidence".

That about right? Oh, and to top it off, this goes against Republican's mantra of: innocent until proven guilty.

Neat.

And naturally, it would never occur to you or your fellow Republicans to simply come up with ideas and platforms that would appeal to more voters. And, you know, win elections like that. :lol:

I promise you that the message you are sending is: votes are rigged, no point in voting, pete. But I love that this hasn't occurred to you.
Since the MAGA former DOPUS arrived on the scene, the Republican Party has done away with policy platforms. It's just vote for ME! :lol: :lol:

This woman barely held a Democratic district, which should tell you what people who know her think of her.
... wrong again KellyAnne. That district is a long time republican district. It should have swung back if this was an election all about the economy. :roll:

It's actually a +2 Democratic district after the gerrymander. Not a crazy left district, but still a Democratic district.
Are not the terms crazy leftist and Democrat districts pretty much interchangeable?? That is how it is in NYS.

ROTFLMAO

No way to dispute the data she presents that makes the original premise laughable, so folks turn to a discussion about the woman’s congressional district make-up. :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:42 am Rightwing pollsters had one goal in mind...to create a meme (a lie, actually) that a red wave was coming...the better to cry foul when the voters kicked them out on their keisters.

Live by the lie, die by the lie...

Love this song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:33 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:09 pm

Neat.

ROTFLMAO

No way to dispute the data she presents that makes the original premise laughable, so folks turn to a discussion about the woman’s congressional district make-up. :roll:
I still think there’s a framing issue that was discussed w MD a while back but wildly different than the dumb stuff other people are saying about this.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:51 am mmm, looks like McConnell is going to get blamed by the MAGA folks.

Rational Republicans know better, but how many are left in the elected class?
Much as I dislike him, I find it really hard to blame (credit) GOP failure in the Senate to McConnell. Candidate quality matters (everywhere except Georgia). He was right, if it is true that he walked back financial support for Bolduc in New Hampshire. Bolduc was never going to win this race. Opting to support Vance in a state where they held the seat was the smart move.

Have you seen the Blake Masters advertisement where he is shooting -- and talking about lovingly -- a silenced "German" pistol?
Candidate quality may not matter in Georgia but it’s still basically the case the Ga flipping in the presidential election is why Biden won over Trump. And recall both Perdue and Loeffler were beaten.

MTG was in a near Atlanta suburb and laughed out of the district. She had to move to Rome, aka Alabama East, to get her seat.

When you take shots at a state that’s going your direction just look again at Florida and then come back with my conciliatory thank you for holding my nose and voting Biden and Warnock. And frankly I should’ve voted for Kemp in support of his standing up for decency and our country but just couldn’t take the gun and bubba primary ads I was inundated with so given I know too much about the lack of quality of Abrams threw my vote away writing in Killer Mike for Gov.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:00 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am So you are okay with the Democrats' inflation?
:lol: You already told us that it was Trump's spending that led to inflation, Pete. Remember?

Want me to pull up your quote, Pete ? $3 Trillion+ in spending from Trumpy?

:lol: Worst. Troll. Ever.
Instead of sticking your d**k in a blender every time you reply to numbnuts I’ve got a business focus for you. Met up for a business “drinks” (you know how hard it is when you are not drinking for a while and your in a practical floor to ceiling bar of bourbons and scotches and you’re like “I’ll take an unsweetened iced tea? - I did get extra wings and oyster Rockefeller apps since it was on the PE guy to make up for it)

Spot-Joey Ds Oak Room.
Situation-all sorts of stuff, they had royal lochnegar which is barely distributed in the US for gods sake
Me-hey you have Leopold Bros?
The large breasticled bartered-Nooe, never heard of it

Far more productive that ripping a scab off and pouring nail polish remover in it over and over again like you’re doing here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:51 am mmm, looks like McConnell is going to get blamed by the MAGA folks.

... the morons want to purge their only effective politician. You have to love it. :lol: :lol:
I said this a long time ago: it’s going to be a combo of dying off and presssing their luck one throw (a “yo”) of the die too many.

This is to me the equivalent of watching the strength and fight of. A person who’s literally about to die. Watched it first hand a decade ago (guess 10.5yrs ago now since my son is now ten) in the ICU with my father. Difference was it might’ve been the only (or very rare, only because he grew up in a rural area where tough guys don’t express themselves, cradle would tell you it’s a 16hr drive from wheee he lives an 700 miles even though it’s basically an hour) time he opened his sole and told me directly he loved me. These cats are going off with hatred…a waste of humanity but the empathy for them is eroding super rapidly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:59 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:57 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:55 pm
You really are a partisan.
And you're a BUFFOON elmopetey :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please try to add to the conversation.
The dishonesty with which your current existence here at this moment in violation of the agreement of terms is such that you’ve destroyed the conversation and deserve nothing at all. Nothing. No recourse, no empathy, nothing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Neat.

Those places wouldn’t do that to you. Nice job hanging in there with the new approach.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:24 am
And you're a BUFFOON elmopetey :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

The dishonesty with which your current existence here at this moment in violation of the agreement of terms is such that you’ve destroyed the conversation and deserve nothing at all. Nothing. No recourse, no empathy, nothing.
This situation reveals that there really are no rules here. The admin should just zero out the penalty box and save himself the effort to attempt to place some kind of limit on bad behavior.

elmopetey is so off the deep end he no longer even attempts to disguise who he is. The really bad news is that by Thursday he can post from TWO accounts and even have a conversation with himself. Sad.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:09 am

Much as I dislike him, I find it really hard to blame (credit) GOP failure in the Senate to McConnell. Candidate quality matters (everywhere except Georgia). He was right, if it is true that he walked back financial support for Bolduc in New Hampshire. Bolduc was never going to win this race. Opting to support Vance in a state where they held the seat was the smart move.

Have you seen the Blake Masters advertisement where he is shooting -- and talking about lovingly -- a silenced "German" pistol?
Candidate quality may not matter in Georgia but it’s still basically the case the Ga flipping in the presidential election is why Biden won over Trump. And recall both Perdue and Loeffler were beaten.

MTG was in a near Atlanta suburb and laughed out of the district. She had to move to Rome, aka Alabama East, to get her seat.

When you take shots at a state that’s going your direction just look again at Florida and then come back with my conciliatory thank you for holding my nose and voting Biden and Warnock. And frankly I should’ve voted for Kemp in support of his standing up for decency and our country but just couldn’t take the gun and bubba primary ads I was inundated with so given I know too much about the lack of quality of Abrams threw my vote away writing in Killer Mike for Gov.
Sorry, I was a little harsh. But only because Walker is really probably the worst, most unfit candidate I have ever seen running for one of the 100 seats. I appreciate you "holding your nose" to vote for Joe and Warnock, believe me. And hope you vote for Warnock again.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:31 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:24 am

This situation reveals that there really are no rules here. The admin should just zero out the penalty box and save himself the effort to attempt to place some kind of limit on bad behavior.

elmopetey is so off the deep end he no longer even attempts to disguise who he is. The really bad news is that by Thursday he can post from TWO accounts and even have a conversation with himself. Sad.
Let me start with my expression of gratitude for admin and the existence of this site. I recall two aspects to LP at the end with respect to our benefactor here:

1. He was warning us about the PE parent shut down of LP and I’m like “nah they don’t even know this subsidiary exists) - he was right I was wrong, they got that $78/annum in opex back for their cash flow divided recap
2. I thought “man he’s all up in fantasy lax, that’s dumb” - I’m now balls deep in it with my son about to run the league like the 1927 Yankees.

But…yeah let me loose on these clowns because I assure this is restrained me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:45 am

Sorry, I was a little harsh. But only because Walker is really probably the worst, most unfit candidate I have ever seen running for one of the 100 seats. I appreciate you "holding your nose" to vote for Joe and Warnock, believe me. And hope you vote for Warnock again.
It’s ok that’s why I push back. You think I like MTG representing my state or my normal Republican friends all over the country going “What the heck is wrong with your state dog?”

But I feel the need to keep it straight on both sides or decency and commons sense lose ultimately.

Yeah I can’t let an election go by abs not repudiate Walker. Not on my watch
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:49 am

It’s ok that’s why I push back. You think I like MTG representing my state or my normal Republican friends all over the country going “What the heck is wrong with your state dog?”

But I feel the need to keep it straight on both sides or decency and commons sense lose ultimately.
Understood. And never thought you liked MTG representing anything.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

MTG represents the poor, downtrodden tomatoes being crushed to make gazpacho. Perhaps unwittingly, she represents don Quixote's fight against the monstrous windmills. She represents the stench of underarm body odor being unjustly wiped out by deodorant. She represents the pitfalls of a public-education system that leaves students lost and ignorant upon graduating from high school.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:50 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:49 am

Understood. And never thought you liked MTG representing anything.
Probably would let her represent the 8th circle of hell. I'm ok with that.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Post-mortem on Joe Kent's happy and unexpected loss in Washington:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/14/opin ... d=tw-share

"When I reached Marie Gluesenkamp Perez on Monday morning, the Democratic representative-elect from Washington State was sitting on the steps of the U.S. Capitol.

Her race against Joe Kent, a stolen-election conspiracy theorist endorsed by Donald Trump, had been called on Saturday, giving her enough time to get to Capitol Hill for new-member orientation. Because of the Republican lean of her district, Washington’s Third, her victory was widely considered the biggest upset of any House contest; FiveThirtyEight’s final forecast had given her a mere 2 percent chance of winning. “A lot of people sacrificed to get me here,” she told me, speaking with particular gratitude of all the mothers who called in babysitting favors to knock on doors for her.

I’d gone to Gluesenkamp Perez’s district in September because I saw it as a microcosm of the midterms. Kent, a Fox News regular who put a member of the Proud Boys on his payroll, had ousted Jaime Herrera Beutler, one of the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach Trump after the Jan. 6 insurrection, in the primary. Gluesenkamp Perez hoped that there would be enough moderate Republicans worried about the future of American democracy, and aghast at the end of Roe v. Wade, to offset Kent’s partisan advantage. The outcome, I thought, would tell us whether Republicans would pay any price for their extremism.

It is a profound relief to see that they have. Having spent a fair amount of time thinking about this bellwether race, I see four main takeaways from it.

1. Democrats need to recruit more working-class and rural candidates.

Gluesenkamp Perez is a young mother who owns an auto repair shop with her husband. They live in rural Skamania County, in a hillside house they built themselves when they couldn’t get a mortgage to buy one. On the trail she spoke frequently of bringing her young son to work because they couldn’t find child care. She shares both the cultural signifiers and economic struggles of many of the voters she needed to win over.

“I hope that people see this as a model,” she told me on Monday. “We need to recruit different kinds of candidates. We need to be listening more closely to the districts — people want a Congress that looks like America.”

2. Voters can see the link between abortion bans and authoritarianism.

During her campaign, Gluesenkamp Perez spoke about having a miscarriage and being forced to make her way through a wall of protesters to get medical care at a Planned Parenthood clinic. While Kent called for a national abortion ban, she appealed to her district’s libertarian streak by including both gun rights and reproductive rights in her promise to “protect our freedoms.”

On Monday, she said that voters connected abortion bans to a broader narrative of right-wing radicalism. Even if voters thought abortion rights in Washington State were safe with Democrats in charge, the end of Roe showed that Republicans are willing to upend some basic assumptions undergirding American life. “It made people take Republicans, especially the extreme wing, seriously when they say they want to defund the Department of Education, the Department of Justice, the F.B.I.,” she said.

3. MAGA Republicans are stuck in a media echo chamber.

A common rap on liberals is that they’re trapped in their own ideological bubble, unable to connect with normal people who don’t share their niche concerns. This cycle, that was much truer of conservatives. The ultimate example of this was the Arizona Senate candidate Blake Masters, the human incarnation of a right-wing message board, who lauded the Unabomber manifesto and put out gun fetishist campaign ads that made him look like a serial killer.

Kent suffered from a similar sort of insularity. He attacked sports fans, suggesting it’s not masculine for men to “watch other men compete in a silly game,” a view common in corners of the alt-right but unintelligible to normies. Gluesenkamp Perez said Kent seemed shocked when, during a debate, his line about vaccines as “experimental gene therapy” didn’t go over well, which she took as a sign that he’d spent too much time “operating in the chat rooms.”

The ultimate expression of the right-wing echo chamber was the Stop the Steal movement itself. Conservatives might have been less credulous about it if they weren’t so out of touch with the Biden-voting majority.

4. Data isn’t everything.

As FiveThirtyEight’s Nathaniel Rakich acknowledged on Twitter, the site’s model didn’t take into account Kent’s personal weaknesses, and included only one post-Labor Day poll. An overreliance on a few data points made Gluesenkamp Perez’s position look weaker than it really was. Democrats I spoke to in Washington State — as well as some Republicans — believed she had a decent shot, but national Democrats seem to have remained unconvinced. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee gave her no financial support.

Democrats obviously shouldn’t disregard poll numbers or data about the partisan breakdown of the electorate. But we underestimate the human factor in politics at our peril.

“You’ve got a Trump cult-of-personality acolyte, and everybody writes off the district,” Brian Baird, a Democrat who represented the Third District from 1999 to 2011, told me in September. “But up steps this young, feisty, bright, moderate woman, with a young child, trying to run a small business, and she says, ‘I’m not going to put up with this.’” Sometimes stories tell you what statistics can’t.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I was not sure where to post this. Tom Dinapoli announced yesterday the outdated NYS unemployment system was responsible for an estimated 11 billion dollars in fraud via scammers that understood the vulnerabilities in the system and made mucho dinero taking advantage of them. BTW, 11 billion in fraud is a low estimate. I wonder how these folks were able to bypass the logjam trying to submit an unemployment claim??
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:09 am I was not sure where to post this. Tom Dinapoli announced yesterday the outdated NYS unemployment system was responsible for an estimated 11 billion dollars in fraud via scammers that understood the vulnerabilities in the system and made mucho dinero taking advantage of them. BTW, 11 billion in fraud is a low estimate. I wonder how these folks were able to bypass the logjam trying to submit an unemployment claim??
Theft up huge in general. If it’s hitting the nets run retail businesses why do you think govt would be immune?

What Is Shrinkage in Business? Definition, Causes, and Impact
By WILL KENTON Updated November 21, 2020
Reviewed by JANET BERRY-JOHNSON
What Is Shrinkage?
Shrinkage is the loss of inventory that can be attributed to factors such as employee theft, shoplifting, administrative error, vendor fraud, damage, and cashier error. Shrinkage is the difference between recorded inventory on a company's balance sheet and its actual inventory. This concept is a key problem for retailers, as it results in the loss of inventory, which ultimately means loss of profits.

KEY TAKEAWAYS
Shrinkage describes the loss of inventory due to circumstances such as shoplifting, vendor fraud, employee theft, and administrative error.
The difference between the recorded inventory and the actual inventory is measured by shrinkage.
Shrinkage results in a loss of profits due to inventory bought but not able to be sold.
Why Is Understanding Shrinkage Important?
Shrinkage is the difference between the recorded (book) inventory and the actual (physical) inventory. Book inventory uses the dollar value to track the exact amount of inventory that should be on hand for a retailer. When a retailer receives a product to sell, it records the dollar value of the inventory on its balance sheet as a current asset. For example, if a retailer accepts $1 million of product, the inventory account increases by $1 million. Every time an item is sold, the inventory account is reduced by the cost of the product, and revenue is recorded for the amount of the sale.

However, inventory is often lost due to any number of reasons, causing a discrepancy between the book inventory and the physical inventory. The difference between these two inventory types is shrinkage. In the example above, the book inventory is $1 million, but if the retailer checks the physical inventory and realizes it is $900,000, then a certain part of the inventory is lost and the shrinkage is $100,000.

What Is the Impact of Shrinkage?
The largest impact of shrinkage is a loss of profits. This is especially negative in retail environments, where businesses operate on low margins and high volumes, meaning that retailers have to sell a large amount of product to make a profit. If a retailer loses inventory through shrinkage, it cannot recoup the cost of the inventory itself as there is no inventory to sell nor inventory to return, which trickles down to decrease the bottom line.

Shrinkage is a part of every retail company's reality, and some businesses try to cover the potential decrease in profits by increasing the price of available products to account for the losses in inventory. These increased prices are passed on to the consumer, who is required to bear the burden for theft and inefficiencies that might cause a loss of product. If a consumer is price-sensitive, shrinkage works to decrease a company's consumer base, causing them to look elsewhere for similar goods.

In addition, shrinkage can increase a company's costs in other areas. For example, retailers would have to invest heavily in additional security, whether that investment is in security guards, technology, or other essentials, to prevent shrinkage that was caused by theft. These costs work to further reduce profits, or to increase prices if the expenses are to be passed on to the customer.

What Are the Causes of Shrinkage?
Shrinkage is caused from the loss of inventory due to shoplifting, administrative error, employee theft, vendor fraud, broken items, among others.

How Do You Control Shrinkage?
To help prevent shrinkage, businesses can conduct inventory audits, install surveillance cameras, thoroughly review vendors, and set up theft prevention training for employees.

How Is Shrinkage Calculated in Retail?
To calculate shrinkage in a retail store, you would look at the book inventory, which represents the inventory received and should be present in the store and then subtract the actual amount of inventory, which is the amount of goods that are physically in the store.

How Much Is Lost to Shrinkage Annually?
According to a study from the National Retail Foundation, retail businesses lost $62 billion from "shrink" in 2019, amounting to an average of 1.6% of sales.

What Are Retailers Prioritizing to Reduce Risk of Loss?
Nearly 30% of retailers reported that ecommerce crime has become a much higher priority over the last five years, followed by organized retail crime (28%) and internal theft (20%).

SPONSORED
Hire a Pro: Compare 3 Financial Advisors Near You
Finding the right financial advisor that fits your needs doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is legally bound to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that will help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.

Return to “POLITICS”