All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:22 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:36 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 am Speaking of mouth-breathers...

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) fundraised off of criticism he received for selling merchandise that mocked the nation’s leading infectious diseases expert, Anthony Fauci.

In an online fundraising appeal the governor released Thursday, DeSantis defended himself, saying that he protected Floridians from getting “Fauci-ed,” keeping state schools open and saving jobs in the state.

DeSantis knocked the media, claiming they attacked him for “having the backbone to call Fauci out," adding that he refused to follow “an unelected career government bureaucrat” like Fauci.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... in-the-us/
I remember last year one our our esteemed posters stated “Fauci thins he’s all that”…..from an adult.
fauci's got thick skin. still don't get his mask buy in, other than what do you have to lose?

therapeutic development would be nice by now. fauci likes the d. will take him up on that one.
I wonder why the rest of the world also wear masks? Idiots I suppose.
all they have to do is look at south korea over the last 2 weeks.
ftr, it's not "the rest of the world". i'm not sure that's the dividing line on countries' intelligence level, either.
gut instinct.
Mask don’t work at all. Kind dumb to wear them. I have no idea why they are made in the first place. Painters can use them I guess.
Maybe some of the more enlightened posters here can tell me why masks are even in existence? Fashion wear?

I assume that when these anti-maskers go into surgery they demand that everyone removes their masks.
Man these things are stupid: https://www.sphosp.org/wp-content/uploa ... -Final.pdf

A complete joke. Fauci is dumb.
you're the one guy (ok, maybe the 1%) i've seen toodling around in n95s.
i still chuckle at getting lambasted for questioning various mask effectiveness from our "messaging". and then months later some real messaging on masks. like in october/november. but "masks".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) fundraised off of criticism he received for selling merchandise that mocked the nation’s leading infectious diseases expert, Anthony Fauci.

In an online fundraising appeal the governor released Thursday, DeSantis defended himself, saying that he protected Floridians from getting “Fauci-ed,” keeping state schools open and saving jobs in the state.

DeSantis knocked the media, claiming they attacked him for “having the backbone to call Fauci out," adding that he refused to follow “an unelected career government bureaucrat” like Fauci.
I remember last year one our our esteemed posters stated “Fauci thins he’s all that”…..from an adult.
fauci's got thick skin. still don't get his mask buy in, other than what do you have to lose?

therapeutic development would be nice by now. fauci likes the d. will take him up on that one.
ftr, it's not "the rest of the world". i'm not sure that's the dividing line on countries' intelligence level, either.
gut instinct.
Mask don’t work at all. Kind dumb to wear them. I have no idea why they are made in the first place. Painters can use them I guess.
Maybe some of the more enlightened posters here can tell me why masks are even in existence? Fashion wear?

I assume that when these anti-maskers go into surgery they demand that everyone removes their masks.
Man these things are stupid: https://www.sphosp.org/wp-content/uploa ... -Final.pdf

i still chuckle at getting lambasted for questioning various mask effectiveness from our "messaging". and then months later some real messaging on masks. like in october/november. but "masks".
Maybe I listen and read the wrong stuff? Masks don’t work.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:30 pm

gut instinct.

please link. i've been asking for like a year.

as far as the other 99%, they just need to google "south korea starbucks".
don't know why they don't.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:30 pm

gut instinct.

please link. i've been asking for like a year.

as far as the other 99%, they just need to google "south korea starbucks".
don't know why they don't.
Better than nothing…..

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/personal-he ... facemasks/
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:51 pm Better than nothing…..

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/personal-he ... facemasks/
no, i was asking for a link on the effectiveness of all the non-n95s.

i thought you meant they all were better than nothing, and had what i was looking for.

did you go to joe's website and see what the progress was on geometrically improving the production of 95's as promised, and getting them out to the public to squash the virus? i was wondering how that was going.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Whenever I see someone coughing or sneezing into their elbow I just laugh. Don’t they know that does nothing to lower the probability of their germs disbursing?

Freedom!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:01 pm Whenever I see someone coughing or sneezing into their elbow I just laugh. Don’t they know that does nothing to lower the probability of their germs disbursing?

Freedom!
definitely helps in a lab.

sidebar: i legit sneezed into my elbow in a nursing home room last night.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:01 pm Whenever I see someone coughing or sneezing into their elbow I just laugh. Don’t they know that does nothing to lower the probability of their germs disbursing?

Freedom!
So true! Sneezing into your elbow is Jim Crow 2!... right? I laugh too...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:?:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:22 pm

Freedom!
So true! Sneezing into your elbow is Jim Crow 2!... right? I laugh too...
:lol:

I wonder if SC is also a close talker. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... es-rising/

Here we go.

"Federal health officials sounded an alarm Friday about a surge in U.S. coronavirus infections fueled by the twin threats posed by the highly transmissible delta variant and a stagnation in efforts to vaccinate as many Americans as possible.

During a White House briefing, Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the seven-day average of coronavirus infections soared nearly 70 percent in just one week, to about 26,300 cases a day. The seven-day average for hospitalizations has increased, too, climbing about 36 percent from the previous seven-day period, she said.

“There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Walensky said. “We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage because unvaccinated people are at risk, and communities that are fully vaccinated are generally faring well.”

Data and maps illustrated the hastening pace of cases — and the disproportionate burden borne by some states. Florida emerged as a national hot spot, accounting for 1 in 5 cases in the past week. Four states were responsible for more than 40 percent of cases in the past week, health officials said. And 10 percent of counties have moved into “high transmission risk.”

The response in some corners of the nation was swift. In Los Angeles County, an indoor mask mandate — applying to everyone, vaccinated or not — was reimposed. In Abilene, Kan., the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum was shuttered because of an increase in covid-19 cases.

Health officials repeatedly stressed the outsize toll covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, is taking on unvaccinated people and communities.

More than 97 percent of hospitalizations are among those who are unvaccinated, Walensky said, and almost all covid-19 deaths — which climbed 26 percent in the past week — are among people who have not received a shot.

“Unvaccinated Americans account for virtually all recent covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths,” said Jeff Zients, the White House coronavirus coordinator. “Each covid-19 death is tragic, and those happening now are even more tragic because they are preventable.”

On Friday, the Association of American Medical Colleges recommended all of its member institutions require vaccinations for employees.

“We are aware of the sensitive nature of this recommendation and understand that it must be made on an institution-by-institution basis, subject to legally required exceptions and consistent with state law,” David J. Skorton, the association’s president and CEO, said in a statement. “However, for the safety of our patients, communities, health care personnel, faculty, and students, we encourage our members to require vaccinations for employees while working with local public health officials as appropriate.”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Could COVID Shots in Secret Lure Holdouts?

"Choosing to get vaccinated has been put in a strange light," Ozarks Healthcare wrote. "For some, getting a vaccine may mean losing friendships. But it is a choice that can impact so many lives other than your own."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... definition
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:19 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... es-rising/

Here we go.

"Federal health officials sounded an alarm Friday about a surge in U.S. coronavirus infections fueled by the twin threats posed by the highly transmissible delta variant and a stagnation in efforts to vaccinate as many Americans as possible.

During a White House briefing, Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the seven-day average of coronavirus infections soared nearly 70 percent in just one week, to about 26,300 cases a day. The seven-day average for hospitalizations has increased, too, climbing about 36 percent from the previous seven-day period, she said.

“There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Walensky said. “We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage because unvaccinated people are at risk, and communities that are fully vaccinated are generally faring well.”

Data and maps illustrated the hastening pace of cases — and the disproportionate burden borne by some states. Florida emerged as a national hot spot, accounting for 1 in 5 cases in the past week. Four states were responsible for more than 40 percent of cases in the past week, health officials said. And 10 percent of counties have moved into “high transmission risk.”

The response in some corners of the nation was swift. In Los Angeles County, an indoor mask mandate — applying to everyone, vaccinated or not — was reimposed. In Abilene, Kan., the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum was shuttered because of an increase in covid-19 cases.

Health officials repeatedly stressed the outsize toll covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, is taking on unvaccinated people and communities.

More than 97 percent of hospitalizations are among those who are unvaccinated, Walensky said, and almost all covid-19 deaths — which climbed 26 percent in the past week — are among people who have not received a shot.

“Unvaccinated Americans account for virtually all recent covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths,” said Jeff Zients, the White House coronavirus coordinator. “Each covid-19 death is tragic, and those happening now are even more tragic because they are preventable.”

On Friday, the Association of American Medical Colleges recommended all of its member institutions require vaccinations for employees.

“We are aware of the sensitive nature of this recommendation and understand that it must be made on an institution-by-institution basis, subject to legally required exceptions and consistent with state law,” David J. Skorton, the association’s president and CEO, said in a statement. “However, for the safety of our patients, communities, health care personnel, faculty, and students, we encourage our members to require vaccinations for employees while working with local public health officials as appropriate.”
How are flu cases?
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Politicization of vaccination by county in the US in one picture (courtesy of Charles Gaba, of acasignups.net)

Additional analysis of lower left section of graph (voted D, low vax rate) shows high minority populations.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:19 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... es-rising/

Here we go.

Not sure this story from the TWP paints the entire picture. the big IF, is if deaths rise in correlation to those now being hospitalized and coming down with cv-19 or the DV. Otherwise, if they are just hospitalizations then releases, it will be viewed as just a bump in the road AND I now have the antibodies.

You can't scare people in to taking a shot, if they know they'll just be sick for a week then they can go about their way of life thereafter. If the chance of death having CV19 is not much different than a vaccine...what is the difference between injecting a vax vs ingesting a virus, when they both have a similar outcome.

To be clear, I am vaccinated, but how do you persuade someone to get the vaccine, when it was so politicized...hell, "Kamala Harris says she will be 'first in line' for a coronavirus vaccine if health experts approve it, but 'if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, then I'm not taking it'"

IMO, this is a perfect example of how effed up our partisan political system has become. Our own damned VP only got vaccinated b/c she was running for office. By her very words she would not take it b/c of TDS....until she had to take.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Youth - you are absolutely, positively wrong about the chance of dying from the vaccine being anywhere near the chance of dying from the coronavirus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-n ... vents.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:48 am

Here we go.

Not sure this story from the TWP paints the entire picture. the big IF, is if deaths rise in correlation to those now being hospitalized and coming down with cv-19 or the DV. Otherwise, if they are just hospitalizations then releases, it will be viewed as just a bump in the road AND I now have the antibodies.

You can't scare people in to taking a shot, if they know they'll just be sick for a week then they can go about their way of life thereafter. If the chance of death having CV19 is not much different than a vaccine...what is the difference between injecting a vax vs ingesting a virus, when they both have a similar outcome.

To be clear, I am vaccinated, but how do you persuade someone to get the vaccine, when it was so politicized...hell, "Kamala Harris says she will be 'first in line' for a coronavirus vaccine if health experts approve it, but 'if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, then I'm not taking it'"

IMO, this is a perfect example of how effed up our partisan political system has become. Our own damned VP only got vaccinated b/c she was running for office. By her very words she would not take it b/c of TDS....until she had to take.
yes, incredibly politicized.

Who do you blame for that?
Yup. I blame Trump.
Pushing for an announcement of efficacy and safety prior to the data being knowable.
Telling people over and over and over again that government can't be trusted, that experts (in any area) can't be trusted...that everything is "rigged"

That's what Harris was objecting to...her red line was whether the "health experts approve it" not Trump. Me too. You?

And yes, deaths are ticking up, following the rise in cases by about 3 weeks...and long haul cases...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:48 am

Here we go.

Is Donald Trump a health expert. You are adding a “but then” in there? The position is two distinct comparative scenarios. Kamala said “but then”? Use your intellect.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:51 am Youth - you are absolutely, positively wrong about the chance of dying from the vaccine being anywhere near the chance of dying from the coronavirus.

Youthathletics believes COVID-19 is just a flu bug.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:51 am Youth - you are absolutely, positively wrong about the chance of dying from the vaccine being anywhere near the chance of dying from the coronavirus.

2% of the people that get vaccinated die from the vaccine. That’s what Youthathletics is saying. I encourage as many as possible and was recently successful in convincing a couple of holdouts to take it. Too bad Youthathletics shrugs his shoulders and says eh don’t bother.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”