Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 pm Plus we know the depths of OS’ misogyny from his prior posts. Got double aces with a black AND female.
Tell your therapist all about it.
Scumbag. I hope many in your family commit suicide from mental health issues. I’ll laugh my backside off at you.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:58 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 pm I don’t think so. Kicking the guy after he shot him is a really, really bad fact in front of a jury. This guy ain’t getting off. He won’t get the death penalty, and shouldn’t, but he’s going away for a loooong time.
If you're so sure that is true, please explain this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-CPR.html

Fake news?
Please keep breathing so my *ss doesn’t end up in jail.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:38 pm Juan de Oñate y Salazar was not Mexican. He was born in what today is known as Mexico but later became the first colonial governor of the province of Santa Fe de Nuevo México in the viceroyalty of New Spain.

He may be best remembered by some for the Acoma Massacre which refers to the punitive expedition by Spanish conquistadors at Acoma Pueblo in January 1599 that resulted in the deaths of around 500 Acoma men killed in a three-day battle, along with 300 women and children. Of the remaining Acoma who survived the attack, many were sentenced to 20-year enslavement and 24 suffered amputations.
Not sure the additional detail explains why in 2020 anyone, let alone people with guns should feel an affinity for this character? The only thing clear is the Pueblo Indians really did not care for him. Hispanics settlers, now American citizens like this guy, feel remembering him with multiple statues is important? The descendant Hispanic settlers are now members of right wing militia?

I am sure it will become clear over the next couple days. Just a strange case.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:56 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:48 pm Plus we know the depths of OS’ misogyny from his prior posts. Got double aces with a black AND female.
Tell your therapist all about it.
Go die a slow and painful death you POS
Another stable liberal on here needs a TO ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is that you secretly begging to limit discussion, stifle speech?

I very clearly stated that if folks want to make comments on that then be prepared for the lack of a filter.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 pm I don’t think so. Kicking the guy after he shot him is a really, really bad fact in front of a jury. This guy ain’t getting off. He won’t get the death penalty, and shouldn’t, but he’s going away for a loooong time.

Fake news?
Was that before or after he kicked the man he just shot?

Let me guess, his defense is going to be that he thought he tripped.

But back to the facts, do you really think his defense attorney can negate the kicking by arguing he told him to keep breathing? Good luck with that one.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 pm Arthur Ashe monument in Richmond vandalized

Filed under, Hard to Believe.
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/06/17/arthur ... andalized/
wow.

raises an interesting question though, doesnt it?

in any event, i'm naturally against destroying property. public or private.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 pm Is that you secretly begging to limit discussion, stifle speech?
Nope...just Forum etiquette :oops:
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Fake news?

But back to the facts, do you really think his defense attorney can negate the kicking by arguing he told him to keep breathing? Good luck with that one.
Here is another cop that feared for his life:

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:49 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:26 pm When things quiet down, the other cop will flip. In return for his testimony, they will either drop the charges or recommend no jail time. If this guy hadn’t stood on Brooks after he was shot, he probably wouldn’t have been charged at all.

Maybe there are some facts out there that haven’t been disclosed that are helpful to the cops, but they better get their PR machines moving quickly because today was devastating to them.
No jury's going to watch the entire body cam video, then convict Brosnan of anything.
Howard is making a fool of himself. He's already lost his star witness.
Is he up for re-election before he has to take this sham to a Grand Jury ?
Maybe the Mayor can bring in Mike Nifong to land this wounded turkey for her.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the jury. Standing on a guy who your partner just shot is not something that will go over well with any jury. That’s what his lawyer will tell him. That’s why he will cut a deal.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Fake news?

I don't know, that's why I asked. You seem to be an expert on this case already.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Fake news?

This one always makes me sick to my stomach. This cop went to high school one town over from me. Not at the same time. He’s much younger.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/walte ... rs-n825006

This guy was running to borrow his sisters car to drive it without a broken tail light also.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:03 pm Is that you secretly begging to limit discussion, stifle speech?
Making fun of someone working through their issues to be a better father to their young children is proper however?

Cradle is defending all police behavior because his nephew is in pain (that’s what it is I’ve come to learn) why don’t we let folks mock him?

Let me tell you how hard it is when you’re in the 30s, working 80+ hour weeks for a decade or more, have come a long way but feel like you can’t take a minute for yourself or you’ll lose everything because you never had it before, becoming physically ill with ulcers and miserable all the time. The mask you use to pitch business to clients and execute with colleagues every day becomes who you are. Feel fraudulent to yourself and that you’re failing your young children. The evening bourbon ends up being two, three finger drinks. That’s just a bite from the appetizer section of what it is to be where I got to and I’m lucky I didn’t hurt myself a lot worse. At one point taking out an extra $1mm term life policy not because is intentionally do anything but afraid of what situation I might end up in.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Fake news?

This one always makes me sick to my stomach. This cop went to high school one town over from me. Not at the same time. He’s much younger.
The guy probably had a run in with the law before. So the cop should have been justified in killing him. Old Salt believes he was railroaded....
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

We all know that the breach of etiquette only flows from one direction here, and Farfromgeneva’s post is yet one more poignant example. I’d really like to understand that better.

I reread Old Salt’s posts and there’s nothing in them offensive in nature.i think Far is seeing something there that no one else possibly could.

The reactions by the left though....why?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:10 pm
Making fun of someone working through their issues to be a better father to their young children is proper however?
Try a PM next time or start a new thread?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:29 pm He shouldn't be locked up on the weekend of his daughter's birthday.
What he shouldn't be is dead. Which is what he is.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:12 pm

We all know that the breach of etiquette only flows from one direction here, and Farfromgeneva’s post is yet one more poignant example. I’d really like to understand that better.

I reread Old Salt’s posts and there’s nothing in them offensive in nature.i think Far is seeing something there that no one else possibly could.

The reactions by the left though....why?
I opened up my own situation in response to Cradles nephew, a place 5-10yrs who I wouldn’t have given two thoughts about and this cat wants to immediately go there. Same person putting ugly surnames to 20 something women regularly. And put out there that if folks wanted to comment on it negatively they’d get the unfiltered response. It was all there plain as day.

But sure conjecture away.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Rolfe's life as a COP is over. At very best he will end up getting off criminal charges, will lose any civil trial. Outside of West Bumf*ck he won't work as a COP again, and probably not even there. His case will contribute to the legal changes coming.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”