NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxrules

Re: NESCAC

Post by laxrules »

D3laxisgoated wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:11 pm This is off topic but I think if Wesleyan wins this Saturday against Stevens, coach Raba will have his 300th career win. Hell of a career and props to Coach Raba (once they get their next win). Excited to see what he can do this year, after a sweet 16 run last year. Let’s clap it up for the man
Weird situation as been recently told that stevens' Peluso is also sitting at 299 wins currently!!

Wow that is an uncanny coincidence. I believe Raba has the edge to get 300

After looking here they both have 27 years and sitting on 299.Very interesting!!

https://stats.ncaa.org/head_coaches
FairLax

Post by FairLax »

laxrules wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:29 pm
D3laxisgoated wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:11 pm This is off topic but I think if Wesleyan wins this Saturday against Stevens, coach Raba will have his 300th career win. Hell of a career and props to Coach Raba (once they get their next win). Excited to see what he can do this year, after a sweet 16 run last year. Let’s clap it up for the man
Weird situation as been recently told that stevens' Peluso is also sitting at 299 wins currently!!

Wow that is an uncanny coincidence. I believe Raba has the edge to get 300

After looking here they both have 27 years and sitting on 299.Very interesting!!

https://stats.ncaa.org/head_coaches
That is a crazy coincidence. Coach Raba has done an amazing job at a place that at times can be super challenging.
Bluecollarnescac

Post by Bluecollarnescac »

As others have mentioned, excited to see Amherst / Tufts this weekend. Anyone have any early predictions on Color schemes of the Jumbo's coach's sneakers for Saturday? Including some previous variations for context. Discuss below.

https://twitter.com/CoachDAnnolfo/statu ... 02976?s=20
https://twitter.com/CoachDAnnolfo/statu ... 72964?s=20
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Bluecollarnescac wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:27 am As others have mentioned, excited to see Amherst / Tufts this weekend. Anyone have any early predictions on Color schemes of the Jumbo's coach's sneakers for Saturday? Including some previous variations for context. Discuss below.

File this under things that make Tufts more insufferable every game....
smoova

Post by smoova »

SneaksBeac wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:17 am
Bluecollarnescac wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:27 am As others have mentioned, excited to see Amherst / Tufts this weekend. Anyone have any early predictions on Color schemes of the Jumbo's coach's sneakers for Saturday? Including some previous variations for context. Discuss below.

... and an haughty spirit before a fall.
D3laxisgoated

Post by D3laxisgoated »

Lol, couldn’t agree more 😂😂😂
beantown_lax879

Post by beantown_lax879 »

In the spirit of legal mobile sports gambling arriving to Massachusetts today, here we go:

Middlebury (-4.5) @ Conn College
Tufts (-3.5) @ Amherst
Williams (-1.5) @ Colby
Bates (-2.5) @ Trinity
Hamilton @ Bowdoin (-5)

Lots of road favorites according to, well, me. Feel free to have at it!
smoova

Post by smoova »

beantown_lax879 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:51 pm In the spirit of legal mobile sports gambling arriving to Massachusetts today, here we go:

Tufts (-3.5) @ Amherst
Williams (-1.5) @ Colby
Bates (-2.5) @ Trinity
Hamilton @ Bowdoin (-5)

I'll take:

Conn +4.5 - Trap game for Midd who has a mild let down after emotional Bowdoin win
Tufts -3.5 - Casey not fooling around after fanlax posters bag on his kicks
Williams -1.5 - Williams has issues at FOGO, but the Mules are really reeling
Trinity +2.5 - don't think either of these teams are as bad as I first feared and Trinity has nothing to lose
Hamilton +5 - Barnard paid very close attention to the havoc that the Midd zone wreaked on Bowdoin's offense
Last edited by smoova on Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

D3laxisgoated wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:47 am

Lol, couldn’t agree more 😂😂😂
Lots of envy showing on this page
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

beantown_lax879 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:51 pm In the spirit of legal mobile sports gambling arriving to Massachusetts today, here we go:

Tufts (-3.5) @ Amherst
Williams (-1.5) @ Colby
Bates (-2.5) @ Trinity
Hamilton @ Bowdoin (-5)

Sure thing is Williams -1.5 @ Colby. I would take Bates @ -2.5 over Trin and Tufts @ -3.5 over Lord Jeffs. I might take Conn +4.5 over Midd at home and Hamilton +5.
NESCACtracker

Post by NESCACtracker »

Tufts (-3.5) @ Amherst
Williams (-1.5) @ Colby
Bates (-2.5) @ Trinity
Hamilton @ Bowdoin (-5)

I'd agree with the above.
- Midd (-4.5) might smoke Conn after a strong upset last week. New OC seems to be doing wonders, but on the back of some well recruited freshman from the old one
- I think tufts (-3.5) is able to effectively game plan around shutting down Big Boy Gonzalez. Especially considered he put up 7 points (5 goals, 2 assists) last year in a very competitive game vs them
- Give me Williams (-1.5) here. The Ephs come off playing against one of the best teams in the country, meanwhile Colby previously played a St. Joseph's that is miraculously already 0-5 on the season... going to need to see a quality win out of the Colby program before my money ever touches their side of the spread
- Think Trinity (+2.5) sneaks away with this one. Will say I'm impressed with Bates' schedule thus far, but think the self proclaimed 'Raiders of the NESCAC' find a way to win.
- Bowdoin should cruise by Hamilton today. Might even take them on an alternate line at (-7). They bounce back here and can't see them being upset two times in a row.

Excited to watched!
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

How long until Colby realizes GVA ain't it? Do they care?
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Tufts (-3.5) @ Amherst
Williams (-1.5) @ Colby
Bates (-2.5) @ Trinity
Hamilton @ Bowdoin (-5)

I like Conn College - like what they're doing - but take Midd all day long at -4.5 - Prob take them -7.
Take Tufts all day long at -3.5 - again - prob take them at -7.
Same with Williams - take them at -7.
Bates vs Trin - toughest match up of the day - both teams trying to get what may be their only chance at a W in the NESCAC. Toss up. But Bates comes in with spirit - Trinity is a disaster with no seniors (they all quit) and awful coaching.
Thinking Hamilton might be the surprise of the day... upset? But logic and reasoning says Bowdoin.
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

UpperCorner wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:33 am

Tufts (-3.5) @ Amherst
Williams (-1.5) @ Colby
Bates (-2.5) @ Trinity
Hamilton @ Bowdoin (-5)

I like Conn College - like what they're doing - but take Midd all day long at -4.5 - Prob take them -7.
Take Tufts all day long at -3.5 - again - prob take them at -7.
Same with Williams - take them at -7.
Bates vs Trin - toughest match up of the day - both teams trying to get what may be their only chance at a W in the NESCAC. Toss up. But Bates comes in with spirit - Trinity is a disaster with no seniors (they all quit) and awful coaching.
Thinking Hamilton might be the surprise of the day... upset? But logic and reasoning says Bowdoin.
I usually favor the home team especially in Nescac but this week I am all over the road teams with the exception of Hamilton.
Midd looked great last week and their offense was dynamic
Ditto on Tufts. 50 some odd goals in two games. If they get on a roll watch out
Williams bounces back on Colby.
Bates Trinity toss up. One program ascending the other descending. Bates new coaching staff probably has this one circled and If Trinity loses wheels come flying off.
Long trip for Ham and Bowdoin looking to make up for last weekend will be too much for Conts
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Tufts Amherst game going to set some scoring records if they keep the pace up
LaxDad1967

Post by LaxDad1967 »

Don’t look now… but Stevens is handling Wesleyan with ease 10-2 at the half
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

LaxDad1967 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:56 pm Don’t look now… but Stevens is handling Wesleyan with ease 10-2 at the half
WOW. Battle of 300!!
Flag Down

Post by Flag Down »

Middlebury over Conn 10-9 today in New London.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Flag Down wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:12 pm Middlebury over Conn 10-9 today in New London.
Conn deserves kudos for that performance - they looked great. They are 100% on the up-swing!
smoova

Post by smoova »

NESCACtracker wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:02 am - Midd (-4.5) might smoke Conn after a strong upset last week. New OC seems to be doing wonders, but on the back of some well recruited freshman from the old one
Solid observation re the Midd freshmen - by my count, there are 5 freshmen making material contributions to a team that returned nearly all of its starters.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”