All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:26 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm ^ :lol: :lol:

Less funny, I know 3...and I know doctors who dealt with at least dozens of deaths each.

Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends.
All wore masks when around others and all are vaccinated.
MD,

Why the need to add the last part? What if they hadn't worn masks when around others and didn't get vaccinated? Does it make me a bad person that I have some friends who did exactly that and are "still around" and no worse for the wear? The sentence should have ended with, "Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends". There's no need for the last sentence. Nobody thinks it's funny either. You really let Petey take up real estate in your head, quite sad! :lol:

Joe
Joe, do I really need to explain why I included the last sentence?
Or do you understand and just don't like it?
The troll who keeps decrying masks and pitching Gilead stock, seems to think no one died...though we're over 600K Americans now. And in the many millions worldwide.

To be clear, it was definitely not intended to be "funny", just as the deaths of people I do know, and the deaths that doctors I know had to deal with, are far from "funny".

The point is simply that masks and vaccines reduced the chances of people in my close orbit from getting seriously sick (others, mostly younger or living in the south, who did not wear masks, and were around others who did not wear masks, did get sick, but thankfully, the most vulnerable among our cohort were rigorous in their efforts...I should add that we also had the luxury, due to economic and job circumstances, to be able to socially distance pretty rigorously as well. Fortunate.

No, it doesn't make you a bad person because you have friends who made different choices. Why would you think anyone is saying that?

However, it does mean that those friends made choices that may well have contributed to others getting contracting COVID, and contributing to that chain of death. We'll probably never know.
MD,

I don't need the same stock explanation you have given countless times. Live your life as best you see fit, you cannot control others and there are MANY other things in life that you CAN control that you would be better served worrying about. And if you think that mostly younger people in the south are the majority of people who do not wear masks, you clearly have zero clue what's actually going on in reality, you just repeat what you hear on whatever mainstream source that fits your narrative that you glean your news from. For pete's sake, quit with the preaching. Everybody KNOWS that 600K are dead from CV-19, there's so much more nuance to it than that it. I'm out of this cesspool thread, back to lacrosse for me. Not wasting my time with such narrow-minded thinking.

" We'll probably never know."

You just proved my point, WE WILL NEVER KNOW. Your getting hung up on something that you will never ever have the answer too. :roll:

Joe

All of you should be required to read Joe Mauer’s posts. They are always intelligent and valuable.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:26 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:24 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 pm Even at our current <1 per 100K rate above, we are considered a "moderate risk" according to the website.
How many cases of the delta variant in that rate?
my god, just let me have the summer. if i promise to stay outside.
My sentiments too...though, man it would be great to keep this thing crushed once we have it there. Rooting for the scientists to stay ahead of the variants!

Kram, Singapore has about the same case rate as Maryland (I assume you're still in MD?), yet is in complete lockdown.

They're understandably freaked by the variant and insufficient vaccine protection...they're getting supply now from China but the Chinese vaccines are less protective against delta...which is both more infectious and deadlier to a wider swath of the pop, including younger.

Thank goodness we have a high percentage of vaccinated here and are looking like we'll be able to vaccinate younger too, and thank goodness the MRNA vaccines appear to have high effectiveness with delta.

We have a decent chance of keeping this thing going lower as long as we keep getting more and more vaccinated and if the scientists keep ahead of delta or any other variant.

Meanwhile, it's wonderful to be able to get out and be with people more freely again!
Being a misanthrope, the crisis has worked out for me.
How selfish of you, you do realize that not everybody is a misanthrope. In fact some, are the polar opposite. Explains your myopic focus on the negative thought process in regards to CV-19 throughout the pandemic...

Joe
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:30 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 pm Even at our current <1 per 100K rate above, we are considered a "moderate risk" according to the website.
My sentiments too...though, man it would be great to keep this thing crushed once we have it there. Rooting for the scientists to stay ahead of the variants!

Kram, Singapore has about the same case rate as Maryland (I assume you're still in MD?), yet is in complete lockdown.

They're understandably freaked by the variant and insufficient vaccine protection...they're getting supply now from China but the Chinese vaccines are less protective against delta...which is both more infectious and deadlier to a wider swath of the pop, including younger.

Thank goodness we have a high percentage of vaccinated here and are looking like we'll be able to vaccinate younger too, and thank goodness the MRNA vaccines appear to have high effectiveness with delta.

We have a decent chance of keeping this thing going lower as long as we keep getting more and more vaccinated and if the scientists keep ahead of delta or any other variant.

Meanwhile, it's wonderful to be able to get out and be with people more freely again!
How selfish of you, you do realize that not everybody is a misanthrope. In fact some, are the polar opposite. Explains your myopic focus on the negative thought process in regards to CV-19 throughout the pandemic...

Joe
Could be argued, with some seriousness, that all sentient creatures are selfish -- basis of consciousness.

Thanks for the insight into my motivation. You take Venmo?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Joe

Nope, its free! :lol: Some people come on here to do a lot more than to project their misery on others, simply my point. Enjoy your weekend!

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Joe, you may not realize it, but that's what you do.

By contrast, most folks on here have very much a 'glass half full' approach to life, finding silver linings where they can, including finding value in caring for others rather than just themselves.

They also tend to find it easy to be self-deprecating. (as pizza just was).

You seem to be happier on the lax threads...it wasn't a terrible idea to stick with those discussions, especially the women's side where my read is that you're an appreciated contributor to the topics.

But please don't take that as me shooing you away...I'm just responding to your 'cesspool' comments. Be happy.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Sweet!

Netherlands offers free pickled herring as Covid jab incentive
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... SApp_Other
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:29 pm Sweet!

Now, for some genuine kippered herring I might fly to England and get re-vaccinated...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:39 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:29 pm Sweet!

Now, for some genuine kippered herring I might fly to England and get re-vaccinated...
Pickled herring in cream sauce with onions, on saltines. A New Year's eve family tradition.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:01 pm Joe, you may not realize it, but that's what you do.

By contrast, most folks on here have very much a 'glass half full' approach to life, finding silver linings where they can, including finding value in caring for others rather than just themselves.

You seem to be happier on the lax threads...it wasn't a terrible idea to stick with those discussions, especially the women's side where my read is that you're an appreciated contributor to the topics.

But please don't take that as me shooing you away...I'm just responding to your 'cesspool' comments. Be happy.
MD,

Like I said, I'm going back to where I feel most at home. This thread is not my forte. Won't hear from me on here for a while. Duly noted, despite my aggressive nature, I am a happy person...

joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

More than 4 Million people have died from COVID.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:01 pm Joe, you may not realize it, but that's what you do.

MD,

Like I said, I'm going back to where I feel most at home. This thread is not my forte. Won't hear from me on here for a while. Duly noted, despite my aggressive nature, I am a happy person...

joe
All good, Joe. Be well and enjoy the summer...see you on the lax threads!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:42 pm More than 4 Million people have died from COVID.

It seems like woke virtue signaling Fanlax lib desperados claim to know most....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MD,

joe

The libs here feast on normals giving up. It’s their psychological need to demand conformity and always demand more. Juneteenth gets passed (yet another taxpayer paid holiday for useless federal and state employees), the first thing Cori Bush says is ‘now is time for reparations’. Fanlax libs nod in agreement.

Meanwhile the silent sane majority recognizes how bat-guano delusional the left are.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 pm

MD,

joe

The libs here feast on normals giving up. It’s their psychological need to demand conformity and always demand more. Juneteenth gets passed (yet another taxpayer paid holiday for useless federal and state employees), the first thing Cori Bush says is ‘now is time for reparations’. Fanlax libs nod in agreement.

Meanwhile the silent sane majority recognizes how bat-guano delusional the left are.
"Well, it sure makes a hell of a fondue!" -George Carlin
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:25 pmBeing a misanthrope, the crisis has worked out for me.
I'm gonna miss curbside pickup. Does that make me a misanthrope ? (I do prefer the company of dogs to humans).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Missouri is now seeing the delta variant all across the state. First seen in Branson, now it is everywhere. Communities are seeing it in wastewater.
Missouri doctors are starting to see more delta clinically as well.

USN
NBC
SLPD
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:06 pm Missouri is now seeing the delta variant all across the state. First seen in Branson, now it is everywhere. Communities are seeing it in wastewater.
Missouri doctors are starting to see more delta clinically as well.

USN
NBC
SLPD

Lock up the children and women!!! Do this and survive til another day!!!

0D1B4C78-2113-46D7-B426-CB8A91A36435.jpeg
0D1B4C78-2113-46D7-B426-CB8A91A36435.jpeg (139.48 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

:lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:38 am Important podcast (sans politics) from Bret Weinstein, which includes the inventor of mRNA vaccine technology.

Many of you here won't like what you hear, unfortunately. IMO, it's "truth and reality" re the current state of Covid-19.

Hopefully the podcast is not removed from the youtube platform...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_NNTVJzqtY
There it is... Weinstein canceled/censored (or whatever term you prefer) by Youtube platform for "violating community guidelines" :lol: whatever THAT means. Just what is there to fear from people searching for truth/reality, and trying to help? Luckily, another less politically corrupted platform has picked up where Youtube left off...

Latest tweets by Dr. Robert Malone (Youtube typo incorrectly spelled his name as "Moore") inventor of mRNA technology:

https://twitter.com/rwmalonemd?lang=en

Return to “POLITICS”