All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:19 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am .... don't worry Petey, it is just a democrat hoax. :lol: :lol:
JHU,

Feeling a lot of hatred coming through your posts. It's ONE person that doesn't share the same narrative with you, MOVE ON! :roll: :roll:

Joe
... :roll: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:29 am .... don't worry Petey, it is just a democrat hoax. :lol: :lol:
JHU,

Feeling a lot of hatred coming through your posts. It's ONE person that doesn't share the same narrative with you, MOVE ON! :roll: :roll:

Joe
Just as I thought you would respond. Not worth my time.

Joe
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:42 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 am
JHU,

Joe
Just as I thought you would respond. Not worth my time.

Joe
Then don't engage.
'72 made a snappy retort to PB's trolling.
Made most of us chuckle.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:37 pm ^ :lol: :lol:

Less funny, I know 3...and I know doctors who dealt with at least dozens of deaths each.

Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends.
All wore masks when around others and all are vaccinated.
MD,

Why the need to add the last part? What if they hadn't worn masks when around others and didn't get vaccinated? Does it make me a bad person that I have some friends who did exactly that and are "still around" and no worse for the wear? The sentence should have ended with, "Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends". There's no need for the last sentence. Nobody thinks it's funny either. You really let Petey take up real estate in your head, quite sad! :lol:

Joe
Joe, do I really need to explain why I included the last sentence?
Or do you understand and just don't like it?
The troll who keeps decrying masks and pitching Gilead stock, seems to think no one died...though we're over 600K Americans now. And in the many millions worldwide.

To be clear, it was definitely not intended to be "funny", just as the deaths of people I do know, and the deaths that doctors I know had to deal with, are far from "funny".

The point is simply that masks and vaccines reduced the chances of people in my close orbit from getting seriously sick (others, mostly younger or living in the south, who did not wear masks, and were around others who did not wear masks, did get sick, but thankfully, the most vulnerable among our cohort were rigorous in their efforts...I should add that we also had the luxury, due to economic and job circumstances, to be able to socially distance pretty rigorously as well. Fortunate.

No, it doesn't make you a bad person because you have friends who made different choices. Why would you think anyone is saying that?

However, it does mean that those friends made choices that may well have contributed to others getting contracting COVID, and contributing to that chain of death. We'll probably never know.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Petey’s Place….a mask and hand washing free zone!

“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:26 am

Less funny, I know 3...and I know doctors who dealt with at least dozens of deaths each.

MD,

Why the need to add the last part? What if they hadn't worn masks when around others and didn't get vaccinated? Does it make me a bad person that I have some friends who did exactly that and are "still around" and no worse for the wear? The sentence should have ended with, "Thankfully, zero in my family and closest friends". There's no need for the last sentence. Nobody thinks it's funny either. You really let Petey take up real estate in your head, quite sad! :lol:

Joe
The troll who keeps decrying masks and pitching Gilead stock, seems to think no one died...though we're over 600K Americans now. And in the many millions worldwide.

To be clear, it was definitely not intended to be "funny", just as the deaths of people I do know, and the deaths that doctors I know had to deal with, are far from "funny".

The point is simply that masks and vaccines reduced the chances of people in my close orbit from getting seriously sick (others, mostly younger or living in the south, who did not wear masks, and were around others who did not wear masks, did get sick, but thankfully, the most vulnerable among our cohort were rigorous in their efforts...I should add that we also had the luxury, due to economic and job circumstances, to be able to socially distance pretty rigorously as well. Fortunate.

No, it doesn't make you a bad person because you have friends who made different choices. Why would you think anyone is saying that?

However, it does mean that those friends made choices that may well have contributed to others getting contracting COVID, and contributing to that chain of death. We'll probably never know.
MD,

I don't need the same stock explanation you have given countless times. Live your life as best you see fit, you cannot control others and there are MANY other things in life that you CAN control that you would be better served worrying about. And if you think that mostly younger people in the south are the majority of people who do not wear masks, you clearly have zero clue what's actually going on in reality, you just repeat what you hear on whatever mainstream source that fits your narrative that you glean your news from. For pete's sake, quit with the preaching. Everybody KNOWS that 600K are dead from CV-19, there's so much more nuance to it than that it. I'm out of this cesspool thread, back to lacrosse for me. Not wasting my time with such narrow-minded thinking.

" We'll probably never know."

You just proved my point, WE WILL NEVER KNOW. Your getting hung up on something that you will never ever have the answer too. :roll:

Joe
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What are the current numbers where you are?

My county's 7 day average per 100k people is less than 1 new Covid case.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MD,

Joe
Bro, you laughed at MDlaxfan because you think someone takes up real estate in his head... right after you went on a rant about a single sentence MDlaxfan included in his post???

JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:37 pm

MD,

Joe
Bro, you laughed at MDlaxfan because you think someone takes up real estate in his head... right after you went on a rant about a single sentence MDlaxfan included in his post???

Natty,

Your point being? Everyone on this site KNOWS I like to challenge MD. I certainly don't act like a schoolboy and laugh and ridicule him...

Go back to the other threads, why even bother in this Cesspool. I stayed out for months, and I'm going to do the same again!

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:25 pm What are the current numbers where you are?

My county's 7 day average per 100k people is less than 1 new Covid case.
Kram,

I'm in Nassau County NY,

There were a whopping 24 new cases of CV yesterday and only 440 TOTAL in the last two weeks. 30 people hospitalized currently, with 9 in ICU. CV-19 is thankfully not an issue at this time.

Joe
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Even at our current <1 per 100K rate above, we are considered a "moderate risk" according to the website.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 pm Even at our current <1 per 100K rate above, we are considered a "moderate risk" according to the website.
How many cases of the delta variant in that rate?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:24 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:11 pm Even at our current <1 per 100K rate above, we are considered a "moderate risk" according to the website.
my god, just let me have the summer. if i promise to stay outside.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:26 pm
"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise." -- Thomas Gray
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:26 am

MD,

Joe

MD,

I don't need the same stock explanation you have given countless times. Live your life as best you see fit, you cannot control others and there are MANY other things in life that you CAN control that you would be better served worrying about. And if you think that mostly younger people in the south are the majority of people who do not wear masks, you clearly have zero clue what's actually going on in reality, you just repeat what you hear on whatever mainstream source that fits your narrative that you glean your news from. For pete's sake, quit with the preaching. Everybody KNOWS that 600K are dead from CV-19, there's so much more nuance to it than that it. I'm out of this cesspool thread, back to lacrosse for me. Not wasting my time with such narrow-minded thinking.

" We'll probably never know."

You just proved my point, WE WILL NEVER KNOW. Your getting hung up on something that you will never ever have the answer too. :roll:

Joe
Joe, you inserted yourself antagonistically into this conversation.

I don't mind the "challenge" the slightest, but yes, your laughing emoji and consternation over my simple statement is going to generate a response in return. And that's because I actually respect your point of view.

Did I say it was mostly people in the south and younger who didn't wear masks in heat of Covid...nope, that was just those who I know who did get sick...those who for one reason or another didn't stay distanced or masks had a higher chance of contracting Covid, passing Covid. Small observation set, but certainly consistent with CDC guidance.

But, sure, I've been in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina etc as well as my home in Baltimore during the depths of the pandemic, and the choices being made in the southern states were quite observably different than where I live in Maryland. Not because of 'essential work' but because of outright Covid denial. Of course, that could well be true of lots of other states as well, and some people in all states; I certainly wasn't saying otherwise. I was just observing that in my cohort of friends and family and colleagues, those who chose to reduce their risk pretty much all came through without getting infected and then were vaccinated as soon as available.

Really should be no surprise that those still contracting Covid and those dying are mostly those who are not yet protected by a vaccine and who put themselves in potential path of infection.

Do you have an alternative hypothesis as to why that is?

EDIT: totally understand if you don't respond and refocus on the lacrosse threads. Peace.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

How many cases were unknowing covid survivors with acquired or natural immunity who still had boogers with cooties in their nose ?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:32 pm
"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise." -- Thomas Gray
looks like he died almost 150 years before the ww1 era pandemic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

My sentiments too...though, man it would be great to keep this thing crushed once we have it there. Rooting for the scientists to stay ahead of the variants!

Kram, Singapore has about the same case rate as Maryland (I assume you're still in MD?), yet is in complete lockdown.

They're understandably freaked by the variant and insufficient vaccine protection...they're getting supply now from China but the Chinese vaccines are less protective against delta...which is both more infectious and deadlier to a wider swath of the pop, including younger.

Thank goodness we have a high percentage of vaccinated here and are looking like we'll be able to vaccinate younger too, and thank goodness the MRNA vaccines appear to have high effectiveness with delta.

We have a decent chance of keeping this thing going lower as long as we keep getting more and more vaccinated and if the scientists keep ahead of delta or any other variant.

Meanwhile, it's wonderful to be able to get out and be with people more freely again!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:49 pm
My sentiments too...though, man it would be great to keep this thing crushed once we have it there. Rooting for the scientists to stay ahead of the variants!

Kram, Singapore has about the same case rate as Maryland (I assume you're still in MD?), yet is in complete lockdown.

They're understandably freaked by the variant and insufficient vaccine protection...they're getting supply now from China but the Chinese vaccines are less protective against delta...which is both more infectious and deadlier to a wider swath of the pop, including younger.

Thank goodness we have a high percentage of vaccinated here and are looking like we'll be able to vaccinate younger too, and thank goodness the MRNA vaccines appear to have high effectiveness with delta.

We have a decent chance of keeping this thing going lower as long as we keep getting more and more vaccinated and if the scientists keep ahead of delta or any other variant.

Meanwhile, it's wonderful to be able to get out and be with people more freely again!
Being a misanthrope, the crisis has worked out for me.

Return to “POLITICS”