2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Buckle Up

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:16 pm Look at all the races NOT getting along. :roll: Keep up the divisive narrative pretends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-T9ZDEY1I
All under 30. It’s just a matter of time before the die off....

Here was my first “beach”.

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

They test the water ONCE a week? Love to AOC dancing the ramba in a bikini
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 pm They test the water ONCE a week? Love to AOC dancing the ramba in a bikini
Up in da’ Bronx where the people are fresh. What a place....The Sprewell Jersey was classic... only in NY would they love a guy that choked his coach.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Data from Broward Florida rally:

✅ 31,177 voters identified

✅ 19% voted once or less in last 4 elections (8% in zero)

✅ 24% Democrat

✅ 27% Hispanic

Incredible data from a county that is predominantly blue. Put Florida in the win column for 2020!
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Didn't you hear, comrade Bandito?

Leader Trump cancelled the 2020 elections! He is our permanent Government Leader now.

So don't bother with polling anymore.

All Hail Government Leader Trump!!!
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

And there you have it. Even CNN predicts a Trump landslide victory

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/201 ... px-dbl.cnn

Stay triggered my liberal loons.
Typical Lax Dad

Bandito wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:14 pm And there you have it. Even CNN predicts a Trump landslide victory

Moody’s merged with CNN?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

depressing message to Dems and ggait. In the 6 battleground states won by Trump 2016 that gave him Electoral College victory, his advantage has either remained steady or even increased.

Meanwhile, Democrats' huge advantage with black and Latino voters has shrunk.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/have-democ ... ss-voters/

MAGA KAG.
njbill

Post by njbill »

You might want to read articles before you post links to them.

Your article says: “Of those six states [Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona, Florida and Wisconsin], Trump trails Biden in five of them.”
Typical Lax Dad

Bandito wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm depressing message to Dems and ggait. In the 6 battleground states won by Trump 2016 that gave him Electoral College victory, his advantage has either remained steady or even increased.

Meanwhile, Democrats' huge advantage with black and Latino voters has shrunk.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/have-democ ... ss-voters/

MAGA KAG.
You meant KAC. Enjoy the figs tomorrow.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:32 pm You might want to read articles before you post links to them.

Your article says: “Of those six states [Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona, Florida and Wisconsin], Trump trails Biden in five of them.”
oops, 'you gotta read' is probably a bridge too far...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Bandito wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:14 pm And there you have it. Even CNN predicts a Trump landslide victory

Bandito -- there's plenty of prediction models out there. You should read a few while serving your penalty. Here's the current status:

1. Moody's (not CNN fyi) says advantage Trump. Traditional model, so it leans heavily on (i) incumbency advantage and (ii) good state of the economy. With a decent economy, Trump is still about -12% favorable/unfavorable. So the big question is whether a traditional model still applies in the era of Trump and a VERY polarized electorate.

2. If you think negative partisanship is the primary driver (which I personally do and what 2018 reflected), then go with Dr. Rachel Bitecofer of the Wason Center for Public Policy at Christopher Newport University. 278D, 197R, and 63 toss up (AZ 11, IA 6, FL 29, NC 15).

3. Larry Sabato of UVA has it 248D, 248R, and 42 toss up (AZ 11, PA 20, WI 10).

4. Cook Political Report has it 248D, 205R, 85 toss up (AZ 11, FL 29, NC 15, PA 20, WI 10).

5. Inside Elections has it 269D, 215R, 54 toss up (FL 29, NC 15, WI 10).

6. Politico has it 222D, 204R, and 112 toss up (AZ 11, FL 29, MI 16, NC 15, NH 4, NV 6, PA 20,WI 10).

No one knows the future. But it likely will be close in the EC.

Make the base case assumption that AZ, FL, IA, NC stay red; and MI, PA revert to blue. That's 268D, 260R. So whoever wins the 10 WI ECs takes the WH.

Marquette had Biden +6 in WI vs. Trump in October; -3 in November. Buckle up!

https://www.270towin.com/2020-election- ... edictions/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No need to buckle up if it's Biden v Trump, more like give it up.
Biden's not beating Trump (neither is Lizzie). I don't believe the Ds can win on an anyone but Trump/we have to get him out of office campaign. The impeachment hearings will not get Trump out of office either, and frankly, I believe that it'll be viewed as a big fat W for Trump and the Rs which will help him in the next go 'round. He'll drive that home big time and make the Ds look like a bunch of whining fools (which a lot of them are, IMO). The Ds really need to get it together and come up with a likable and formidable opponent in order to beat Trump, and so far I'm not feeling as if they have. If I had to put my money on who is going to win the election right now it would go on Trump.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 am No need to buckle up if it's Biden v Trump, more like give it up.
Biden's not beating Trump (neither is Lizzie). I don't believe the Ds can win on an anyone but Trump/we have to get him out of office campaign. The impeachment hearings will not get Trump out of office either, and frankly, I believe that it'll be viewed as a big fat W for Trump and the Rs which will help him in the next go 'round. He'll drive that home big time and make the Ds look like a bunch of whining fools (which a lot of them are, IMO). The Ds really need to get it together and come up with a likable and formidable opponent in order to beat Trump, and so far I'm not feeling as if they have. If I had to put my money on who is going to win the election right now it would go on Trump.
Yup, could happen again that the D wins big in popular vote but loses in the Electoral College.

If looking simply at the economy and incumbency, a President in this position should win in landslide fashion. And that may be enough for Trump to squeak by in the EC.

I would not underestimate, however, the degree of motivation to 'dump Trump' that he inspires, nor the fatigue some of his former voters feel, the disappointment that he did not actually become 'Presidential'.

We've seen dramatic shifts in suburban white voters, not just women (though led by women), and that's impacting turnout #'s in red and purple states, not just blue. The 2018 #'s were epically suggestive of this movement, however I'd agree that the national candidate chosen by the Dems could impact the close situations in those key states that will make all the difference in the EC.

Warren is plummeting in the polling, most likely because D voters are correctly identifying that her more leftward proposals will indeed lose those key swing states, or at least make the odds of winning substantially lower. Bernie is understood as a non-starter as well.

Harris is nearly out of the picture now. As are a number of others from Booker to Klobuchar.

Biden would beat Trump IMO, but is not inspiring confidence from either the activist wing nor the donors.

Mayor Pete is on the rise, big time, but needs to break through with black voters. He appears to be working hard in this regard and is beginning to get some kudos for doing so. My bet would be that he'll be the leading D candidate by summer. I also think that he'd beat Trump down the stretch like a drum, though most red states will remain red. But the purple are going to respond to the moderate, smart tone, the military veteran, and his great comfort in speaking about his faith. He understands the language of evangelicals, indeed I think this will be his best inroad with black voters. It will also pull younger white evangelicals who might otherwise have voted R.

I don't think Patrick will get even a look, too late to the table.

I'd vote for Bloomberg in a heart beat, and I know a whole lot of Trump voters who would do the same, and I certainly don't think we can discount the impact of the kind of spending he's going to do, but I'm skeptical that he'll win the primary voters sufficiently.

As to the impeachment process, I think Pelosi agrees that it's unlikely to result in Trump's removal, and I think she wants to get it behind them sooner rather than later, however I think they recognize that they have to go through with it. I think they know that they need to do it methodically with a minimum of hyperbole, letting the facts speak for themselves. However, it's likely that hyperbole will flow from both sides.

But no worries DMac, they are not trying to persuade hard core Trumpists, nor those expressing the sorts of pre-judgments you appear to have. They need only to persuade the few remaining persuadable that Trump indeed abused the powers of his office, corruptly for his personal political benefit. The facts are overwhelmingly supportive of that case. They need for those facts to resonate sufficiently that whatever the voter's views about removal this way rather than in an election, they will understand the need to ultimately remove him, period, else expect more and worse abuses of power.

It's all about persuading the persuadable in the middle of that reality.

But getting the trial process over appears to be a priority. Personally, I think they should not rush it, they should pursue their subpoenas in court, as establishing that any President and Administration can't ignore subpoenas, can't obstruct justice and Congressional oversight this way, is more important than 'impeachment'.

I also think we're quite likely to see criminal indictments of, or other gross revelations, about other players, including Guiliani, DiGenova, and Toensing (along with Lev and Igor), before we're done. I think there's going to continue to be lots and lots of evidence of the corruption around this President and this process will be one part of such impression.

Of course, if you only watch Fox and Trump's Twitter feed etc, you will continue to be told, falsely, that Mueller 'exonerated' Trump, that the 'call was perfect', etc, etc.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 am No need to buckle up if it's Biden v Trump, more like give it up.
Trump won the closest election ever against what was supposed to be one of the worst candidates ever. He has done nothing to grow his base and many people that gave him a chance last time. Won’t give him a chance this time. These people work out in my old folks gym and the old retiree crowd. May or may not vote democrat but just as likely to either not vote at all or make a protest vote.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump campaign to blacklist Bloomberg News

Poor ol' Don the Con...can't seem to win without doing some rigging on his own...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:39 pm

Bandito -- there's plenty of prediction models out there. You should read a few while serving your penalty. Here's the current status:

1. Moody's (not CNN fyi) says advantage Trump. Traditional model, so it leans heavily on (i) incumbency advantage and (ii) good state of the economy. With a decent economy, Trump is still about -12% favorable/unfavorable. So the big question is whether a traditional model still applies in the era of Trump and a VERY polarized electorate. -- this is such a horseshlt model. Trump may win, but this model has no predictive value in a hate vs hate election.

2. If you think negative partisanship is the primary driver (which I personally do and what 2018 reflected), then go with Dr. Rachel Bitecofer of the Wason Center for Public Policy at Christopher Newport University. 278D, 197R, and 63 toss up (AZ 11, IA 6, FL 29, NC 15).

3. Larry Sabato of UVA has it 248D, 248R, and 42 toss up (AZ 11, PA 20, WI 10).

4. Cook Political Report has it 248D, 205R, 85 toss up (AZ 11, FL 29, NC 15, PA 20, WI 10).

5. Inside Elections has it 269D, 215R, 54 toss up (FL 29, NC 15, WI 10).

6. Politico has it 222D, 204R, and 112 toss up (AZ 11, FL 29, MI 16, NC 15, NH 4, NV 6, PA 20,WI 10).

No one knows the future. But it likely will be close in the EC.

Make the base case assumption that AZ, FL, IA, NC stay red; and MI, PA revert to blue. That's 268D, 260R. So whoever wins the 10 WI ECs takes the WH.

Marquette had Biden +6 in WI vs. Trump in October; -3 in November. Buckle up!

https://www.270towin.com/2020-election- ... edictions/
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Kamala Harris ends her candidacy.

And then there were 38? 20? Where are we?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Good. Far too many.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:14 pm Kamala Harris ends her candidacy.

And then there were 38? 20? Where are we?
Keep whittling it down. If a tree stump is left, it will get my vote.

Return to “POLITICS”