All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

tech37

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by tech37 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:01 am Skimmed it. Too long. Did you read it? Didn’t think so.

As I have been saying for some time now, I am going to wait to see whether the scientists reach a consensus as to the origin. Intermediate news articles are interesting, but they don’t move the ball forward in that regard.
Certainly I read it. Why the snarky response? And you said I was unreasonable? :roll:

Obviously you're trying to get out of this, so not to worry... won't bother you with this again.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I mirror how a poster responds to me. If you treat me with respect, I give you respect back. If you make snarky comments, I’ll respond in kind.

Sometime ago, you were fairly reasonable despite the fact that we were on different political sides.

A few posts back, you accused me of taking a position that was “politically motivated.”

Now you claim I am being snarky? Who is the one who made the snarky comment “of course no comment from you.” :roll:

Come on now. “Get out of this?” Get out of what?

I’ve told you several times my position on this issue, which is strictly politically neutral. I want to know what happened. The truth.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:14 pm I mirror how a poster responds to me. If you treat me with respect, I give you respect back. If you make snarky comments, I’ll respond in kind.

Sometime ago, you were fairly reasonable despite the fact that we were on different political sides.

A few posts back, you accused me of taking a position that was “politically motivated.” I won't belabor this further but when I post an article and the first and only comment from you has political implications... and I ask what does that have to do with content based on someone's quotes? That makes me unreasonable? Okie dokie.

Now you claim I am being snarky? Who is the one who made the snarky comment “of course no comment from you.” :roll:
And, your UFO comment wasn't snarky? Okie dokie, part deux. It started there.

I’ve told you several times my position on this issue, which is strictly politically neutral. I want to know what happened. The truth. Indeed, should be politically neutral. My original point.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Apologies if someone already posted this:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06 ... 9s-origins
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:50 pm Apologies if someone already posted this:

Nice to see someone considers this a relevant piece to repost it, IMO, very relevant. No need to apologize sc, at least not for this :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:08 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:50 pm Apologies if someone already posted this:

Nice to see someone considers this a relevant piece to repost it, IMO, very relevant. No need to apologize sc, at least not for this :D
I believe I posted this last Spring.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opin ... bate-34502
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:42 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:14 pm I mirror how a poster responds to me. If you treat me with respect, I give you respect back. If you make snarky comments, I’ll respond in kind.

A few posts back, you accused me of taking a position that was “politically motivated.” I won't belabor this further but when I post an article and the first and only comment from you has political implications... and I ask what does that have to do with content based on someone's quotes? That makes me unreasonable? Okie dokie.

And, your UFO comment wasn't snarky? Okie dokie, part deux. It started there.

I’ve told you several times my position on this issue, which is strictly politically neutral. I want to know what happened. The truth. Indeed, should be politically neutral. My original point.
I think I see the problem. You misread my initial post. You thought I was making a political comment. I wasn't. I was commenting on the inherently unreliable source. Key difference in my view, and is what I intended to communicate. I can see why you may have misinterpreted it.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Someone needs to do a Venn Diagram of people losing their turd over the "lab leak" story who also spent the Spring of 2020 saying COVID was a nothingburger, less deadly than the flu, that heck worked miracles, and you should shoot bleach up your ass to cure it.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

apples and oranges
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:14 am apples and oranges
The Chinese screwed us by developing it in the lab and releasing it.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:12 am
we need to be more certain about things before making covid proclamations.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:25 am
“we need to be more certain about things before making proclamations.”
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not when you are omniscient..like our resident 3 letter poster. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:45 am
😂….Fauci screwed up!
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Posts on a lacrosse message board are “proclamations”? Didn’t know that. You learn something new every day.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:54 pm Posts on a lacrosse message board are “proclamations”? Didn’t know that. You learn something new every day.
only since march 2020. and now, they're verboten.
#ironicvirus
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:45 am
Wow ! Even 60 Minutes leads with the possible lab leak story.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Had an interesting chat this weekend with a fellow who is in the lab animal cage business...deals with all sorts of gov't labs, mostly in US but also internationally...talked about the various types of research being done, including GoF, different types of animals, genetically modified to eliminate immune response so as to be able to test virus, then vaccine candidates, etc.

He's visited a number of labs abroad and definitely expressed concern about safety practices (particularly awful in former Soviet states, etc)...but here in the US too. He told a story of going to a US lab where you'd absolutely want any entrant to be properly attired both to eliminate contamination, but also to prevent chance of leak...but where some staffer cut a corner right in front of him...he was horrified...

But what he said was particularly unnerving was observing wet markets where animals are stacked above one another, many stacks...with feces dropping from level to level...ideal for cross animal mutation of viruses.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 am Had an interesting chat this weekend with a fellow who is in the lab animal cage business...deals with all sorts of gov't labs, mostly in US but also internationally...talked about the various types of research being done, including GoF, different types of animals, genetically modified to eliminate immune response so as to be able to test virus, then vaccine candidates, etc.

He's visited a number of labs abroad and definitely expressed concern about safety practices (particularly awful in former Soviet states, etc)...but here in the US too. He told a story of going to a US lab where you'd absolutely want any entrant to be properly attired both to eliminate contamination, but also to prevent chance of leak...but where some staffer cut a corner right in front of him...he was horrified...

But what he said was particularly unnerving was observing wet markets where animals are stacked above one another, many stacks...with feces dropping from level to level...ideal for cross animal mutation of viruses.
Yep.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2215000495
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”