Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:35 pm Officials rejected Jared Kushner [and 30+ other Trump officials) for top secret security clearance, but were overruled

This news came out before the Roger Stone arrest. Trump then took over a big chunk of the news cycle with his temporary government opening deal (wonder why... :roll: ).

If this was a Clinton White House, or most anyone else, wouldn't this be on the front page for a few days?
It was front page news, back when it first came out.

Was it ever cleared up why Dina Powell spent her entire tenure in the WH NSC with just an interim clearance ?
She worked for the Bush NSC & had to have had a full clearance then.

My guess was it was due to bureaucratic delay in processing so many SF-86's with so many foreign contacts, with the volume of new WH staff brought in from the business world, with intl experience, who had never been in govt before & had never previously held a clearance.

Rest assured, Elijah Cummings will get to the bottom of it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:56 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:59 pm old salt, i'm not following. The Russians hacked the Dems and gave the info to Assange/Wikileaks. Assange/Wikileaks worked with Stone. Stone worked with Trump's campaign including a "senior official". Post-Mueller and Stone, this is clear. With these recent events, I'm baffled how the author in The National Review can say what he's saying. Or more accurately, I'm baffled that someone's "What?!" detector wouldn't spring into action while reading it.
Stone tried to contact Assange & hoped to get advance info from him. It still has not been established that he succeeded or that "Assange/Wikileaks worked with Stone."

Even if they did, it's not necessarily criminal. Maybe Stone & Corsi were hoping to win a Pulitzer for InfoWars by working with Assange, just like Bart Gellman won one for the Wash Post, back when Assange & Wikileaks were the darlings of the left.
While you were talking, did Roger also tell you why he lied?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:59 pm old salt, i'm not following. The Russians hacked the Dems and gave the info to Assange/Wikileaks. Assange/Wikileaks worked with Stone. Stone worked with Trump's campaign including a "senior official". Post-Mueller and Stone, this is clear. With these recent events, I'm baffled how the author in The National Review can say what he's saying. Or more accurately, I'm baffled that someone's "What?!" detector wouldn't spring into action while reading it.
Stone tried to contact Assange & hoped to get advance info from him. It still has not been established that he succeeded or that "Assange/Wikileaks worked with Stone."

Even if they did, it's not necessarily criminal. Maybe Stone & Corsi were hoping to win a Pulitzer for InfoWars by working with Assange, just like Bart Gellman won one for the Wash Post, back when Assange & Wikileaks were the darlings of the left.
Ask the Black Hebrew Israelites next time you talk to them.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:35 pm Officials rejected Jared Kushner [and 30+ other Trump officials) for top secret security clearance, but were overruled

This news came out before the Roger Stone arrest. Trump then took over a big chunk of the news cycle with his temporary government opening deal (wonder why... :roll: ).

If this was a Clinton White House, or most anyone else, wouldn't this be on the front page for a few days?
It was front page news, back when it first came out.

Was it ever cleared up why Dina Powell spent her entire tenure in the WH NSC with just an interim clearance ?

My guess was it was due to bureaucratic delay in processing so many SF-86's with so many foreign contacts, with the volume of new WH staff brought in from the business world, with intl experience, who had never been in govt before & had never previously held a clearance.

He should be as thorough and conclusive as Howdy Gowdy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pmIt was front page news, back when it first came out.

I must have missed it.

Honest question: is there a big difference between having an interim clearance and having a clearance rejected, then overridden as approved? I'm familiar with the log jams, having gone through some of the process just a couple of years after 9/11. This seems like a bigger red flag, especially with Kushner having asked for a lot of classified info that wasn't relevant to his job.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Everybody needs a home :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can subscribe to the channel! Looks like they are holding down the same spot since ‘96!

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:30 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pmIt was front page news, back when it first came out.

I must have missed it.

Honest question: is there a big difference between having an interim clearance and having a clearance rejected, then overridden as approved? I'm familiar with the log jams, having gone through some of the process just a couple of years after 9/11. This seems like a bigger red flag, especially with Kushner having asked for a lot of classified info that wasn't relevant to his job.
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... _UyT2k3v2E

Kushner was granted permanent TS. Still awaiting SCI, which is compartmented, not blanket, based on need to know.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 325c5eb4eb
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... y-analysts
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

If Trump needs him to know it, he knows it.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... _UyT2k3v2E

Kushner was granted permanent TS. Still awaiting SCI, which is compartmented, not blanket, based on need to know.
So is it a big deal that his clearance was first rejected before being overridden? That was my main question if I wasn't clear.

Also, here's the reporting on him asking for tons of classified info - it says he had a SCI clearance as well as of nearly a year ago: https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ouse-staff
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:17 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... _UyT2k3v2E

So is it a big deal that his clearance was first rejected before being overridden? That was my main question if I wasn't clear.

Also, here's the reporting on him asking for tons of classified info - it says he had a SCI clearance as well as of nearly a year ago: https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ouse-staff
Kushner lost SCI access when Kelly tightened up on interim clearances. He never regained it because Trump was not willing to override the CIA recommendation. The reporting does not specify how much SCI matl he actually requested or saw while he had the interim clearance. The report just said he requested a lot of classified matl, without specifying the classification levels of the matl requested.
Given his background & diverse portfolio, he had a lot to learn at the TS & below levels.

To see SCI matl you have to have a SCI clearance and a documented need to know, based on your duties. You have to be assigned duties which require it or make the case why you need access. If you just walk into the SCIF & review the daily message traffic, you won't see anything higher than TS.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 am Kushner lost SCI access when Kelly tightened up on interim clearances. He never regained it because Trump was not willing to override the CIA recommendation. The reporting does not specify how much SCI matl he actually requested or saw while he had the interim clearance. The report just said he requested a lot of classified matl, without specifying the classification levels of the matl requested.
Given his background & diverse portfolio, he had a lot to learn.

To see SCI matl you have to have a SCI clearance and a documented need to know, based on your duties. You have to be assigned duties which require it or make the case why you need access. If you just walk into the SCIF & review the daily message traffic, you won't see anything higher than TS.
So how big of a deal is it to be rejected for a clearance by multiple people, then have that decision overridden? Or how often do you think that happens? Outside of the few dozen under Trump.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:11 am Kushner lost SCI access when Kelly tightened up on interim clearances. He never regained it because Trump was not willing to override the CIA recommendation. The reporting does not specify how much SCI matl he actually requested or saw while he had the interim clearance. The report just said he requested a lot of classified matl, without specifying the classification levels of the matl requested.
Given his background & diverse portfolio, he had a lot to learn.

So how big of a deal is it to be rejected for a clearance by multiple people, then have that decision overridden? Or how often do you think that happens? Outside of the few dozen under Trump.
It's a big deal & hardly ever happens, because someone that inexperienced is almost never placed in a position that requires that level of classification, ...unless elected into the position (Pres, VP, & Congress).

We still don't know what/ how much/ if any SCI stuff he saw. If Cummins comm does not produce specifics on that aspect, you'll know there's not a reason for concern.

I wonder which SCI clearance holder leaked these intercepts to the Wash Post :
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ed-n962221

The Washington Post, citing current and former U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports on the matter, reported last February that officials in at least four countries had privately discussed ways they could manipulate Kushner by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience.

Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage, according to the current and former officials, were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico, the Post reported.
Whoever from those countries was talking about Kushner now know we can listen in.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Matt Whitaker sweats bullets after he sees the Mueller portfolio. Says it’s almost over. He’s set to testify to Congress next week at House Judiciary.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 amWhoever from those countries was talking about Kushner now know we can listen in.
Dude! I know...that's gnarly. Better that nobody KNOWS that an incompetent, know-nothing novice is exposed to manipulation by foreign interests.

It's WAY better when oligarchs get to operate in the shadows...they're much more effective that way.

Last edited by dislaxxic on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trinity wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:01 am Matt Whitaker sweats bullets after he sees the Mueller portfolio. Says it’s almost over. He’s set to testify to Congress next week at House Judiciary.
Considering how important "looks" are to Trump, am a bit shocked he hasn't been canned for a poor performance.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

That's called Sweating Bullets...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:20 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 amWhoever from those countries was talking about Kushner now know we can listen in.
Dude! I know...that's gnarly. Better that nobody KNOWS that an incompetent, know-nothing novice is exposed to manipulation by foreign interests.

It's WAY better when oligarchs get to operate in the shadows...they're much more effective that way.
It was already a target for Congressional investigation.

That SCI leak accomplished nothing other than to confirm sources & methods.
Deep State Patriot leakers continue their coup.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It was only a "target for congressional investigation" after the toady Nunes got chucked out of the chairmanship. Kushner was comfortably "covered up" until then. Selective politically-driven outrage over Deep State nursery rhymes is amusing.

Return to “POLITICS”