D1 Mens Lacrosse
stupefied

Re: Syracuse 2019

Post by stupefied »

Rope unit of Cuse is a strength. Aggressive group with wheels
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

Cuse is a very dangerous team right now. Love how they play in the middle of the field.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Syracuse always peaks when the championship is nigh!
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

No Syracuse players were drafted in PLL draft. 6 teams and 24 total picks, so not a lot of opportunity for getting picked. Motivation for the seniors for the rest of the season???

A couple notes on the Navy game:

The Voigt goal off the accidental bounce pass was very impressive. That's hard to do.

Troy Lauder was being used in a strange way that I need explained to me. He was on the attack end of the field during some face offs. He seemed to sub off as soon as one team got possession. SU runs 2 poles on most face offs, so they have an ssdm on the defensive end during a face off. Lauder has also been used as a clearing middie, although I think he's struggled with that role. He runs into double teams and can't get out.

Nate Garlow had struggled on face offs in his few opportunities, but he looked good vs. Navy.

Navy used a 10 man ride to quite a bit of success, so hopefully SU practices against that going forward.
molo

Post by molo »

I'm expecting SU to win tonight to set up a rematch against UVA. With SU a virtual lock for a first round home game in the NCAAT and UNC fighting to keep their season going, do the Heels have enough to pull off the upset?
DMac

Post by DMac »

molo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:35 pm I'm expecting SU to win tonight to set up a rematch against UVA. With SU a virtual lock for a first round home game in the NCAAT and UNC fighting to keep their season going, do the Heels have enough to pull off the upset?
Yes, I don't see this game as gimmie, Heels'll be playin' like a cornered animal.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Looks as if the Cuse boys figured they had this one won before they walked on the field. Trotting, lofting passes, don't have that sharpness, no edge. 4-4 at the half, see who comes out with the fire for the last thirty minutes.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Pretty bad last 5 minutes for the Orange tonight and it cost them.
Anyone else have an opinion on the ACC tournament or particularly the new format this year? I really don't know why they have a 4/5 game?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 pm Looks as if the Cuse boys figured they had this one won before they walked on the field. Trotting, lofting passes, don't have that sharpness, no edge. 4-4 at the half, see who comes out with the fire for the last thirty minutes.
They mirrored the lumbering, rotund energy of their large head coach. If Desko cut out the burgers, maybe Cuse wouldn't have collapsed at the end there. Such a shame.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:24 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:04 pm Looks as if the Cuse boys figured they had this one won before they walked on the field. Trotting, lofting passes, don't have that sharpness, no edge. 4-4 at the half, see who comes out with the fire for the last thirty minutes.
They mirrored the lumbering, rotund energy of their large head coach. If Desko cut out the burgers, maybe Cuse wouldn't have collapsed at the end there. Such a shame.
Spoken like a guy with a slim avatar.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

:) that actually made me laugh. Tough loss for Syracuse. Let UNC hang around for too long.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Rotund energy?
JD's a pretty typical sixty one year old dad bod, Hop coaches should try to mirror that.
Not a bad loss for the Cuse, good time to lay an egg. Still in the dance, Hop boys with
their short, little legged, munchkins gonna be there?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 pm
Rotund energy?
JD's a pretty typical sixty one year old dad bod, Hop coaches should try to mirror that.
Not a bad loss for the Cuse, good time to lay an egg. Still in the dance, Hop boys with
their short, little legged, munchkins gonna be at the there?
Maybe if they stay away from Desko and Simmons III. They might try to eat them.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

U had EIGHT HOME games ! Don’t say a word. Total diaper blowout!
DMac

Post by DMac »

You get a bogey on that post, putt.
Meaningless garbage. Cuse played poorly today and got beat.
You just wanted to whine about their eight home games.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Yep... expending energy for a rematch with Hoos? Reading/believing their press clippings?

Stopped playing when they went up by 3...oops, 4 mins left on game clock!

Actually, Heels needed less than a minute to steal this one. Kudos to them.

Let's hope this was the one crappy game left in this team and they go on the run they're capable of in Tourney.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Couple of things I just don't get:
JD's been high on Cook from game one, what does he bring to the field?
Buttermore is finally seeing more minutes but why would you not have him on the EMO unit?
Another 3G game from him along with a nice assist to Voigt, IMO he needs to be used much more as a go to guy (I would like to have seen the ball in his stick on the last play whether that be bringing it into play or receiving a pass for the final shot).
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:04 am Couple of things I just don't get:
JD's been high on Cook from game one, what does he bring to the field?
Buttermore is finally seeing more minutes but why would you not have him on the EMO unit?
Another 3G game from him along with a nice assist to Voigt, IMO he needs to be used much more as a go to guy (I would like to have seen the ball in his stick on the last play whether that be bringing it into play or receiving a pass for the final shot).
Re Cook...I think he's smart, carries/passes ball well, good on GBs, and he doesn't slow the offense. Basically a role player right now, right dmac? And then, unlike what's happening at Hopkins, the coaches may be giving a freshman (who's not on Epstein's level) early PT development for future?

Just my 2 cents.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 pm
Rotund energy?
HopFan16 was engaging in a little sarcasm (though why he's doing it on this thread is beyond me). On the Hop thread, a new poster has been savaging Petro for being out of shape, thus leading to his team not respecting him, thus leading to Hop losses. Or something.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Early PT development is a reasonable guess I suppose, tech. He put up zeros across the board in this last game. Has 4G and 4A for the season and he's seen a lot of PT. 23 shots of which 13 were on cage. 10 GBs, 8 TOs.
Buttermore, who didn't see the field at all for one game (Cook's played in every one...and I'm pretty sure he's been in on the man up unit too), and has seen far fewer minutes in a number of games has 19Gs and 3As. 46 shots, 29 of which have been on cage. 5 GBs, 4 TOs. He has 2 more Gs than Curry, 3 more than Rehfuss, and only 5 fewer than Solomon.
I'd like to see him on the field a whole lot more and certainly on EMO. The kid's a shooter and just one of those players who makes stuff happen, can play with contact too (think he welcomes it and plays off it...box style), pretty good sized boy who isn't easy to deal with. I really think JD has underutilized him and overused Cook. Cook is just too easy to shut off, really has been pretty much a non factor yet he's real high on JD's list of guys he wants on the filed. As I said, I just don't get it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”