Cornell 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxfan1313

Re: Cornell 2024

Post by laxfan1313 »

ICGrad wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:58 pm
laxfan1313 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:52 pm 2020-2022: no games.
Minor correction: Cornell played Syracuse @ 'Cuse in 2022. Cornell had 2 days rest (they played Harvard 4/9, Syracuse 4/11), Syracuse had 4 days rest (Albany 4/7).

This was the game where Syracuse jumped out to the big lead (6-0, I think?) but Cornell came back to win it late.
Another data point. Looking at the current Orange roster, only a dozen or so red shirts, well down from the usual 1/4 to 1/3 of the roster. Congrats!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Right on cue.
Congrats? What is congratulatory about that?
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:40 am Right on cue.
Congrats? What is congratulatory about that?
I guess you never had to pay 5 years tuition for a 4 year degree.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nope, never did. Does anybody have to?
RP choose to?

So there's the red shirts. Next up number of
practices and games under their belts as opposed
to the Ivies because of the rules they set up for
themselves.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Does anyone have film from the 1976 Cornell @ Hobart game? I know, cameras weren't around in the stone age.. Thanks in advance.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

DMac wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:17 pm 16-15 Cornell, OT.
That game came with the pizzin' and moanin' too.
So the potential advantage given the team that gained 2-3 hours of extra rest by playing the early semifinal game on Memorial Day weekend gets the full attention of the lax world for years.....

But Syracuse getting 6-8 days rest before playing Cornell vs Cornell's 2-3 days for almost a decade is no big deal. I just never understood that scheduling quirk year after year. I have no animus towards SU and actually have an affinity for the school. I spent quite a bit of time on the SU campus growing up taking summer classes at the Newhouse school and my son almost attended SU. Much respect for the lax program as well.

All Cornell fans are saying is that it's nice to play this year's game with both teams getting equal rest. And I have never seen complaining like the ACC fan boys after the 2022 NCAA tournament. It was endless.

I too am extremely glad the game is back on the schedule after a one year hiatus. It's a great rivalry.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Chousnake wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:20 pm
So the potential advantage given the team that gained 2-3 hours of extra rest by playing the early semifinal game on Memorial Day weekend gets the full attention of the lax world for years.....
Indeed, and I do believe the team playing first comes in with an advantage.
But Syracuse getting 6-8 days rest before playing Cornell vs Cornell's 2-3 days for almost a decade is no big deal. I just never understood that scheduling quirk year after year. Nor have I, nor do I believe there's a conspiracy of schedule manipulation so as to give Cuse an upper hand/advantage. This is a mutually agreed upon scheduled game.
I have no animus towards SU and actually have an affinity for the school. Share those same sentiments re Cornell. Went to Kopf many times as a HS laxer, loved the place and the team/play was just fantastic. 1313's pizzin' 'n moanin' and his arrogance of Ivy superiority, specifically Cornell, is what set the tone for these discussions many years ago. I spent quite a bit of time on the SU campus growing up taking summer classes at the Newhouse school and my son almost attended SU. Much respect for the lax program as well.

All Cornell fans are saying is that it's nice to play this year's game with both teams getting equal rest. And I have never seen complaining like the ACC fan boys after the 2022 NCAA tournament. It was endless.

I too am extremely glad the game is back on the schedule after a one year hiatus. It's a great rivalry.
Yup.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:47 pm
Chousnake wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:20 pm
Indeed, and I do believe the team playing first comes in with an advantage.
But Syracuse getting 6-8 days rest before playing Cornell vs Cornell's 2-3 days for almost a decade is no big deal. I just never understood that scheduling quirk year after year. Nor have I, nor do I believe there's a conspiracy of schedule manipulation so as to give Cuse an upper hand/advantage. This is a mutually agreed upon scheduled game.
I have no animus towards SU and actually have an affinity for the school. Share those same sentiments re Cornell. Went to Kopf many times as a HS laxer, loved the place and the team/play was just fantastic. 1313's pizzin' 'n moanin' and his arrogance of Ivy superiority, specifically Cornell, is what set the tone for these discussions many years ago. I spent quite a bit of time on the SU campus growing up taking summer classes at the Newhouse school and my son almost attended SU. Much respect for the lax program as well.

Yup.
Give it a rest DTroll. Making factual statements about the Big Red and the Ivy League is not arrogance. It is truth. The ability of Cornell, Penn, Yale & Princeton to compete on the national stage in lacrosse with scholarship schools is impressive. Particularly so in the cases of Cornell & Penn whose endowments are dwarfed by those of Harvard, Yale & Princeton which enables those universities to offer financial aid packages unmatchable by the other Ivies. I could post University rankings but what's the point? Look them up yourself. Happy New Year to all. Syracuse-Cornell has been a good rivalry, but I'd prefer instead establishing rivalries with schools like Maryland, Virginia, Johns Hopkins & Duke among others.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Facts my asz. Downplay, backpedal, sugarcoat. You wreak of arrogance, the poster child for those who perpetuate the image of lacrosse being the game played by rich, white boy elitists. You were the only unwelcoming person on the Cornell thread when I first started coming around (still are). The Orange Troll who doesn't know jack about Cornell lacrosse. Told you I was a long time half-azzed Cornell fan, had nothing but respect for the program. You called all that bullschidt (in so many words), was just saying that as a Cuse troll. Went nuts on me when I said Pannell didn't look to me as if he'd be coming back after his injury (yeah, I was at the Kopf watching Cornell play Army and saw him go down....image that). I'm not a doctor and shouldn't be saying stuff like that and blah, blah, blah, and on and on with your arrogant horseschidt (who was right?). You are who you are wallowing in your pool of superiority, spare me the backpedaling.
Oh, and HNY to you too.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:02 am Facts my asz. Downplay, backpedal, sugarcoat. You wreak of arrogance, the poster child for those who perpetuate the image of lacrosse being the game played by rich, white boy elitists. You were the only unwelcoming person on the Cornell thread when I first started coming around (still are). The Orange Troll who doesn't know jack about Cornell lacrosse. Told you I was a long time half-azzed Cornell fan, had nothing but respect for the program. You called all that bullschidt (in so many words), was just saying that as a Cuse troll. Went nuts on me when I said Pannell didn't look to me as if he'd be coming back after his injury (yeah, I was at the Kopf watching Cornell play Army and saw him go down....image that). I'm not a doctor and shouldn't be saying stuff like that and blah, blah, blah, and on and on with your arrogant horseschidt (who was right?). You are who you are wallowing in your pool of superiority, spare me the backpedaling.
Oh, and HNY to you too.
If you're going to curse, at least learn the spelling of the words. I know, in your warped mind, intentionally misspelling the words gets you past the moderator. As if they don't visit the site and look at the posts. About 99% of your post is pure B.S. You interpret facts as arrogance. Perhaps if you'd actually attended Syracuse, you'd know the difference. By the way, Rob came back and won the Tewaaraton and the Enners (Twice). And he's still playing.
DMac

Post by DMac »

C'mon, 1313, smart boy like you....get past the moderator? Maybe get past the function that screens and changes the word? Couldn't care any less if the moderator sees it. Gotta report it, maybe you can do that.
100% of what I say is true. You've been called out several times about your treatment of those who visit "your" thread. Been called out by your own too. To deny being unwelcoming, uppity, and nasty (particularly to me) is to bullschidt only yourself.
Nope, never got that Cuse sheepskin', got a DD214 instead. Tells about Vietnam and all kinds of stuff on there. Yours tell
about your acing the How To Be An Arrogant Ivy Prude course anywhere?
Yup, Rob did indeed do all that. No National Titles though.
Oh, and Merry Christmas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2XdkBkTTk
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:57 pm C'mon, 1313, smart boy like you....get past the moderator? Maybe get past the function that screens and changes the word? Couldn't care any less if the moderator sees it. Gotta report it, maybe you can do that.
100% of what I say is true. You've been called out several times about your treatment of those who visit "your" thread. Been called out by your own too. To deny being unwelcoming, uppity, and nasty (particularly to me) is to bullschidt only yourself.
Nope, never got that Cuse sheepskin', got a DD214 instead. Tells about Vietnam and all kinds of stuff on there. Yours tell
about your acing the How To Be An Arrogant Ivy Prude course anywhere?
Yup, Rob did indeed do all that. No National Titles though.
Oh, and Merry Christmas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2XdkBkTTk
Rob got a couple World titles. I'll give you the last word. Hopefully it won't be a misspelled curse word or a racist comment for which you are notorious.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

I'm Baaaack.
It's a bit early, but with my beloved Jets season officially over (although in reality, it was over 4 plays into the season), I'm ready for another great year of Cornell Lax.
The schedule is BRUTAL, and losing the best Close defender I ever witnessed is a tough loss. I think we can replace our goalie, and some of the other losses but replacing him will be impossible.
We have a great class coming in, and of course CJ is one of the top 5 players in the country, so we should be very competitive.
Cornell Lacrosse at Schoellkopf is the best part of Spring. Can't wait.
By the way, coming back and reading 1313 and Dmac bantering back and forth, well, it's like I Never left.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:19 pm I'm Baaaack.
It's a bit early, but with my beloved Jets season officially over (although in reality, it was over 4 plays into the season), I'm ready for another great year of Cornell Lax.
The schedule is BRUTAL, and losing the best Close defender I ever witnessed is a tough loss. I think we can replace our goalie, and some of the other losses but replacing him will be impossible.
We have a great class coming in, and of course CJ is one of the top 5 players in the country, so we should be very competitive.
By the way, coming back and reading 1313 and Dmac bantering back and forth, well, it's like I Never left.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Can we talk about A-aron Rodgers and the curse of the JETS?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:40 am
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Can we talk about A-aron Rodgers and the curse of the JETS?
Of course. When Joewillie raised his finger with the #1, on January 12, 1969, it meant that the Jets would win, and only 1 SB. I love Namath but he forever sold the Jets soul to Satan, and cursed our beloved franchise forever.
At least I got to witness that 1, that he guaranteed.

Now onto Cornell Lax. I went to a Cornell basketball game a few weeks back, and in the facility, was the Lax, team with Coach Buczek, and Steven's, and let me tell you, this Cornell team is big, I mean they have some really big players and 1 or 2 really stood out as being like 6-6 or 6-7. And many are built like tight ends. Seeing them up close was very impressive. Their conditioning is amazing.
Can't wait for early February and that 1st game.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Joewillie78
Thank God...and not a moment too soon. The DMac v. laxfan1313 was getting tedious as f/ck.

Sorry about Aaron Rogers.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ICGrad wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:06 am
Joewillie78
Thank God...and not a moment too soon. The DMac v. laxfan1313 was getting tedious as f/ck.

Sooo, how about Cortland winning the D3 title and Cortaca this year?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Joewillie78

Lol. Yeah but aren't we used to the dmac vs. 1313 fued. The thing with both of them, is that both are so very knowledgeable and I enjoy reading all their material.
We all can't get along with everyone, so I would say , it is what it is.

Thanks about Rodgers. He's been so durable most of his career but of course no one is immune to the Jets curse.

Now, on to Cornell Lax. And another fun year.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:50 pm
Joewillie78

Sooo, how about Cortland winning the D3 title and Cortaca this year?
So happy for Cortland. I have a very good friend who used to be the IC rowing coach and his wife is currently the woman's rowing coach at IC, and even he was rooting for Cortland. Having ANY local team win a NC is great.

By the way, my IC friend comes with me to most of the basketball and lacrosse games at Cornell, and also works up in the press box at CU football games.

We are going to the Cornell/Colgate basketball game Saturday night.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”