Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Recruiting

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

TNLAX wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:20 am
jff97 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:32 pm With it being a month since contact could start for the class of 2024, I decided to look at the 5-star distribution for not just them but also the class of 2023. ILWomen has 20 listed five stars for '23 and 25 for '24. And before Kleizaster comes in here to scream about it, yes UNC has cleaned up in both years. Now that we've gotten that out of the way..
2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College
2-Clemson, Dartmouth, Maryland
1-Duke, Florida, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Stanford, Syracuse, Virginia Tech

2024:
6-North Carolina
3-Boston College, Michigan, Syracuse
2-Maryland, Stanford
1-Duke, Harvard, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt

23/25 Five Stars in 2024 have committed so far.
Just curious, who is the Vanderbilt 2024 recruit? I don’t follow them that closely anymore, but it is interesting they have a commitment from such a highly ranked recruit. Thanks
Could it be any of these recent Vandy signers?

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highl ... 643169822/
jff97

Post by jff97 »

The commit's name is Emmerson Martin. Those look to be Vandy's 2022 signees. All the commits for 2023 and 2024 are currently verbal commitments and teams can't mention them in an official capacity until they sign their National Letter of Intent during their senior year of high school. For the class of 2023 that will come on Nov. 9.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:42 pm
jff97 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:32 pm With it being a month since contact could start for the class of 2024, I decided to look at the 5-star distribution for not just them but also the class of 2023. ILWomen has 20 listed five stars for '23 and 25 for '24. And before Kleizaster comes in here to scream about it, yes UNC has cleaned up in both years. Now that we've gotten that out of the way..
2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College

2024:
6-North Carolina
2-Maryland, Stanford

Just curious, who is the Vanderbilt 2024 recruit? I don’t follow them that closely anymore, but it is interesting they have a commitment from such a highly ranked recruit. Thanks

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

you can literally go to ILWomens recruiting page and find all this information in 10 seconds. Emmerson Martin, a goalie out of MD who's pretty good. Someone i wish CUSE would have went after seeing as it is a major need. How do you let a highly ranked goalie go to VANDY? They got got one to committ but not high caliber.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:33 pm
2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College

2024:
6-North Carolina
2-Maryland, Stanford

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

you can literally go to ILWomens recruiting page and find all this information in 10 seconds. Emmerson Martin, a goalie out of MD who's pretty good. Someone i wish CUSE would have went after seeing as it is a major need. How do you let a highly ranked goalie go to VANDY? They got got one to committ but not high caliber.
Would you provide a link, please? Thanks in advance.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:52 pm
2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College

2024:
6-North Carolina
2-Maryland, Stanford

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

Would you provide a link, please? Thanks in advance.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... inglist/15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Thank you, sir.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College

2024:
6-North Carolina
2-Maryland, Stanford

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

Maybe CUSE did go after her and she decided that the academics are a better fit at Vanderbilt. She may have also like Nashville over Syracuse, and she may have liked the social aspect that Vanderbilt offers compared to CUSE. All speculation here, but some kids look at the whole picture and realize it isn't all about lacrosse. And just maybe, and this is a big maybe, maybe Vanderbilt is on their way to being a regular NCAA tournament team and she thinks she can help them reach the next level.

Either way, hope everyone has a great week.
OuttaNowhereWregget

TNLAX wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:22 am
2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College

2024:
6-North Carolina
2-Maryland, Stanford

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

Maybe CUSE did go after her and she decided that the academics are a better fit at Vanderbilt. She may have also like Nashville over Syracuse, and she may have liked the social aspect that Vanderbilt offers compared to CUSE. All speculation here, but some kids look at the whole picture and realize it isn't all about lacrosse. And just maybe, and this is a big maybe, maybe Vanderbilt is on their way to being a regular NCAA tournament team and she thinks she can help them reach the next level.

Either way, hope everyone has a great week.
Well said, TN.
DMac

Post by DMac »

2023:
4-North Carolina
3-Boston College

2024:
6-North Carolina
2-Maryland, Stanford

Trystan Fogg
Cate Bradley
Nancy Halleron
Sammy Nuchow
Jackie Nuchow
Josie Ward
Cooper Garrett
Kemper Robinson
Molly Finlay

The only person(s) who let her go to Vandy is the person(s) who make the decision as to whether or not she meets the requirements for admission. The reason this person chose Vandy is unbeknownst to you and there are a multitude of reasons that come into play in one's decision.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... k-up/60290

Interesting read. They were a packaged deal and BC was close to landing both, but the campus and facilities tour made the difference in UNC's favor. BC just missed out on Chloe Humphrey too. (also note, coaches, being personal matters for recruits!) This is another reason why MD should be be a little uneasy. They are routinely the 3rd or 4th option for top players. I hate to keep bringing them up but i really think this is a HUGE shift in the sport, sort of like the end of NW's reign and the start of Maryland's second dynasty and not many people are realizing this. Maybe no one cares. it's fine. Just don't want MD fans to be surprised if they go on a championship drought. UNC and BC are just more attractive right now.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:56 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... k-up/60290

Interesting read. They were a packaged deal and BC was close to landing both, but the campus and facilities tour made the difference in UNC's favor. BC just missed out on Chloe Humphrey too. (also note, coaches, being personal matters for recruits!) This is another reason why MD should be be a little uneasy. They are routinely the 3rd or 4th option for top players. I hate to keep bringing them up but i really think this is a HUGE shift in the sport, sort of like the end of NW's reign and the start of Maryland's second dynasty and not many people are realizing this. Maybe no one cares. it's fine. Just don't want MD fans to be surprised if they go on a championship drought. UNC and BC are just more attractive right now.
Beautiful campus, great weather, amazing lacrosse facility (does BC even have one anymore lol) coaching (including Team US/potential olympics advantage), ranked higher academically (US News, Forbes, etc) seems a no brainer to choose UNC over BC...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:56 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... k-up/60290

If I'm a Maryland fan, I can assure you that you have placed me on fair notice that my team is at its nadir in the recruiting wars. OK?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

UMD had the #1 classes 2020 and 2021
Plus they have the best transfers in Bosco, Rhule and Donovan

They are lined up for championships 16 And 17 with no openings for playing time.

UNC and BC have no chance of catching UMD natty levels in this century. This is due to lacrosse being Maryland’s state sport, the team would exist without title 9 force, and star players being a bigger deal in the lacrosse state. More teams will begin to ascend and pass UNC and BC but UMD will always be the good standard and always be in the championship mix.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:45 pm UMD had the #1 classes 2020 and 2021

They are lined up for championships 16 And 17 with no openings for playing time.

UNC and BC have no chance of catching UMD natty levels in this century. This is due to lacrosse being Maryland’s state sport, the team would exist without title 9 force, and star players being a bigger deal in the lacrosse state. More teams will begin to ascend and pass UNC and BC but UMD will always be the good standard and always be in the championship mix.
I guess we've been told. And the rippling white leatherbacked turtle flags shall wave ever thusly. So there.

Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:45 pm UMD had the #1 classes 2020 and 2021

This is flawed logic. first of all, no one said UNC or BC will win more championships than Maryland. Although it's not as impossible as you make it seem. In the next 15-20 years i promise you that gap will continue narrowing. The argument made was that the momentum is on UNC and BC's side which is undeniable. Maryland has been been third best the last 4 years in the sport. and in 2 of those years they were barely a top 10 program. Secondly, Lacrosse being Maryland's "state sport" helped them more in the 90s and early to Mid 2000s than now. Lacrosse is a much more national sport and there is comparable talent sprouting everywhere. UNC and BC are national programs meaning they can recruit kids from anywhere. They routinely go into the state of Maryland and pluck talent from right under Cathy Reese's nose. As a result, that Maryland state talent pool Reese used to bank has becomes diluted. Instead of getting the best 5 kids in the state, Maryland is getting 1 or 2. The rest are opting to go elsewhere. At their peak, MD was getting all these kids. Taylor Cummings went to MD because it was the expectation. They were the dominant program. If Taylor Cummings was coming out today, she would have a much tougher decision. MD's top recruit in 2022 Edmonson was a stone's throw away from landing at UNC. She ultimately decided to stay closer to home. With the way UNC and BC have recruited the past 4 cycles, that's 12 years MINIMUM of them being contenders. they havn't peaked yet. so i don't see a random program surpassing them. Took UNC 15 years to pass Maryland. BC is on the verge but not there yet. When i say pass i mean being the absolute #1 option and destination for top players, transfers, etc. MD fans should stop feeling entitled
Bart

Post by Bart »

It is Rhude......
DMac

Post by DMac »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:20 am

This is flawed logic. first of all, no one said UNC or BC will win more championships than Maryland. Although it's not as impossible as you make it seem. In the next 15-20 years i promise you that gap will continue narrowing. The argument made was that the momentum is on UNC and BC's side which is undeniable. Maryland has been been third best the last 4 years in the sport. and in 2 of those years they were barely a top 10 program. Secondly, Lacrosse being Maryland's "state sport" helped them more in the 90s and early to Mid 2000s than now. Lacrosse is a much more national sport and there is comparable talent sprouting everywhere. UNC and BC are national programs meaning they can recruit kids from anywhere. They routinely go into the state of Maryland and pluck talent from right under Cathy Reese's nose. As a result, that Maryland state talent pool Reese used to bank has becomes diluted. Instead of getting the best 5 kids in the state, Maryland is getting 1 or 2. The rest are opting to go elsewhere. At their peak, MD was getting all these kids. Taylor Cummings went to MD because it was the expectation. They were the dominant program. If Taylor Cummings was coming out today, she would have a much tougher decision. MD's top recruit in 2022 Edmonson was a stone's throw away from landing at UNC. She ultimately decided to stay closer to home. With the way UNC and BC have recruited the past 4 cycles, that's 12 years MINIMUM of them being contenders. they havn't peaked yet. so i don't see a random program surpassing them. Took UNC 15 years to pass Maryland. BC is on the verge but not there yet. When i say pass i mean being the absolute #1 option and destination for top players, transfers, etc. MD fans should stop feeling entitled
You do realize you're "talking" to a horsezasz whose primary objective here at FL is to annoy, instigate, and stir the pot with idiotic nonsense, right? You won't get a response as Essex is yet again in the clink for an extended period for his/her shenanigans.
"always be the good standard" (probably a typo meant to be gold standard).
"always be in the championship mix."
These two statements give you a hint that you're dealing with a poster who doesn't deal with reality (see Cuse and Hopkins mlax)?
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:16 am
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:20 am

You do realize you're "talking" to a horsezasz whose primary objective here at FL is to annoy, instigate, and stir the pot with idiotic nonsense, right? You won't get a response as Essex is yet again in the clink for an extended period for his/her shenanigans.
"always be the good standard" (probably a typo meant to be gold standard).
"always be in the championship mix."
These two statements give you a hint that you're dealing with a poster who doesn't deal with reality (see Cuse and Hopkins mlax)?
Huh?
UMD is the odds on favorites to win men’s AND women’s lax THIS year. It’s you guys that don’t deal with reality. Unc and BC will be passed by other teams 50 years before they even have a chance in the UMD dominated natty race.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I don’t mind ol’ Fenny. I enjoy his passion and hyperbole in regards to Maryland. Naturally I don’t agree with him but I like the way he expresses himself on the D1 Women’s Lacrosse board. He’s an individual—with flaws and foibles like the rest of us who congregate here.

Rumors of his incarceration are misinformed. At the time of this posting, he is still at large, as it were.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”