Maryland in a squeaker
23%
Cornell in a squeaker
35%

Total votes: 75

DocBarrister

Congratulations to Cornell on a Fantastic Season

Post by DocBarrister »

Great job by the youngest coaching staff in the country.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Brooklyn

Re: Cornell versus Maryland

Post by Brooklyn »

I'm gonna go out on a limb (I think) and say that the 1990 Cuse Orangemen remain # 1 of all time. This because they won the finale by a staggering margin while the Terps won by a slim total. Recall from that '90 team that the starters were benched late in the game or they could have widened that winning margin by a couple more goals.

Terps tired late in the game but you know how today's players are so much bigger than they were in past when they were trimmer and their training featured more conditioning rather than power training as they do today.

Despite not scoring in the last 20 minutes (or so), kudos to the Terps for having a truly great team.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
another fan

Post by another fan »

Congratulations Maryland. Thank you Big Red. Could not be more proud. Good luck to those moving on— cannot wait till next year.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Great effort by Cornell at the end. Goaltending was the difference. Terps were sloppy in both games. Goaltending and face-offs. Kind of important. Congrats to Tillman and Terps. Great year.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Undefeated heck yeah terps nation
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Great win for Terps. Wonderful season. Cornell would've won a 70 minute game ... they laid it all out. McNaney was great from start to finish. Fun game to watch. Turnovers kept it lively.
ObxTerpFan

Post by ObxTerpFan »

Why is it more relief than joy?
What a game!!
Cornell hung tough.
Maryland needs a statue of Tillman
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Lager wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:21 pm Beat team of all time? Cornell wins this game if Mcananey isn't standing on his head, Cornell was getting decent looks all day and I felt as if they physically/athletically were able to hang with Maryland
Not sure about the best of all time but their B/C game today was still good enough to win so I think that shows how dominant they were this season.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Congrats Maryland, a truly great team.

Thank you Big Red players and coachers for an amazing season, all the way to Memorial Day, more than any of us fans could have hoped for.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

molo wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:22 pm Goalie and Fairman were Maryland’s best players. Valiant effort by Cornell.
Fairman over Wierman….no way.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Pensky Material wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:25 pm
Lager wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:21 pm Beat team of all time? Cornell wins this game if Mcananey isn't standing on his head, Cornell was getting decent looks all day and I felt as if they physically/athletically were able to hang with Maryland
Not sure about the best of all time but their B/C game today was still good enough to win so I think that shows how dominant they were this season.
Interesting how both Rutgers and Maryland brought their C game vs Cornell, almost makes you wonder if your opponent can have some impact on how you look🤷🏻‍♂️
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Congrats to Maryland on a great victory, and to Cornell for a great season.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

pcowlax wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:29 pm
Interesting how both Rutgers and Maryland brought their C game vs Cornell, almost makes you wonder if your opponent can have some impact on how you look🤷🏻‍♂️

C game and still got the W
ObxTerpFan

Post by ObxTerpFan »

Cornell is damn good
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

CU77 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:26 pm Congrats Maryland, a truly great team.

Thank you Big Red players and coachers for an amazing season, all the way to Memorial Day, more than any of us fans could have hoped for.
Yes,
Truly Great Team,

Cornell, Buczek is the right leader.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Congrats, Terps. Been a pleasure to watch you all year.

Congrats to Cornell for really playing a tough, physical game and never giving up. You guys have a bright future!

And watching Maryland be gassed? And have a ton of uncharacteristic turnovers? Cornell played great defense, for sure. But this is one of the deepest teams in college. The late semifinal clearly had an effect. Cornell could relax and watch Maryland play - the late game is clearly at disadvantage.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The 2005 Blue Jays would have kept it close, scored a goal to tie with a few seconds left in regulation, won the faceoff in OT, taken a timeout, and Harrison would have blown by his defender to score the championship-winning goal.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Congratulations to the Terp. That game on Saturday wasn’t easy and this was a gut performance. Excellent team.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Definitely in the convo for best of all time.
I’m a firm believer that the truly great teams, like this Terp team, are the ones that can have a bad/off day, be tired, be outworked, etc. and still come out victorious. It’s a sign of a special team.
Great season for UMD. Congrats to them.
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

Great game by both teams. Fun to watch. I would have to think Cornell is the presumptive favorite for next year as they aren't losing much with such a young team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”