Coaching Carousel 2022-2023

D1 Womens Lacrosse
PhanLax99

Re: Coaching Carousel 2022-2023

Post by PhanLax99 »

The biggest punching bags on this forum are Stanford, Duke, and Georgetown. Teams that probably should be better but haven’t been. Both Duke and Stanford made the NCAA tournament last year though so not clear if this is warranted.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

PhanLax99 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:38 am The biggest punching bags on this forum are Stanford, Duke, and Georgetown. Teams that probably should be better but haven’t been. Both Duke and Stanford made the NCAA tournament last year though so not clear if this is warranted.
All three will miss the tournament this year.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

https://www.ncaa.com/game/5996759

(is this considered piling on?) :lol:
sanelaxparent

Post by sanelaxparent »

Shootinducks wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:35 am
Can Opener wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:23 pm
sanelaxparent wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:33 am It's such a turnoff to read the same posters taking shots at their "targets" over and over. We get it, you don't like Stanford or Duke or insert least favorite coach. It says more about you and your negativity (ego?) than it does sometimes about the lacrosse program in question. I love NCAA lacrosse and I come to this forum occasionally seeking insight, especially from people who are the games live......but tough to "listen" to adults hiding behind anonymity tearing down certain programs or coaches over and over.
Fair point and thanks for your perspective. If someone has a specific critique of a coach's lacrosse strategy, I'd say that's fair game, but I agree that a few posters seem to grind the same axe over and over.
Agree with this. Feel free to critique strategy, recruiting, game decisions and track record. Comes with the job to have a bunch of arm chair coaches second guessing every move. It does turn me off when the poster obviously has an axe to grind with their target. They can’t hide their glee at any perceived missteps, traffic in innuendo and rumor while attacking at every possible opportunity. Makes me wonder where and when said coach peed in the posters cheerios. Way too personal of a vendetta to derive any value or credence out of the commentary.
+1
Boring & transparent when posters harp on the same programs/coaches who didnt recruit their daughter/offer them a 5th year/see the obvious genius in their split dodge. Reminds me of the parents who send anonymous emails to athletic directors at high schools after the season is over.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well now.

This is a forum on which lacrosse issues are discussed, including players and coaches. Compliments and criticisms are fair game. You may not like them. You may disagree with them. You have every right to not like them, to disagree with them, and to criticize them. Just as others have every right to criticize you for being critical of the posts of others.

If you find posts to be "boring," why do you read them? Better yet, why do you take the time to respond to them? If you disagree with, say, a post about a particular coach, why not respond with some factual substance backing up your reasons for disagreeing, rather than just registering complaints that really add nothing to the discussion?

I know for a fact that some posters here know a great deal about the coaches they criticize, and their reasons are spot on and have nothing to do with the pejorative reasons you suggest.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

washedup

Post by washedup »

EasyRider wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:10 pm https://detroittitans.com/news/2023/5/5 ... ogram.aspx

Detroit Mercy seeking a new coach
Would like to see a coach (whether it’s the new HC or an assistant) who has ties to Canada. That pipeline had so much success in the past, would be nice to keep it alive/expand it further.
washedup

Post by washedup »

Now that Drexel has made the tournament, will O’Donnell get the interim tag lifted over the summer?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

njbill wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:23 pm Well now.

This is a forum on which lacrosse issues are discussed, including players and coaches. Compliments and criticisms are fair game. You may not like them. You may disagree with them. You have every right to not like them, to disagree with them, and to criticize them. Just as others have every right to criticize you for being critical of the posts of others.

If you find posts to be "boring," why do you read them? Better yet, why do you take the time to respond to them? If you disagree with, say, a post about a particular coach, why not respond with some factual substance backing up your reasons for disagreeing, rather than just registering complaints that really add nothing to the discussion?

I know for a fact that some posters here know a great deal about the coaches they criticize, and their reasons are spot on and have nothing to do with the pejorative reasons you suggest.
I agree with bill. The point of this forum is to discuss items related to women’s lacrosse. If you don’t like the content, feel free to tune out. If you have an opinion you’d like to share on the substance of any particular post….feel free.

I disagree with many of the posts on this site …but I also learn stuff as well. This is my first season on laxforum and I’ve enjoyed it. I’ll definitely be back to debate women’s lax next year!!
washedup

Post by washedup »

washedup

Post by washedup »

Apparently Youngstown State is hiring— I thought it was the current head coach’s first year? Was she an interim?

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/184972 ... s-lacrosse
washedup

Post by washedup »

washedup wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:08 pm Apparently Youngstown State is hiring— I thought it was the current head coach’s first year? Was she an interim?

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/184972 ... s-lacrosse
Forgot that Clarkson was removed in March. Wow, power to Halle Kotulock who was the interim HC the past couple months. Asking a 2022 grad to step in as HC is a big task, and looks like they pulled off a couple wins during her tenure. Hope Youngstown treats her well regardless of who the new HC is next year.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Oregon made an announcement that the HC has resigned

https://goducks.com/news/2023/5/11/wome ... ogram.aspx
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Sorry to see Chelsea leave Oregon. Great person. Any insight on the challenges/issues there? Obviously they have not performed well. Assumption was Katrina left a mess and Chelsea couldn’t clean it up. Any truth to that? Or did Chelsea simply underperform and Oregon made a change?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Laxpundit07 said the following..." Assumption was Katrina left a mess and Chelsea couldn’t clean it up."

Really?? I would LOVE to know where THAT came from? Is your source of THAT a player, coach or administration? No names, but pick one and tell us what YOUR relation to that person is.

I don't appreciate the accusation of what Katrina Dowd did or didn't do. Katrina has a really good reputation in College Coaching circles. If you know different, then bring it forward. This is supposed to be a Forum where we can discuss Lacrosse matters. This is a qualified Lacrosse matter.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Larry, why must you always yell?

The source is me. I knew her professionally when we were both in coaching.

Is that good enough for you, King Larry of the Lax Forums?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:23 pm Larry, why must you always yell?

All kidding aside. You are of course allowed to have your own opinions on Katrina and anyone in the sport. But just because my personal experience led me to a different conclusion, doesn’t mean you need to attack me. It sounds like you have a high opinion of her; which is great for you! Perhaps you had different experiences with her than me. Doesn’t make either of us right or wrong brother!
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:23 pm Larry, why must you always yell?

You can take your "King Larry" comment and deposit it! I never remember calling myself that or anyone else saying that. I'm just Larry and I'll stick to that. Thanks.
BTW...I wasn't yelling. I used capital letters more as a point of emphasis than as a way of trying to imply that I am in a emotional lather.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Love you, Lar!
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Love the little dust up! I think something should be said about Katrina going there, recruiting kids based on her reputation as an excellent coaching mind and an all time player to only leave for the same job that she had left. If I’m a potential coach looking at a Oregon that would be give me pause. Katrina has nothing more to prove as a coach with a national title at UNC and the job she has done at Army.

With that being said, who are the candidates for these positions? Who is the big name assistants or mid major head coaches that will be in the mix to fill these.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”