Virginia Lacrosse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
molo

Re: Virginia Lacrosse 2022

Post by molo »

And depth is more crucial than ever in the Covid era.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Definitely
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

molo wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:38 pm And depth is more crucial than ever in the Covid era.
Jack Peele and Evan Zinn were added to the roster at midfield. That really adds some needed depth on the face off wing and for short stick middies. Good news.
molo

Post by molo »

Should be able to run at least four at ssdm now.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Student newspaper article on Hoos' roster: https://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2 ... sse-roster
molo

Post by molo »

Typically well written CD article. Call me old school, but you have to like a college paper from a U with no J school. I’m sure things have changed, but in my day the editors and writers for the CD majored in things like English and history. I believe there is a communications major—or at least courses—now. Closest to that in the old days was speech and drama, similar to English with a lighter reading load.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

molo wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:21 am Typically well written CD article. Call me old school, but you have to like a college paper from a U with no J school. I’m sure things have changed, but in my day the editors and writers for the CD majored in things like English and history. I believe there is a communications major—or at least courses—now. Closest to that in the old days was speech and drama, similar to English with a lighter reading load.
Lars was quoted how noticeable Jarrett Conners absence has been. In one of their scrimmages, there were periods where they were getting beaten to ground balls which has always been a staple of the team. He likes Wayer and Bower at LSM a lot but both have to combine to do what Conners did by himself. We may look back at Conners as the best LSM ever at Virginia one day.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Forget the who is the best player ever on UVA question. LaSalla is the player they can least afford to lose.

And checking Nolte’s stick was bush league.
Relaxin70

Post by Relaxin70 »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:04 pm Forget the who is the best player ever on UVA question. LaSalla is the player they can least afford to lose.

And checking Nolte’s stick was bush league.
I agree with both comments. Wonder if teams will start calling for stick checks on Virginia. Petey would be a good one to target.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

I thought you lost a time out if you called for a check and got it wrong? Is that no longer the rule? You can just call for a check with no penalty if you are wrong?
molo

Post by molo »

I think you get one freebie, then lose a TO
if your second call for a check is bad. Someone more up on the rules told me that. That’s part of the reason it’s considered a cheap shot. You basically have one no fault challenge.
I think the last time I saw it done was by Starsia at Homewood. Unless I missed it, the announcers didn’t address it.
After today’s tour de force, maybe will get a definitive ruling on how to pronounce Nunes. The play by play guy pronounced it as if the n had a tilde, but Doug Tarring pronounced it “Noons,” which is correct according to thesabre.He was the mvp for a team that was not shooting well against his counterpart, who also played well. UVA d kept the score relatively low while the o was not converting.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Maybe it was cheap but for a second I thought that the ball could be seen through the head.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
molo

Post by molo »

Towson gets a midweek test against the Mount tomorrow before UVA comes to town this weekend. High Point didn't do the Tigers any favors.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Looking really good so far. Nunez
Is on point, Schutz is an animal, the rest of the offense is so diverse. Maryland clearly showed they are #1 but a rematch will not be that game. Such talent on UVA.
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

Nunes and Kastner were to the story of the game for me. Especially Kastner - Nunes had the hype coming in and has lived up to it but man the skys the limit for Cole. In my eyes he's one shown to be one of the best along with Bowen but only a second year. Nothing but impressed
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

I hate to say it but, I have UVA on fraud alert! Team has potential but, I don't think 2022 is their year.
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

Seems fairly asinine but this board is for discussion!
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:03 pm I hate to say it but, I have UVA on fraud alert! Team has potential but, I don't think 2022 is their year.
Maybe not a 3rd title in a row, but they sure called off the dogs in the 4th against your HOPKINS in that beat down. You would think you would be more worried whether your Hop will ever be relevant again in the current college lacrosse landscape than whether Virginia 3 peats?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”