Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by GreyingHound »

Just saw that Joe Beninati and Mark Dixon are calling the MD game on the Big Ten Network. They are one of my favorite tandems. I can't wait to hear their analysis when I get home from the game and rewatch it. :D

And it's really cool that Mark gets to call the first game of his son's career as a middie for the Hounds!
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

GreyingHound wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:19 am Just saw that Joe Beninati and Mark Dixon are calling the MD game on the Big Ten Network. They are one of my favorite tandems. I can't wait to hear their analysis when I get home from the game and rewatch it. :D

And it's really cool that Mark gets to call the first game of his son's career as a middie for the Hounds!
They are the best in the business hands down. They call a very good game. They know the rosters and all the guys playing....not just the stars. Very well prepared. The BTN is lucky to have them

I’m flying in for the game.

My gut tells me the Hounds will have a rough day Saturday. But I’m also pretty confident this team will be very good in April and May...they will be a handful soon...just not sure it’s gonna be Saturday. Maryland is next level good

Enjoy!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:11 am
GreyingHound wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:19 am Just saw that Joe Beninati and Mark Dixon are calling the MD game on the Big Ten Network. They are one of my favorite tandems. I can't wait to hear their analysis when I get home from the game and rewatch it. :D

They are the best in the business hands down. They call a very good game. They know the rosters and all the guys playing....not just the stars. Very well prepared. The BTN is lucky to have them

I’m flying in for the game.

My gut tells me the Hounds will have a rough day Saturday. But I’m also pretty confident this team will be very good in April and May...they will be a handful soon...just not sure it’s gonna be Saturday. Maryland is next level good

Enjoy!
The real question in terms of game coverage is will there be more than 1 camera from an extreme high angle? Most of the B1G camera work has been terrible.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Wheels wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:34 am
laxbro11 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:07 am
Any word on fans or what Maryland will allow?
The stadium is totally open to fans. No masks required for outdoor events. You'll probably notice that more people will sit on the opposite side of the tower even if their tickets are on the tower side of the field. The reason is the opposite side gets sun! Concession stands were open on Saturday (think they did a hot coco giveaway). The new scoreboard makes for really good replays and really good in-game stat updates. Post-game yesterday, Tillman and all of the players were already talking about Loyola. They know it's going to be a full tilt game.

[...]

Gonna be a great game on Saturday. Hope Loyola fans come out for the game. Would be cool to have a big crowd for such an early season game.
Thanks for the info and tips, Wheels! I'm looking forward to the game. I haven't seen a game in College Park since some the Final Fours in the mid '90's.

One question regarding the stadium seating: the UMD website shows only the tower side of the stands is open for lax games. Does that mean they only sell reserved seats on that side? From what you said, it sounds like you can sit on the opposite side with a general admission ticket. Is that right?

https://umterps.com/sports/2019/8/19/se ... .aspx#mlax

I'm hoping to see a big crowd too!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

GreyingHound wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:37 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:34 am
laxbro11 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:07 am
Any word on fans or what Maryland will allow?
The stadium is totally open to fans. No masks required for outdoor events. You'll probably notice that more people will sit on the opposite side of the tower even if their tickets are on the tower side of the field. The reason is the opposite side gets sun! Concession stands were open on Saturday (think they did a hot coco giveaway). The new scoreboard makes for really good replays and really good in-game stat updates. Post-game yesterday, Tillman and all of the players were already talking about Loyola. They know it's going to be a full tilt game.

[...]

Gonna be a great game on Saturday. Hope Loyola fans come out for the game. Would be cool to have a big crowd for such an early season game.
Thanks for the info and tips, Wheels! I'm looking forward to the game. I haven't seen a game in College Park since some the Final Fours in the mid '90's.

One question regarding the stadium seating: the UMD website shows only the tower side of the stands is open for lax games. Does that mean they only sell reserved seats on that side? From what you said, it sounds like you can sit on the opposite side with a general admission ticket. Is that right?

https://umterps.com/sports/2019/8/19/se ... .aspx#mlax

I'm hoping to see a big crowd too!
I think most of the seats on the Tower side are assigned, but there's so much room that everyone ends up moving around. I don't think any seats are technically opposite side are even sold but everyone moves over there anyway when it's cold out.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Seats for the most part are General admissions. On the Tower side under the heat lamps are reserved. But you will not need them this weekend. They ask you to wear a mask while going through security and ticket area but once you are on the stadium you can take your mask off.

I would allow extra time to get through security.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

AreaLax wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:28 pm Seats for the most part are General admissions. On the Tower side under the heat lamps are reserved. But you will not need them this weekend. They ask you to wear a mask while going through security and ticket area but once you are on the stadium you can take your mask off.

I would allow extra time to get through security.
Thanks Wheels and AreaLax for the helpful tips. See ya Saturday!
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

My take for a Greyhound victory tomorrow

Defense:
1. Shafer needs to play well
2. Communication will be the key
3. 90% on clears
a. transition will lead to goals, create the unsettled offense
4. And as always win the GB battle

Offense:
1.It has to be more than Olmstead and Lindley. If i were Maryland, I would force the midfield to beat me. Midfield needs to score early, which will allow our attack to open up. I am looking forward to seeing Lindsey play, have heard a lot about him
a. James, Poitras, Wigley, Seay, Higgins, can make things happen.
b. I might run Omstead from the box and look at match ups
2. No turnovers, that was a problem early on last year.

FOGO
1. Savio needs to be upwards to 60-70%, we need to deny Maryland possessions

I am feeling good about tomorrow, Great day for opening day and a great day to be a Hound
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

I know we’ve seen a lot of pieces written speculating about the hounds offense and who’s who...here’s my take and I’m pretty confident about it...

I would be stunned if the starting attack is not Olmstead, James, and Lindley

And my money is on the first middie runs going to Poitras, Kamish, and Higgins

While I could be wrong, I’m felling pretty solid about what is above...we will see
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:44 am I know we’ve seen a lot of pieces written speculating about the hounds offense and who’s who...here’s my take and I’m pretty confident about it...

While I could be wrong, I’m felling pretty solid about what is above...we will see
Agreed. Could also see Olmstead come out of the box depending on how his matchup w Makar develops, and Binney/lindsey sliding into that 3rd spot at times. Regardless I am confident in saying those are our 6 best offensive players right now, so they'll likely see the field together as much as possible. Could see tons of depth at the midfield as well with veterans Wigley, Seay, and Bateman. Matt Hueston is also big and athletic and did some good things as a freshman before being injured most of last year. Also curious to see if McGorry/Dixon see any runs, have heard those 2 in particular have done some good things in practice. At the end of the day this one will come down to goalkeeping, face offs and limiting wasted possessions. Sam may have struggled in scrimmages but he has won some big games for this program, and Savio is as experienced as anyone. This group is made for these kinds of contests.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Laxfan01 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:48 am
Laxfan#1969 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:44 am I know we’ve seen a lot of pieces written speculating about the hounds offense and who’s who...here’s my take and I’m pretty confident about it...

Agreed. Could also see Olmstead come out of the box depending on how his matchup w Makar develops, and Binney/lindsey sliding into that 3rd spot at times. Regardless I am confident in saying those are our 6 best offensive players right now, so they'll likely see the field together as much as possible. Could see tons of depth at the midfield as well with veterans Wigley, Seay, and Bateman. Matt Hueston is also big and athletic and did some good things as a freshman before being injured most of last year. Also curious to see if McGorry/Dixon see any runs, have heard those 2 in particular have done some good things in practice. At the end of the day this one will come down to goalkeeping, face offs and limiting wasted possessions. Sam may have struggled in scrimmages but he has won some big games for this program, and Savio is as experienced as anyone. This group is made for these kinds of contests.
This might be a logical upset pick. Great early season contest by 2 outstanding teams.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Okay I’m very curious as to why you put Binney’s name with Lindsey. Have you heard anything about him in practices or scrimmages that could put him in this 3rd attack spot
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Shhh...

;)
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:26 pm

Okay I’m very curious as to why you put Binney’s name with Lindsey. Have you heard anything about him in practices or scrimmages that could put him in this 3rd attack spot
Only that they have been similar in terms of production. James Olmstead and lindley have apparently been the 3 best attackmen with a decent gap after them. May be surprising to some but it shouldn’t be-there’s been some intense expectations floating around for some, but we already have 3 very high level guys. Wish I could share more but that’s all I’ve got. Still some good depth to have
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Laxfan01 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:43 pm

Only that they have been similar in terms of production. James Olmstead and lindley have apparently been the 3 best attackmen with a decent gap after them. May be surprising to some but it shouldn’t be-there’s been some intense expectations floating around for some, but we already have 3 very high level guys. Wish I could share more but that’s all I’ve got. Still some good depth to have

I’d like to see Coach use Seth Higgins to initiate.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Oh and then you actually have the guy that earned the starting attack job as a freshman, was then again put in the starting job last year and he produced as good as any player we have based on actual production per game and then had a season ending injury - Kamish

Seems like people have written him off.

If Kamish finds pre injury form he’s right there with Olmstead and James...I view Lindley as a different type of player who has his own catagory

If Kamish gets healthy, he immediately becomes one of our top 3-4 offensive players. “IF” he is healthy

As the season progresses, I see James, Olmstead, Kamish, and even Poitras bumping around taking turns out of the box and playing attack.
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:51 pm

Oh and then you actually have the guy that earned the starting attack job as a freshman, was then again put in the starting job last year and he produced as good as any player we have based on actual production per game and then had a season ending injury - Kamish

Seems like people have written him off.

If Kamish finds pre injury form he’s right there with Olmstead and James...I view Lindley as a different type of player who has his own catagory

If Kamish gets healthy, he immediately becomes one of our top 3-4 offensive players. “IF” he is healthy

As the season progresses, I see James, Olmstead, Kamish, and even Poitras bumping around taking turns out of the box and playing attack.
If I were a betting man, I would put money on Kamish getting a pole whenever he is on the field. And the scary thing for a defense is that means you have to shorty Higgins or Poitras. Or you double pole the midfield and give James a shorty which is likely a bad idea. Not a problem that I’d like to solve
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Ssdm not playing well. We also need to finish our shots
molo

Post by molo »

14-5 at halftime. Terps are just at another level.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Couldn't watch the game. Did Davis Lindsey play?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”