Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

Rob Genco, Scanlan’s high school coach at Silver Creek, has spoken to Scanlan and said the player denies any wrongdoing.

“He says it’s nothing but it’s become something,” Genco said. “According to him, there’s literally zero chance that anything happened.”
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 pm Argh... keep movin on...

I agree with fans already posting on Cuse board that Seebold will move to attack and Buttermore runs with Quinn and Cook on 2nds.

We'll see
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cook and Seebold split that attack spot. Buttermore was already getting time with the 2's, so it's not much of a shift for anyone. Liam Ferris is mentioned on the syracusefan.com thread as a possibility, but he has much less experience than Cook or Seebold, and I think he's a natural lefty, even though he's plays with both hands.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

With so little information avaiable at this point I don't want to comment specifically about Scanlon, I'll just say that this simply adds to what has become a pretty disappointing season so far.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'd gamble on the inexperienced rather than going with the experienced.
That experience has garnered one goal this season, that aint cuttin' it.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:05 pm Scanlan out indefinitely for "an incident" after the ND game. The Cuse meltdown continues.
Don't see this as a big loss. "Star" my asz.
https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... ended.html

If anyone could copy and paste that article, that would be great. It’s behind a registration wall. Thanks.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Syracuse lacrosse attack Chase Scanlan has been suspended from the team indefinitely, according to a school spokesperson.
The school did not release any further details on the topic. Inside Lacrosse reported that it’s connected to an unspecified incident following Syracuse’s loss to North Carolina on Saturday.
Rob Genco, Scanlan’s high school coach at Silver Creek, has spoken to Scanlan and said the player denies any wrongdoing.
“He says it’s nothing but it’s become something,” Genco said. “According to him, there’s literally zero chance that anything happened.”
Scanlan’s mother, Heather Kettle, also said she knows nothing. She said she hasn’t spoken to her son since Saturday.
“I don’t know what to think. The school never notified me of anything,” she said. “I’m just waiting for him to get back to me and we’ll go from there.”
Scanlan, who leads Syracuse with 24 goals, wears the Orange’s fabled No. 22. Syracuse (5-4) is fighting for its postseason life with games at Virginia Saturday and at Notre Dame on May 1.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

May be the best thing that could've happened to this team...Cuse has been playing, essentially, with 2 crease attackmen(Scanlan & Hiltz) since game one...need another dodger/feeder back there.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:36 pm May be the best thing that could've happened to this team...Cuse has been playing, essentially, with 2 crease attackmen(Scanlan & Hiltz) since game one...need another dodger/feeder back there.
The cold truth?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:05 pm Scanlan out indefinitely for "an incident" after the ND game. The Cuse meltdown continues.
Don't see this as a big loss. "Star" my asz.
https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... ended.html

If anyone could copy and paste that article, that would be great. It’s behind a registration wall. Thanks.

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Syracuse lacrosse attack Chase Scanlan has been suspended from the team indefinitely, according to a school spokesperson.
The school did not release any further details on the topic. Inside Lacrosse reported that it’s connected to an unspecified incident following Syracuse’s loss to North Carolina on Saturday.
Scanlan’s mother, Heather Kettle, also said she knows nothing. She said she hasn’t spoken to her son since Saturday.
“I don’t know what to think. The school never notified me of anything,” she said. “I’m just waiting for him to get back to me and we’ll go from there.”
Scanlan, who leads Syracuse with 24 goals, wears the Orange’s fabled No. 22. Syracuse (5-4) is fighting for its postseason life with games at Virginia Saturday and at Notre Dame on May 1.

Thank you.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sure hope he is not "a fall guy".
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:36 pm May be the best thing that could've happened to this team...Cuse has been playing, essentially, with 2 crease attackmen(Scanlan & Hiltz) since game one...need another dodger/feeder back there.
I don't really agree with this assessment of Scanlan and Hiltz. As far as whether the offense will be better with Cook, Seebold or some other player filling in for Scanlan, I think there will be a lot of variables in play, so that would be interesting to see.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

LaxFactor mentioning that he heard there was a locker room disruption.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

+1
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DU-fan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:40 pm LaxFactor mentioning that he heard there was a locker room disruption.
A locker room disruption...with Scanlan?

REALLY?

:roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Toomey really wanted him and brought him in. What was he thinking?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Denver14

Post by Denver14 »

Kind of interesting piece on Scanlan
leaving Loyola... https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... t-syracuse
Pensky Material

Based on Desko's presser he said he didn't know what Scanlon's status would be this week (seems unlikely) or before the end of the season. Sounds like it is a school issue and not a specific lacrosse issue for whatever that's worth.
Laxwatch2007

Post by Laxwatch2007 »

Pensky Material wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:06 pm With so little information avaiable at this point I don't want to comment specifically about Scanlon, I'll just say that this simply adds to what has become a pretty disappointing season so far.
I would not be the least bit surprised if it turns out that the suspended player did absolutely nothing wrong as the administrators at SU have a well-documented history of imposing discipline first and investigating later. In some instances, even being completely innocent has not dissuaded the Administration from imposing penalties. See: https://www.thefire.org/alpha-chi-rho-v ... niversity/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gotta jam some student athletes up to cover up the behavior of Boeheim’s staff.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Great W Cuse!
Pensky Material

Not sure what it is against UVA/LaSalla but Phaup is simply a different guy in these match-ups.
Looks like DiPietro is out for the year and Aviles could be back next week. No Aviles/Dami today I think the SSDm's mostly held up.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”