Nassau Section VIII

HS Boys Lacrosse
kr522

Re: Nassau Section VIII

Post by kr522 »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:03 pm
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:12 pm Thanks for the matchup info….the regional rotation (LI vs Westchester+) is on a different schedule than the state finals rotation

Murf, never heard of that school, but at this stage you have to take everyone seriously. Everyone is that much closer to the ultimate goal, hopefully Long Island can make a statement. Not sure Manhasset and GC have won the state title in the same year. I might be at Hofstra if you’re going next weekend (if MHS makes it)
kr522: I didn't intend to imply that any team that gets that far will be a pushover. I just thought the name of the school was somewhat lyrical.

I will be at Hofstra. While I hope all 4 L.I. teams win upstate and "come home", I'll be eager to watch any team that beats the L.I. teams. I haven't seen Northport play this season, but a couple of folks told me that Northport controlled the faceoffs and dominated possession.

Hope to see you there.

I'M CONFIDENT BUT ON ANY GIVEN DAY...!
I know you weren’t the one implying it, it was more me by saying I never heard of them….but then my lacrosse knowledge isn’t the litmus test for which schools in Section 1 & 2 are good. I haven’t paid much attention to what’s happening outside LI this year….are there any upstate teams that look great (aside from Victor which won’t be around to torment anyone this year)
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Baldwinsville (Class A) is the top ranked upstate team other than Victor. My guess is downstate teams would be “favored” in all classifications other than A (even if Fairport defeats Baldwinsville). Fairport lost to Victor 10-9. Victor beat Baldwinsville (aka Baker) 9-6.
Last edited by fordmaddoxford on Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:53 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:03 pm
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:12 pm Thanks for the matchup info….the regional rotation (LI vs Westchester+) is on a different schedule than the state finals rotation

Murf, never heard of that school, but at this stage you have to take everyone seriously. Everyone is that much closer to the ultimate goal, hopefully Long Island can make a statement. Not sure Manhasset and GC have won the state title in the same year. I might be at Hofstra if you’re going next weekend (if MHS makes it)
kr522: I didn't intend to imply that any team that gets that far will be a pushover. I just thought the name of the school was somewhat lyrical.

I will be at Hofstra. While I hope all 4 L.I. teams win upstate and "come home", I'll be eager to watch any team that beats the L.I. teams. I haven't seen Northport play this season, but a couple of folks told me that Northport controlled the faceoffs and dominated possession.

Hope to see you there.

I'M CONFIDENT BUT ON ANY GIVEN DAY...!
I know you weren’t the one implying it, it was more me by saying I never heard of them….but then my lacrosse knowledge isn’t the litmus test for which schools in Section 1 & 2 are good. I haven’t paid much attention to what’s happening outside LI this year….are there any upstate teams that look great (aside from Victor which won’t be around to torment anyone this year)
No offense taken.I never heard of that school and I don't know much about the team.The town is located in Saratoga County.

Albany almost gives a home field advantage.

Are you heading upstate to watch the game? If Manhasset plays with the same intensity as they did against Mt. Sinai,I'm not sure any team can beat them.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:59 pm Baldwinsville (Class A) is the top ranked upstate team other than Victor. My guess is downstate teams would be “favored” in all classifications other than A (even if Fairport defeats Baldwinsville). Fairport lost to Victor 10-9. Victor beat Baldwinsville (aka Baker) 9-6.
Sounds like a chance for a real strong showing here by LI. Murf the furthest traveling is a few miles to Hofstra! :^)
Vermont25

Post by Vermont25 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:21 am
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:24 am CongratS to all the Nassau teams that won today…..who won the A division?

Impressive Manhasset win, I honestly thought they had no shot this year, and to win by 5….wow. Anyone see the game to say how they did it?
Northport defeated Port Washington for A. Just for reference Mt. Sinai defeated Northport 12-5 in the first game of the year.

3 (I believe) of Manhasset’s goals were empty netters late in the game when MS was desperate to get the ball and doubled with the goalie.

Manhasset played without their leading scorer Dawson Rielly.

*IMO it’s only a matter of time until NY adopts the shot clock. It works quite well in MD and PA.
I would not get hung up on the Npt/MT. Sinai game for a measuring stick. They have been coached up quite a bit, they had some early season ending injuries to key personal. So new faces just needed some playing time. Cerassi has won Long Island Championships in his first two years of coaching. ( Has that every been done?).
tech37

Post by tech37 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:59 pm Baldwinsville (Class A) is the top ranked upstate team other than Victor. My guess is downstate teams would be “favored” in all classifications other than A (even if Fairport defeats Baldwinsville). Fairport lost to Victor 10-9. Victor beat Baldwinsville (aka Baker) 9-6.
Canandaigua beat Victor in tourney. Despite close loss to Victor reg season (only loss), B'ville beat Canandaigua 6-0 reg season.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:13 am
Sounds like a chance for a real strong showing here by LI. Murf the furthest traveling is a few miles to Hofstra! :^)
:D Maybe the kids can go home at half time and eat lunch...if they make the final.

Best luck to all 4 LI. Champions.🥍🥍🥍🥍
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:15 am Thanks guys that’s pretty nuts, i guess Girardi must have had himself a game….that is Garden City-like possession domination (think vs Wogue last year), and they weren’t able to do last year vs MtS. Nice to see the team rise to that huge challenge. Replacing Reilly is impressive too, but imo they always had depth up front and Cromwell knows his offense, I’m downright impressed with the defensive effort

Looks like finals are back at Hofstra on Friday if all these teams can get that far. What are the matchups, looks like MHS has Rye which is another tough one

Murf and Chris, congrats on your teams repeating
Much appreciated. After all those years where we struggled to even make the Suffolk semis, the last two years have been incredible.

I do think we could give Mount Sinai a much better game this time around than we did on March 23. But that being said, I won't make any claim that we're better than the champs from ANY of the other classifications on Long Island this year.

B'ville should be a hell of a test if we get there!
kr522

Post by kr522 »

how does Scarsdale look for you guys?

wrt Manhasset....i got to watch the replay, i must say it was an impressive team defensive effort. big step up from last year and it looks like 2 of the kids are Sophs, as is the goalie and LSD. that's a great foundation with Cromwell's ability to get a lot out of the offense. And I know Terenzi gets a lot of accolades (rightfully) but i was really impressed with Petersen and Connor.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:55 am how does Scarsdale look for you guys?

wrt Manhasset....i got to watch the replay, i must say it was an impressive team defensive effort. big step up from last year and it looks like 2 of the kids are Sophs, as is the goalie and LSD. that's a great foundation with Cromwell's ability to get a lot out of the offense. And I know Terenzi gets a lot of accolades (rightfully) but i was really impressed with Petersen and Connor.
I would expect we're the favorites but at this stage you absolutely can't take anything for granted.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

agree.....I'll channel Stickhead (who used to make those chat boards so much fun) and say good luck to the farmers (Northport) and sweater wearers (MHS and GC), and I suppose CSH straddles that line so they must wear V-Necks on their tractors
kr522

Post by kr522 »

btw - i think i'm seeing it right. in the range of possibilities here for Class B is a GC - West Genessee matchup? both teams have tough matchups to get there, but that would be a blast from the past
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:59 am btw - i think i'm seeing it right. in the range of possibilities here for Class B is a GC - West Genessee matchup? both teams have tough matchups to get there, but that would be a blast from the past
That seems like the most likely final to me.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Don’t overlook Rye. Kind of a Jekyll and Hyde team. They handed CSH their only loss; beat them soundly. But, yes, smart money goes with the team with the pedigree here.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:43 am Don’t overlook Rye. Kind of a Jekyll and Hyde team. They handed CSH their only loss; beat them soundly. But, yes, smart money goes with the team with the pedigree here.
Definitely not overlooking them. B seems like the most balanced final four actually.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

If WG and GC do play each other the Trojans will have a chance to even the score.The only time these two storied programs have met was in the State Championship Game of 1985. West Genesee won 10-3. That Wildcat squad included the late John Zulberti and Phil Willard.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NY HS BOYS: These are Tomorrow’s (NY HS Boys State Semifinals) Best Games:

1 Cold Spring Harbor #4 vs #11 Briarcliff 06/08/2022
2 Garden City #8 vs #16 Rye HS 06/08/2022
3 Northport #6 vs #23 Scarsdale 06/08/2022
4 Baldwinsville #5 vs #24 Fairport 06/08/2022
5 Manhasset #7 vs #37 Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake 06/08/2022
6 Canandaigua #17 vs #40 West Genesee 06/08/2022
7 Westhill #46 vs #84 Lake Shore-Silver Creek 06/08/2022
8 Chenango Forks #87 vs #164 Akron 06/08/2022

https://fanlax.com/2022/06/07/ny-hs-boy ... est-games/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Agreed.Manhasset's young 'uns stepped.The fogo is a junior?? He's looks as if he's ready going to take over for Naso at Duke when Naso graduates.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

wrt Manhasset....
Scarsdale doesn't impress me. Briarcliff on the other hand. CSH should win but I wouldn't even flinch if Briarcliff wins.
Manhasset's W was a really good one. Beat a legitimately good team...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
random observer

Post by random observer »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:03 pm
wrt Manhasset....
Scarsdale doesn't impress me. Briarcliff on the other hand. CSH should win but I wouldn't even flinch if Briarcliff wins.
Manhasset's W was a really good one. Beat a legitimately good team...
I'd be shocked if Manhasset loses tomorrow night, but it's worth mentioning that Burnt-Hills Ballston Lake is probably the best Class C team out of Section II in a long, long time. They've got wins over Duxbury, Nisky, and West Genesee to their name. They're not the usual sacrificial lamb Section II offers up in the classifications that don't feature Nisky and Shenendehoa.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”