All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

DocBarrister

Re: How Badly Did Trump Screw Up the Pandemic Response?

Post by DocBarrister »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:04 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:56 pm Let’s just compare Trump and the U.S. to the Gold Standard for the COVID-19 pandemic response, South Korea.

South Korea: 52 million people and just 1,860 COVID-19 deaths to date (and their data are unquestionably more reliable than ours). https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... uth-korea/

Trump’s America: 330 million people, over 400,000 COVID-19 deaths by his last day in office. https://khn.org/news/nation-records-400 ... residency/

That’s basically hundreds of thousands of Americans who died unnecessarily ... blood on Trump’s hands, and that of his enablers.

DocBarrister :?
This fool is still talking about South Korea, this is a clear representation of someone who ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to let their political leanings be INDEPENDENT of their opinions of a virus that is extremely nuanced. Stick to JHU lacrosse :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
There is nothing “nuanced” about hundreds of thousands of dead Americans who didn’t need to die.

South Korea reacted quickly and decisively against the emerging pandemic ... Donald Trump decided to lie, delay, and lie some more. End of discussion.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:14 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:56 pm Let’s just compare Trump and the U.S. to the Gold Standard for the COVID-19 pandemic response, South Korea.

South Korea: 52 million people and just 1,860 COVID-19 deaths to date (and their data are unquestionably more reliable than ours). https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... uth-korea/

Trump’s America: 330 million people, over 400,000 COVID-19 deaths by his last day in office. https://khn.org/news/nation-records-400 ... residency/

That’s basically hundreds of thousands of Americans who died unnecessarily ... blood on Trump’s hands, and that of his enablers.

This fool is still talking about South Korea, this is a clear representation of someone who ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to let their political leanings be INDEPENDENT of their opinions of a virus that is extremely nuanced. Stick to JHU lacrosse :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
There is nothing “nuanced” about hundreds of thousands of dead Americans who didn’t need to die.

South Korea reacted quickly and decisively against the emerging pandemic ... Donald Trump decided to lie, delay, and lie some more. End of discussion.

DocBarrister
It’s only 590,000 dead people.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:20 pm

JoeMauer89!

DocBarrister
It’s only 590,000 dead people.
Man, you clearly have never seen a brick wall not to your liking. It's mind-numbing.. But then again, you must conform to this charade of online character you've created and think is accomplishing something with your dry deflections. Keep at it, if that's what keeps you sane :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
ggait

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ggait »

https://m.facebook.com/JimmyKimmelLive/ ... 541470927/

This Week in Covid History. Remember -- it was time to re-open a year ago!!

Fox News-ers in May 2020 roasting the so-called "experts" for telling us that hundreds of thousands of people might die from Covid. Nutso!!

Laura Ingraham scoffing that 120k could die from Covid by August. What -- crazy talk!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm https://m.facebook.com/JimmyKimmelLive/ ... 541470927/

Fox News-ers in May 2020 roasting the so-called "experts" for telling us that hundreds of thousands of people might die from Covid. Nutso!!

Laura Ingraham scoffing that 120k could die from Covid by August. What -- crazy talk!!
Naahhh better to ignore COVID-19.... I heard from a friend that a player that finally made an appearance late this season was sidelined with lung damage from Covid-19. His son is a former college teammate. Big time talent that I am certain will hit the portal and be in high demand in another year. Might be #1 or #2 player in demand.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:36 pm
ggait wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm https://m.facebook.com/JimmyKimmelLive/ ... 541470927/

Naahhh better to ignore COVID-19.... I heard from a friend that a player that finally made an appearance late this season was sidelined with lung damage from Covid-19. His son is a former college teammate. Big time talent that I am certain will hit the portal and be in high demand in another year. Might be #1 or #2 player in demand.
Boy, it seems that you know INFINITELY more people than anyone in this forum that have had to deal with lasting effects of Covid-19. I could say also that a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend was affected by CV-19 harshly and took them 3 months to recover. The difference is I, unlike you, don't use that as some sick tool in my toolbelt to prove to god knows who that this virus CAN be severe for some. You don't have to keep coming with the anecdotal bullcrap your not swaying anyone's opinion, especially on this site. For every person you know that happened to, I and my social circle know a 100 others that had dealt with it with minimal issue, did their part by quarantining and are moving forward with their lives. So there you go. If this is also a backhanded attempt to stick it to Peter Brown, then you guys are a sad bunch, find other things to do with your time. Especially now that we are not locked up and getting on each others nerves anymore. Get some fresh air and maybe take a break from posting. Whether or not it was my decision, my earned hiatus did me well. Your act is so tired, find a new schtick. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Boy, it seems that you know INFINITELY more people than anyone in this forum that have had to deal with lasting effects of Covid-19. I could say also that a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend was affected by CV-19 harshly and took them 3 months to recover. The difference is I, unlike you, don't use that as some sick tool in my toolbelt to prove to god knows who that this virus CAN be severe for some. You don't have to keep coming with the anecdotal bullcrap your not swaying anyone's opinion, especially on this site. For every person you know that happened to, I and my social circle know a 100 others that had dealt with it with minimal issue, did their part by quarantining and are moving forward with their lives. So there you go. If this is also a backhanded attempt to stick it to Peter Brown, then you guys are a sad bunch, find other things to do with your time. Especially now that we are not locked up and getting on each others nerves anymore. Get some fresh air and maybe take a break from posting. Whether or not it was my decision, my earned hiatus did me well. Your act is so tired, find a new schtick. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JoeMauer89!
Dude....not trying to sway an opinion. Just pointing out some facts...mentioned that lax player because he made a big return that I noticed and my friend happened to call me today and mention it. It happened to be on my mind....Covid is pretty random in how it affects people. No news there. Anyway....enjoy the lax this weekend. Games have been good. Hope to attend the final four...will go for sure if kids I know make it.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:24 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:55 pm

JoeMauer89!
Dude....not trying to sway an opinion. Just pointing out some facts...mentioned that lax player because he made a big return that I noticed and my friend happened to call me today and mention it. It happened to be on my mind....Covid is pretty random in how it affects people. No news there. Anyway....enjoy the lax this weekend. Games have been good. Hope to attend the final four...will go for sure if kids I know make it.
Looking forward to it, first a nice slate of games tomorrow especially Hoyas-Pioneers at 3PM. Enjoy!

JoeMauer89!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ingrahm and Stacey Dash...What a waste. Guess the old far side clip is correct.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/242138917435595478/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

JoeMauer89!

DocBarrister
south korea comparisons continue to be the most absurd things that have come out of this pandemic. congrats. it's a high bar.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait, what happened to the europe dailies? i miss those!!! what inning are we in?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:54 pm
we are the dumbest pandemic country in the world. it's may of 2021. but "masks".
Open up. Nothing wrong with standing around a bar laughing and drinking.
aerosol transmission is this new thing. any old mask will work. just stay 6 feet. don't emphasize outdoors is actually fine or opening windows and doors.

weird... all the science i read and acted on turned out to be accurate. our guidance.... not so much.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:05 am
we are the dumbest pandemic country in the world. it's may of 2021. but "masks".
aerosol transmission is this new thing. any old mask will work. just stay 6 feet. don't emphasize outdoors is actually fine or opening windows and doors.

weird... all the science i read and acted on turned out to be accurate. our guidance.... not so much.
Yep. Standing or sitting around laughing, drinking and singing posed no risk. Your immune system could do its job! We should have treated this like chicken pox! Expose as many people to it as possible when you have a known case. It worked for our parents!
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 am

Yep. Standing or sitting around laughing, drinking and singing posed no risk. Your immune system could do its job! We should have treated this like chicken pox! Expose as many people to it as possible when you have a known case. It worked for our parents!
i don't think you are anywhere near my point.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 am

That was my point.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 am

That was my point.
Ahhh...so the protests were super spreaders, so says the new science, but not some round' deez parts.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 am

That was my point.

Could you post some relevant rap videos? That’s always so fascinating! On the edge of my seat awaiting the blinding brilliance of our amazing poets who autotune “She got a big booty, so I call her Big Booty."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The aerosol vector is just another vector which has been proven. It does not replace all other vectors! If anything this makes the transmission of the disease more worrisome, not less. There are now at least three known vectors. It remains true you are more likely to catch it the closer you are to an infected person. In order to catch it at a great distance, a bunch of random variables have to line up in time.

In a time when no vaccine exists, in a room I would rather be standing 50' from someone infected, than 2' or 6' from someone in infected. If I am the infected person, those standing 2' or 6' from me will be safer if I am wearing a mask, fitted properly. Standing 50' away, I do not care about masks and never did. For those who think this is some see I told you the scientists were wrong, sorry, this ain't it. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm
The aerosol vector is just another vector which has been proven. It does not replace all other vectors! If anything this makes the transmission of the disease more worrisome, not less. There are now at least three known vectors. It remains true you are more likely to catch it the closer you are to an infected person. In order to catch it at a great distance, a bunch of random variables have to line up in time.

In a time when no vaccine exists, in a room I would rather be standing 50' from someone infected, than 2' or 6' from someone in infected. If I am the infected person, those standing 2' or 6' from me will be safer if I am wearing a mask, fitted properly. Standing 50' away, I do not care about masks and never did. For those who think this is some see I told you the scientists were wrong, sorry, this ain't it. :roll:
That’s all nonsense. It was smart to drink up unvaccinated with the rate of transmission increasing.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm

That’s all nonsense. It was smart to drink up unvaccinated with the rate of transmission increasing.
Ahhh...so the protests were super spreaders, so says the new science, but not some round' deez parts.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”