The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:32 pm https://carnegieendowment.org/2019/02/1 ... -pub-78408

When do we start cutting checks?
All those left in Afghanistan will also help
We had what..... 2,500 guys left under Trump? And we left weapons behind that weren't destroyed?

Gee, i wonder why they can't pass audits. :roll:

That's ok, we'll give 'em more money next year, right?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:28 pm ... dumbass??...
No personal attacks.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This is the issue about which protesters staged a sit-in in the Speaker's office the other day:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... son-words/

The writer was the 43rd president of the United States.

"When I took office in 2001, the situation with HIV/AIDS on the African continent and elsewhere was dire. A group of advisers including Condi Rice, Josh Bolten and Mike Gerson encouraged me to act before an entire generation was lost.

I believe that every life has dignity and value. I also believe that of those to whom much is given, much is required. So we developed a plan with clear objectives and accountability, and we got to work.

In 2003, Congress authorized the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPFAR, with huge bipartisan support. Twenty years later, the results are clear: PEPFAR has saved more than 25 million lives and prevented millions of HIV infections. Members of Congress and American citizens from both parties should be proud.

Instead of celebrating this success and extending these gains, some in Washington have called the future of this program — which accounts for less than one-tenth of 1 percent of our federal budget — into question.

We are on the verge of ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic. To abandon our commitment now would forfeit two decades of unimaginable progress and raise further questions about the worth of America’s word.

The reauthorization is stalled because of questions about whether PEPFAR’s implementation under the current administration is sufficiently pro-life. But there is no program more pro-life than one which has saved more than 25 million lives. I urge Congress to reauthorize PEPFAR for another five years without delay.

In advocating for PEPFAR’s creation in 2002, Gerson told me, “If we can do this and we don’t, it will be a source of national shame.” That is now true of PEPFAR’s reauthorization. Sadly, my friend — who was a regular contributor to these pages — passed away last year. We are fortunate that he left behind great wisdom in his writing. I’ll let Mike’s words make the case why PEPFAR is worthy of our nation’s continued support.

“I remember my first visits to sub-Saharan Africa as a policy adviser to President Bush soon after the announcement. Of about 30 million people with HIV, perhaps 50,000 were receiving treatment. The pandemic had already produced 14 million orphans. Child-headed households were common; child-headed villages were not unknown. Walking through South African shantytowns, you mainly met grandparents and their grandchildren. The intervening generation had been nearly erased. Millions were dying at the same time and yet in total isolation, surrounded by the barbed wire of stigma. In the worst affected countries, life expectancy had fallen by 20 years.” — Feb. 11, 2013.

So, not an "insurrection." A plea to use the legislative process to continue to save thousands of lives. Get your news from somewhere other than the algorithm that fires you up.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

admin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:05 am
No personal attacks.
hillaryous.....TLD reported this "personal" attack

Unless the "community" IS not being forthright in the application of the rules :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:53 pm
No personal attacks.

Unless the "community" IS not being forthright in the application of the rules :lol:
My new " code word" for DA will now be Tweety bird. That should not offend the sensitivities of folks on this forum. BTW is a forum member insulting Old Salt by calling him Old Slimy a personal attack? MD lax fan needs to weigh in on this one. He is the self appointed expert on everything said on this forum. If you don't believe me... just ask him. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:00 am This is the issue about which protesters staged a sit-in in the Speaker's office the other day:

"When I took office in 2001, the situation with HIV/AIDS on the African continent and elsewhere was dire. A group of advisers including Condi Rice, Josh Bolten and Mike Gerson encouraged me to act before an entire generation was lost.

I believe that every life has dignity and value. I also believe that of those to whom much is given, much is required. So we developed a plan with clear objectives and accountability, and we got to work.

In 2003, Congress authorized the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, or PEPFAR, with huge bipartisan support. Twenty years later, the results are clear: PEPFAR has saved more than 25 million lives and prevented millions of HIV infections. Members of Congress and American citizens from both parties should be proud.

Instead of celebrating this success and extending these gains, some in Washington have called the future of this program — which accounts for less than one-tenth of 1 percent of our federal budget — into question.

We are on the verge of ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic. To abandon our commitment now would forfeit two decades of unimaginable progress and raise further questions about the worth of America’s word.

The reauthorization is stalled because of questions about whether PEPFAR’s implementation under the current administration is sufficiently pro-life. But there is no program more pro-life than one which has saved more than 25 million lives. I urge Congress to reauthorize PEPFAR for another five years without delay.

In advocating for PEPFAR’s creation in 2002, Gerson told me, “If we can do this and we don’t, it will be a source of national shame.” That is now true of PEPFAR’s reauthorization. Sadly, my friend — who was a regular contributor to these pages — passed away last year. We are fortunate that he left behind great wisdom in his writing. I’ll let Mike’s words make the case why PEPFAR is worthy of our nation’s continued support.

“I remember my first visits to sub-Saharan Africa as a policy adviser to President Bush soon after the announcement. Of about 30 million people with HIV, perhaps 50,000 were receiving treatment. The pandemic had already produced 14 million orphans. Child-headed households were common; child-headed villages were not unknown. Walking through South African shantytowns, you mainly met grandparents and their grandchildren. The intervening generation had been nearly erased. Millions were dying at the same time and yet in total isolation, surrounded by the barbed wire of stigma. In the worst affected countries, life expectancy had fallen by 20 years.” — Feb. 11, 2013.

So, not an "insurrection." A plea to use the legislative process to continue to save thousands of lives. Get your news from somewhere other than the algorithm that fires you up.
Who cares what George says. Everyone knows he's a RINO.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:01 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:00 am This is the issue about which protesters staged a sit-in in the Speaker's office the other day:

Romney, another RINO, bails out. Won’t run next year. Surrendered. Not that I blame him. Last R president candidate I voted for. Last I probably ever will. Buhbye negotiation, compromise, and consensus.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:51 pm
No personal attacks.

My new " code word" for DA will now be Tweety bird. That should not offend the sensitivities of folks on this forum. BTW is a forum member insulting Old Salt by calling him Old Slimy a personal attack? MD lax fan needs to weigh in on this one. He is the self appointed expert on everything said on this forum. If you don't believe me... just ask him. :D
Did you mean Old Semen?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:37 pm
No personal attacks.

Did you mean Old Semen?
I'm willing to roll with my new moniker for you... Total Limp Dick.... TLD... works for me... :D
Be a tweety bird if you must...... I taught I taw a puddy tat....I did....I did... I did taw a puddy tat. :lol:
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:01 am
No personal attacks.

Did you mean Old Semen?
I'm willing to roll with my new moniker for you... Total Limp Dick.... TLD... works for me... :D
Be a tweety bird if you must...... I taught I taw a puddy tat....I did....I did... I did taw a puddy tat. :lol:
;)
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

you support this clown

Post by runrussellrun »

Pull my finger Joe.........why in the world does anyone support this clown ? Oh, right.....the D.

Meanwhile......good ole Joe was at ground zero on September 12th.

Of course he was. (Biden was in Vietnam....securing more and more for the John Kerry family...or rather....that company based in Manchester, NH. Think Romney's kids work there too........the company that exclusive Vietnam development rights.

So glad "they" remembered 9/11.......with that hasty stopover in Alaska :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: fuffg

Apparently......Joe Biden walked on water after the jesus guy did it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No personal attacks.

Did you mean Old Semen?
People, no personal attacks. Discuss issues, posts, not posters.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

admin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:00 am
No personal attacks.

Did you mean Old Semen?
People, no personal attacks. Discuss issues, posts, not posters.
Sir, official, sir.........why not your post after the one in blue?

you seem to respond quickly, in certain instances.

you're like one of those NBA refs...aren't ya........fixing things.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And you’re like…

Will leave the rest to be filled in within the heads of everyone else.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:35 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:01 pm

Romney, another RINO, bails out. Won’t run next year. Surrendered. Not that I blame him. Last R president candidate I voted for. Last I probably ever will. Buhbye negotiation, compromise, and consensus.
It's indeed going to require an implosion and total reincarnation to attract quite a few of us to come back.

Saw an interesting bit this AM on a young Republican movement concerned with climate change, frustrated that leadership of the GOP remains in climate denial...they don't want the only ones proposing solutions to be "big government" lefties...they want more market based solutions to be the focus...but the party leaders are at best giving lip service and many in full throated denial. They think the reason why the 'red wave' didn't happen in 2022 is because young voters came out at high rates and voted overwhelmingly D...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

More proof that most politicians are beta males, afraid of a alpha in Trump. Romney is no exception.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So the constant never ending disgusting snide comments directed at Old Salt are not a personal attack? You folks are all a bunch of tweety birds. You can insult and denigrate an American hero but y'all get bent out of shape contemplating a limp dick. What a sorry ass pathetic group of people you all are. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I know that Old Salt does not feel the need to defend himself, nor does he have to. The next reference to him as " Old Slime" and I will have NO PROBLEM getting in your grill and reporting your post. :D
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Of course you would. And then turn around breathlessly and criticize someone else for reporting a post(er) most definitely.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

A reminder for cradle on his latest diatribes applicable here :lol: ;)

Return to “POLITICS”