All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

njbill

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by njbill »

Pence and wife test negative for COVID-19.
jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:03 pm Biggest news of the day. Could be a game changer. FDA approves a new 45-minute coronavirus test.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/politics ... index.html

DocBarrister :)
This will help in treatment facilities.

CDC decided to stop widespread testing to conserve PPE for health care providers. They admit defeat in the testing arena. Likely a good decision at this point. If you present with a cough, fever and worsening respiratory issues, you are now assumed to have the disease. Otherwise, you don't. Giving up on trying to figure out how many have the disease without symptoms. This could prove to be a mistake later, but they have no real choice given the PPE situation.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:22 pm [stuff omitted]

Wake up. I was not comparing the virus to the flu, I was comparing the outcome to the death rate of the flu, when the dust finally settles.

As Fauci said earlier....Italy kept travel open too long, and they are paying the price...hence that may very well be why our numbers via death are still quite low. We simply do not know yet....although I’m sure you know. :roll:
The dust is far from settled so your comparisons have no useful meaning.

As far as Italy - mixed messages from politicians made a lot of people think it was OK to ignore the restrictions that at least some leaders tried to impose. Messed things up royally.

Gee - I wonder what other countries have leaders putting out mixed messages right now? UK, US?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm Moron Trump lover Ron DeSantis has finally closed Florida but Republicans should know he’s sending those hungover Spring Break kids back to every state in the US. My country is so broken.
Don't worry, those spring breakers have left lots of "presents" to be opened later, in Florida.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 pm Pence and wife test negative for COVID-19.
Good news.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:44 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 pm
JHU72:
I would take a governor that I have basic philosophical differences with (Hogan) and have not voted for in a second over either one of them.
So based on your voting record, you'd rather have 1st term, inexperienced Governor Ben Jealous leading us through this crisis, than 2nd term experienced Governor Larry Hogan (who was elected President of the National Governors Assn by his fellow Governors).
Solid, nonpartisan choice.
He said he'd prefer Hogan over Trump.
He said he has not voted for Hogan.
Did he vote for Ben Jealous instead ?
Who would he prefer to have as Governor now ?
dunno (I wouldn't), but not the point of his comment.
.:lol:. ...you're dodging on his behalf. A dodgeball team.
I'm sure Gov Jealous would be serving us just as well as Gov Hogan is in this crisis.
Why not admit having voted for Jealous over Hogan ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm Moron Trump lover Ron DeSantis has finally closed Florida but Republicans should know he’s sending those hungover Spring Break kids back to every state in the US. My country is so broken.
Yeah. He should have interned all those spoiled brats at Homestead.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

i asked someone today. what do you think is going on in... i dunno, syria. or yemen. or anywhere there is civil war. does the conflict proceed?

just curious for intel. thanks.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Germany seems to be much better prepared than most:
Last week, the federal government ordered an extra 10,000 life-saving ventilators from a German manufacturer, on top of the 25,000 that are already in place in hospitals across the country. The city state of Berlin, which has so far recorded 391 cases of Covid-19, is converting parts of the local trade fair ground into a 1,000-bed hospital for future coronavirus patients. Similar steps have been taken across the country.

“We are at the beginning, so we can still implement all the measures that have been called for,” said Prof Wieler. “We can still ensure that severely ill people can get treatment in the hospital.” 
https://www.ft.com/content/c0755b30-69b ... 70cff6e4d3
DocBarrister

If Hillary Had Been President

Post by DocBarrister »

Because of Trump’s negligence, the United States lost two months of response time — precious days that should have been used to test the population, produce more N95 masks and ventilators, and build new hospital beds. This past week, the Pentagon finally announced that a Navy hospital ship would be heading to New York — but it will take at least two weeks to get ready. Why wasn’t the deployment order given sooner? Even now, with the crisis upon us, Trump hesitates to use his full authority to order wartime production of ventilators needed to keep thousands of patients alive.

Utterly lacking in empathy, Trump is incapable of rallying a shell-shocked nation. When asked on Friday, “What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?,” Trump launched into a tirade against the reporter who asked the question. Like the snake-oil salesman that he is, his version of reassurance is to tout miracle cures that have not been verified by medical science.

I weep in anger and frustration imagining what might have been if Hillary Clinton — a sane, sensible adult — had won. We couldn’t have avoided the coronavirus, but we could have ameliorated its effects. We could be South Korea (102 deaths) rather than Italy (4,825 deaths and counting).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... n-had-won/

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Trump Praises Kim Jong Un

Post by DocBarrister »

Trump sends letter to Kim Jong Un claiming to be impressed by North Korea's coronavirus response

North Korea on Saturday said that President Donald Trump sent Kim Jong Un a letter in which Trump said he was impressed by the North Korean leader's ability to defend his people from the coronavirus outbreak.

North Korea has insisted that they have had no cases of COVID-19, but many experts say that Kim’s claim that the outbreak has not touched his country is almost certainly false.

The letter also says Trump "expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work."

“President Trump sent a letter to Chairman Kim of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, consistent with his efforts to engage global leaders during the ongoing pandemic. The President looks forward to continued communications with Chairman Kim," a senior administration official confirmed to NBC News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... BlogHeader

:shock:

Is this a joke?

We know what Kim Jong Un’s coronavirus response is ... firing squads and some mass graves.

Trump is an idiot ... like his supporters.

DocBarrister :roll: :?
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://news.yahoo.com/federal-law-enfo ... 31308.html

White Nationalists see the virus as a weapon they can use against cops and minorities.

In Nigeria, poisonings based on Dr Trump’s medical advice.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... aised-drug

In Miami, DeSantis’ work is not well regarded as the Herald editors beg him to act like he gives a damn.
https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/edi ... 03236.html
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:41 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:09 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 pm
Truly stupid.
I think it was PB who was telling us of Gillum's scandal and praising DeSantis in turn...I think we'd have rather had a guy who might be screwing, and drinking and drugging with male prostitute. Pretty sure that even with those distractions, the beaches would have been closed.
Because the nerve is a democrat. Thats the only reason.

he was under investigation as Mayor for selling his office.

But he's the right man cause hes a dem. And dems do the right thing with a d*ck in their mouths and crystal meth in their veins. Always
Thanks for the extra added oomph to your reply, 6ft, it was so helpful. :roll:

No, I'm saying even a guy with those distractions would likely not have denied the reality of the virus' spread and the necessity to close the beaches, and restaurants, and bars.. period.

Lots of R Gov's have done way, way better than this knucklehead DeSantis. Mine has and he easily got my vote, twice. In fact, It's been forever since I voted D for Gov in my state, even though we've had a few that were passable.

It ain't the R or the D, 6ft, we're talking about competence in a crisis.

DeSantis has definitely cost lives.

MD: Ron Desantis enjoys a 70% approval rating from his constituents. That would include many Democrats whom you swear here often you’re not one (though it becomes hard to tell since your analysis tends to shade only one direction).

You seem to think Floridians don’t know what’s good for them. I think you called Ron a “knucklehead”. Presumably you know more about Ron than we do. Please share with the board.

The below are from newspapers quite hostile to Ron.

https://www.theledger.com/news/20200320 ... estaurants

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... alm-beach/

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/ed ... story.html
Oh I'm quite sure he's a knucklehead. The restaurants and beaches should have been long shut down.

His failure means lives.

But if you want to make the argument that he was just following Der Leader and it really wasn't his fault...ok.

But, hey, I'm happy to root for him to put the pedal to the metal, fast now.

“Knucklehead” = Yale undergrad, Harvard JD, Navy, JAG, Seal Team One, never lost a political race, appointed several Democrats to his Cabinet, leading the way on clean water and Everglades restoration, 70% statewide approval ratings.

Also married to Casey, runner up D1 Equestrian champion, phi beta kappa, fluent in French, former TV announcer, handicap of 8.

I hope I’m a knucklehead too!! Lol. I’m guessing you aren’t too familiar with Ron, but simply repeat media and liberal talking points.
So...what's your answer for why they kept the beaches open...???

As I said, I'm happy to root for him to put the pedal to the metal now...I'd like him to be willing to say, publicly, that Trump screwed the pooch on this by sending all the wrong signals to guys like him on the front lines, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's a bit of good Florida news reported from my son and mom in Stuart Florida. Apparently there's a drive thru testing facility now stood up nearby. Very good to hear. On the other hand, the tennis pro at the community they're in just tested positive, sick. First such inside their community which has an average age over 70. Big new cohort in mid 50's+ but the original cohort of 30 years ago is still dominant. Very vulnerable. Unfortunately the testing had not begun to be available except for the very sickest until this past week, so it's clear that there's already been substantial spread.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:44 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:30 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:28 pm
JHU72:
I would take a governor that I have basic philosophical differences with (Hogan) and have not voted for in a second over either one of them.
So based on your voting record, you'd rather have 1st term, inexperienced Governor Ben Jealous leading us through this crisis, than 2nd term experienced Governor Larry Hogan (who was elected President of the National Governors Assn by his fellow Governors).
Solid, nonpartisan choice.
He said he'd prefer Hogan over Trump.
He said he has not voted for Hogan.
Did he vote for Ben Jealous instead ?
Who would he prefer to have as Governor now ?
dunno (I wouldn't), but not the point of his comment.
.:lol:. ...you're dodging on his behalf. A dodgeball team.
I'm sure Gov Jealous would be serving us just as well as Gov Hogan is in this crisis.
Why not admit having voted for Jealous over Hogan ?
Seems to me you are just trying to divert from his point that Trump is a disaster. And that it ain't about D or R as he'd be more than happy to have a Gov like Hogan in the job, though he'd never voted for him previously on D/R grounds.

I don't think we know how Jealous would have handled the crisis, we just know that Hogan has so far done a very solid job. IMO, not an unexpectedly good job.

why make it partisan?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm
Don't worry, those spring breakers have left lots of "presents" to be opened later, in Florida.
My mom and son are in Florida.
youthathletics

Re: Trump Praises Kim Jong Un

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am Trump sends letter to Kim Jong Un claiming to be impressed by North Korea's coronavirus response

North Korea on Saturday said that President Donald Trump sent Kim Jong Un a letter in which Trump said he was impressed by the North Korean leader's ability to defend his people from the coronavirus outbreak.

North Korea has insisted that they have had no cases of COVID-19, but many experts say that Kim’s claim that the outbreak has not touched his country is almost certainly false.

The letter also says Trump "expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work."

“President Trump sent a letter to Chairman Kim of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, consistent with his efforts to engage global leaders during the ongoing pandemic. The President looks forward to continued communications with Chairman Kim," a senior administration official confirmed to NBC News.

Is this a joke?

We know what Kim Jong Un’s coronavirus response is ... firing squads and some mass graves.

You should learn to play chess while quarantined, it will help you see past the immediate. That simple letter may go a very long in the future and hurts absolutely no one...well, except you for some reason. Hypothetical.....what IF Kim has a cure, and shared it with us...simply because Trump was the only one that reached out?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am Trump sends letter to Kim Jong Un claiming to be impressed by North Korea's coronavirus response

Is this a joke?

You should learn to play chess while quarantined, it will help you see past the immediate. That simple letter may go a very long in the future and hurts absolutely no one...well, except you for some reason. Hypothetical.....what IF Kim has a cure, and shared it with us...simply because Trump was the only one that reached out?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Read this chart. San Francisco v Miami. DeSantis blew this.
Attachments
FAFC48B9-0B56-4CB4-981E-3D50165FD453.jpeg
FAFC48B9-0B56-4CB4-981E-3D50165FD453.jpeg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 am

Is this a joke?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
There you go again...Chedder Bob. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”