The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:04 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 am You're beyond full of schidt this morning, TLD.
Not only beyond full of schidt, but lying too (you see the bombardment/click bait like the rest of us do, and you see others posting about it too).
Go prod/poke someone else this morning cuz I aint buyin' your bullschidt.
Have a nice day.
For instance this girl that has been championing the cause that you have mentioned several times was news to me until you mentioned her. I can’t remember her name but I thought she was an actress when you first mentioned her…..

I don’t see what you see because I don’t click on that nonsense. I don’t “interact” with stuff on social media other than liking some lacrosse or music stuff.

I can’t read the stuff in X because I won’t sign up. Never been on Tick Tock either or facebook.
Right, you click on the stories and research them but your algorithms work differently than anyone else's, you're never fed any clickbait after that. I'm the only one you get this stuff from is bullschidt. This is the only part of the cesspool that is social media I participate in too, and I sure as hell don't seek transgender info but the clickbait will pop up on my feed. Doesn't on yours so I'll try to keep you up on the latest when you come out from under your rock now and then. Oh, and I won't catch any of this on the news cuz I don't watch it (like you do but don't get/see anything about it).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:24 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 am You're beyond full of schidt this morning, TLD.
Not only beyond full of schidt, but lying too (you see the bombardment/click bait like the rest of us do, and you see others posting about it too).
Have a nice day.
For instance this girl that has been championing the cause that you have mentioned several times was news to me until you mentioned her. I can’t remember her name but I thought she was an actress when you first mentioned her…..

I don’t see what you see because I don’t click on that nonsense. I don’t “interact” with stuff on social media other than liking some lacrosse or music stuff.

I can’t read the stuff in X because I won’t sign up. Never been on Tick Tock either or facebook.
Right, you click on the stories and research them but your algorithms work differently than anyone else's, you're never fed any clickbait after that. I'm the only one you get this stuff from is bullschidt. This is the only part of the cesspool that is social media I participate in too, and I sure as hell don't seek transgender info but the clickbait will pop up on my feed. Doesn't on yours so I'll try to keep you up on the latest when you come out from under your rock now and then. Oh, and I won't catch any of this on the news cuz I don't watch it (like you do but don't get/see anything about it).
ok, I'm a bit confused by this back and forth.

Exactly what "feed" are you part of, DMac, where things "pop up"???

Does this arrive by email? By text? Some other way?

For instance, I no longer do FB, and turned off the notifications...so, I no longer get any notifications in text. But IF I did return to FB for some reason, the algorithm would remember my past behaviors and feed me stuff it thinks I will react to...but since I'm not there nearly ever, I don't have any such daily experience there.

I do go to YouTube occasionally, and sign in, so I do get some right column suggestions based on prior activity and particularly searches, but you can clean this out if you want and go to a private mode that doesn't behave that way. But nothing "pops up" daily to me.

I have a Twitter account, and Instagram account, so they do know me a tiny bit, but since I never post there, never interact beyond the clicks, they don't know much. I did get notifications from Twitter, but I turned that off.

Where I DO get "pop ups" is that I subscribe to Apple News...I chose the subjects and publications I wanted to follow, so those do get 'popped up' when news breaks, stories get posted...I can scroll through quickly to see if I want to actually read any. I don't post.

I do listen to some podcasts on Spotify when I'm driving long distance or riding the tractor cutting the lawn, so they will suggest things, but my overall activity is low.

I generally go to CNN when I just want a quick scan of major stories of the day. That's not personalized to me in any way.

Sounds like TLD is similar or less than me.

So, where are you getting these pop ups in your "feed" about topics around LGBTQ+ "issues".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Have a nice day.

DMac,

I don’t know what to tell you other than the truth. I first hear about these things here. I didn’t say I only see information here. You may be an early adopter. I never heard of this last swimmer until you posted about it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:45 pm
Have a nice day.

DMac,

I don’t know what to tell you other than the truth. I first hear about these things here. I didn’t say I only see information here. You may be an early adopter. I never heard of this last swimmer until you posted about it.
me too.
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:39 pm
Have a nice day.

For instance, I no longer do FB, and turned off the notifications...so, I no longer get any notifications in text. But IF I did return to FB for some reason, the algorithm would remember my past behaviors and feed me stuff it thinks I will react to...but since I'm not there nearly ever, I don't have any such daily experience there.

I do go to YouTube occasionally, and sign in, so I do get some right column suggestions based on prior activity and particularly searches, but you can clean this out if you want and go to a private mode that doesn't behave that way. But nothing "pops up" daily to me.

I have a Twitter account, and Instagram account, so they do know me a tiny bit, but since I never post there, never interact beyond the clicks, they don't know much. I did get notifications from Twitter, but I turned that off.

Where I DO get "pop ups" is that I subscribe to Apple News...I chose the subjects and publications I wanted to follow, so those do get 'popped up' when news breaks, stories get posted...I can scroll through quickly to see if I want to actually read any. I don't post.

I do listen to some podcasts on Spotify when I'm driving long distance or riding the tractor cutting the lawn, so they will suggest things, but my overall activity is low.

I generally go to CNN when I just want a quick scan of major stories of the day. That's not personalized to me in any way.

So, where are you getting these pop ups in your "feed" about topics around LGBTQ+ "issues".
I'm treading in territory that I am not knowledgeable enough about to really discuss. This is the best shot I can give you.
I use Microsoft Edge....this a browser, no? When I open my computer there is all kinds of news you can click on,
clickbait galore. This is a story seeking clicks on there right now....and I wasn't looking for it. Plenty of other garbage
that rolls by you seeking clicks too.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellne ... c766&ei=46
No emails, etc.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

When you use the MSN page as your homepage, that browser is high-end machine learning, along with your browser cookies and location of your internet service provider (ISP) gateway. Wanna test it out.....start clicking on Victoria Secret type stuff and you'll slowly start to see more and more female influenced articles...use the machine learning to your advantage ;) .

Recently I was researching retirement info and real estate...and it became about 50-75% of the news articles on the home page.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

And in the end, the swimmer is no longer competing on either team. So the haters got their way.

Doubt many trans women are gonna want to compete on either side with the firestorm it creates in today's environment.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:55 pm
Have a nice day.

I'm treading in territory that I am not knowledgeable enough about to really discuss. This is the best shot I can give you.
I use Microsoft Edge....this a browser, no? When I open my computer there is all kinds of news you can click on,
clickbait galore. This is a story seeking clicks on there right now....and I wasn't looking for it. Plenty of other garbage
No emails, etc.
I use Chrome and Safari, and use Apple computing and phone products, so I'm way less familiar with the Windows/Microsoft world. But ugh, if there's stuff popping up every time you open your browser.

Maybe it's similar to Apple News where you can tailor the feed through the settings?

Reading about Edge, it does appear that they're big on the "AI" features...which means they're watching every little twitch you make...ugh. Again, look to see if there are privacy features that can reduce that...but if you don't, expect to get clickbait similar to what you're previously responded to and what millions of others similar to you in some way are currently responding to. You'll get more and more and more.

Just don't assume that everyone else is getting the same stuff. We aren't.

for instance, I get a fair amount of lax related suggestions in my YouTube feed, because I click on stuff, search for particular people on there whose highlight reels I want to see...or I also get certain types of music similar to what I've listened to..and carpool karaoke...and I'm a sucker for videos of street buskers, etc...

But not much else, because I delete from history any digressions that I realize might not be what I want to see again fed to me. Sometime I'll use private mode if I want to see something that I definitely don't want popping up again!

But generally I don't scroll through the feed itself to look for whatever they may want to suggest...usually when I'm there it's for a specific purpose...otherwise it's just another a total time sink...at least on here when I'm wasting my time, it's using my noggin to think, listen, etc. Others 'curate' on topics for discussion.
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm When you use the MSN page as your homepage, that browser is high-end machine learning, along with your browser cookies and location of your internet service provider (ISP) gateway. Wanna test it out.....start clicking on Victoria Secret type stuff and you'll slowly start to see more and more female influenced articles...use the machine learning to your advantage ;) .

Recently I was researching retirement info and real estate...and it became about 50-75% of the news articles on the home page.
When I first got a computer (only got one because someone told LaxPower), of course I clicked on some lacrosse stuff and then when I opened my computer there was all kinds of lacrosse ads/stuff. I thought the entire world saw the same thing when they opened their computer, thought, holy schidt, lacrosse is growing like a weed, everybody's playing now. Works exactly as you say it does and that's where I see these trans stories.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm When you use the MSN page as your homepage, that browser is high-end machine learning, along with your browser cookies and location of your internet service provider (ISP) gateway. Wanna test it out.....start clicking on Victoria Secret type stuff and you'll slowly start to see more and more female influenced articles...use the machine learning to your advantage ;) .

yup. The machines are watching...god help us when the machines decide they actually 'want' to manipulate us to their own purposes... :shock:

In the meantime, use the privacy features and 'train' the machine best you can...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:01 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:44 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:18 pm Completely agree. What needs to be changed in the locker room if she stays on the men's team?
https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2023/10 ... advantage/
“The people that I know who are transgender, who are athletes understand the challenges they face and wanting to be active as an athlete in their sport of choice,” Cobb said.

This is what I'm talking about: how does competing with the men not satisfy the above? They get to be active in their sport of choice....the only difference is, who's in the lane next to you?

I fail to see how this doesn't solve these issues.
I suppose it’s how you define competing versus participating. For so few athletes I am surprised at the coverage. I honestly only hear about many of these things when DMac posts them. The Lia Thomas stuff notwithstanding.
The Roanoke thing would’ve hit me eventually, two weeks later, if not for the postings here. So I’m int he same boat and you’ve seen a. Good sampling on my use one the inter web.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:25 pm And in the end, the swimmer is no longer competing on either team. So the haters got their way.

Doubt many trans women are gonna want to compete on either side with the firestorm it creates in today's environment.
Why do they have to be haters and not ones ones looking for fairness?
You're 18 and swimming against the boys and at 20 you're swimming
against the girls. You see this as fair? At what point do you have to
say no to this in the name of fairness?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:29 pm

When I first got a computer (only got one because someone told LaxPower), of course I clicked on some lacrosse stuff and then when I opened my computer there was all kinds of lacrosse ads/stuff. I thought the entire world saw the same thing when they opened their computer, thought, holy schidt, lacrosse is growing like a weed, everybody's playing now. Works exactly as you say it does and that's where I see these trans stories.
Yep - if you use Google Chrome, you can hit "ctrl+shift+n" at the same time and browse 'incognito'. I'm sure there are still some shenanigans going on behind the scenes...but a bit more private.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:30 pm

yup. The machines are watching...god help us when the machines decide they actually 'want' to manipulate us to their own purposes... :shock:

In the meantime, use the privacy features and 'train' the machine best you can...
And listening.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:35 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:25 pm And in the end, the swimmer is no longer competing on either team. So the haters got their way.

Don't 'have to be', but that wasn't the statement.

There ARE "haters", indeed a whole lot of them, and, yes, they "got their way".

Someone else, a non-hater', may well have some sort of stake in the question and legitimately come to a conclusion that 'fairness' should trump opportunity. At a minimum, it's a reasonable question...for a non-hater with some actual stake in the outcome or responsibility for "fairness".

But the most vitriolic defenders of "girls rights to only compete with girls" are typically 'haters'...scratch the surface and you get all sorts of arguments about gender needing to be binary according to...god, or whatever justification. And the dangers to society if we support or accommodate in any way those who wish to identify other than as what society has previously thought they were...

And of course, one person's definition of "fairness" may well be quite different from another. For instance, I might well say it's unfair that I can't dunk a basketball...god didn't fairly endow me with that ability..."how is that fair?"
DMac

Post by DMac »

These were the girls on the Roanoke swimming team, girls who knew the trans when he was on the men's Roanoke swimming team. Not seeing them as haters, seeing them as girls seeking fairness (and legitimately so, IMO).
You're now going to want to take this to a whole different place. My only beef with all of this is that I see it as there having to be a cut off point. I don't think at 16 you can be competing against the boys and at 17 be competing against the girls.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:06 pm These were the girls on the Roanoke swimming team, girls who knew the trans when he was on the men's Roanoke swimming team. Not seeing them as haters, seeing them as girls seeking fairness (and legitimately so, IMO).
You're now going to want to take this to a whole different place. My only beef with all of this is that I see it as there having to be a cut off point. I don't think at 16 you can be competing against the boys and at 17 be competing against the girls.
How about letting girls dope?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:35 pm

Plenty of haters out there who want trans people simply gone. A few people calling for actual fairness. Plenty people who are doing this "for women's sports" actually don't give two flips about women's sports.

If the kid has transitioned to the point where the playing field is level for swimming, then it's fair. If not, then they need to transition more. If there is no point where it's "level", then make an open division and a women's division.

Kid's not swimming anymore, so it's a moot point anyway.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:27 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:55 pm
Have a nice day.

No emails, etc.
I use Chrome and Safari, and use Apple computing and phone products, so I'm way less familiar with the Windows/Microsoft world. But ugh, if there's stuff popping up every time you open your browser.

Maybe it's similar to Apple News where you can tailor the feed through the settings?

Reading about Edge, it does appear that they're big on the "AI" features...which means they're watching every little twitch you make...ugh. Again, look to see if there are privacy features that can reduce that...but if you don't, expect to get clickbait similar to what you're previously responded to and what millions of others similar to you in some way are currently responding to. You'll get more and more and more.

Just don't assume that everyone else is getting the same stuff. We aren't.

for instance, I get a fair amount of lax related suggestions in my YouTube feed, because I click on stuff, search for particular people on there whose highlight reels I want to see...or I also get certain types of music similar to what I've listened to..and carpool karaoke...and I'm a sucker for videos of street buskers, etc...

But not much else, because I delete from history any digressions that I realize might not be what I want to see again fed to me. Sometime I'll use private mode if I want to see something that I definitely don't want popping up again!

But generally I don't scroll through the feed itself to look for whatever they may want to suggest...usually when I'm there it's for a specific purpose...otherwise it's just another a total time sink...at least on here when I'm wasting my time, it's using my noggin to think, listen, etc. Others 'curate' on topics for discussion.

I use Microsoft Edge and do what you suggest. I have tailored by selecting to not display unreliable sources and obvious fake news sources.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Have a nice day.

You forgot to mention the OnlyFans account ;)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”