Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:50 pm As these cops are rotting in jail, how many times a day do you think they will regret their actions? Do you think it will be the last thing they think of every night before they go to sleep? Do you think they will regret that one macho moment where they illegally (one using a deadly weapon) shoved an elderly man to the ground?

Do you think they will regret the fact that they will miss their kids growing up, that their wives may divorce them, that other men will raise their children, that they will have humiliated their families, that they will have ruined their own lives?

As far as I’m concerned, I hope these dirty cops rot in hell. I hope they see some street justice once they are on the inside.
https://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/199 ... 199712/amp
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:50 pm As these cops are rotting in jail, how many times a day do you think they will regret their actions? Do you think it will be the last thing they think of every night before they go to sleep? Do you think they will regret that one macho moment where they illegally (one using a deadly weapon) shoved an elderly man to the ground?

Do you think they will regret the fact that they will miss their kids growing up, that their wives may divorce them, that other men will raise their children, that they will have humiliated their families, that they will have ruined their own lives?

As far as I’m concerned, I hope these dirty cops rot in hell. I hope they see some street justice once they are on the inside.

Do you understand that none of these police you hate have actually been tried in a court of law let alone convicted? You sound like you’d have loved the age of the Salem Witch Trials, which of course weren’t trials.

Also, police generally are never put in general populations in prison.

Sounds like you hate police in general. What would you do if you met a decent policeman? Is there anything you want to discuss publicly to explain your anger toward people who put their lives at risk for you?
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm So, anyone ready to acknowledge this fact.

Turns out the police golden boy Rolfe has 12 incidents in a 7 yr career including a written reprimand for “a use of force incident involving a firearm” in 2017.

Brosnan, the more professional one, yet to have anything in his record over 2 years.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/atlanta-of ... 41?mod=mhp

What percent of police do you think are 'bad apples', farfromgeneva?
Nationally, no idea just throwing numbers out but maybe 5-15%.

More importantly how many are fit to uphold the job they have? How many should have legal authority to take someone’s freedoms, even if for a day, let alone use significant or lethal force? Half. Maybe more. I hold the good, qualified professional ones in the highest esteem, but take the less professional, less qualified ones personally.

Maybe in another generation when the old pension grabbing junk retires and moves on it’ll be much higher but the standard we need to hold these people accountable to should be as high as any in this country given the authority and power they are handed.
Wow 350k or so are unfit, you sure there aren’t more?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... o-movement

How many others in the armed forces? That Naval Academy grad in Florida who live-streamed his stupidity is an interesting demographic datapoint.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6x6 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:44 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:22 pm So, anyone ready to acknowledge this fact.

Turns out the police golden boy Rolfe has 12 incidents in a 7 yr career including a written reprimand for “a use of force incident involving a firearm” in 2017.

Brosnan, the more professional one, yet to have anything in his record over 2 years.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/atlanta-of ... 41?mod=mhp

What percent of police do you think are 'bad apples', farfromgeneva?
Nationally, no idea just throwing numbers out but maybe 5-15%.

More importantly how many are fit to uphold the job they have? How many should have legal authority to take someone’s freedoms, even if for a day, let alone use significant or lethal force? Half. Maybe more. I hold the good, qualified professional ones in the highest esteem, but take the less professional, less qualified ones personally.

Maybe in another generation when the old pension grabbing junk retires and moves on it’ll be much higher but the standard we need to hold these people accountable to should be as high as any in this country given the authority and power they are handed.
Wow 350k or so are unfit, you sure there aren’t more?
In a population of 300mm? You’re seemingly huge number represents 1/10 of 1% of the population. Doesn’t seem like such a large number in that context eh?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

interesting story in the cfb world- OKSt. coach wears a shirt with "OAN", and issues an apology after hearing about it from his players: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ort-caused
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 pm interesting story in the cfb world- OKSt. coach wears a shirt with "OAN", and issues an apology after hearing about it from his players: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ort-caused
He has to maintain his recruiting pipeline. He can recruit kids from Trumpland while wearing an OAN shirt if he wants. It’s a free country. Tell old coach he can even use the “n-word” like his players do.....He will be out if a job though.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Do you understand that none of these police you hate have actually been tried in a court of law let alone convicted? You sound like you’d have loved the age of the Salem Witch Trials, which of course weren’t trials.

Sounds like you hate police in general. What would you do if you met a decent policeman? Is there anything you want to discuss publicly to explain your anger toward people who put their lives at risk for you?
Some even get married while in prison: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/so ... -1.1213532
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:04 pm ouch, I'd need to know more about these guys' hearts before wishing any "street justice once they are on the inside" for anyone.

Now, if I found that they spewed anger and hate and were unrepentant...then karma, she is indeed a b-tch.
I’ve seen all I need. Shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground is enough for me.

The only time it EVER would be justified to shove someone like that would be if they were coming at the cop with a gun. Cops are only permitted to use proportional force, that is, force that is reasonable under the circumstances. The force they used might’ve been reasonable if the victim were a 300 lb. NFL lineman. It is entirely unreasonable, and unlawful, to use that degree of force on someone like this guy who was peacefully protesting.

Falls often are deadly to the elderly. Anyone who has lived long enough knows that. I certainly hope this guy recovers, but I fear this event will end up being a bright line event in his physical and mental decline.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 pm interesting story in the cfb world- OKSt. coach wears a shirt with "OAN", and issues an apology after hearing about it from his players: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ort-caused
It's a conservative news network for crying out loud. I'm sorry, but this generation is too thin skinned. Black, white or whatever. Again, they think words are violence and violence is speech. This is America. The answer to speech that offends you.... don't listen. Or speak your own offensive speech. I'm not crazy about the vulgar language and misogyny in Gangsta Rap but play it all you want. I'm not listening (unless you have it blasting at a stop light, and then I feel sorry for you when you're going to be saying "What did you say?" in twenty years).
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:22 pm
It's a conservative news network for crying out loud. I'm sorry, but this generation is too thin skinned. Black, white or whatever. Again, they think words are violence and violence is speech. This is America. The answer to speech that offends you.... don't listen. Or speak your own offensive speech. I'm not crazy about the vulgar language and misogyny in Gangsta Rap but play it all you want. I'm not listening (unless you have it blasting at a stop light, and then I feel sorry for you when you're going to be saying "What did you say?" in twenty years).
The coach can keep wearing the shirt if he wants to.
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:04 pm ouch, I'd need to know more about these guys' hearts before wishing any "street justice once they are on the inside" for anyone.

Now, if I found that they spewed anger and hate and were unrepentant...then karma, she is indeed a b-tch.

The only time it EVER would be justified to shove someone like that would be if they were coming at the cop with a gun. Cops are only permitted to use proportional force, that is, force that is reasonable under the circumstances. The force they used might’ve been reasonable if the victim were a 300 lb. NFL lineman. It is entirely unreasonable, and unlawful, to use that degree of force on someone like this guy who was peacefully protesting.

Falls often are deadly to the elderly. Anyone who has lived long enough knows that. I certainly hope this guy recovers, but I fear this event will end up being a bright line event in his physical and mental decline.
So what should the sentence be for this guy? Shoved a 92 YO woman with a walker. She fell over and hit her head on a fire hydrant. Looks to be about 20 and in good shape. Is this the new "free speech"? Would you classify as a hate crime? Happened this week in NYC.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ed-ground/
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:22 pm

I’ve seen the evidence. What other evidence is there?

You might want to check up on New York prison procedures.

I do hate bad cops like these guys. They give good cops, which are the overwhelming majority, a bad name.

It boggles my mind that with all these protests about police violence, the police continue again and again and again to engage in acts of violence. Too many of them just do not get it. They are bullies who abuse their position, and worse.

In the majority of encounters I’ve had with police, they have been respectful and courteous. Some have been brusque. None have acted illegally or even inappropriately.

The only real problem I had with a cop involved a dirty cop in a case I was handling as a lawyer. I exposed his dishonesty in the courtroom. When I did so, he tried to come across a table at me and had to be restrained.

No cop has ever risked his life for me. That is just my experience. I imagine that is the case for the huge majority of people in the country. Having said that, I respect the jobs done by good cops.

A major part of the current conversation is figuring out ways to get the bad guys out. Let’s start with these two Buffalo thugs.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill

Post by njbill »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:30 pm

So what should the sentence be for this guy? Shoved a 92 YO woman with a walker. She fell over and hit her head on a fire hydrant. Looks to be about 20 and in good shape. Is this the new "free speech"? Would you classify as a hate crime? Happened this week in NYC.

Not sure why you are questioning whether it might be a hate crime. Hate crimes towards the elderly?

Throw the book at him. Put him in the same jail with the Buffalo cops.

The cops’ actions were worse because they are held to a higher standard as police officers.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Don’t bother, folks on the other side of you don’t acknowledge or believe police should be held to any different standard. I’ve brought it up numerous times and they just keep plowing through.

The rest of his reply can be summarized as: “what about x distraction in order to avoid having an honest conversation here”
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:51 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Not sure why you are questioning whether it might be a hate crime. Hate crimes towards the elderly?

Throw the book at him. Put him in the same jail with the Buffalo cops.

The cops’ actions were worse because they are held to a higher standard as police officers.
Whatever the maximum charge is for assault, this guy should get it.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:54 pm Don’t bother, folks on the other side of you don’t acknowledge or believe police should be held to any different standard. I’ve brought it up numerous times and they just keep plowing through.

The rest of his reply can be summarized as: “what about x distraction in order to avoid having an honest conversation here”
They should be held to a lower standard than a criminal.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Shoot em if ya got em!
Typical Lax Dad

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/videos/us/2020/ ... ad-vpx.cnn

He should file a lawsuit for wrongful termination.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”