2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Buckle Up

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 am

The concern that has been voiced out loud is whether AA voters, especially older such, will be willing to rally behind a gay man. If you are white and harbor anti-gay bigotry, you're already firmly in the Trump camp. Pete will need to demonstrate that he can rally AA support, but I think there's little question that in a binary choice with Trump, AA voters will show up big time this go round regardless of whether it's Pete or Joe Biden. I think they will as well for Warren, but that potentially loses too many moderates.

Where the election will be won or lost is turnout of white suburban voters moving against Trump. We just saw this again in Louisiana, where Trump once again nationalized the choice and lost. Warren represents a real friction against that move by suburban white voters, especially in those key swing states the Dems need to win back.
This is a very simple question MDlax:

Have you watched more than 3 South Park episodes in your lifetime?

It matters, because your insular experiences leave reality in the dust.

Remember, Hillaryous and Obama were anti-GAY for most of their lives......same with other Presidential Democratic candidates. Why the moronic observation that it's ONLY tRump supporters that are anti gay, preceeded by a comment that blacks (another generalization )
Kenny stuffed the ballot box! :roll:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Why switch online personas, fatty?
ABV was doing just fine.

You are quite correct that attitudes about homosexuality have shifted enormously over the past 30 years.
Remarkable, really.

White folks who remain anti-gay have near universally moved to the Trump GOP.
I'm sure you could find someone who doesn't fit that move, but very, very few.

By contrast, you can find some older black voters who remain staunchly Dem but are 'uncomfortable' with homosexuality, primarily for religious reasons. This is way less true of younger black voters, but not non-existent.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:19 pm Why switch online personas, fatty? to bug and fatty no longer exists
ABV was doing just fine.

You are quite correct that attitudes about homosexuality have shifted enormously over the past 30 years. And for those that I mentioned, it's more like 15 years, not 30. Obama was NOT for gay marriage....until he was. When he was in this 40's. Yet, when Tusli Gabbard was a teen, she WORKED at a place...hypocrites
Remarkable, really.

White folks who remain anti-gay have near universally moved to the Trump GOP. You know this, how? Because CNN told you?
I'm sure you could find someone who doesn't fit that move, but very, very few. Same with wack job alt rights, yet they...... :roll: :roll:

By contrast, you can find some older black voters who remain staunchly Dem but are 'uncomfortable' with homosexuality, primarily for religious reasons. This is way less true of younger black voters, but not non-existent.
Two questions that you STILL haven't answered.

SOuth park

Who paid

answer or eat brunch
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:19 pm Why switch online personas, fatty? to bug and fatty no longer exists
ABV was doing just fine.

You are quite correct that attitudes about homosexuality have shifted enormously over the past 30 years. And for those that I mentioned, it's more like 15 years, not 30. Obama was NOT for gay marriage....until he was. When he was in this 40's. Yet, when Tusli Gabbard was a teen, she WORKED at a place...hypocrites
Remarkable, really.

White folks who remain anti-gay have near universally moved to the Trump GOP. You know this, how? Because CNN told you?
I'm sure you could find someone who doesn't fit that move, but very, very few. Same with wack job alt rights, yet they...... :roll: :roll:

Two questions that you STILL haven't answered.

SOuth park

Who paid

answer or eat brunch
already eaten, fatty; gearing up for Ravens game though.

No, I wasn't a big fan of South Park, probably a little old for it at the time.
Did watch some, but never got into it.

"Who paid", you tell me. Credible sources, please.
Most immigrants certainly paid, and dearly.

How do I know white voters who are anti-gay have moved GOP?
Sheesh, hard to even take that seriously. Anecdotally, I know lots of Trump supporters and I know how they feel on various social issues.
But that's just anecdotal.

Yes, polling, yes white evangelicals who are anti-gay are heavy Trump base.

I think there may be some registered old-line Dem Catholic voters who vote R whenever they get a chance, all-in for Trump. But the progressive wing of the Catholic Church is fully comfortable with gender issues.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Why didn't the press re-run the short lived Hunter "crack" lawyers fossil fuel job. (shouldn't HE be in jail for working in THAT industry, believers ?? )

Thank goodness for the impeachment, we are learning a few things about some of the D Presidential candidates.

"but Joe PROMISES not to hire family ...."

why pretend liberals are supporting this corporate politician is telling....
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:07 am Why didn't the press re-run the short lived Hunter "crack" lawyers fossil fuel job. (shouldn't HE be in jail for working in THAT industry, believers ?? )

Thank goodness for the impeachment, we are learning a few things about some of the D Presidential candidates.

Hunter was advising Burisma on a renewable strategy :lol: :lol:

Joe Biden owns Burisma and hired his son... :lol:

Why don’t you complain about Jared, Ivanka and Don Jr.?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:27 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:07 am Why didn't the press re-run the short lived Hunter "crack" lawyers fossil fuel job. (shouldn't HE be in jail for working in THAT industry, believers ?? )

hey people that beetch about WHATABOUTISM..........be CONsistent.....it's all anyone could ask.

Changing the topic by bringing up other examples IS whataboutism....isn't it? :roll:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:19 pmWhite folks who remain anti-gay have near universally moved to the Trump GOP.

All I can say is WOW :?

So white people who are uncomfortable with homosexuality are "anti-gay" and Trumpers.

And..... black people who are "uncomfortable with homosexuality" feel that way for religious reasons..... :roll:

double standard much?

you are better than that - at least it seems you want to be.

The color of your skins does not impact your intolerance. It is simply intolerance.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:14 am

hey people that beetch about WHATABOUTISM..........be CONsistent.....it's all anyone could ask.

Changing the topic by bringing up other examples IS whataboutism....isn't it? :roll:
I asked you why don’t you complain about your guy’s nepotism. Why don’t you?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:20 am

because they don't work in the awful fossil fuel industry, which you and yours are constantly yelling at us about it's evils.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Richard Borreca (Honolulu Star):
Tulsi Gabbard’s bid for U.S. presidency devolves into a bid for attention from Hillary Clinton. If there is a prediction to be made about 2020 and Gabbard, it is that the 38-year-old Hawaii Democrat will not be president and any claims of political accomplishment will be unfulfilled.
Editorial

It does seem that Gabbard's only claim to fame in this presidential run is the dust up with Hillary Clinton. Not nearly enough to move the needle.

Gabbard: "I'm a weird one ..."

It seems much (most?) of Gabbard's support comes from white conservative males and Internet BOTs. Strange she takes a number of liberal / progressive positions and conservative males support her. I am sure it has nothing to do with her generally pleasing appearance. :lol: I am guessing there is significant overlap with the Denali Ditz's supporters.
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:20 am

because they don't work in the awful fossil fuel industry, which you and yours are constantly yelling at us about it's evils.
Exxon has a renewable energy strategy. I am sure Hunter Biden was helping facilitate that effort at Burisma. :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

You have to be kidding me? The FLP wing hijacked the Democrat party several years ago. Why would Barack Obama make such a statement in the first place? He understands what the hard turn to the left will mean to the Democrats in 2020.
C&S -- The far left hijack exists more on Fox News than it does in reality.

The total support for Biden/Buttigieg is about the same as for Bernie/Warren combined. Seems to be tipping more towards the moderates recently -- Bloomberg, Patrick, Klobuchar doing a bit better.

A few weeks back Warren put out the math on her M4A plan -- and she's been tanking ever since. So did you notice what she did over the weekend? She's now advocating adding a public option to Obamacare -- which is EXACTLY what the moderates have been preaching. Seems like Lizzie is the hijackee more than the hijacker.

While Trump brands all Dems as far left radicals, the Dems actually winning meaningful elections are far from that. Bel Edwards in LA, Beshear in KY. The +41 congressional seats that put Pelosi back in power all came from races where moderate Dems beat Reps. AOC didn't do shirt in regaining the House. Which is why Pelosi sends AOC more shade than love.

Dem party is pretty equally split between far left and center left, with the power still held by the moderates. On the GOP side, the moderate Reps are all gone. It is down to Trump and Tea Party remnants. No RINOs need apply.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

When you say "moderates", what does this mean for issues?

How does a mod differ than a left left left wing on the following:

Left left left vs moderates

abortion/late term, vs 3 months

white collar welfare/none vs as much as wall st. wants

war/killing machine industry/ bring troops home vs doubling the deficit

do I have this even close to being accurate???
ggait

Post by ggait »

When you say "moderates", what does this mean for issues?
Here's one take.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... c-primary/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm
You have to be kidding me? The FLP wing hijacked the Democrat party several years ago. Why would Barack Obama make such a statement in the first place? He understands what the hard turn to the left will mean to the Democrats in 2020.

The total support for Biden/Buttigieg is about the same as for Bernie/Warren combined. Seems to be tipping more towards the moderates recently -- Bloomberg, Patrick, Klobuchar doing a bit better.

A few weeks back Warren put out the math on her M4A plan -- and she's been tanking ever since. So did you notice what she did over the weekend? She's now advocating adding a public option to Obamacare -- which is EXACTLY what the moderates have been preaching. Seems like Lizzie is the hijackee more than the hijacker.

While Trump brands all Dems as far left radicals, the Dems actually winning meaningful elections are far from that. Bel Edwards in LA, Beshear in KY. The +41 congressional seats that put Pelosi back in power all came from races where moderate Dems beat Reps. AOC didn't do shirt in regaining the House. Which is why Pelosi sends AOC more shade than love.

Dem party is pretty equally split between far left and center left, with the power still held by the moderates. On the GOP side, the moderate Reps are all gone. It is down to Trump and Tea Party remnants. No RINOs need apply.
Dem party is pretty equally split between far left and center left, with the power still held by the moderates.
Disagree 100%. The FLP side is still very vocal and wants nothing to do with being moderate. Why do you think the far left agenda being proposed by Warren/Sanders and company is being so well received among mainstream Democrats. Until the debates play out next year for the Dems I am not holding out much hope for the moderates in the Democrat party. Time will soon tell where the Dems are heading.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:19 pmWhite folks who remain anti-gay have near universally moved to the Trump GOP.

All I can say is WOW :?

So white people who are uncomfortable with homosexuality are "anti-gay" and Trumpers.

And..... black people who are "uncomfortable with homosexuality" feel that way for religious reasons..... :roll:

double standard much?

you are better than that - at least it seems you want to be.

The color of your skins does not impact your intolerance. It is simply intolerance.....
I quite agree as to 'intolerance', in this case with regard to homosexuality.

I'm simply asserting, factually, that white evangelicals, particularly older such, who are uncomfortable with homosexuality have fully migrated to the Trump GOP. I know quite a few such and that's where they are. Yes, their intolerance to homosexuality is religiously based. Younger evangelicals are far less likely to be as uncomfortable, and also less likely to be Trump supporters (relative to their elders).

This migration is not true of the black church, at least not proportionately comparable to white evangelicals. No less uncomfortable with homosexuality, they have countervailing motivations to stick with the Dems, especially in contrast with Trump.

This is just the reality, not a values argument.

The discussion was about the potential resistance to Mayor Pete among Dems. My point is that there really isn't an issue with white evangelicals or Catholics, they aren't comfortable with the Dem view on these issues anyway, so have moved to the GOP if that's how they feel. African Americans are still mostly Dems, but some, especially older, do have an issue with homosexuality, though it is not top of the list of voting motivators for them.

But no, being a Trump supporter does not make one necessarily homophobic, just as it doesn't mean you are racist. It just means that you are willing to make common cause with those who are indeed forthrightly bigoted.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:47 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Dem party is pretty equally split between far left and center left, with the power still held by the moderates.
Disagree 100%. The FLP side is still very vocal and wants nothing to do with being moderate. Why do you think the far left agenda being proposed by Warren/Sanders and company is being so well received among mainstream Democrats. Until the debates play out next year for the Dems I am not holding out much hope for the moderates in the Democrat party. Time will soon tell where the Dems are heading.
Keep on drinking from the far right media machine, cradle.

I'd add to ggait's description that Mayor Pete (and others) took on Warren (and Sanders) not just on the math, but on the notion that government would force people not to be able to purchase private insurance. The big swing in the polls of Dems reflect that this resonates.

What you seem to mix up is that progressives share a bunch of 'aspirations' in common, the difference is that the moderates want to do what is practical and actually doable, moving toward the aspiration but not blindly. The definition of moderate progressive. Of course the far left wants to go faster, that's the definition of far left progressive!

The problem for the GOP is that there's no longer such a moderate group at all within the GOP (moderate conservative) as those of us who would otherwise be considered R's are no longer welcome.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Disagree 100%. The FLP side is still very vocal and wants nothing to do with being moderate. Why do you think the far left agenda being proposed by Warren/Sanders and company is being so well received among mainstream Democrats.
ICYMI -- Warren over the weekend abandoned "Medicare for All" since her numbers were tanking. She has now embraced "Medicare for those who want it", which is the Biden and Buttigieg position. She wouldn't do that if a strong majority of Dems were demanding M4A.

Turns out most Dems want to keep/improve O'Care, and almost all Dems know that the revolution just isn't going to happen no matter what Bernie/Warren say. So why waste time talking about it.

By the way, what does your frequently used FLP mean? Whatever or whoever those folks are, they are totally not driving the Dem party.

The GOP, in contrast, is under the complete control of the whack jobs. On that side, people appear to believe that impossible things promised will actually occur -- build the wall; Mexico will pay for it. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”