The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:24 pm There is not yet any rational basis to compare Hunter Biden's activities with those of Jared Kushner & Ivanka Trump.
Until proven otherwise, Kushner's activities were in the best interest of the US & our allies in the ME.

How is Affinity Partners doing for it's investors ?
Did the Dem lead House Oversight Comm investigation come up with anything ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affinity_Partners
Capitalization and investors
Kushner sought funds for the new company through the sovereign wealth funds of Gulf countries. The Saudi government's Public Investment Fund invested $2 billion in Kushner's firm, six months after Kushner left the White House.

The firm primarily depended on Saudi money. In April 2022 it had $2.5 billion under its management.

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Kushner said: "If we can get Israelis and Muslims in the region to do business together, it will focus people on shared interests and shared values." He added, "we kicked off historic regional change which needs to be reinforced and nurtured to achieve its potential."

Investment portfolio
The fund has invested in two undisclosed Israeli hi-tech companies. The Wall Street Journal reported that "it is the first known instance that the Saudi Public Investment Fund’s cash will be directed to Israel, a sign of the kingdom’s increasing willingness to do business with the country."

In March 2022 Affinity executives heard pitches from 13 to 15 Israeli startups.

Controversy
According to ethics experts, the investment created the appearance of potential payback for Kushner, given that he had been a staunch defender of Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman while at the White House. The House Oversight Committee said on June 2, 2022, that it had opened an investigation into whether Kushner had traded on his government position to get the deal.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If I did the emoji thing you’d see me puking my guts out with laughter. Then depressed someone who served for a long time is so lost or completely incapable of being honest with it being one of those two and not a spectrum.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kushner is enabling Saudi Arabia & the UAE to invest in Israel. Who is lost ?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We all know that answer.

Jamal Kashoggi and some folks here
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:48 am Kushner is enabling Saudi Arabia & the UAE to invest in Israel. Who is lost ?
You sure seem to love all these people you didn't vote for and don't like. :oops:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:50 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:48 am Kushner is enabling Saudi Arabia & the UAE to invest in Israel. Who is lost ?
You sure seem to love all these people you didn't vote for and don't like. :oops:
Enabling is such a stupid word to use. Theres a bajillion (thats a technical term) existing and potential conduits between the two of that were even necessary (which it isnt).

Next he’s going to espouse the awesome abilities of Jared, whom ive crossed paths with, as well as his father, as a dumb young adult. Hes bailout central. Everything he touches is an overlay and requires someone to fix his mess.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

+1

:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

I like some of the things they accomplished -- like the Abraham Accords & economic links between the Gulf Arab states & Israel.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:34 pm
I like some of the things they accomplished -- like the Abraham Accords & economic links between the Gulf Arab states & Israel.
Pity you don't apply that logic to Biden and other Democratic administrations who you also disliked and didn't vote for. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:56 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:38 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:45 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:11 pm Biden is causing his own problems by stubbornly keeping Hunter in the spotlight. In your face to his political opponents.
That is not working out well.

He should limit family interaction to weekends & holidays at the Wilmington compound & Camp David.
Keep Hunter out of the WH & off of AF1. He's a huge political liability.
He’s his son.
Whatever liability he has is a result of the coordinated right wing plot to make him one in order to damage his father for the 2024 election.

It is clearly not a matter of principal or well the previous children of the president would ha e had even more notoriety for their crimes
And the far left did everything they could to make trumps kids a liability in a coordinated manner. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Hunter set his own dumb ass up for all of this criticism. You think the Republicans are going to pass up on this golden opportunity? Republicans by and large are pretty stupid, but they are not that stupid.
Except, you know, Biden’s kid never served in the administration either officially or not officially nor does he appear to have committed anything more than everyday crimes. Not defending it but then it isn’t corruption and graft either whike using dad’s office

Thete is zero laptop evidence to support the the hysteria the GOP is trying to stir up in order to attack Joe Biden and damage his election chances. They went after the Obamas a d Chelsea too. When you commit crimes you should expect to be investigated not try to use all the levers of government you control to try and cover them up
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:41 am
old salt wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:11 pm Biden is causing his own problems by stubbornly keeping Hunter in the spotlight. In your face to his political opponents.

He should limit family interaction to weekends & holidays at the Wilmington compound & Camp David.
He’s his son.
Whatever liability he has is a result of the coordinated right wing plot to make him one in order to damage his father for the 2024 election.

It is clearly not a matter of principal or well the previous children of the president would ha e had even more notoriety for their crimes
And the far left did everything they could to make trumps kids a liability in a coordinated manner. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Hunter set his own dumb ass up for all of this criticism. You think the Republicans are going to pass up on this golden opportunity? Republicans by and large are pretty stupid, but they are not that stupid.
Except, you know, Biden’s kid never served in the administration either officially or not officially nor does he appear to have committed anything more than everyday crimes. Not defending it but then it isn’t corruption and graft either whike using dad’s office

Thete is zero laptop evidence to support the the hysteria the GOP is trying to stir up in order to attack Joe Biden and damage his election chances. They went after the Obamas a d Chelsea too. When you commit crimes you should expect to be investigated not try to use all the levers of government you control to try and cover them up
I made fun of Chelsea as a teenager. That poor girl being dragged around being let’s just say “not being first girl asked to the dance”.

I’ve also never claimed to be “good” whatever that means.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

He’s his son.

" Everyday crimes" ?? Attempting to lie on an application to purchase a firearm doesn't exactly fit into any category that I know of that is an everyday crime. It looks like Hunter was able to use " all the levers" of government not available to the average citizen to keep his arse the hell out of jail. Only on this forum will people stand up on the mountain top and scream that ain't no big deal. There is an appearance of impropriety here that no one can see. They act stunned why the Republicans would want to make a big deal out of it. The why part is actually pretty easy, true or false the seriousness of the accusations make Joe Biden look bad. If you can discredit your opponent in an election that works in your favor. That probably sounds ludicrous when the Rs may wind up with trump as their candidate🤮 so forget what I'm saying.🤔
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:00 am

He’s his son.

" Everyday crimes" ?? Attempting to lie on an application to purchase a firearm doesn't exactly fit into any category that I know of that is an everyday crime. It looks like Hunter was able to use " all the levers" of government not available to the average citizen to keep his arse the hell out of jail. Only on this forum will people stand up on the mountain top and scream that ain't no big deal. There is an appearance of impropriety here that no one can see. They act stunned why the Republicans would want to make a big deal out of it. The why part is actually pretty easy, true or false the seriousness of the accusations make Joe Biden look bad. If you can discredit your opponent in an election that works in your favor. That probably sounds ludicrous when the Rs may wind up with trump as their candidate🤮 so forget what I'm saying.🤔
cradle, pretty sure the Dems know exactly why the GOP is trying so desperately to paint Hunter as corrupt. There's no confusion, no "stunned". They're simply calling out the immense hypocrisy of the effort by those claiming "they liked some of their policies" for Trump and kin, calling anything at all that clearly was serious corruption, "a witch-hunt" when Trump and kin.

And yeah, Hunter's crimes are indeed "everyday crimes", committed by many Americans each day, and none of which involve national security.

No one, at least on here, has been excusing ANY crimes by Hunter or for that matter by other Dems. Nor unseemly behavior.
And no, he hasn't used ANY "levers of government not available to the average citizen"...nope, just those available to anyone else.
Claiming otherwise is intentionally specious BS.

On the other hand, there's been a long line of defending Trump allies' crimes as "merely process crimes"...yeah, lying to the FBI, acting as an agent for a foreign power secretly, etc, etc...mere "process" crimes... :roll:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

+10. BS is BS and misrepresentation is the order of the day. Tou can’t always walk throw a cow pasture and avoid stepping in something.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:36 am

He’s his son.

cradle, pretty sure the Dems know exactly why the GOP is trying so desperately to paint Hunter as corrupt. There's no confusion, no "stunned". They're simply calling out the immense hypocrisy of the effort by those claiming "they liked some of their policies" for Trump and kin, calling anything at all that clearly was serious corruption, "a witch-hunt" when Trump and kin.

And yeah, Hunter's crimes are indeed "everyday crimes", committed by many Americans each day, and none of which involve national security.

No one, at least on here, has been excusing ANY crimes by Hunter or for that matter by other Dems. Nor unseemly behavior.
And no, he hasn't used ANY "levers of government not available to the average citizen"...nope, just those available to anyone else.

On the other hand, there's been a long line of defending Trump allies' crimes as "merely process crimes"...yeah, lying to the FBI, acting as an agent for a foreign power secretly, etc, etc...mere "process" crimes... :roll:
You, the guy who opines endlessly for gun control legislation with teeth categorizes Hunter trying to lie his way into purchasing what would be an illegal weapon is NBD. What side of your mouth are you talking out of today? That is not your run of the mill average crime that is a felony all day long. Are you trying to reclassify a felony offense as something other than what it is?? Do you cheat on your taxes and if you did would expect to be given a pass? There are rules for everyday Americans and there is a different set of rules for the politically connected of both parties... GOT IT!! :roll:
You are clueless why an ever increasing number of Americans are fed up with the shenanigans of both parties.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:14 am

He’s his son.

You, the guy who opines endlessly for gun control legislation with teeth categorizes Hunter trying to lie his way into purchasing what would be an illegal weapon is NBD. What side of your mouth are you talking out of today? That is not your run of the mill average crime that is a felony all day long. Are you trying to reclassify a felony offense as something other than what it is?? Do you cheat on your taxes and if you did would expect to be given a pass? There are rules for everyday Americans and there is a different set of rules for the politically connected of both parties... GOT IT!! :roll:
You are clueless why an ever increasing number of Americans are fed up with the shenanigans of both parties.
jiminy, how many times do I have to say that I agree that both are serious crimes and he should pay a price no less or greater than others who have committed them? In his case, one would expect that his restitution and cooperation, admitting the crimes, and his remorse, would be taken into account just like with any other defendant. He plead out with same process as any other defendant.

But yes, these are crimes that happen every day in every state of this country (I guess no longer in Florida re gun?) and they bear consequences, as they should.

Is he an ongoing danger, likely to re-commit these crimes? I'd be willing to bet no, and apparently that's the prosecution's perspective as well. Thus they accepted the plea.

But here's the difference, Hunter has admitted his crimes, made restitution on the taxes, and is remorseful - as he should be!...do you see that from ANY of the various criminals in the Trump orbit? I don't. Do you see Trump allies and voters condemning those crimes at all? I don't. Much less as vociferously as they are whining that Hunter isn't paying an even greater price for having been a mess, a reprobate, an addict.

But hey, keep sucking up that right wing BS
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:44 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:14 am

He’s his son.

jiminy, how many times do I have to say that I agree that both are serious crimes and he should pay a price no less or greater than others who have committed them? In his case, one would expect that his restitution and cooperation, admitting the crimes, and his remorse, would be taken into account just like with any other defendant. He plead out with same process as any other defendant.

But yes, these are crimes that happen every day in every state of this country (I guess no longer in Florida re gun?) and they bear consequences, as they should.

Is he an ongoing danger, likely to re-commit these crimes? I'd be willing to bet no, and apparently that's the prosecution's perspective as well. Thus they accepted the plea.

But here's the difference, Hunter has admitted his crimes, made restitution on the taxes, and is remorseful - as he should be!...do you see that from ANY of the various criminals in the Trump orbit? I don't. Do you see Trump allies and voters condemning those crimes at all? I don't. Much less as vociferously as they are whining that Hunter isn't paying an even greater price for having been a mess, a reprobate, an addict.

But hey, keep sucking up that right wing BS
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -testimony

And you keep sucking up the left wing BS which apparently you already have. So the agents that were suppose to interview Hunter were ordered to STAND DOWN!! Why would that be MD??? Why would that be?? :roll: I guess this FBI agent was lying too right MD???
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:54 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:34 pm
Pity you don't apply that logic to Biden and other Democratic administrations who you also disliked and didn't vote for. :oops:
Great move by your Dem Anti-Semitic Congressional Caucus to insult the President of Israel when he's visiting our President & addressing a joint session of Congress. Maybe Biden can send Kushner to Israel to mend fences. ...rather than secret negotiations with Iran.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Jist an FYI the Jewish Diaspora for the most part does not like Bengie either. He is in the process, like Trump, of trying to control the State. Public discourse in Israel, as in tge USA has coarsened and become increasingly more bigoted.

Return to “POLITICS”