The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:06 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:23 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:24 am I'm not sure how this is relevant in the context of LGBTQ. I do know that traveling back into the US from Canada can be a miserable experience. My girlfriend and I went to Toronto to see the Phantom of the Opera. It was a great weekend and we had a ton of fun. The problem didn't start until we crossed over into the US of A. We must have looked like real trouble makers. We were directed to the garage on the side of the customs booth. They spent 3 hours digging through our car and letting the drug sniffing dogs do their thing. They found diddly jack chit and failing in their mission pizzed them off to end. We didn't even get a " have a good day" :D I did give them a one fingered salute as we drove off.

This is a discussion that is a non sequitur and is stupid on many levels. The only groups that should be afraid of entering America are Catholics and Republicans. That is true especially if your entering NYS. 8-)
"girlfriend"?
Is that how you refer to your wife, cradle?

The rest is indeed pretty darn stupid, especially how you wrapped it up. Ahh well. Happy Labor Day.
That was back in 1993, before Mrs Cradle. If I ever referred to my wife as my girlfriend I would be in deep doo doo. FTR when you finally get a grasp on sarcasm please let me know. I was being facisious, it sailed right over your head. You are the Sheldon Cooper of this forum. :D
"facisious"

is that fascist or fascistic or...facetious... ;)

Perhaps I should have used a wink emoji.
But interesting that your reference point on the Canadian border is back in the dark ages...as in pre Mrs. Cradle.
Don't blame me for the spelling error, that is an auto correct issue. I now need to double check my phone. The issue at the Canadian border has always been problematic coming into the US of A. It was several years ago we were tailgating at a Bills game. The folks next to us were Canadian Bills fans. It took them 3 hours to get over the bridge. The US Customs folks at that entry point have a well deserved reputation for being huge jerks. That hasn't changed much since 1993. There is no issue heading into Canada, they are not as anal retentive as their American counterparts.
You probably don't remember the outright hostility towards Republicans that exists in NYS. Then governor King Andy went as far as inviting all of them to leave his kingdom. The audacity of any opposition to disagree with the king. :D The dwindling # of Catholics in NYS has more to do with the Catholic Church trying to reinvent Catholism to appease critics. I don't know where these many devout Catholics disappeared to. Many have passed on or just became too disenfranchised from their church. You can always watch the mass for shut ins on Sunday and fulfill your obligation as a devout Catholic. The Catholic Church should try putting signs out side of church saying New and Improved. This ain't your parents Catholic Church anymore. :D
I tried my hardest on both my phone and pc to type facisious without it autocorrecting to facetious or at least getting a squiggly red line under it notifying me that doesn't spell anything, but maybe my devices don't know that spelling. While you're fixing your spell checker you might also want to make sure it's properly addressing contractions. I don't think I've ever seen "you're" in any of your texts when that's what's appropriate. But dispensing with the minor issue....

- I'm surprised that someone so concerned about illegal guns, undocumented aliens, and drugs coming from outside our borders would be so upset with our customs officers doing their jobs, whether that was yesterday or thirty years ago.

- Your last paragraph starts with the seeming inference that you were stopped because customs thought you were Republican and then goes into a bunch of stuff about the former NYS governor and the Catholic church. Was all that stuff meant to be in this thread or were those diatribes meant for somewhere else? I'm failing to see the connections of those comments with this topic.
For crying out loud I was being sarcastic!!! There was no actual connection outside of the fact Catholics and Republicans are becoming extinct in the State of New York. The once thriving Catholic population in my area in Upstate NY is decreasing more everyday. There are barely a small handful of Catholic schools and parishes in existence anymore. When I was young back in the 60s my parish of Holy Rosary had a mass at 8am, 10am and the Latin mass at 11:15. Holy Rosary went the way of the dinosaurs in mid 1990s. I don't see the dwindling population of Catholics as a problem that bothers anyone in particular. In reality it doesn't bother me either. It is the new reality of more and more people who describe themselves as recovering Catholics. Is this disconnection from the church and organized religion a good thing?
You mean when the area was thriving economically…..
Pretty much, the thriving economically ship sailed when Kodak, Xerox and B & L bailed out. They tore down a huge portion of the old KP buildings to save on property taxes. In their prime back in the mid 80s there were roughly 65 thousand employees. That has been whittled down to a few thousand today.
So the SNY didn’t target Catholics to run out of greater Rochester?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:24 am I'm not sure how this is relevant in the context of LGBTQ. I do know that traveling back into the US from Canada can be a miserable experience. My girlfriend and I went to Toronto to see the Phantom of the Opera. It was a great weekend and we had a ton of fun. The problem didn't start until we crossed over into the US of A. We must have looked like real trouble makers. We were directed to the garage on the side of the customs booth. They spent 3 hours digging through our car and letting the drug sniffing dogs do their thing. They found diddly jack chit and failing in their mission pizzed them off to end. We didn't even get a " have a good day" :D I did give them a one fingered salute as we drove off.

This is a discussion that is a non sequitur and is stupid on many levels. The only groups that should be afraid of entering America are Catholics and Republicans. That is true especially if your entering NYS. 8-)
"girlfriend"?

The rest is indeed pretty darn stupid, especially how you wrapped it up. Ahh well. Happy Labor Day.
That was back in 1993, before Mrs Cradle. If I ever referred to my wife as my girlfriend I would be in deep doo doo. FTR when you finally get a grasp on sarcasm please let me know. I was being facisious, it sailed right over your head. You are the Sheldon Cooper of this forum. :D
"facisious"

But interesting that your reference point on the Canadian border is back in the dark ages...as in pre Mrs. Cradle.
Don't blame me for the spelling error, that is an auto correct issue. I now need to double check my phone. The issue at the Canadian border has always been problematic coming into the US of A. It was several years ago we were tailgating at a Bills game. The folks next to us were Canadian Bills fans. It took them 3 hours to get over the bridge. The US Customs folks at that entry point have a well deserved reputation for being huge jerks. That hasn't changed much since 1993. There is no issue heading into Canada, they are not as anal retentive as their American counterparts.
You probably don't remember the outright hostility towards Republicans that exists in NYS. Then governor King Andy went as far as inviting all of them to leave his kingdom. The audacity of any opposition to disagree with the king. :D The dwindling # of Catholics in NYS has more to do with the Catholic Church trying to reinvent Catholism to appease critics. I don't know where these many devout Catholics disappeared to. Many have passed on or just became too disenfranchised from their church. You can always watch the mass for shut ins on Sunday and fulfill your obligation as a devout Catholic. The Catholic Church should try putting signs out side of church saying New and Improved. This ain't your parents Catholic Church anymore. :D
I tried my hardest on both my phone and pc to type facisious without it autocorrecting to facetious or at least getting a squiggly red line under it notifying me that doesn't spell anything, but maybe my devices don't know that spelling. While you're fixing your spell checker you might also want to make sure it's properly addressing contractions. I don't think I've ever seen "you're" in any of your texts when that's what's appropriate. But dispensing with the minor issue....

- I'm surprised that someone so concerned about illegal guns, undocumented aliens, and drugs coming from outside our borders would be so upset with our customs officers doing their jobs, whether that was yesterday or thirty years ago.

- Your last paragraph starts with the seeming inference that you were stopped because customs thought you were Republican and then goes into a bunch of stuff about the former NYS governor and the Catholic church. Was all that stuff meant to be in this thread or were those diatribes meant for somewhere else? I'm failing to see the connections of those comments with this topic.
For crying out loud I was being sarcastic!!! There was no actual connection outside of the fact Catholics and Republicans are becoming extinct in the State of New York. The once thriving Catholic population in my area in Upstate NY is decreasing more everyday. There are barely a small handful of Catholic schools and parishes in existence anymore. When I was young back in the 60s my parish of Holy Rosary had a mass at 8am, 10am and the Latin mass at 11:15. Holy Rosary went the way of the dinosaurs in mid 1990s. I don't see the dwindling population of Catholics as a problem that bothers anyone in particular. In reality it doesn't bother me either. It is the new reality of more and more people who describe themselves as recovering Catholics. Is this disconnection from the church and organized religion a good thing?
:lol: Sorry, dear cradle, but "outside of the fact" is an acknowledgement by you that your comments about Catholics and NY Republicans have NOTHING to do with your experience at the border. Introduction of two topics completely detached from a subject being discussed doesn't make sarcasm. It might be a sign of attention deficit, but it's not sarcasm.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:52 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

:lol: Sorry, dear cradle, but "outside of the fact" is an acknowledgement by you that your comments about Catholics and NY Republicans have NOTHING to do with your experience at the border. Introduction of two topics completely detached from a subject being discussed doesn't make sarcasm. It might be a sign of attention deficit, but it's not sarcasm.
My comments are way outside of your wheelhouse of understanding. Let me rephrase it a little bit. To those of us who have spent our lives working in Upstate NY, no explanation is needed. To all the rest of you... no explanation is possible. Maybe there SC when you figure how to think out of the box we can continue this discussion. This brings back the old upstate NY chicken riggies debate. It's a Utica thing. If your clueless then look it up...it's a Utica thing. Some things are so compartmentalized that folks like you will never get it. I did learn something from the folks on this forum, keep it simple, very very simple. :D
I suppose upon further review my chicken riggies analogy is also outside your wheelhouse. It's an Upstate NY thing. ;) I do wonder where all of those Republicans and Catholics that use to live here in Upstate disappeared to? They all vanished like a fart in the wind.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:08 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

My comments are way outside of your wheelhouse of understanding. Let me rephrase it a little bit. To those of us who have spent our lives working in Upstate NY, no explanation is needed. To all the rest of you... no explanation is possible. Maybe there SC when you figure how to think out of the box we can continue this discussion. This brings back the old upstate NY chicken riggies debate. It's a Utica thing. If your clueless then look it up...it's a Utica thing. Some things are so compartmentalized that folks like you will never get it. I did learn something from the folks on this forum, keep it simple, very very simple. :D
You're right. Your ability to see any connection between your one time experience at the border with Catholicism and NY Republicans is beyond me. Me being a reasonable, logical, and rationale person, I'm happy that I have no clue how you can make those connections.

By the way, I went to college and spent sixteen years thereafter in upstate NY. A roommate while I was a senior was born, raised, and still lives in Utica. His family has a very successful business there, which he has now run for the past few decades. The problem may be you've never been out of your little box.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

It's OK because it wasn't between two people of the same gender, and not in a library.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/laure ... oted-from/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:19 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

You're right. Your ability to see any connection between your one time experience at the border with Catholicism and NY Republicans is beyond me. Me being a reasonable, logical, and rationale person, I'm happy that I have no clue how you can make those connections.

By the way, I went to college and spent sixteen years thereafter in upstate NY. A roommate while I was a senior was born, raised, and still lives in Utica. His family has a very successful business there, which he has now run for the past few decades. The problem may be you've never been out of your little box.
Yes it’s a minimal, narrow and absurdly reductive (incorrectly) perspective and doesn’t know NYS nearly as well as claimed. Been illustrated here many times. But that won’t stop someone from insisting their right when their wrong. Just makes him a bad housewife.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:39 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

Yes it’s a minimal, narrow and absurdly reductive (incorrectly) perspective and doesn’t know NYS nearly as well as claimed. Been illustrated here many times. But that won’t stop someone from insisting their right when their wrong. Just makes him a bad housewife.
Western and Central NY have a long tradition of being Republican strongholds. No one i know had a problem returning to the USA. TBH i grew up in Rochester and went to HS two years in Niagara Falls. We crossed the botder at least once a weak. That was prior to 9/11
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Your algorithm is questionable. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:59 am
:lol: :lol: Your algorithm is questionable. ;)
Targeted
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:14 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

Western and Central NY have a long tradition of being Republican strongholds. No one i know had a problem returning to the USA. TBH i grew up in Rochester and went to HS two years in Niagara Falls. We crossed the botder at least once a weak. That was prior to 9/11
Yeah I made many trips up there myself. Older sister did undergrad at SUNY Potsdam and that trip was even easier for her over the border.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

Your way out of touch my man. Western and Central NY are not Republican strongholds. The Mayors of Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse are all Democrats. Those Republicans who use to make up the Republican base have flown the coop. The only republican stronghold may be Corning and Elmira and chunks of the southern tier. I don't even think Chuck Schumer makes many visits down that way. Maybe to Corning on rare occasions.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:57 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

Your way out of touch my man. Western and Central NY are not Republican strongholds. The Mayors of Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse are all Democrats. Those Republicans who use to make up the Republican base have flown the coop. The only republican stronghold may be Corning and Elmira and chunks of the southern tier. I don't even think Chuck Schumer makes many visits down that way. Maybe to Corning on rare occasions.
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/ ... /new-york/

Those two blue cities make up Central and Western NYS.

:lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:05 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

It is 3 cities there math wiz. And those 3 blue cities actually do represent Western and Central NY. I suppose you could include Utica but then you would need input from Shultz and Dooley... So how do YOU define those republican strongholds of western and central NY. :D
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:05 pm

"girlfriend"?

"facisious"

It is 3 cities there math wiz. And those 3 blue cities actually do represent Western and Central NY. I suppose you could include Utica but then you would need input from Shultz and Dooley... So how do YOU define those republican strongholds of western and central NY. :D
My mistake. I was focused on the two cities that make up Western NYS. I misspoke about the one city that makes up Central New York.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:38 am Canada families pushing back: https://x.com/cosminDZS/status/1704544700710203739?s=20
Canada families pushing right back:

I love that this guy has no self-awareness at all with his divide & conquer sign. :lol: Also God is love. Unless you're gay or trans I guess.

You know you're in good protesting company when the Nazi flags come out.

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:38 am Canada families pushing back: https://x.com/cosminDZS/status/1704544700710203739?s=20
YA, you know better than this.

Pretend you're a kid. And you hear that parents are keeping you from getting information about something.

You have a smartphone. What do you do? Ask Dee Schneider what the "Parental Warning" sticker did for his album sales, my friend.

You guys are worried about books in the age of google. My daughter has known about two dads and two moms since day one in her school. It's a nothing burger when you just casually mention it in class. In her mind, learning about two dads is no different than learning that people in Spain speak Spanish. She nods her head, and moves the F on.

You guys are the one's shining a spotlight on this, and telling kids: "this is taboo". Come on, man.....don't you remember what that does to kids? It makes the MORE interested, not less.

But hey, keep on keepin' on as you like......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:45 pm
YA, you know better than this.

Pretend you're a kid. And you hear that parents are keeping you from getting information about something.

You have a smartphone. What do you do? Ask Dee Schneider what the "Parental Warning" sticker did for his album sales, my friend.

You guys are worried about books in the age of google. My daughter has known about two dads and two moms since day one in her school. It's a nothing burger when you just casually mention it in class. In her mind, learning about two dads is no different than learning that people in Spain speak Spanish. She nods her head, and moves the F on.

You guys are the one's shining a spotlight on this, and telling kids: "this is taboo". Come on, man.....don't you remember what that does to kids? It makes the MORE interested, not less.

But hey, keep on keepin' on as you like......
NIce Twisted Sister pull... :lol:
I think where we disagree is that you are accepting porn material in school b/c they (kids) have access to it with a smartphone....so its no big deal. I see it oppositely, if you are cool with your perspective, then there should be zero concern on your part to not make it available to those in the grey. It's really that simple.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”