Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

Re: Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by wlaxnut »

Your post or the whole thread? I don’t think anybody would protest if you made your post sticky but to do away with everything that everybody’s written on this thread/board. I think there would be some protest about that.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:23 am I'm going to make this post sticky. Let me know if you disagree.
Your post or the whole thread? I don’t think anybody would protest if you made your post sticky but to do away with everything that everybody’s written on this thread/board. I think there would be some protest about that. I certainly wouldn’t want to see that happen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We'd just make this thread always the top thread on the main page.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I missed the memo on nomenclature: what's "sticky" mean?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:29 pm We'd just make this thread always the top thread on the main page.
I don’t know, I’d like to just leave things as they are. When someone makes a new post it will go to the top just like all the others.

What does the exclamation point mean?
DMac

Post by DMac »

admin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:29 pm We'd just make this thread always the top thread on the main page.
Just like on the men's side, I like it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sticky means it always stays at the top of the page. e.g. Some forums will have the forum rules or administrative stuff. Just so it's always there. In this case, I want to make the TV Schedule sticky. This way, you don't have to look for it. It's always on top. like DMac, said, the D1 Men have it that way and like it. thought you all might like it, too.
wlaxnut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:18 pmWhat does the exclamation point mean?
Dunno. Just a design, I think.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For the record, a post-er private messaged us with a "nay" and... We un-stickied it.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

admin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:26 pm For the record, a post-er private messaged us with a "nay" and... We un-stickied it.
🙋🏻‍♂️ That was me, folks.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, what if another post-er PMs you and asks you to re-stick it?
What's the deal wlaxnut, why no TV schedule (that works like a champ on the mlax side) stuck at the top?
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:51 pm Well, what if another post-er PMs you and asks you to re-stick it?
What's the deal wlaxnut, why no TV schedule (that works like a champ on the mlax side) stuck at the top?
This is a slightly condensed draft of what I wrote to the admin:

Regarding making the notable women’s lacrosse games televised a sticky note. I guess it’s just the principle of the thing. Everything works fine on our women’s lacrosse division one board. Why fiddle with it? Why not just leave well enough alone? If it works, don’t fix it. I never go on the men’s side so I don’t know (or care) what it is like over there. I don’t like the idea of having something changed just because that’s how they do it on some other board. I like looking up the website and seeing what has come to the top because somebody has either made a new post or contributed to something from the past. With the change, every time I look up the website I’m going to see that same thing posted up top—whether there is something new posted there or not. I also feel like it isn’t something that was requested, it feels like someone trying to organize something that is fine organized the way it is. That’s just how it strikes me. That’s just how it feels. So, that’s just my two cents. Whoever put up the initial post said, “Let me know if you disagree.” I think it’s been working just fine the way we have had it for months. Why intervene and change it if nobody was complaining? I mean no disrespect and I greatly appreciate all that you guys do to keep this board running. But you said let you know, so hopefully I have done that in a civil and respectful way.
wlaxnut

Ivy, CAA and Big Ten Semifinals - Friday, May 3rd

Post by wlaxnut »

Ivy League

2pm - Penn vs Dartmouth - ESPN+

5pm - Princeton vs Cornell - ESPN+

Good matchups and good rematches. Can't vouch for the broadcast quality but we shall see.

Games to be played at Columbia University in Manhattan, NY
Weather forecast - Cloudy, 50's

CAA

4pm - Elon vs JMU - Lax Sports Network

7pm - Towson vs Hofstra - Lax Sports Network

JMU probably cruises but Towson/Hofstra could be a hotly contested matchup. Depending on the quality of LSN, I'd like to watch this game to see if Parrella can add to her Div 1 leading goal total (82) in a way that propels Hofstra over Towson.

Games to be played at JMU’s Sentara Park in Harrisonburg, Va.
Weather forecast - Thunderstorms could cause delays/postponements

Big Ten

5pm - Penn State vs Maryland - BTN Network

7:30pm - Michigan vs Northwestern - BTN Network

This is the premier event of the day, not just for the matchups but for the always pristine, top shelf broadcast quality. Probably Sheehan and Mark Dixon on the call. Camerawork will be stellar with multiple angle replays, shot clock on screen, good field mic balance and quality. If the dag blasted thunder and lightning can just stay away we'll have ourselves a prime time event.

Games to be played at Homewood Field in Baltimore, MD
Weather forecast - Thunderstorms could cause delays/postponements
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxnut, this is no big deal and I mean no disrespect either. "Sticking" the TV listings/schedule at the top of the page just makes it easier to keep up with what games are coming on. It doesn't have to be done here because it's done like that on the men's side, but it's worked like an absolute champ over there and has just made things easier. Hawkeye has done what I had hoped for for years and listed all games and channels in one spot rather than having to go to team's schedules to see who is playing when and what channel it's on. I've seen a whole lot of games I probably would have missed had he not done that. Same thing here, I greatly appreciate you folks' effort on both sides for making it easier for we, the inept, to keep up with what's going on....this is why it was suggested (thanks seacoaster) that TV listings have its own thread to begin with, so we could find games in one spot rather than having to go to each team's thread/schedule. On the men's side there's a greater liklihood that the TV listing thread can fall out of sight and you know how it goes, out of sight, out of mind. That never happens if it's "stuck" at the top and it reduces the possibility of missing a game. With the little activity we have here on the wlax side the liklihood of it dropping too far is slim, but it still makes it easier if it's always in one spot just like the TV guide was always on the coffee table in the days of yore. It really changes nothing other than the most recent post being on the second line rather than the first, the lastest post/poster still shows up on the Women's D1 thread before you click on.
Again, no biggie, I just don't see how sticking the TV schedule at the top causes any kind of problem at all. Hey, the mlaxers saw that the clock worked like a champ and improved the wlax game so they incorporated one too (yes, I know, it's much deeper than that), change isn't always bad even if it comes from the other side. ;)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I’m good with making this sticky-top.
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

It's a great call to make it sticky.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

How about we vote on ‘er? I’ll graciously defer to the will of the majority. What say ye?

(And I’m fine to yield—vote or no.)
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Good semifinal Ivy league game going on. The camerawork on the broadcast is actually pretty good. Good announcing duo with good field mics. No shot clock on the screen though. Can’t have everything. Penn 10 Dartmouth 9 with 18 minutes left in the second half. On ESPN plus
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Driving down the 10 south of LA. Keep me posted on Penn-Dartmouth!
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:09 pm Driving down the 10 south of LA. Keep me posted on Penn-Dartmouth!
Penn 15 Dartmouth 14 Final
laxorangebookworm

Post by laxorangebookworm »

Decent one going on in the other CAA semifinal between Towson and Hofstra. Both teams fighting for the right to face James Madison and a possible AQ.

4-4 tie a little over 11 minutes left in the half. Game is on Laxsportsnetwork.com.
Game was on a two hour weather delay.

It's a good one, 9-8 Hofstra with about 6 minutes left.

Hofstra wins 11-8. Towson had a really puzzling offense towards the end. Down three and with a man-up and 90 seconds left, the Tigers wasted a tremendous amount of time passing around the perimeter. They finally took a shot with about 25 seconds to go, got the ball back, and...passed it around some more for another 10-15 seconds before Hofstra came up with the ball. No sense of urgency whatsoever.
Last edited by laxorangebookworm on Fri May 03, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”