media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: media matters

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:02 pm Nice job by TWP reporter proving yet again the childish bias. https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/stat ... 81952?s=21
Um. That's in the fashion section. You know that, right?
....and? The point is even the partisanship transfers thru the bowels of TWP to friggen fashion reporters.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:10 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:02 pm Nice job by TWP reporter proving yet again the childish bias. https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/stat ... 81952?s=21
....and? The point is even the partisanship transfers thru the bowels of TWP to friggen fashion reporters.
If she wasn't wearing the coat, they'd criticize here for showing her derriere, to distract from the Xmas decorations.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:18 pm
If she wasn't wearing the coat, they'd criticize here for showing her derriere, to distract from the Xmas decorations.
She and The Donald must have some thin skin...he wears his top coat in July. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:24 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:18 pm
She and The Donald must have some thin skin...he wears his top coat in July. :lol:
Exactly. YA and Salty are looking for something to complain about. Most of the time her outfits do look ridiculous - over dressed like the photo. She has an "elitist" fashion sense. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I REALLY DON'T CARE DO U?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:31 pm I REALLY DON'T CARE DO U?
Assuming the question is directed at me, I care about Melania's wardrobe about as much as YA or Salty, which is to say not at all. :lol:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm
Assuming the question is directed at me, I care about Melania's wardrobe about as much as YA or Salty, which is to say not at all. :lol:
https://www.businessinsider.com/melania ... ion-2018-8
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:40 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm
https://www.businessinsider.com/melania ... ion-2018-8
Didn't catch your original meaning. I recall the incident. She drove people crazy for a few days.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The next time you want to beef about the media and journalism..........read this article from NJ.com on HS football and the ramifications of one loss on two people - the coach and his star quarterback. A compelling, emotional story told by one hell of a sportswriter, Matthew Stanmyre wand his quest to track down two of the major participants in a historic HS football championship in NJ in 1990. Read it and tell me if you are not overcome with emotion and stunned on how one HS sports event changed the lives of two men inexorably forever and how the sporstwriter chased the story down to find the truth of what happened as a result of the loss.

https://projects.nj.com/features/thegam ... ce=twitter

Pulitzer material and writing IMHO.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Kismet wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:44 am The next time you want to beef about the media and journalism..........read this article from NJ.com on HS football and the ramifications of one loss on two people - the coach and his star quarterback. A compelling, emotional story told by one hell of a sportswriter, Matthew Stanmyre wand his quest to track down two of the major participants in a historic HS football championship in NJ in 1990. Read it and tell me if you are not overcome with emotion and stunned on how one HS sports event changed the lives of two men inexorably forever and how the sporstwriter chased the story down to find the truth of what happened as a result of the loss.

https://projects.nj.com/features/thegam ... ce=twitter

Pulitzer material and writing IMHO.
Great -- and sad -- story. As you say, very well written. It should make us reflect on the oversized place that sports occupies in this country. Thanks for posting it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, well written and sad story. I can think of another game a couple decades back that had a devastating ending for many who still turn pale at the mention of it. Pretty sure it was in '09. Hopefully all of those folks will live long and happy lives.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Evidentially CNN does not matter much anymore. Rating are 💩: https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/05/cnn- ... ngs-trump/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:29 pm Evidentially CNN does not matter much anymore. Rating are 💩: https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/05/cnn- ... ngs-trump/
"does not matter much anymore" :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Daily Caller. :roll:

Yup, Fox prime time is devoted to Russian-pushed propaganda and supposed outrages on any topic they can find other than Trump's. No surprise that Fox viewers are desperate to find someone telling them that the other side is 'evil and hates them, but don't worry daddy has your back.'

In my house, two TVs are on 24-7 Fox, but especially watched during prime time. (parent wing and 64-yr old brother-in-law in basement)
Other TVs go on intermittently, mostly CNN, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc.

Chris Wallace does appear on prime time, but as seacoaster's post indicates, he actually tells the truth...less popular with FoxNation!
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Am I the only person that observes that it was an obvious hate crime. Targeting a certain race. But, haven't seen anyone comment about it.
This is in reference to the ridiculous "white privilege " narrative that NYTimes, and others, spew out. Yet, their prominent coverage of hate crime that ended in a Fresh. Barnard college murder belies that very own narrative. Strange. Or pathetic.

Back to the hate crime. Defendents statements make it very clear they were ONLY targeting WHITE people. Ignore away.....
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:22 pm Am I the only person that observes that it was an obvious hate crime. Targeting a certain race. But, haven't seen anyone comment about it.
This is in reference to the ridiculous "white privilege " narrative that NYTimes, and others, spew out. Yet, their prominent coverage of hate crime that ended in a Fresh. Barnard college murder belies that very own narrative. Strange. Or pathetic.

Back to the hate crime. Defendents statements make it very clear they were ONLY targeting WHITE people. Ignore away.....
What are you talking about now?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:25 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:22 pm Am I the only person that observes that it was an obvious hate crime. Targeting a certain race. But, haven't seen anyone comment about it.

What are you talking about now?
who cares
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

For those that may do some critical thinking (some jazz guy ur ;)

do an internet search, with variations, of the following words.

barnard freshman stabbing was a hate crime

murder of insert name of victim a hate crime

you get the point. targeting a specific race is a HATE crime. pretty simple.

The Balt. Sun link points out that idiotic , but beloved, "respected" media outlets are flaming hypocrites . They just are. Scream "white priviledge" and yet, induldge in that very topic.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:30 pm For those that may do some critical thinking (some jazz guy ur ;)

do an internet search, with variations, of the following words.

barnard freshman stabbing was a hate crime

murder of insert name of victim a hate crime

you get the point. targeting a specific race is a HATE crime. pretty simple.

The Balt. Sun link points out that idiotic , but beloved, "respected" media outlets are flaming hypocrites . They just are. Scream "white priviledge" and yet, induldge in that very topic.
:roll:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”