Brown 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
J.S. Carberry

Re: Brown 2019

Post by J.S. Carberry »

InDeoSperamus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 pm Carberry, I will never believe another post you make and I don't believe the last one you made. You say "I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone who heard something" to divert blame away from your own slander. I hear a lot of BS every day and I'm smart enough not to spread it in private let alone in public on the internet. You wont even admit you were spreading a lie when the facts are obviously at conflict with your "hearsay". Instead you say "well blame it on the guy I heard it from in private and not me for posting it anonymously on a public forum".
You knew exactly what you were doing and it was disgusting.
I can show you a screenshot of the text, if you’d like. Congrats on being smart. I’m very impressed! Not smart enough to know what the definition of “slander” is (this would be libel since it is written, if I were defaming a specific person, which I have not done whatsoever) but smart, nonetheless.

I have no idea if it was a lie, which I why I said “there’s no way to verify this.” If it’s true, it’s awful. I think we all hope it isn’t true. It’s certainly possible that the Cornell player in question told a lie, or misinterpreted the story, or exaggerated in the interest of supporting his teammate. We’ll likely never know for sure. I thought it might add some context to the conversation that had been taking place here, and felt comfortable posting what I’d heard since no players had been identified other than the obvious ones (Teat, who received the penalty; and Petterson, who was visibly restrained after screaming threats and expletives).

I have nothing else to say about the matter unless new information emerges, but I’ll be sure not to engage with you on here anymore, at the risk of offending you further.
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

Again Carberry, you refuse to apologize for spreading a lie that made false and damaging statements about a person/group (the definition of slander). Teat does not have a sister so there is no way anything you allege (or allege your friend of a friend alleges) could possibly be true.
Or are you now going to make up a sibling for him too?
The mistake was not the text you received, it was you posting that garbage anonymously publicly on the internet. The slander is not the private text, it is the public statement.
Your inability to admit your error and simply apologize says everything I need to know about you.
I will never believe another post you make.
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

You keep saying you’ll never believe another post I make as if that should have any sort of impact to me. It doesn’t. Nor does your high horse routine. You’re clearly upset at the thought of a Brown player acting in poor taste, and you’re turning that into a crusade against me.

Believe me: I don’t care about your opinion of me. Have a nice life.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

J.S. Carberry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am A friend of mine is close to the family of a Cornell player. That Cornell player said a Brown player went too far when chirping Teat from the sideline, mentioning something about his sister, who has a terminal illness (I hadn’t heard about that before, so I don’t know any of the details). Teat snapped; in a rage, he charged at the Brown player, leading to that big sideline mess. I don’t know if most of the other players or coaches knew what was happening, but Petterson clearly did, and was sticking up for his teammate.
Teat has no sister, but Petterson has a younger sister. They have been friends and teammates for many years.
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

Gobigred wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:57 pm Teat has no sister
Yes, which is exactly why the hearsay allegation Carberry made is a lie.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

InDeoSperamus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:06 pm
You left out my second sentence, and that may be relevant to this situation. A name mix-up in the retelling, perhaps?
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

Gobigred wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:10 pm
InDeoSperamus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:06 pm
You left out my second sentence, and that may be relevant to this situation. A name mix-up in the retelling, perhaps?
Nope. Not leaving anything relevant out either. Teat was the one who went into the Brown bench not Petterson. Petterson was pulling him off and only got involved in some shoving near the end when it was heated and I'm sure both sides were threatening to kill the other at that time. Several people saw and heard the whole thing including the referee who was right there and immediately threw the flag.
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

I think we would all benefit from letting this go. If anything this vulgar occurred (which would be quite shocking) it will surely be dealt with appropriately by the League or ADs. On the old LaxPower the moderators surely would’ve shut this down immediately. If there is any truth to this, and it were my family that had an ill child, I certainly would not want a bunch of grown men anonymously fighting about it online.
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

Sting The Corner wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:23 pm I think we would all benefit from letting this go. If anything this vulgar occurred (which would be quite shocking) it will surely be dealt with appropriately by the League or ADs. On the old LaxPower the moderators surely would’ve shut this down immediately. If there is any truth to this, and it were my family that had an ill child, I certainly would not want a bunch of grown men anonymously fighting about it online.
Agree and if I were a Brown player, coach, parent or alum I wouldn't want anyone making the false statements that have been made here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

J.S. Carberry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am I’d rather not stir the pot, but I feel as though I should share this.... I hadn’t heard about that before, so I don’t know any of the details... This is all word-of-mouth, so there’s no way to verify it...
As a general rule, if your post includes any of these statements, don't post it. Also, for the record, the facts shared do not corroborate the story. In other words, the story sounds like nonsense.

[Original post edited. Referee just issuing a warning.]
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

admin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:23 pm
J.S. Carberry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am I’d rather not stir the pot, but I feel as though I should share this.... I hadn’t heard about that before, so I don’t know any of the details... This is all word-of-mouth, so there’s no way to verify it...
As a general rule, if your post includes any of these statements, don't post it. Also, for the record, the facts shared do not corroborate the story. In other words, the story sounds like nonsense.

[Original post edited. Referee just issuing a warning.]

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

I don’t feel safe
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

DALaxDad wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 am I don’t feel safe

The two involved should take it over to the Columbia men's thread. It needs some energy. "Anger is an energy."- J. Lydon
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Good one. :mrgreen:
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

I like how hard this team plays. Even the effort running to the box is impressive. Not too many teams you'll see guys diving for balls down by 4 with 10 seconds to go like this weekend.
gobruno

Post by gobruno »

Brown player coming off took questionable route through box to sideline,turning shoulder into Cornell player at last second.Shoving (and i imagine banter)immediately ensued.Thats what I saw,can't comment on what verbal sparring took place.Kudos to site admin for shutting down prior speculation.Hope this helps.In Deo Speramus
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

No good reason for any player to ever charge the opponent’s bench. None. Isn’t this the same player who was Canadian national news last summer for almost shutting down the Minto Cup by making over the top threats to a referee? Penalty was deserved, assessed and served. Not sure why anything else matters. It’s over. Time to move on.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

thetruth wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:31 pm Penalty was deserved, assessed and served. Not sure why anything else matters. It’s over. Time to move on.
Then why bring up the Minto Cup? But otherwise agree.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

We're on to Bryant. Go Bears.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Nice Tues win. Ocean State Cup back on East Side. With win at Dart, odds highly in our favor.
From CU77:

Next week, HvY is now irrelevant to the ILT. Here are the remaining scenarios:

B>D C>Pr: Pe,Y,C,B
B>D Pr>C: Pe,Y,(B,C,Pr)*

D>B C>Pr: Pe,Y,C,B
D>B Pr>C: Pe,Y,Pr,C

* depends on Princeton's margin of victory (capped at 6 max) over Cornell:

MOV = 1,2: C,B
MOV = 3,4,5: B,Pr (corrected from earlier mistake on MOV=3 case)
MOV = 6: Pr,C (corrected from earlier mistake)
Remember, Pton won last year in Jersey, 14-6 or 14-8. First 'Teat Shut Off' game.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”