Potential New Top 20

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PizzaSnake

Re: Potential New Top 20

Post by PizzaSnake »

rolldodge wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:02 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:03 pm
HGK wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:27 am No axe but I’ll bet you a Philly Cheesesteak on Penn winning! But think it will be a battle.
Make it a pizzasnake and you’re on.🤪

Bonus points if you know that is…
The South Street Challenge?
West Philly.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:59 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:02 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:03 pm
HGK wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:27 am No axe but I’ll bet you a Philly Cheesesteak on Penn winning! But think it will be a battle.
Make it a pizzasnake and you’re on.🤪

Bonus points if you know that is…
The South Street Challenge?
West Philly.
Ah yes. South street challenge is the Pizza Steak.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Ok, my new top25. No disrespect to Rutgers as Maryland is in a different world, and has a team for the ages.
1. Maryland
2. Georgetown
3. Cornell
4. Princeton
5. Yale
6. Virginia
7. Rutgers
8. Jacksonville
9. Army
10. Notre Dame
11. Ohio State
12. Penn
13. St. Joseph's
14. Harvard
15. Lehigh
16. Denver
17. Duke
18. North Carolina
19. Boston Uni.
20. Brown
21. Loyola
22. Richmond
23. Stony Brook
24. Utah
25. Villanova
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
DMac

Post by DMac »

Uh oh. Shoulda waited til tomorrow evening to do that, jw, that's got jinx written all over it.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:40 pm Uh oh. Shoulda waited til tomorrow evening to do that, jw, that's got jinx written all over it.
Yeah, I know, and as I said before, NO ONE is more superstitious than joewillie78, BUT if the Big Red can beat a Joewillie78 jinx, tomorrow night, then they really are legit. Also, I wanted to rank them #3 this week and if I wait until after tomorrow night's game, I might not get that chance.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

I watched Joe Wille Namath a few times Live. Like your top 25 except for excluding Towson who beat Loyola by 3, not really even close. They are starting to play as a team, and will be dangerous down the road. Handled top 20 U mass yesterday. Never were behind. I would fairly slot them in at 22/23, but 100 percent in front of Loyola. Schedule is a gauntlet, unlike some ranked in top 25.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Neverplaydown wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm I watched Joe Wille Namath a few times Live. Like your top 25 except for excluding Towson who beat Loyola by 3, not really even close. They are starting to play as a team, and will be dangerous down the road. Handled top 20 U mass yesterday. Never were behind. I would fairly slot them in at 22/23, but 100 percent in front of Loyola. Schedule is a gauntlet, unlike some ranked in top 25.
Say what you want about Namath, but NO QB ever could release the football like that dude. His release was absolutely perfect and the only ones since that could compare was Marino, and believe it or not, Jeff George.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'd put Marino at the top but that's not to say Joe Willie didn't have a mighty fine and quick release too.
Yes, I know, the man in green aint buyin' none of that. ;)
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:07 am
Neverplaydown wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:35 pm I watched Joe Wille Namath a few times Live. Like your top 25 except for excluding Towson who beat Loyola by 3, not really even close. They are starting to play as a team, and will be dangerous down the road. Handled top 20 U mass yesterday. Never were behind. I would fairly slot them in at 22/23, but 100 percent in front of Loyola. Schedule is a gauntlet, unlike some ranked in top 25.
Say what you want about Namath, but NO QB ever could release the football like that dude. His release was absolutely perfect and the only ones since that could compare was Marino, and believe it or not, Jeff George.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Jeff George had insane arm talent, but just wasted it. The old adage million dollar arm, ten cent head, was right on point with him. What a gift, just wasted on that guy.

But also, can't forget how Michael Vick could just flick his wrist and throw the ball 60 yards in the air. That guy had a sick release as well.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:16 am I'd put Marino at the top but that's not to say Joe Willie didn't have a mighty fine and quick release too.
Yes, I know, the man in green aint buyin' none of that. ;)
Joe Willie looked much much better in fur and sunglasses
than just about anyone - certainly Marino.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wouldn't argue with that but that's not to say Dan wasn't a mighty pretty boy too.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

PulpExposure wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:16 am
joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:07 am
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Jeff George had insane arm talent, but just wasted it. The old adage million dollar arm, ten cent head, was right on point with him. What a gift, just wasted on that guy.

But also, can't forget how Michael Vick could just flick his wrist and throw the ball 60 yards in the air. That guy had a sick release as well.
PE,
No question. I remember watching George one game just absolutely flick his wrist on a pass, the thing was a frozen rope, about 50 yards and never got more than 10 feet above the ground. That release with that arm strength was freakish. Too bad about his demons.
GOBIGREDJoewillie78s
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:40 pm Uh oh. Shoulda waited til tomorrow evening to do that, jw, that's got jinx written all over it.
Now, since they beat the "Joewillie78" jinx, and because I am so superstitious, that now I will be forced to post my top25, before important Cornell games.
It will add to my others, like sitting in the exact same spot, wearing the exact same clothes and hat, having the exact same meal etc.
You know what though, I have found that my superstitions work great with great teams like Cornell, but fail miserably with my beloved NY JETS. Hmmm........
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:15 pm Wouldn't argue with that but that's not to say Dan wasn't a mighty pretty boy too.
Isotoners
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

joewillie78 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:47 am
Now, since they beat the "Joewillie78" jinx, and because I am so superstitious, that now I will be forced to post my top25, before important Cornell games.
It will add to my others, like sitting in the exact same spot, wearing the exact same clothes and hat, having the exact same meal etc.
You know what though, I have found that my superstitions work great with great teams like Cornell, but fail miserably with my beloved NY JETS. Hmmm........
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I'm bettin' you were thinkin' of me during much of this game though. ;)
Am much the same with the same seats, etc...don't go quite as far as you though.
Didn't go to this one, been under the weather for a few days, wasn't in
my same seat, that's why Cornell won.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:26 am
joewillie78 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:47 am
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I'm bettin' you were thinkin' of me during much of this game though. ;)
Am much the same with the same seats, etc...don't go quite as far as you though.
Didn't go to this one, been under the weather for a few days, wasn't in
my same seat, that's why Cornell won.
Sorry to hear your a little under the weather, and YES, your so called jinx was on my mind all night.

Funny, when it started, I was like OK, quick turnaround and they will be blown out.
Then I said, huh, good for the Red for not quitting and making it a game.
Then I said, damn, the Big Red can win this thing.
Then I had my heart attack, when they won in OT.
Just another in the long line of Cuse/Cornell classics.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, was never comfortable with the lead because it's Cuse lax 2022, although they did show that they can play with the upper echelon teams when they put it together and are focused. A six or seven goal lead disappears fairly quickly particularly when one team is just better than the other. Cuse wlaxers down 9-2 at the end of 1 v Duke. 12-8 at the half. Cuse wins it 18-16. Cuse is just the better team, took 'em a while to get rolling. This one wasn't much different.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cuse should never have given up that goal with 28 seconds left. Crease d man didn’t need to slide to ball IMO.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU77

Post by CU77 »

In the time-out before, TV showed Petro giving instructions to the Cuse D. I'm curious what those of you who've played D thought of those. To me (just a fan, never a player) they sounded confusing, but I'd like to know what actual players think.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”