Maryland 2022 National Champions

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PulpExposure

Re: Maryland 2022

Post by PulpExposure »

Seahawk wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:55 pm FWIW. The UMD football stats show Dante Trader, perhaps a two sport player as a lax midfielder, had five tackles yesterday as a DB.
Yesterday's game was a blowout so lots of backups got playing time. BUT Trader is there on a football scholarship...I think most of us expect he won't actually play lax for us.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:57 pm
Didn't Rambo get shut out in the championship game? Not a generational player. Hahn and Wipple were better.
Rambo had 1 goal, 1 assist in the championship game. Not the greatest game he had, but definitely not shut out. Also a strong reason why Maryland won their first championship in men's lacrosse in forever, was a multiple all american, held Maryland's goals and points records when he retired....and he was the first Terp male to win a Tewaaraton.

Not generational? Okay. If you say so!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PulpExposure wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:22 pm
Didn't Rambo get shut out in the championship game? Not a generational player. Hahn and Wipple were better.
Rambo had 1 goal, 1 assist in the championship game. Not the greatest game he had, but definitely not shut out. Also a strong reason why Maryland won their first championship in men's lacrosse in forever, was a multiple all american, held Maryland's goals and points records when he retired....and he was the first Terp male to win a Tewaaraton.

That was part of some insane stretch by that guy last night. Rambo is one of the few #1 ranked kids I can recall to really live up to such hype. Many are good but few came in withthose expectations and made it happen like he did in his college career. Admittedly it took until his senior year for me to be a true believer, but he's a generational type. I thought Joe Walters was criminally underrated however.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:40 pm

That was part of some insane stretch by that guy last night. Rambo is one of the few #1 ranked kids I can recall to really live up to such hype. Many are good but few came in withthose expectations and made it happen like he did in his college career. Admittedly it took until his senior year for me to be a true believer, but he's a generational type. I thought Joe Walters was criminally underrated however.
Wasn’t schellenberger #1 for the 2020s? And O’Neill certainly seems to be the real deal. But plenty of years left for those two to cement their legacies.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NYterp09 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:44 pm

Wasn’t schellenberger #1 for the 2020s? And O’Neill certainly seems to be the real deal. But plenty of years left for those two to cement their legacies.
Thinking over last 10-20yrs in general not kids still in school.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Yeah...but if you remember, he wasn't the #1 recruit that year. He was #2 to Jordan Evans of Syracuse. Bet that's one they'd like to have back.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

PulpExposure wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:20 pm

Yeah...but if you remember, he wasn't the #1 recruit that year. He was #2 to Jordan Evans of Syracuse. Bet that's one they'd like to have back.
That's one of the points of this discussion that fell way off the rails thanks to a drunk JHU fan....Rambo, and the other #1's since the honor was instituted, earned their jerseys based on their college production, not as a recruiting gimmick.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Forgot they were same class but Evans makes my point. In fairness generational probably shouldn’t be one in every class anyway I suppose. More that he lived up to the hype and then some.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

keno in reno wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:20 am

That's one of the points of this discussion that fell way off the rails thanks to a drunk JHU fan....Rambo, and the other #1's since the honor was instituted, earned their jerseys based on their college production, not as a recruiting gimmick.
You have to admit it worked with the Powell’s though.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

points smoints......Rambo had a tremendous game. Rode like a banshee, creating them there TO's

more to this game than just scoring goals.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 am

Absolutely. It worked great for a long time, really until the program itself declined. Which was due to much more than just a single player or jersey.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

keno in reno wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:54 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 am

Absolutely. It worked great for a long time, really until the program itself declined. Which was due to much more than just a single player or jersey.
Soem think it’s tied to the decline of section 3 and upstate in general but I don’t buy that. The comment about Rambo riding was point at, Cuse looks like they expect to be there the last few years the way the last few GTown Urick teams preened around the field. Less Lavelles and Mirabitos (and Joel whites and Merrill’s and more Evans and Broncaccios.

But I wouldn’t write Cuse off with a new coach and personally think next years class is more legit than many of last decades highly rated Hop classes but we will see. I mean they aren’t worse off than Cottle last few teams when Tillman came it and time moves top programs.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Does anyone know the ratio of Terps lax players playing "pro" box, vs other college teams?

NLL season and training camp is starting.......wonder if any Terps are trying out for the new Vegas team.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Was listening to a Hobart lacrosse podcast recently and knew of a smaller knee injury but apparently Eric Holden deferred shoulder surgery to ride the season out. Not as though it necessarily would’ve made a difference but didn’t realize how banged up he was going into the season and shame he couldn’t have been full strength, you never know.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 am Does anyone know the ratio of Terps lax players playing "pro" box, vs other college teams?

NLL season and training camp is starting.......wonder if any Terps are trying out for the new Vegas team.
I can only think of 5 Terps playing box. Rambo, Dunn, Cole, IDA and Kelly.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:36 am Was listening to a Hobart lacrosse podcast recently and knew of a smaller knee injury but apparently Eric Holden deferred shoulder surgery to ride the season out. Not as though it necessarily would’ve made a difference but didn’t realize how banged up he was going into the season and shame he couldn’t have been full strength, you never know.
Yeah he got his injuries at the wrong time and never really got right. But I'm glad he was able to make an impact and make some plays later in the year. Wish he could have got the championship he wanted but alas.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jrn19 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:57 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:36 am Was listening to a Hobart lacrosse podcast recently and knew of a smaller knee injury but apparently Eric Holden deferred shoulder surgery to ride the season out. Not as though it necessarily would’ve made a difference but didn’t realize how banged up he was going into the season and shame he couldn’t have been full strength, you never know.
Yeah he got his injuries at the wrong time and never really got right. But I'm glad he was able to make an impact and make some plays later in the year. Wish he could have got the championship he wanted but alas.
Coach R said he was happy he “showed up” and while I wouldn’t expect otherwise he earned respect of Tillman and the program for himself and apparently a little rubbed off onto Bart-put us on the schedule we need to toughen up with some character building top 5 games and for the most part that hasn’t been Cuse or Cornell last half dozen years or so even if our record in those games aren’t great. (2019 Cornell and 2020 Cuse were pretty good games, beat Cornell in 17 but who didn’t, last win against Cuse was 2013).
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Former Maryland Men’s Lacrosse Players Continue to Find Success Together in Premier Lacrosse League

https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article ... se-league/
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

So Steven named Maryland as #1 and listed DeMaio as returning. Don’t believe their been officially word on his return.
1. MARYLAND
2021 record: 15-1 (10-0 Big Ten)

Last seen: Falling a goal short of overtime and two goals short of an unblemished season with a Memorial Day loss to Virginia.

Initial forecast: Unfortunately for the Terrapins, the cheat code known as Jared Bernhardt (71 goals, 28 assists) is out of lacrosse eligibility. The good news? Their other five offensive starters are back, as well as a pair of starting defensemen, two key short stick defensive midfielders and goalie Logan McNaney. This scenario — one with Logan Wisnauskas (41 goals, 31 assists), Daniel Maltz (40 goals, 10 assists), Anthony DeMaio (24 goals, 19 assists), Bubba Fairman (19 goals, seven assists) and Kyle Long (16 goals, 28 assists) still around — has to be comforting. Adding in Keegan Khan (26 goals, 32 assists at Villanova) and Jonathan Donville (13 goals, seven assists in five games at Cornell in 2020) means Maryland is arguably deeper than last season. It’s a scary thought for a program that reached the semifinals in eight of the last 10 NCAA tournaments. That’s the virtually metronomic standard in College Park, and one the Terps has the roster to meet again this spring.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

LeadingEDGEHS standout faceoff middie Sean Creter (@HC_Lax) verbals to Maryland.

Powerful and quick, Creter had 26 goals and 32 points this spring and won 76% at the stripe. Very athletic and skilled.

https://twitter.com/natlaxfed/status/14 ... 21317?s=21

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”