Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by jrn19 »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:08 pm So how about this … give them some time. Not making any excuses but since you brought it up about Benus and Sally. I would say that Benus is rusty since he was not in school last semester. We know what he can do when he gets back into lax shape. Not sure how many days of practice Sally had at Richmond but he’s new too. Like you said it will be intense at practice

Defense in disarray? You can’t pin it all on one Unit. The game is a total team effort - rope unit, defense, offense, net tending…You gotta score when you have the rock. Protect it too. When you’re down 8-0 it tells me to look at everything. How do all of the pieces fit and work together.

We haven’t even started the season and there’s grumbling. It’s a long season or did we not learn anything last year.

I’m not going to repeat myself. You can look up my posts from last year when some folks were suggesting to burn down what we had and start over. The Coaches and players had faith, van Arsdale Tinkered with his lineup, and the goalie got hot. It’s gonna happen again. You can either be patient and enjoy the game or complain and moan and pull your hair out. Your choice
He...didn't seem to be complaining or moaning? Not going to speak for him but seemed to be a pretty level-headed and fair analysis of what the issues were in the two scrimmages. Which are obviously just scrimmages and don't necessarily portend anything good or bad for the season. But it wasn't some sky is falling, just what happened and I mean, yeah, if they were down 8-0 to Cuse at least for that scrimmage the defense was having some issues
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

jrn19 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:46 pm
NovaHound wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:08 pm So how about this … give them some time. Not making any excuses but since you brought it up about Benus and Sally. I would say that Benus is rusty since he was not in school last semester. We know what he can do when he gets back into lax shape. Not sure how many days of practice Sally had at Richmond but he’s new too. Like you said it will be intense at practice

Defense in disarray? You can’t pin it all on one Unit. The game is a total team effort - rope unit, defense, offense, net tending…You gotta score when you have the rock. Protect it too. When you’re down 8-0 it tells me to look at everything. How do all of the pieces fit and work together.

We haven’t even started the season and there’s grumbling. It’s a long season or did we not learn anything last year.

I’m not going to repeat myself. You can look up my posts from last year when some folks were suggesting to burn down what we had and start over. The Coaches and players had faith, van Arsdale Tinkered with his lineup, and the goalie got hot. It’s gonna happen again. You can either be patient and enjoy the game or complain and moan and pull your hair out. Your choice
He...didn't seem to be complaining or moaning? Not going to speak for him but seemed to be a pretty level-headed and fair analysis of what the issues were in the two scrimmages. Which are obviously just scrimmages and don't necessarily portend anything good or bad for the season. But it wasn't some sky is falling, just what happened and I mean, yeah, if they were down 8-0 to Cuse at least for that scrimmage the defense was having some issues
And you missed my point too. 8-0?? What’s the offense doing? Eating Bon bons? It’s a team effort.
Last edited by NovaHound on Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:54 pm

And you missed my point too. Can’t help you. It’s a team effort.
Of course it is, which he literally mentioned when he said that part of the reason it was 8-0 was because they couldn't clear. Seems like you are missing the point
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

jrn19 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Of course it is, which he literally mentioned when he said that part of the reason it was 8-0 was because they couldn't clear. Seems like you are missing the point
Fair Point😊
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

loyola2025 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:45 am I am excited for this year for the Greyhounds. In full disclosure, my son is on the team and I am hoping for him to get an opportunity. I know it is tough with such an experienced team. But I will say the reason my son chose Loyola was because of the coaching staff.

Yesterdays scrimmage, did not start out very well, it was 8-0 SU before Loyola got on the board. As Laxbro said, we struggled at FOGO and on D. THey did use the 10 man ride, and the SSDMs turned the ball over, which led to many of the Cuse goals.

The coaching staff just needs to find the right mix. I think if we go 3-3 the first 6 games we are looking good. I am so looking to see them next weekend. Any word on weather?

Your boy chose right and also for the right reasons. Charlie is great as is the staff.

The fan base is great too. The stadium gets more crowded as the spring temperatures soar.

This team has tons of potential. They’ll get it together at the right time. Just have trust even if the first few games don’t turn out perfectly. You’ll see.

Welcome to Loyola!!
lorin

Post by lorin »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:05 pm
loyola2025 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:45 am I am excited for this year for the Greyhounds. In full disclosure, my son is on the team and I am hoping for him to get an opportunity. I know it is tough with such an experienced team. But I will say the reason my son chose Loyola was because of the coaching staff.

Yesterdays scrimmage, did not start out very well, it was 8-0 SU before Loyola got on the board. As Laxbro said, we struggled at FOGO and on D. THey did use the 10 man ride, and the SSDMs turned the ball over, which led to many of the Cuse goals.

The coaching staff just needs to find the right mix. I think if we go 3-3 the first 6 games we are looking good. I am so looking to see them next weekend. Any word on weather?

Your boy chose right and also for the right reasons. Charlie is great as is the staff.

The fan base is great too. The stadium gets more crowded as the spring temperatures soar.

This team has tons of potential. They’ll get it together at the right time. Just have trust even if the first few games don’t turn out perfectly. You’ll see.

Welcome to Loyola!!
So you think because it happened last year , the same thing will happen this year?
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:02 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Fair Point😊
All good! :D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

lorin wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:27 pm

Welcome to Loyola!!
So you think because it happened last year , the same thing will happen this year?

Coaching staff is best in the country. They’ll get it right. Have faith.
loyola2025

Post by loyola2025 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:38 pm

Welcome to Loyola!!

My son choose Loyola. But from a parent perspective coach Toomey made my wife and I very comfortable. The visit was so different than all the others. I felt that you can trust him to do what is best for your child. I am excited to see the team play next weekend
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

loyola2025 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:10 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:38 pm

Welcome to Loyola!!

My son choose Loyola. But from a parent perspective coach Toomey made my wife and I very comfortable. The visit was so different than all the others. I felt that you can trust him to do what is best for your child. I am excited to see the team play next weekend

Me too, though I don’t live nearby.

Face offs are my one and only real concern. Going to need Bailey to find another gear, but I have faith in Pacheco and Cottone. Just need to match up with whoever we are facing.

It’s a brutal schedule, no easy outs anywhere. The key thing will be to stay healthy before the PL heats up.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:05 pm

Supposed to be nice. About 50 degrees.
Saturday's forecast now says 57 degrees, no rain!

When the schedule was published, my first thought was how cool it is to be renewing the MD rivalry, and with the season opener at that! Immediately after that though, I thought about how cold February 12th might be. :roll: Gotta love the spring-like forecast!

Can't wait to see this game! Go Hounds!

Oh, and for those lamenting our scrimmage performances, just remember that we're still 0-0. :D
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

GreyingHound wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:00 pm

When the schedule was published, my first thought was how cool it is to be renewing the MD rivalry, and with the season opener at that! Immediately after that though, I thought about how cold February 12th might be. :roll: Gotta love the spring-like forecast!

Oh, and for those lamenting our scrimmage performances, just remember that we're still 0-0. :D
The weather looks fantastic. I’ll be traveling in for the game
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:03 pm

If the weather holds, I may be making the Towson Hopkins game friday night and Loyola Maryland game saturday...What a way to start the lacrosse season.

I like our odds against Maryland, Everyone picking us to lose, two un inspiring scrimmages, a great way to come out and shock the lacrosse world.
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

Guys, everyone needs to remember these are just scrimmages. For all we know some guys didn’t play, some guys may not have been properly motivated, or maybe Syracuse is national championship level team. All that we know is that this team returns all of the pieces for a squad that should have been in the final 4 last year. We are very good at every position, top to bottom. All of that to go along w arguably the best staff in the country. Maryland will surely be a stiff test, but don’t be surprised if the hounds go down and steal one in college park. It can be hard for a team composed of seniors/5th years to really get up for meaningless preseason scrimmages. Wish some folks on here would have a little more faith.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Laxfan01 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:32 pm Guys, everyone needs to remember these are just scrimmages. For all we know some guys didn’t play, some guys may not have been properly motivated, or maybe Syracuse is national championship level team. All that we know is that this team returns all of the pieces for a squad that should have been in the final 4 last year. We are very good at every position, top to bottom. All of that to go along w arguably the best staff in the country. Maryland will surely be a stiff test, but don’t be surprised if the hounds go down and steal one in college park. It can be hard for a team composed of seniors/5th years to really get up for meaningless preseason scrimmages. Wish some folks on here would have a little more faith.
I like your style. Ditto.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

laxbro11 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:26 pm
Laxfan#1969 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:03 pm

If the weather holds, I may be making the Towson Hopkins game friday night and Loyola Maryland game saturday...What a way to start the lacrosse season.

I like our odds against Maryland, Everyone picking us to lose, two un inspiring scrimmages, a great way to come out and shock the lacrosse world.
Good idea. I’m flying in and I may try and catch that bonus game Friday night. Why not?!?
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -was/58882

Starting to think some IL staff read these message boards because parts of the write-up harp exactly what we’ve been discussing for the past two weeks and even last year 😂
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Is there a game thread?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:36 am https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -was/58882

Starting to think some IL staff read these message boards because parts of the write-up harp exactly what we’ve been discussing for the past two weeks and even last year 😂
IL does read this board
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:36 am Is there a game thread?
Not yet but feel free to make one! Or I could make one
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”