Would clearer rules regarding “trollish” behavior on the Politics sub-forum be conducive to productive discourse?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: Would clearer rules regarding “trollish” behavior on the Politics sub-forum be conducive to productive discourse?

Post by PizzaSnake »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:18 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:05 pm Tenterhooks, anyone?
What does the expression on tenterhooks mean?
Tenterhooks were used in the process of making woollen cloth. The saying 'to be on tenterhooks' originated from this method of controlled drying, used to mean being in a state of uneasiness, anxiety, or suspense.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Re: Would clearer rules regarding “trollish” behavior on the Politics sub-forum be conducive to productive discourse?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ah, thought it was possibly something in that vein. Oh you haven’t been around enough I can be, shall we say pugnacious and contentious at times

(read belligerent with a touch of “he thinks a little too much like the Marquis De Sade” on the side)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:53 pm Ah, thought it was possibly something in that vein. Oh you haven’t been around enough I can be, shall we say pugnacious and contentious at times

(read belligerent with a touch of “he thinks a little too much like the Marquis De Sade” on the side)
was pizza referring to you or to salty?

a tad tetchy...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Presumed it was our interaction which is hardly the most adjective laden debate we’ve had ever.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:53 pm Ah, thought it was possibly something in that vein. Oh you haven’t been around enough I can be, shall we say pugnacious and contentious at times

a tad tetchy...
Actually I was referring to how careful posters were being, as though they aren’t sure of how to proceed. Not aimed at anyone; just a general observation.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a tad tetchy...
what's with the lower case? you trolling me?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D
wgdsr wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:37 am

a tad tetchy...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 pm :D

a tad tetchy...
and now ffg.
and defensible. sly, mdlax. the irony.
where are the mods?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Que? (Es La Verdad)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 pm :D

a tad tetchy...
and now ffg.
and defensible. sly, mdlax. the irony.
where are the mods?
ahhh, that I was so clever...

Return to “POLITICS”