The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am Don't get me wrong, President Biden gave out an abundance of specifics.
He is talking about FINALLY executing the massive infrastructure bill. If he ACTUALLY does this, and it's ACTUALLY a real bill used to modernize American Infrastructure-----roads, bridges, dams, electrical and internet grid------Biden will be my favorite President of the last 20 years.

We'll see. The devil is most certainly in the details. But I said a month ago that if Biden did just this one thing in four years? I'd be over the moon happy.

He has to pass the bill. And it has to be real, and not just corrupt fluff. I'm skeptical, to say the least. We are in DESPERATE need of infrastructure spending.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am Don't get me wrong, President Biden gave out an abundance of specifics.
He is talking about FINALLY executing the massive infrastructure bill. If he ACTUALLY does this, and it's ACTUALLY a real bill used to modernize American Infrastructure-----roads, bridges, dams, electrical and internet grid------Biden will be my favorite President of the last 20 years.

We'll see. The devil is most certainly in the details. But I said a month ago that if Biden did just this one thing in four years? I'd be over the moon happy.

He has to pass the bill. And it has to be real, and not just corrupt fluff. I'm skeptical, to say the least. We are in DESPERATE need of infrastructure spending.
We have been in dire need of just bridgework in this country. Infrastructure investment generates a real return. Hopefully it passes.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

+1, I could not agree with you more. He has to pass the bill. The devil is in the details. I know King Andy wants to build a new tunnel over into Jersey. What a bargain, just a handful of billions for starters. How long will the list be of governors from 50 states standing in line waiting for the billions for their infrastructure projects? That is the problem with any budget, where do you spend the money that gives you the biggest bang for the buck? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:30 pm

+1, I could not agree with you more. He has to pass the bill. The devil is in the details. I know King Andy wants to build a new tunnel over into Jersey. What a bargain, just a handful of billions for starters. How long will the list be of governors from 50 states standing in line waiting for the billions for their infrastructure projects? That is the problem with any budget, where do you spend the money that gives you the biggest bang for the buck? :roll:
The federal money leverages state and local money.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 pm

We have been in dire need of just bridgework in this country. Infrastructure investment generates a real return. Hopefully it passes.
+1 agree with you 100%. The problem is how do you prioritize 50 years of infrastructure neglect over 50 states? Here in Rochester a few years ago we had an interstate overpass that was dropping chunks of concrete on to the cars traveling underneath the bridge. it took getting our US Congress representative involved until the bridge was rebuilt. The problem is so bad but it takes the influence of powerful politicians to correct problems that state and local governments just can't deal with. It takes money and resources that are just not always available.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 pm

+1 agree with you 100%. The problem is how do you prioritize 50 years of infrastructure neglect over 50 states? Here in Rochester a few years ago we had an interstate overpass that was dropping chunks of concrete on to the cars traveling underneath the bridge. it took getting our US Congress representative involved until the bridge was rebuilt. The problem is so bad but it takes the influence of powerful politicians to correct problems that state and local governments just can't deal with. It takes money and resources that are just not always available.
It is already happening in the DMV, many bridge/overpasses being renovated along 495 Beltway, a brand new South Captiol Street Bridge is nearing completion, major renovation at Reagan National Airport. Those shovel ready jobs take years, along with the red tape.

The could start with putting in a bypass around NYC...boy talk about the growth in commerce if that'd happen.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:55 pm

It is already happening in the DMV, many bridge/overpasses being renovated along 495 Beltway, a brand new South Captiol Street Bridge is nearing completion, major renovation at Reagan National Airport. Those shovel ready jobs take years, along with the red tape.

The could start with putting in a bypass around NYC...boy talk about the growth in commerce if that'd happen.
Those are good projects as was the LaGuardia Airport project.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:58 pm

Those are good projects as was the LaGuardia Airport project.
The recently completed DE1 bypass around Middletown DE, allowing I-95 traffic to bypass DC/Bmore beltways using US50/301 & Bay Bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

There is an effective bypass currently - perhaps you have not yet figured it out yet. :oops: :oops: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:29 pm

There is an effective bypass currently - perhaps you have not yet figured it out yet. :oops: :oops: :lol:
I've used 287 before. I suppose having made that trek quite a few times, I still always had issues in an around NYC, especially heading south from RI and Connecticut. I was more thinking about something like 295 around Richmond, where it always seems to be smooth sailing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 pm

I've used 287 before. I suppose having made that trek quite a few times, I still always had issues in an around NYC, especially heading south from RI and Connecticut. I was more thinking about something like 295 around Richmond, where it always seems to be smooth sailing.
I-84 takes care of that if you are headed to Boston and points north. You don't get anywhere near NYC. You can cut off some miles on this route by taking US 6 from US 17 crossing the Hudson using the Bear Mountain Bridge to connect with 84 in CT after it turns south
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:06 pm

I-84 takes care of that if you are headed to Boston and points north. You don't get anywhere near NYC. You can cut off some miles on this route by taking US 6 from US 17 crossing the Hudson using the Bear Mountain Bridge to connect with 84 in CT after it turns south
+1.....you can also take 9A north to old tappan zee and then take 684 to 84.... sprain to saw mill parkway is also slick....I taught my son one life lesson....never take the cross bronx expressway.... I favor the GW to Henry Hudson to Hutch to Merritt to 91 to 84 to mass pike into Boston.
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:55 pmIt is already happening in the DMV, many bridge/overpasses being renovated along 495 Beltway, a brand new South Captiol Street Bridge is nearing completion, major renovation at Reagan National Airport. Those shovel ready jobs take years, along with the red tape.

We've got a lot of stuff around here.

Adding another tunnel to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, another tunnel and bridge to the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. They've replaced or added onto a few big bridges the past few years and are in the process of adding / replacing another four or five and widening a ton of roads.

https://www.virginiadot.org/projects/ha ... efault.asp
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

4 Days until Joe...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Ellie Hall @ellievhall
8h
Chances of getting around DC for the next few days: slim to none
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

3 Days until the White House has new tenants.

Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is that the Can of worms there you are talking about? Drove up I88 from Binghamton to Albany last summer and hadn’t realized how tore up that highway was these days.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:23 am 3 Days until the White House has new tenants.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SmvG2GZ3S7o

Three days was the morning
My focus three days old
My head, it landed
To the sounds of cricket bows
I am proud man anyway
Covered now by three days
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Too dense and infill. Would’ve had to have been done 50yrs ago. Richmond bypass has a ton more open land surrounding it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Is that the Can of worms there you are talking about? Drove up I88 from Binghamton to Albany last summer and hadn’t realized how tore up that highway was these days.
The "Can of Worms" is the interchange where interstate 490 crosses with interstate 590. It was rebuilt years ago but it is still a mess at rush hour. Any traveling on the NYS thruway is always an adventure on what condition the road will be in.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”