Best Games, Upsets, and Upcoming Games

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Stanford at Syracuse - Friday Feb 11th

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Syracuse is 3-1 all-time vs Stanford. The last time they met was in 2011--an 11-10 Cardinal win.

If women’s lacrosse featured a Game of the Weekend, this would be it. Yes, the next day features Northwestern at BC but the Wildcats are without Scane. Plus for aesthetics, BC will probably be in the field house so not sure about the quality of the broadcast. Production in the dome up Syracuse way is typically excellent, (though occasionally the announcers can be male newbies who tend toward blather.) I’m rooting for Stanford here. We’ve heard a lot of talk about the team’s talent level. Well, let’s see it on the field. Sometimes a team can catch the Orange napping early in the season. Of course, that was the Gait era—we’ll see how the Daughters of Treanor fare in the early going. 

As far as the BC/NU matchup, the Wildcats supposedly will sport a “shocking” defense this year, or so says a “rival coach”:

"People are not ready for their defense. Their defense is going to absolutely shock people this year."

They won’t have to wait long to prove it with BC as their first opponent. I’ll be keeping an eye on the stick fouls from the Purple Gang. They are usually generous when laying the lumber. 

Note: Neither game has been announced as being broadcast yet. Wishful thinking and hoping on my part.
seacoaster

Re: Stanford at Syracuse - Friday Feb 11th

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:00 pm Syracuse is 3-1 all-time vs Stanford. The last time they met was in 2011--an 11-10 Cardinal win.

If women’s lacrosse featured a Game of the Weekend, this would be it. Yes, the next day features Northwestern at BC but the Wildcats are without Scane. Plus for aesthetics, BC will probably be in the field house so not sure about the quality of the broadcast. Production in the dome up Syracuse way is typically excellent, (though occasionally the announcers can be male newbies who tend toward blather.) I’m rooting for Stanford here. We’ve heard a lot of talk about the team’s talent level. Well, let’s see it on the field. Sometimes a team can catch the Orange napping early in the season. Of course, that was the Gait era—we’ll see how the Daughters of Treanor fare in the early going. 

As far as the BC/NU matchup, the Wildcats supposedly will sport a “shocking” defense this year, or so says a “rival coach”:

"People are not ready for their defense. Their defense is going to absolutely shock people this year."

They won’t have to wait long to prove it with BC as their first opponent. I’ll be keeping an eye on the stick fouls from the Purple Gang. They are usually generous when laying the lumber. 

Note: Neither game has been announced as being broadcast yet. Wishful thinking and hoping on my part.
I think that BC-NU game will be really competitive. That is, I'd be surprised if BC -- first game out of the chute -- won by five or more. The season is going to be a little different for BC, with the defending Champion target on their backs every single game. And -- no disrespect to Scane -- NU can play offense well without her and McKone.

I am still not convinced Syracuse will be a final weekend sort of team this early in the season. Too much to recreate on defense, and defense only gels with games -- real games -- under the belt. The Dome is an advantage, and my guess is this game will be close.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Best Games, Upsets, and Upcoming Games

At least one primo matchup will be broadcast First Weekend:

OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:06 pm I think that BC-NU game will be really competitive. That is, I'd be surprised if BC -- first game out of the chute -- won by five or more. The season is going to be a little different for BC, with the defending Champion target on their backs every single game. And -- no disrespect to Scane -- NU can play offense well without her and McKone.

I am still not convinced Syracuse will be a final weekend sort of team this early in the season. Too much to recreate on defense, and defense only gels with games -- real games -- under the belt. The Dome is an advantage, and my guess is this game will be close.
Agreed on all. I hope both games end up being broadcast.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:06 pm

I see it as a relative blow out by Cuse (more than 5). Yes, new coach; yes, new goalie; yes, new defenders....but those new starters were, for the most part, playing against the ones last year and the team median will just be higher than Stanford's. That is my guess. Team speed I think goes to Cuse. Backer D again, goes to Cuse. Weave offense, if used, creates fits for most teams. I see Cuse as having more talent individually and as a "Team".
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:59 pm

I see it as a relative blow out by Cuse (more than 5). Yes, new coach; yes, new goalie; yes, new defenders....but those new starters were, for the most part, playing against the ones last year and the team median will just be higher than Stanford's. That is my guess. Team speed I think goes to Cuse. Backer D again, goes to Cuse. Weave offense, if used, creates fits for most teams. I see Cuse as having more talent individually and as a "Team".
Your lips to God's ears Doc. But I'll still bet you it's a 2 goal game or less.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:04 pm

Your lips to God's ears Doc. But I'll still bet you it's a 2 goal game or less.
Not a Cuse fan, but respect what the Don built....just my SWAG
DMac

Post by DMac »

Trying to find out if this game is going to be televised or streamed anywhere. Sure isn't listed anywhere on the ESPN channels, not showing anything on the schedule of either team for any kind of broadcast either. Just called the athletic department and talked with Tony (female Tony), she couldn't find anything and said Kayla had just left too (bad timing). Good news is I now know I've got a shot at Tony being able to get to Kayla (would be fine if she put me through to her too) to ask her if she knows. Oh, Tony now knows what you'd call a dog that has no legs too. Left her with a laugh, that's a good thing. Called the Dome too, they don't know jack.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I think all ACC games are broadcast on ACC+ … which comes with ESPN+. But you need a PhD to keep up with this stuff.
OuttaNowhereWregget

watcherinthewoods wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:37 pm I think all ACC games are broadcast on ACC+ … which comes with ESPN+. But you need a PhD to keep up with this stuff.
Yep--nothing yet on espn+
https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/t ... e/20220211

or here (which typically is a very good resource during the season):

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings

or here, which is pretty good as well:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/WDI/calendar/2022

I'm hoping the game will be televised/streamed but maybe we're a little early in our inquiries, although some games are already listed on the espn+ website if you click on the dates Feb 11th and beyond.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Any word whether K-Train is putting her own stamp on the program? Ditching Backer D or the Weave?
OuttaNowhereWregget

There are very few games currently listed on the espn+ web page, or any others for that matter. February 26th however is bursting with upcoming broadcasts of compelling matchups. Let's hope more days fill in as well. Especially on the first weekend. Still looking for a venue that will broadcast Stanford at Syracuse, and Northwestern at Boston College. At least we'll get a look at Carolina at JMU on LSN that first Saturday.

OuttaNowhereWregget

Things are looking up

All of a sudden the WatchESPN website is populated with all kinds of games coming up. Multiple broadcasts for first weekend--15 all told.

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/t ... e/20220211
OuttaNowhereWregget

TV schedule drops

Full ESPN Schedule

Sun, Feb. 13 6 p.m. No. 23 Michigan at No. 5 Notre Dame ACCN
Sun, Feb. 18 5 p.m. No. 9 Maryland at No. 11 Virginia ACCN
Thu, Feb. 24 4 p.m. No. 2 North Carolina at Pitt ACCN

Sun, March 6 Noon No. 4 Northwestern at No. 2 North Carolina ESPNU
Thu, March 10 6 p.m. Pitt at No. 8 Duke ACCN
Thu, March 17 8 p.m. Louisville at No. 8 Duke ACCN
Sun, March 20 Noon Rutgers at No. 9 Maryland ESPNU
2 p.m. No. 2 North Carolina at No. 1 Boston College ESPNU
Thu, March 31 7 p.m. Ohio State at Louisville ACCN

Sat, April 2 Noon No. 9 Maryland at No. 20 Johns Hopkins ESPNU
Pitt at No. 3 Syracuse ACCN
4 p.m. Virginia Tech at No. 1 Boston College ACCN
Thu, April 7 7 p.m. No. 8 Duke at Virginia Tech ACCN
Sat, April 9 2 p.m. No. 2 North Carolina at No. 3 Syracuse ESPNU
Thu, April 14 8 p.m. No. 2 North Carolina at No. 11 Virginia ACCN
Wed, April 20 5 p.m. Penn at Princeton
Thu, April 21 8 p.m. No. 8 Duke at No. 2 North Carolina ACCN
Fri, April 22 6 p.m. No. 3 Syracuse at No. 1 Boston College ESPNU
Sat, April 23 Noon Ohio State at No. 20 Johns Hopkins ESPNU
No. 5 Notre Dame at Louisville ACCN
Wed, April 27 2 p.m. ACC Championship First Round ACCN
Fri, April 29 Noon ACC Championship Quarterfinal 1 ACCN
2:30 p.m. ACC Championship Quarterfinal 2 ACCN
5 p.m. ACC Championship Quarterfinal 3 ACCN
7:30 p.m. ACC Championship Quarterfinal 4 ACCN
Sat, April 30 Noon No. 9 Maryland at No. 23 Michigan ESPNU

Sun, May 1 1 p.m. ACC Championship Semifinal 1 ACCN
3:30 p.m. ACC Championship Semifinal 2 ACCN
Sat, May 7 6 p.m. ACC Championship Final ACCN
OuttaNowhereWregget

Women's Lacrosse - Vandy at Ohio St

This scrimmage/preseason game will stream today over on BTN Plus. Whaddaya know! I'll certainly be checking that out for a bit.

TNLAX

Re: Women's Lacrosse - Vandy at Ohio St

Post by TNLAX »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:08 am This scrimmage/preseason game will stream today over on BTN Plus. Whaddaya know! I'll certainly be checking that out for a bit.

I will be looking forward to you report on the game. I think I will be watching the AT&T at Pebble Beach this afternoon. Maybe I have become a fair weather lacrosse fan :)
OuttaNowhereWregget

TNLAX wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:32 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:08 am This scrimmage/preseason game will stream today over on BTN Plus. Whaddaya know! I'll certainly be checking that out for a bit.

I will be looking forward to you report on the game. I think I will be watching the AT&T at Pebble Beach this afternoon. Maybe I have become a fair weather lacrosse fan :)
Any kind of women’s lacrosse fan is a good fan 😉

I just hope the quality of the camerawork is passable. If not, I can’t say I will stick around long.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

I went to look for game and couldn't find it. I am frequently frustrated with trying to get games on Big10 network, I should have known :x
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:16 pm

I went to look for game and couldn't find it. I am frequently frustrated with trying to get games on Big10 network, I should have known :x
I did the same thing. I was surprised to see it on the schedule to begin with. I've never seen a preseason warmup broadcast in the past.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:20 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:16 pm

I did the same thing. I was surprised to see it on the schedule to begin with. I've never seen a preseason warmup broadcast in the past.
I saw it for 3pm. I clicked on link and nothing happened, I went back to look for it and it was gone.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”