Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxer12

Re: Syracuse

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:07 pm Lizzie Colson, Maryland - Grad. Student, Defense Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Sr., Goalie Charlotte North, Boston College - Sr., Attack Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Sr., Attack
Izzy Scane, Northwestern - Jr., Attack

In hindsight, who might Tyrrell have taken the place of? I think a case might be made for everyone but North.
Meaghan could’ve easily taken the place of Colson and more than likely, Moreno. A team hovering around 50% winning percentage (Maryland) should never field a tewaaraton finalist. Everyone else I fully agree with them being a finalist.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

North, Ortega and Scane were very deserving. There is always a defender and if not Colson it would have been Trenchard. Really think there should be a goalie of the year award - keep them out of the Tewaaraton discussion. Last year was first time in history there was not a middie in the final group. That trend will likely continue. Making the final list will be equally hard next year. 4 of the 5 return and so does Emily H. from Cuse.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxer12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:42 pm Meaghan could’ve easily taken the place of Colson... A team hovering around 50% winning percentage (Maryland) should never field a Tewaaraton finalist.
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:52 pm North, Ortega and Scane were very deserving. There is always a defender and if not Colson it would have been Trenchard. Really think there should be a goalie of the year award - keep them out of the Tewaaraton discussion. Last year was first time in history there was not a middie in the final group. That trend will likely continue. Making the final list will be equally hard next year. 4 of the 5 return and so does Emily H. from Cuse.
I'll be surprised if all four make it back to the Final Five. I doubt Moreno will be there but we shall see.

Great idea on a separate award for the goaltender, the way they have the Vezina in hockey. However--there are times when the goalie is so good they have to be awarded the MVP as well. I'd love to see Defender of the Year, Attacker of the Year, Midfielder of the Year--all good fodder for discussion.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I guess they been busy in Orangeland, or maybe the person who updated the website left with Gary...

LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxer12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:42 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:07 pm Lizzie Colson, Maryland - Grad. Student, Defense Taylor Moreno, North Carolina - Sr., Goalie Charlotte North, Boston College - Sr., Attack Jamie Ortega, North Carolina - Sr., Attack

In hindsight, who might Tyrrell have taken the place of? I think a case might be made for everyone but North.
Meaghan could’ve easily taken the place of Colson and more than likely, Moreno. A team hovering around 50% winning percentage (Maryland) should never field a tewaaraton finalist. Everyone else I fully agree with them being a finalist.

Sorry, but Taylor Moreno belongs on that list. She should been 1st team AA by herself at Goalie.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:32 pm I guess they been busy in Orangeland, or maybe the person who updated the website left with Gary...

lol I'm assuming the Sports Info/Marketing department has their hands full with fall sports starting up
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:26 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:32 pm I guess they been busy in Orangeland, or maybe the person who updated the website left with Gary...
lol I'm assuming the Sports Info/Marketing department has their hands full with fall sports starting up
Oh well--there are priorities and there are priorities I suppose. The production value for a Syracuse televised/streamed broadcast is right up there with BTN Network and ESPNU. The folks on the call vary in knowledge of the game, play-by-play and color commentary but the camerawork, replays and field mics are outstanding. How often do you get this kind of replay/camera angle in a women's lacrosse game?

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:45 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:26 pm
Oh well--there are priorities and there are priorities I suppose. The production value for a Syracuse televised/streamed broadcast is right up there with BTN Network and ESPNU. The folks on the call vary in knowledge of the game, play-by-play and color commentary but the camerawork, replays and field mics are outstanding. How often do you get this kind of replay/camera angle in a women's lacrosse game?

Cuse boasts one of the best broadcast journalism programs in the country!
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Looks like K Train had solved her goalie problem. With a plus one. Wassup Women of Troy?
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 am Looks like K Train had solved her goalie problem. With a plus one. Wassup Women of Troy?
She took in two goalie transfers. It’ll be interesting. Getting a bit crowded 🤣
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:41 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 am Looks like K Train had solved her goalie problem. With a plus one. Wassup Women of Troy?
Haha—yeah, not sure “solved” is the right word...
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Colson was absolutely deserving to be on the list. She is amazing.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am

Doesn't matter; she was on team hovering around 50% winning percentage. A team with that kind of winning percentage should never field a tewaaraton finalist- irregardless if they've got Maryland written across their chest.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

laxer12 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:00 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 am

Doesn't matter; she was on team hovering around 50% winning percentage. A team with that kind of winning percentage should never field a tewaaraton finalist- irregardless if they've got Maryland written across their chest.
The TW is awarded to the best player in college lacrosse. It's absurd to imply that list should not include Lizzie Colson
OuttaNowhereWregget

Has anyone ever won the Tewaaraton on a team not present at championship weekend aka the Final Four?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:24 pm Has anyone ever won the Tewaaraton on a team not present at championship weekend aka the Final Four?
I'm sure there are more but recently Pat Spencer won in 2019 and Loyola lost 21-14 to PSU in second round of NCAAs.

The question was around the list of finalists which is announced much earlier than championship weekend. To say Lizzie Colson shouldn't have been a finalist is ludicrous.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxer12 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:00 pm Doesn't matter; she was on team hovering around 50% winning percentage. A team with that kind of winning percentage should never field a tewaaraton finalist- irregardless if they've got Maryland written across their chest.
How DARE you show such irreverence for Maryland!! BOW and kiss the tortoise shell ring!!!

LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:24 pm Has anyone ever won the Tewaaraton on a team not present at championship weekend aka the Final Four?

On the Men's side, YES. On the Women's side...it's a political joke!!
I would love to see the Tewaaraton announcement the week after the regular season. If it's really about the Best player(and that should mean regardless of position), then make it about that.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Cagekeeper wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:41 am

How many Goalies can you have in the cage during a game? Answer : ONE
How many Goalies can actually be the Backup to the starter? Answer : See the answer above

How many Goalies transfer from sitting on the Bench at one school to sitting on the Bench at another school? Answer : TBD
How many Goalies will transfer a SECOND time because they chose poorly the first time? Answer : TBD

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”