Good News

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Good News

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am rice was my favorite player growing up. what was the question?

Don't recall. But to the best of my recollection it was nothing. Rice was not loved by the fans and by the media. Let's be honest - he brought all that on himself.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:49 pm
Ironically wasn’t Jim rice considered a malcontent by the media?

An incident took place that was not reported by the news media though it was no secret in NY where the incident took place: a young black reporter stepped up to Rice, introduced himself, and posed a question. Rice spat in his face and walked away. Next day the reporter mentioned the incident on a local soul music station. Nothing was ever done to Rice and he never apologized.
rice was my favorite player growing up. what was the question?
... did he take his tea with one lump, or two?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:01 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am rice was my favorite player growing up. what was the question?
Don't recall. But to the best of my recollection it was nothing. Rice was not loved by the fans and by the media. Let's be honest - he brought all that on himself.
there were plenty of people that liked rice plenty. for those that may not have been all in, that may say more about the boston/ne area back then than anything.
plus he was replacing an icon.

not loved by the media was reciprocal and not damning. i don't know his reasons for bristling with them. and obviously, now i don't know in this case, either. i'm guessing he didn't ask about the scout on catfish.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Except for that one incident, I don't know why people or the media hated Rice. Recall that far more people hated Reggie Jackson and Rickey Henderson. It goes with the territory.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am Except for that one incident, I don't know why people or the media hated Rice. Recall that far more people hated Reggie Jackson and Rickey Henderson. It goes with the territory.
rice was churlish publicly, didn't give interviews really and didn't do promos. didn't smile a whole lot. actually never.
he also didn't create locker room drama or showboat. never ever remember him being in the middle of team controversy.

now reggie... btw, loved all the characters on the yanks then. jax, billy, george, ricky, goose, catfish. thurmon rip. that was a rivalry. those days are gone.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I am not crying....you are crying, amazing story, well worth the watch: https://fb.watch/62b5i_zsU3/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm I am not crying....you are crying, amazing story, well worth the watch: https://fb.watch/62b5i_zsU3/
Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a quarter of that woman's talent, positivity, and strength.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm I am not crying....you are crying, amazing story, well worth the watch: https://fb.watch/62b5i_zsU3/
Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a quarter of that woman's talent, positivity, and strength.
wow.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:56 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 pm
wow.
wow indeed!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks. Loved this thought of hers “you can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:38 am
+100

It doesn’t escape notice that the usual suspects here at Fanlax :lol: who absolutely LOVE the Gwen Berrys and the Megan Rapinoe’s of the world, fail to comment on the Tamyra Mensah-Stock’s of the world.

Revealing to say the least. :lol:

In any event, this young lady Tamyra Mensah-Stock is freaking awesome and a testament to how great America is, how NOT racist it is, and how normal people know all of that. Rock on Tamyra, my new favorite athlete and American. Love her.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A must see.....Dad's making a difference: https://fb.watch/8QhlgchhTv/
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Interesting but sounds like a shaky guy before he got into hanging out w “Charlie”. And couldn’t he pay for his stuff rather than barter?

But I’m glad anyone gets better. It’s messy stuff.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Neat story: Sitting Bull's great-grandson identified using new DNA technique

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sitti ... %2Ccvc%3A4
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:13 pm Neat story: Sitting Bull's great-grandson identified using new DNA technique

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sitti ... %2Ccvc%3A4
Related to Elizabeth Warren?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This should be pinned to the top of this thread and where we go to calm down......I could watch this on loop, so damned precious.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVl4hsoju6 ... _copy_link
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”