2020 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
nclaxin

Re: **2020 FanLax Fantasy Lacrosse ONE Draft**

Post by nclaxin »

Ummmmm.....
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

greenielax wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:33 pm Didn't see maddog's drops or post drop roster, but that doesn't affect my pick, so here we go.

Adam Charamblides A, rsjr Rutgers

He was not on the post-drop roster EZE posted. And just fyi, he was listed on the 2019 roster as a rs so, and is on the 2020 roster as a rs jr; the 2020 roster was posted as of last Monday when I was checking grad status's.
Ugh!!! I realized he was up for grabs right after my first pick and have been holding my breath hoping nobody noticed until it came back around to me. Great pick!

Back to the drawing board...
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

And I'm just going to point out that his class/redshirt status is not a new development. He was healthy and played in 2019 and was listed on the 2019 roster as a redshirt sophomore. So the fact that he is a 2020 rs jr is not a surprise and should not have been unexpected.
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

People were even commenting in the forums last year that he had two more years of eligibility.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Adam missed two years to injury. So next year he would in theory, be ineligible under the 5 years to play four. So I assume he got a waiver to that rule from the NCAA or did they?

I wonder how old he is. I don’t know about now but Canadian schools used to have 13 grades in HS. He would be 24 or 25 at graduation. Six years as an undergrad? I understand more and more students have been taking five years.

I remember a grad student who was in his 7th year working on his PhD

I would never have discovered it in any event. I assume people know their roster and act accordingly. I look at a couple of lists and that’s it
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

greenielax wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:33 pm Didn't see maddog's drops or post drop roster, but that doesn't affect my pick, so here we go.

Adam Charamblides A, rsjr Rutgers

He was not on the post-drop roster EZE posted. And just fyi, he was listed on the 2019 roster as a rs so, and is on the 2020 roster as a rs jr; the 2020 roster was posted as of last Monday when I was checking grad status's.
So we have had this happen before I’m sure a couple years back and if the person doesn’t realise his player hasn’t graduate they normally get to have them back.... we don’t just let a mistake and not realising someone hasn’t graduated mean they lose a player... not like if you were a real coach you’d just ignore the guy showing up to training haha.

It’s similar to if someone does a post grad right? With us drafting so early you might not know.

I mean admin and EZE need to weigh in on it but I wouldn’t count your chickens yet
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I think due diligence lies with the manager. You should know your roster. I don’t recall anyone getting a player back AFTER the draft started.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

I swear 4/5 years ago someone drafted a graduated player who was doing a post grad and the person was offered their player back but turned it down

But maybe I made that up... I think admin needs to make the call though as personally I would think it’s a little petty doing stuff on technicality’s if the manager just didn’t realise something.. I mean he should know as everyone and his mum knew about Ad coming back but maybe admin posting him as graduated confused him...

I think we need admins and The managers views
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Did he specifically say he dropped charalambides or just posted a roster without him in?

I mean it could even be just a forgetting to add him to the list as a mistake that simple so I think we need to hear more first is all
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Doesn’t really matter but he posted his keepers.
greenielax

Post by greenielax »

First, the "getting the player back" situation was me. And two big reasons admin ruled the way he did were 1) it was an unforeseeable grad year situation, and 2) no one had noticed he was available and drafted him by the time I realized he was still on the roster.

I agree that admin gets to make the call, but I think this is a different situation because 1) the player's status was foreseeable if you would even have looked at the Rutgers roster last year (and in fact was discussed in the thread last year), i.e., this isn't a "gotcha" situation, 2) someone drafted him and 3) we have been repeatedly warned to check player status before drops.

EZE did not post his drops. He posted his post-drop keepers before he drafted (which several others have done, also).
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

greenielax wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:06 pm First, the "getting the player back" situation was me. And two big reasons admin ruled the way he did were 1) it was an unforeseeable grad year situation, and 2) no one had noticed he was available and drafted him by the time I realized he was still on the roster.

I agree that admin gets to make the call, but I think this is a different situation because 1) the player's status was foreseeable if you would even have looked at the Rutgers roster last year (and in fact was discussed in the thread last year), i.e., this isn't a "gotcha" situation, 2) someone drafted him and 3) we have been repeatedly warned to check player status before drops.

EZE did not post his drops. He posted his post-drop keepers before he drafted (which several others have done, also).
I mean maybe he dropped him because he doesn’t want him but who wouldn’t want a player that puts up big numbers, it’s the point of the game?

Doesn’t matter to me who gets him I just want it to be fair and not a dumb accident
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

greenielax wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:06 pm First, the "getting the player back" situation was me. And two big reasons admin ruled the way he did were 1) it was an unforeseeable grad year situation, and 2) no one had noticed he was available and drafted him by the time I realized he was still on the roster.

Ps glad my memory still serves me well at least
:D
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I agree it needs to be fair. I also believe managers are responsible. If the draft had not started I would have no issue with returning the player. Once the draft begins though a different standard needs to be applied.

In our first round one player made a pick and then wanted to change it because he realized there was a much better player available. I assume Grey. He made a mistake. But had drafted.

I
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

OCanada wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:55 pm I agree it needs to be fair. I also believe managers are responsible. If the draft had not started I would have no issue with returning the player. Once the draft begins though a different standard needs to be applied.

In our first round one player made a pick and then wanted to change it because he realized there was a much better player available. I assume Grey. He made a mistake. But had drafted.

I
That was me. I was actually asking because I realized EZE had dropped Charalambides. I didn’t even think about Gray until after he was selected.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:55 pm I agree it needs to be fair. I also believe managers are responsible. If the draft had not started I would have no issue with returning the player. Once the draft begins though a different standard needs to be applied.

I
That’s very true... I think providing its not just a typo and is a I didnt realise he didnt graduate error then maybe you have persuade me to agree with that side.

Unless it’s a simple typing mistake I agree the player probably has to go over then... ouch what a loss!

Admin will clarify anyway I’m sure
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Pick stands I think. Stuff happens. I almost dropped Kevin Hill until I realized he was granted a red shirt over the summer...
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

:?
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I think it was Rotanz from MD last time this came up. I’ve always said that the coach should be responsible. If I had charalambides I think I would make sure he’s on my roster. Of course, when I put my roster together it was my bed time and I did it on my phone, but I started with last year’s roster, so that really helped.
fcalax

Post by fcalax »

*PICK* - ALEX SLUSHER (FR – PRINCETON)

KEEPERS
Michael Kraus A SR UVA
Dylan McIntosh JR A Hofstra
Jack Myers SO A OSU
Tre LeClaire A SR OSU

Taylor Strough SO M Fairfield 16
Jeff Conner SO M UVA

DROP