White Nationalist Terrorism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: White Nationalist Terrorism

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:40 am
CU88 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am In order to remove this stain on our Democracy, we need to figure out where all of these militant rasicist come from.

https://religiondispatches.org/where-we ... schooling/

It is the systematic racism and hate taught in christian schools and the us military.

According to Ingersoll, that connection is highly significant. As she notes, the report provides “a concise framing of the version of American history that gives us the Proud Boys.” And the ideology it represents isn’t a dead letter to America’s Christian nationalists. By now, we should all have seen the footage of members of that white supremacist group bowing in a typical evangelical prayer before engaging in insurrection on January 6, and we should be aware of how they raised money for the effort via the Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo. Conservative Christianity has long been the elephant in the room (pun intended) when it comes to discussion of politics in America’s elite public sphere. But if we fail to recognize conservative Christian institutions as sources of radicalization, we will never be able to craft effective policies to counter its toxic influence.
:roll: Pathetic. This is the bullshirt that keeps us divided, and is the definition of gaslighting an entire group of people.

MDLAXfan sits on a Jesuit board, is an R, and is the furthest thing from a white supremist.
Couple of things.

1) I'm glad it's clear I'm not a white supremacist... ;)

2) ICJS is not a Jesuit board, though we do have some Jesuits on the board and active, as well as other Catholics, mainstream Protestants, a few evangelicals...representing the diversity of Christianity. Same sort of diversity represented in Islam and Judaism. Jesuits, at least in my experience, don't tend to be particularly "conservative", probably the main emphasis I've observed is education and rationality as key components of their faith. But I'm no expert on this. Overall, ICJS would be better described as 'liberal' not 'conservative' in the sense that's relevant to inter-religious respect and understanding.

3) IMO, it would be fair to say that we DO see extremism in each of these faith groups most likely fostered and accepted by religious groups that would otherwise be described as the 'most conservative'. It's VERY definitely not required, but there's definitely a confluence of these. That has been true though out much of our long history and remains true today.

4) However, I agree that it's dangerous, and wrong, to paint with an overly broad brush the 'conservative' believer or congregation as necessarily embracing these extremists. They needn't do so, and we DO see Some rejecting extremism, horrified by it. More need to do so.

5) On the other hand, we shouldn't shy away from challenging the 'conservative' Christian denominations and institutions to reject extremists and extremist preachers...the problem, though, with this is that in much of the most conservative groups there is little to no denominational structure, it's much more preacher centric, and fiery talk definitely appeals to some people looking for 'meaning' and 'purpose' and prone to want to blame or damn others...

6) I also think it's very important to continuously reform how we teach and practice our faiths, there's definitely room for a greater emphasis upon the 'love one's neighbor' message (including racial and inter-faith) over the fire and damnation messages, both of which can be found in most faiths... but I'm not convinced that it's fair to say with a broad brush that Christian educational institutions and the US military 'teach systematic racism and hate'...improve, don't damn them.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:17 am
CU88 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am In order to remove this stain on our Democracy, we need to figure out where all of these militant rasicist come from.

It is the systematic racism and hate taught in christian schools and the us military.

According to Ingersoll, that connection is highly significant. As she notes, the report provides “a concise framing of the version of American history that gives us the Proud Boys.” And the ideology it represents isn’t a dead letter to America’s Christian nationalists. By now, we should all have seen the footage of members of that white supremacist group bowing in a typical evangelical prayer before engaging in insurrection on January 6, and we should be aware of how they raised money for the effort via the Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo. Conservative Christianity has long been the elephant in the room (pun intended) when it comes to discussion of politics in America’s elite public sphere. But if we fail to recognize conservative Christian institutions as sources of radicalization, we will never be able to craft effective policies to counter its toxic influence.
:roll: Pathetic. This is the bullshirt that keeps us divided, and is the definition of gaslighting an entire group of people.

MDLAXfan sits on a Jesuit board, is an R, and is the furthest thing from a white supremist.
Couple of things.

2) ICJS is not a Jesuit board, though we do have some Jesuits on the board and active, as well as other Catholics, mainstream Protestants, a few evangelicals...representing the diversity of Christianity. Same sort of diversity represented in Islam and Judaism. Jesuits, at least in my experience, don't tend to be particularly "conservative", probably the main emphasis I've observed is education and rationality as key components of their faith. But I'm no expert on this. Overall, ICJS would be better described as 'liberal' not 'conservative' in the sense that's relevant to inter-religious respect and understanding.

3) IMO, it would be fair to say that we DO see extremism in each of these faith groups most likely fostered and accepted by religious groups that would otherwise be described as the 'most conservative'. It's VERY definitely not required, but there's definitely a confluence of these. That has been true though out much of our long history and remains true today.

4) However, I agree that it's dangerous, and wrong, to paint with an overly broad brush the 'conservative' believer or congregation as necessarily embracing these extremists. They needn't do so, and we DO see Some rejecting extremism, horrified by it. More need to do so.

5) On the other hand, we shouldn't shy away from challenging the 'conservative' Christian denominations and institutions to reject extremists and extremist preachers...the problem, though, with this is that in much of the most conservative groups there is little to no denominational structure, it's much more preacher centric, and fiery talk definitely appeals to some people looking for 'meaning' and 'purpose' and prone to want to blame or damn others...

6) I also think it's very important to continuously reform how we teach and practice our faiths, there's definitely room for a greater emphasis upon the 'love one's neighbor' message (including racial and inter-faith) over the fire and damnation messages, both of which can be found in most faiths... but I'm not convinced that it's fair to say with a broad brush that Christian educational institutions and the US military 'teach systematic racism and hate'...improve, don't damn them.
Yes. It’s sort of like painting all mosques as fostering extremism. Some do.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:11 am

Just pointing out the language: “A source” vs. “the source”. There are lots of sources for lots of bad things is how I read it. How much of a source is debatable.
No doubt, it gives the author an out, however the crass title is what they want you to retain.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:17 am

Couple of things.

Yes. It’s sort of like painting all mosques as fostering extremism. Some do.
Yup
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Facts divide us?

Must be nice...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Greene calls Italian American House Democrat 'Rep. Mussolini'
Source: The Hill

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) called Rep. David Cicilline "Rep. Mussolini" after the Rhode Island Democrat proposed a rule change to block her from forcing motions to adjourn.

The comment came after Greene was asked by Newsweek about a proposed rule change from Cicilline that would only allow a member to make a motion to adjourn if they are a member of a committee.

The House voted to strip Greene of her committee assignments last month over her previous endorsement of conspiracy theories and violence against Democratic politicians, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

When Newsweek asked about Cicilline's proposal, Greene said, "Do you mean Rep. Mussolini?"

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... id=DELLDHP

Reich wing hater loves to project what she is unto others. So typical of right wingers.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

President Joe Biden condemned the violence Asian Americans have endured throughout the coronavirus pandemic in his first national prime-time address Thursday night.

Biden, whose speech marked one year after the World Health Organization declared Covid-19 a pandemic, said that "too often, we've turned against one another." He said that Americans should be working together but that, instead, there have been "vicious hate crimes against Asian Americans who've been attacked, harassed, blamed and scapegoated."

"At this very moment, so many of them, our fellow Americans, are on the front lines of this pandemic trying to save lives and still — still are forced to live in fear for their lives just walking down streets in America," he said. "It's wrong, it's un-American, and it must stop."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... s-n1260753

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:55 pm Greene calls Italian American House Democrat 'Rep. Mussolini'

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) called Rep. David Cicilline "Rep. Mussolini" after the Rhode Island Democrat proposed a rule change to block her from forcing motions to adjourn.

The comment came after Greene was asked by Newsweek about a proposed rule change from Cicilline that would only allow a member to make a motion to adjourn if they are a member of a committee.

The House voted to strip Greene of her committee assignments last month over her previous endorsement of conspiracy theories and violence against Democratic politicians, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

When Newsweek asked about Cicilline's proposal, Greene said, "Do you mean Rep. Mussolini?"

Reich wing hater loves to project what she is unto others. So typical of right wingers.
The great irony being, as you state, that Rep. Greene is the avatar of a small but dangerous fascist movement growing among Republican ranks in Congress.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Been some news on this. Wonder why hate crimes are down broadly but up a ton towards Asians. Can’t just be the China, China, China whining by folks who already lost the plot. Has to be more than that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:45 am Been some news on this. Wonder why hate crimes are down broadly but up a ton towards Asians. Can’t just be the China, China, China whining by folks who already lost the plot. Has to be more than that.
Or not more than that. ;)

150% increase last year.
https://www.voanews.com/usa/race-americ ... -us-cities
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:41 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:55 pm Greene calls Italian American House Democrat 'Rep. Mussolini'

The great irony being, as you state, that Rep. Greene is the avatar of a small but dangerous fascist movement growing among Republican ranks in Congress.

DocBarrister :|

Moronic Greene now refers to Guam as a foreign country. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Our military and police force are a spawning ground for hate.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/extre ... e-military
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

CU88 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:22 am Our military and police force are a spawning ground for hate.

Or are people with a predilection for control and violence drawn to these state purveyors of both? These professions shouldn’t be open to anyone who wants to join. We should “draft” people who do not thirst for power and the right to would state-sanctioned violence. It’s not really surprising that we get the law enforcement and increasingly the military we do. Be more surprising if we didn’t. Maybe we restart compulsory service for all citizens, regardless of gender or age. If everyone participated I bet we’d get very different results.

Oh, and crazy comes in all genders, politics, and heritages. If you want the job you’re disqualified.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:26 pm
CU88 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:22 am Our military and police force are a spawning ground for hate.

Or are people with a predilection for control and violence drawn to these state purveyors of both? These professions shouldn’t be open to anyone who wants to join. We should “draft” people who do not thirst for power and the right to would state-sanctioned violence. It’s not really surprising that we get the law enforcement and increasingly the military we do. Be more surprising if we didn’t. Maybe we restart compulsory service for all citizens, regardless of gender or age. If everyone participated I bet we’d get very different results.

Oh, and crazy comes in all genders, politics, and heritages. If you want the job you’re disqualified.
:lol: ... I'm trying to imagine the Sergeant or the Petty Officer at the Recruiting Office doing a forensic review of a potential recruit's social media history.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:01 pm Robert Aaron Long. POS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... shootings/
I wonder if anyone looked into his social media history?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:27 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:45 am Been some news on this. Wonder why hate crimes are down broadly but up a ton towards Asians. Can’t just be the China, China, China whining by folks who already lost the plot. Has to be more than that.
Or not more than that. ;)

150% increase last year.
https://www.voanews.com/usa/race-americ ... -us-cities
Guessing it made national news but a guy went shooting up “run and tugs” in atlanta recently. Details aren’t confirmed but sure looks like Asian hate related crime.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.11aliv ... 34bcd27633

For those who don’t know the atlanta area, Cherokee Co, where the guy is from, is at the nexus of exurbs where the country folks, even from 20yrs ago, meets the new urban sprawl of a MSA that’s not bound by geography (coast) or other impediments similar to Dallas, Phoenix, etc. sharing this to give people a sense of Atlanta and Georgia when discussing whether it’s a blue or red state (not that red should be associated with hate crimes, I’m being extremely reductive here)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

The deeply religious culprit was so distraught of his sexual addiction he thought it would be righteous to shoot Asian women as an appropriate solution. Well his sexual addiction has now been taken care of, at least for the time being until he joins the general prison population.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

More evidence of white privilege within our police forces.

Atlanta shooting suspect Robert Aaron Long was having a “really bad day” when he fatally shot eight people, the Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department captain said on Wednesday (March 17).

“He was kind of at the end of his rope,” Capt. Jay Baker said during a press conference. “Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did.”

You know who had a bad day? The people who were murdered by that mass murderer. And their families who have to bury the people who were murdered by that mass murderer. So, sincerely, F&#! his feelings.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:08 pm The deeply religious culprit was so distraught of his sexual addiction he thought it would be righteous to shoot Asian women as an appropriate solution. Well his sexual addiction has now been taken care of, at least for the time being until he joins the general prison population.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”