Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by 6ftstick »

This should tickle your funny bone libs.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson ... s-n2570649

Is that why they changed their zone from autonomous to chopped
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 am This should tickle your funny bone libs.

MAGA

We are the Congo.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:21 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:10 am This should tickle your funny bone libs.

MAGA
So you do think it's funny.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:22 am

MAGA
Yes I do. You voted for the guy. How is your cake?
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MAGA
Outrageously so. To be fair, that is my usual reaction to any would be outrage in Townhall. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/06/15/a ... ashington/

"chop"
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:25 am

MAGA
… is that a Marie Antoinette reference? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:31 am

MAGA
These clowns asked for this!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Re: Racism in America- Week 3 of Riots

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:44 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:16 am https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sh ... g-n1231142

So this is how some folks get their "payback" against the police? Some stupid F**K will now probably wind up with 3 counts of attempted murder on a police officer. If convicted that person will probably spend a good portion of the rest of their lives in jail. They sure taught those "pigs" a lesson didn't they? I'm waiting to see how long it takes some of the knuckleheads on this forum to use the public anger against the police to justify murdering cops? I am betting it will not take very long. :roll:
NBC NEWS UPDATE: NYPD Chief of Detectives Rodney Harrison says, "After a thorough investigation by the NYPD’s Manhattan South investigators, it has been determined that there was no criminality by shake shack’s employees."
We need Lt. Columbo to figure out how the bleach magically appeared in the shakes. I guess it could be argued those Clorox bottles look exactly like the chocolate syrup jugs. Just an honest mistake. It could happen to anyone.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:15 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:07 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:51 am
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:46 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:32 am I understand the symbolic message. Why would people want to burn the Wendys down? What did that accomplish but put a bunch of people out of work and create hardship in their lives. I must be too old, i just don't get it. :roll:
Agree, Cranky...just flat dumb. Someone from the restaurant called to say someone had passed out right in the drive-thru line. Totally reasonable call, let's get the vehicle out of the way at least. What happened after that with the car and its driver clearly went off the rails. Burning the fast food joint was criminal.

My guess is that the guy that started the fire wasn’t on break from Williams. The police will find him soon enough. I saw that they are on the lookout for the arsonist.

It was a white female.

https://www.cbs46.com/news/10-000-rewar ... ac7d1.html

I hope they get her and do things to to her in prison. No kidding. When you force 40 employees to lose their income, no pity.
Was she on break from Smith?
They should shoot her in the back twice too.
MDlax gets the daily ahoole award and it's only 9:00. :lol:
Salty has been making the argument that you gotta shoot the guy running from a DUI arrest in the back twice, PB is saying they should "do some things to her in prison" "no pity"...logical leap that the arson was worse than the DUI...
And you and your comrades in resistance on here think you're the only one's entitled to be outraged.
no, "comrade", I'd be happy for you to be outraged at police brutality.
Welcome.

But you are an idiot if you think I embrace arsonists just because I'm outraged by police brutality. And since I don't think you're actually an idiot, I read your attack as just to be insulting that you would suggest such. So, for that, you get the hand, or the proverbial finger.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:34 am

MAGA
Another laugh for you guys

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-rep ... t-festival
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:00 am Another rotten no good racist cop. Defund the Police!

female officer.jpg

“Yesterday I went from celebrating an 11-year-old boys birthday party with my brothers and sisters at work to responding to the absolutely tragic death of two babies.

This is the other side.

The raw side that nobody talks about.

The side everyone who isn’t in law enforcement doesn’t realize happens to us... but believe it or not, we grieve too. We are humans. You just don’t know because once we leave that terrible, heart wrenching call, we come to you and there are no tears or anger from the last call we were at. We’re just there to take care of you.

I simply ‘file it away’ as I tell people that ask, ‘How do you deal with the things you’ve seen?’

This picture was taken a few hours into my shift today and you guessed it, I had to wipe those tears up and go to the next call.
I wholeheartedly understand I’m not the only person affected by this, and there are so many people, family included, who this affects more than me - I understand that and I am not trying to take anything away from anyone at all. It’s simply on my heart to share this tonight.

I know with what’s going on in our world right now it won’t accomplish much, but I just pray you have mercy on all of us. We are all fighting a battle that you can’t see just by looking at us. We take this uniform off every night and we crawl into bed and have to learn how to process the grief, just like any other human being.

To my brothers and sisters who are battling it too, thank you for not giving up and I am always here to listen.”
6ft, do you really imagine that even the 'leftiest of lefty's' who post on here actually don't agree that many police are very good people, trying very hard to protect and serve?

Do you really imagine that they want zero policing?
the crew here on FanLax???

Now, how about the many of us who are quite moderate, whether leaning right or left normally?

Nope, I want good police, well educated, well trained and paid much better.

I laid out in detail what I would like to see going forward and it certainly didn't include not appreciating good police!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:51 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:00 am Another rotten no good racist cop. Defund the Police!

female officer.jpg

“Yesterday I went from celebrating an 11-year-old boys birthday party with my brothers and sisters at work to responding to the absolutely tragic death of two babies.

This is the other side.

The side everyone who isn’t in law enforcement doesn’t realize happens to us... but believe it or not, we grieve too. We are humans. You just don’t know because once we leave that terrible, heart wrenching call, we come to you and there are no tears or anger from the last call we were at. We’re just there to take care of you.

I simply ‘file it away’ as I tell people that ask, ‘How do you deal with the things you’ve seen?’

This picture was taken a few hours into my shift today and you guessed it, I had to wipe those tears up and go to the next call.
I wholeheartedly understand I’m not the only person affected by this, and there are so many people, family included, who this affects more than me - I understand that and I am not trying to take anything away from anyone at all. It’s simply on my heart to share this tonight.

I know with what’s going on in our world right now it won’t accomplish much, but I just pray you have mercy on all of us. We are all fighting a battle that you can’t see just by looking at us. We take this uniform off every night and we crawl into bed and have to learn how to process the grief, just like any other human being.

To my brothers and sisters who are battling it too, thank you for not giving up and I am always here to listen.”
6ft, do you really imagine that even the 'leftiest of lefty's' who post on here actually don't agree that many police are very good people, trying very hard to protect and serve?

Now, how about the many of us who are quite moderate, whether leaning right or left normally?

I laid out in detail what I would like to see going forward and it certainly didn't include not appreciating good police!
I'm going to play Typical Lax Dad

Defund the police!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am

female officer.jpg

This is the other side.

Defund the police!
Not sure what the reference is to TLD, but you're not being responsive to any of those pertinent questions.

Why exaggerate your fellow posters' views?
It loses the argument you are trying to make right at the outset.

The nuances are lost, which are indeed worth exploring.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:51 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:34 am

MAGA
Another laugh for you guys

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-rep ... t-festival

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

female officer.jpg

This is the other side.

Defund the police!
I have not posted that. You have TLD Syndrome

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Defund the police!

Defund the IRS:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kwxx ... he-irs-431

In the world of the delusional right wing such thoughts are considered quite acceptable.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Donald Trump is defunding the police

He’s proposed cuts in budget after budget, and is holding up needed fiscal aid.
https://www.vox.com/2020/6/16/21286669/ ... the-police
President Trump has repeatedly proposed cuts in federal funding for police, criticized landmark legislation that boosted financial support for police departments, and is currently involved in blocking legislation that would greatly reduce pressure on local governments to cut police funding.

In layman’s terms, he’s been trying to defund the police.

Of course activists and intellectuals who have rallied behind the slogan “defund the police” have something bigger and grander in mind than random budget cuts. Ayobami Laniyonu, the University of Toronto sociologist, explains to my colleague Sean Illing that he wants “reinvestment of that money in otherwise underserved and marginalized communities. Let’s get rid of the practice of managing homelessness, inequality, poverty, the consequences of decades of racial segregation, and the consequences of decades of disinvestment in public health with armed members of law enforcement.”

But as leading Democrats from former Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. James Clyburn on down have largely refused the call, Republicans have nonetheless pressed forward with a message of opposition to defunding police departments.

What Republicans haven’t done is actually change their policy positions. They continue to be in favor of forcing state and local governments to enact massive rounds of austerity in response to the coronavirus pandemic. And even though polling shows the idea of cutting police funding to be unpopular, realistically, states and cities facing huge budget holes are going to need to ask police departments to share in some of the pain.

This dispute about budgeting — where Democrats are fighting against austerity and Republicans are fighting for it — is different from the theoretical argument police abolitionists want to have about the future of law enforcement. But it’s a real one playing out this summer in Congress with real consequences for the lives of hundreds of millions of people. And in this debate, it’s Trump who wants to defund the police.
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 pm
Donald Trump is defunding the police

He’s proposed cuts in budget after budget, and is holding up needed fiscal aid.
https://www.vox.com/2020/6/16/21286669/ ... the-police
President Trump has repeatedly proposed cuts in federal funding for police, criticized landmark legislation that boosted financial support for police departments, and is currently involved in blocking legislation that would greatly reduce pressure on local governments to cut police funding.

In layman’s terms, he’s been trying to defund the police.

Of course activists and intellectuals who have rallied behind the slogan “defund the police” have something bigger and grander in mind than random budget cuts. Ayobami Laniyonu, the University of Toronto sociologist, explains to my colleague Sean Illing that he wants “reinvestment of that money in otherwise underserved and marginalized communities. Let’s get rid of the practice of managing homelessness, inequality, poverty, the consequences of decades of racial segregation, and the consequences of decades of disinvestment in public health with armed members of law enforcement.”

But as leading Democrats from former Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. James Clyburn on down have largely refused the call, Republicans have nonetheless pressed forward with a message of opposition to defunding police departments.

What Republicans haven’t done is actually change their policy positions. They continue to be in favor of forcing state and local governments to enact massive rounds of austerity in response to the coronavirus pandemic. And even though polling shows the idea of cutting police funding to be unpopular, realistically, states and cities facing huge budget holes are going to need to ask police departments to share in some of the pain.

This dispute about budgeting — where Democrats are fighting against austerity and Republicans are fighting for it — is different from the theoretical argument police abolitionists want to have about the future of law enforcement. But it’s a real one playing out this summer in Congress with real consequences for the lives of hundreds of millions of people. And in this debate, it’s Trump who wants to defund the police.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”