Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 am Just read Ron is trying to make Disney pay their fair share now....https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics ... index.html

Jen Psaki started hysterically sobbing on a podcast talking about the Florida Parents bill.

Honestly, something is wrong with these people. I can’t believe they are in positions of power. Lunatics.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Unsurprising to see Republicans in Florida ready to shoot themselves in the nose economically to spite their face with the potential law as well as bashing Disney.

All in the name of censoring the free speech of a company, something they fought so hard to enshrine as constitutional.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:50 pm Unsurprising to see Republicans in Florida ready to shoot themselves in the nose economically to spite their face with the potential law as well as bashing Disney.

All in the name of censoring the free speech of a company, something they fought so hard to enshrine as constitutional.

Disney can say or do anything they want in Florida. We love freedom here! (go to Key West for a weekend, and you won’t believe your eyes…sheer insanity! no one is stopped, it’s all part of the show of freedom!).

But at the same time, Disney shouldn’t get to enjoy excessive tax and regulatory breaks that no other Florida companies get. They enjoy too much concessions by the state as it is. Time to rein it in.

And if Disney wants to promote wokedom on the It’s a Small World ride, god bless. They’ll be alienating their customers, but hey, rock on. Competition will sort them out.

November 8th, let’s go!!!!
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:03 pm Disney can say or do anything they want in Florida. We love freedom here! (go to Key West for a weekend, and you won’t believe your eyes…sheer insanity! no one is stopped, it’s all part of the show of freedom!).

But at the same time, Disney shouldn’t get to enjoy excessive tax and regulatory breaks that no other Florida companies get. They enjoy too much concessions by the state as it is. Time to rein it in.

And if Disney wants to promote wokedom on the It’s a Small World ride, god bless. They’ll be alienating their customers, but hey, rock on. Competition will sort them out.
Obviously they can't do or say anything they want in Florida, these bills are a direct response. :lol:

You didn't care about their special status until they said they support and want to protect their LGBTQ community and customers. Not a peep about it until then. Disney is literally ruled by the free market, and competition has steered them to treating their employees and customers more equitably.

If you think treating people as equals is wokedom, well that's certainly your opinion. Parents really don't like it when you try to marginalize their kids.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 am Just read Ron is trying to make Disney pay their fair share now....https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics ... index.html
"Once upon a time Disney was a great partner with the state of Florida," said Rep. Jackie Toledo, a Tampa Republican. "We've granted them privileges because of our shared history, shared goals and shared successes. Shamefully, Disney betrayed us."
:lol: :lol:

.. Disney decided that didn't want to be in bed with assholes that bully children.

Have to wonder if this change of status will ever go into effect. Apparently it doesn't take effect until mid 2023 after the 2022 election - what I heard. Gives plenty of time for it to be used for its real purpose -- score political points, and then cancel the law. Such virtuous civic minded republiCON grifters. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Let me guess: the thousands of corporations that get sweetheart tax breaks from DeSantis will keep getting their deals, so long as they fall in line with the Governor.

Awesome. Gee, I just can't figure out the problem here.

You in line with this YouthA?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:15 pm
Let me guess: the thousands of corporations that get sweetheart tax breaks from DeSantis will keep getting their deals, so long as they fall in line with the Governor.

This is much ado about nothing. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:20 pm

Agreed.....but the Republican party should be pushing back on this kind of overt, public threat that's aimed at a business. "Do what I say, or we will punish you economically" is an impeachable statement.

Or at least it sure as sh*t was when I was a kid. What happened to that America?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:47 am

Jen Psaki started hysterically sobbing on a podcast talking about the Florida Parents bill.

Honestly, something is wrong with these people. I can’t believe they are in positions of power. Lunatics.
... the only people there is anything wrong with is you terrorist of children.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:23 pm

Agreed.....but the Republican party should be pushing back on this kind of overt, public threat that's aimed at a business. "Do what I say, or we will punish you economically" is an impeachable statement.

Or at least it sure as sh*t was when I was a kid. What happened to that America?
Cancel Culture
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.. in the end, this is not going to turn out well for the scumbags playing these games. This is a cosmically dumb move for someone running for president. This guy will never be president. He will only ever appeal to the worst of the Trump base and only if the original scumbag isn't running. I am not sure this will even work for him in Florida. Papers running headlines this move will cost taxpayers of Florida over 1$ billion.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm

.. in the end, this is not going to turn out well for the scumbags playing these games. This is a cosmically dumb move for someone running for president. This guy will never be president. He will only ever appeal to the worst of the Trump base and only if the original scumbag isn't running. I am not sure this will even work for him in Florida. Papers running headlines this move will cost taxpayers of Florida over 1$ billion.
Don't tell Petey.....he thinks running on a platform of bullying grammar school kids who might be gay is THE future platform of the Republican Party. Because nothing says America like beating down anyone who Pete's team thinks is "different".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Outrage as Pennsylvania elementary school considers opening after-school SATANIC club for kids as young as five after green-lighting Bible-study class - but 'satanists' insist they'll only promote science and secularism.

Angry parents protested a Pennsylvania school board meeting over plans to create a Satanist after school club for children as young as five.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -five.html

November 8 will be, in no uncertain terms, HISTORIC.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:55 pm Outrage as Pennsylvania elementary school considers opening after-school SATANIC club for kids as young as five after green-lighting Bible-study class - but 'satanists' insist they'll only promote science and secularism.

Angry parents protested a Pennsylvania school board meeting over plans to create a Satanist after school club for children as young as five.

:lol: :lol: 'The school board does not have the authority to decide which religious organizations they prefer holding after school clubs and which ones they don’t.'

Hilarious. This guy is AWESOME, and understands our Bill of Rights far better than Petey.

I think it's spectacular that you think you can vote American's rights away on Nov 8th. Good luck with that, my commie friend.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:55 pm Outrage as Pennsylvania elementary school considers opening after-school SATANIC club for kids as young as five after green-lighting Bible-study class - but 'satanists' insist they'll only promote science and secularism.

:lol: :lol: 'The school board does not have the authority to decide which religious organizations they prefer holding after school clubs and which ones they don’t.'

Hilarious. This guy is AWESOME, and understands our Bill of Rights far better than Petey.

I think it's spectacular that you think you can vote American's rights away on Nov 8th. Good luck with that, my commie friend.
... well the Satanist Club representative got the reaction he wanted and expected. :lol: :lol: The school parents and board were punked! There are Satanist Clubs all over the US that show up to remind religious groups, ie, Christians, they are the only ones who ever seem to need it, that we have a 1st Amendment and a Constitution.

------
The Truth of American Christian Hypocrisy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... why do Petey and his buddy Ronnie D. hate the constitution and the 1st amendment and gay kids??
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I figured you'd be thrilled...as much as you've always fussed about the all the tax incentives big corp gets, but never the little man. Sounds like DEsantis is your man. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:54 pm

I figured you'd be thrilled...as much as you've always fussed about the all the tax incentives big corp gets, but never the little man. Sounds like DEsantis is your man. :lol:
Actually? You want me as a lifelong DeSantis supporter? Have him eliminate ALL special deals for Big Corporations in Florida. If he did that? He'd be my freaking hero.

Instead, he's punishing Floridians for disagreeing with his policies. You should be angry with this.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:15 pm

Actually? You want me as a lifelong DeSantis supporter? Have him eliminate ALL special deals for Big Corporations in Florida. If he did that? He'd be my freaking hero.

Instead, he's punishing Floridians for disagreeing with his policies. You should be angry with this.....
To that point: https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opi ... 418579002/

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os ... story.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:38 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:15 pm

To that point: https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opi ... 418579002/
:lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, what's less at the forefront of the public consciousness is a measure quietly moving through the Senate to change our state’s corporate income tax code: CS/SB 1090, sponsored by state Sen. Joe Gruters of Sarasota.

If passed, this bill will cost Floridians a whopping $3.5 billion in foregone revenue over the next few years by giving an outsized tax break to the state’s biggest corporations. The bill was last heard in the Senate’s Finance and Tax Committee more than a month ago, but not much has been said or done since then.

And, shocker......Gruters is a Republican.

Come on Petey.....dazzle us with your BS as to why you're giving money to Republicans to pass bills like this.

Oh, right, Pete....the gays. We forget to keep focused on what's important....what was I thinking? Carry on....

Return to “POLITICS”