All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:01 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:14 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:14 pm bit of a curveball
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/covid-v ... ctive.html

novavax in early with a uk trial. lot of cases over there.

only 60 some cases vs the mid/high 100s for pfizer and moderna, but originally they were looking at doing about that many for results. be interesting if the fda takes this up (<30,000 trial participants) before the u.s. results come up. or they combine.

we have a bead on novavax early production.
wow, that's amazing. it's a hoax, though. we don't really need it.

plus we have a lot of vaccine rolling out. but it does look like we should've boosted production 8 months ago with novavax. fail.

You ok there sparky? Forget to switch accounts?

hahaha.
i guess we're all vaccined out. i'll look for bigger news!

will dig further into the ascidian aplidium albicans.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:29 pmwill dig further into the ascidian aplidium albicans.
Latin flashbacks :shock:

Agricola. Agricolae. Agricolarum. Agricolis. Agricolas. Agrilcolis...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:20 pm https://apple.news/AiELdO2AnS4S5Nfx6QewERA

This is what I figured months ago when I saw the % of nursing home deaths in NY was lower than everywhere else....I haven’t checked but my guess is NY looks more like other states after this adjustment....common sense.
who knows what their numbers are if they're bent on not being transparent.

the country has moved on. maybe the advocates in new york haven't. good luck to them.
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

Fredo’s brother was cooking the books in NY after he sentenced those old people to death.

We all knew it then, and some of us pointed it out here. Only to get shouted down and told we were imagining things.

Apparently not.

Cuomo was so hell bent on being seen as the know-it-all, tough guy, he had to bullshirt. Imagine that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:27 am Fredo’s brother was cooking the books in NY after he sentenced those old people to death.

We all knew it then, and some of us pointed it out here. Only to get shouted down and told we were imagining things.

Apparently not.

Cuomo was so hell bent on being seen as the know-it-all, tough guy, he had to bullshirt. Imagine that.
King Andy lied to the people he benevolently rules?? Who would have saw that coming? His own AG is calling him out. When Tish James latches on to your chestnuts yer in trouble. Maybe Joltin Joe still has a spot for King Andy in his administration? The Kings act grew tiresome a very long time ago. It took a long time but even the folks in his own party see him for the pile of excrement that he is.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:47 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:27 am Fredo’s brother was cooking the books in NY after he sentenced those old people to death.

Apparently not.

King Andy lied to the people he benevolently rules?? Who would have saw that coming? His own AG is calling him out. When Tish James latches on to your chestnuts yer in trouble. Maybe Joltin Joe still has a spot for King Andy in his administration? The Kings act grew tiresome a very long time ago. It took a long time but even the folks in his own party see him for the pile of excrement that he is.
You guys are silly. He has won awards, for inspired leadership, and written books. How can you not see the greatness in him? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:38 am

Apparently not.

You guys are silly. He has won awards, for inspired leadership, and written books. How can you not see the greatness in him? ;) :lol:
It takes a profound, deep thinking FLP type of individual to see the greatness in King Andy. ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 am

Apparently not.

It takes a profound, deep thinking FLP type of individual to see the greatness in King Andy. ;)
Cuomo has to go. Who's on deck? You guys are much more aware of NY politics than I am.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:57 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 am

Apparently not.

Cuomo has to go. Who's on deck? You guys are much more aware of NY politics than I am.
I don't agree with her politics. The one thing for certain is that it has to by state regulation proclaimed by King Andy, ;) be a democrat. IMO Tish James is the new rock star in NYS. If she challenges the King, i think she beats his ass hands down, not even a close election. If you want to look into the future... Tish James could be the Democrat candidate in 2024, she checks every Democrat box they have and she is a very talented orator. She is my pick, she is one very tough, no nonsense person.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:53 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:10 pm Given that timeframe (not good in my view), I wonder how many they would have available right off the bat, if they get approved?
here is what i posted a couple weeks ago, so some time elapse:
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 am https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecu ... on-delays/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/johns ... li=BBnb7Kz

good news, bad news. prelim results on safety and developing anti-bodies for jnj vaxx looks v good (see link 1 to nejm study) we'll see on illness prevention maybe soon enough.

without giving a full explanation, jnj had plans to start out very slow with production, and now that's delayed. maybe substantially. tho they do mention they may be caught up by april, which looks like it was in their plans to be the big 1st month anyway. tbd.

the fda took approx one month for pfizer and moderna approval, and i suspect something there or shorter here. read they've been updating all along to fda on safety where moderna and pfizer was not so much, for whatever reason. so maybe approval late feb, with no vaccine to give out.
here is the nyt article if the msn copy is no longer any good:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/heal ... ogin=email

here are some other prelim details on safety and antibodies:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/covid-v ... ponse.html

here is a board member popping off a week ago that they can do still do 100 million by april "or so":
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/21/jj-plan ... -says.html

so contract (from nyt) looks like it was something close to:
12 million by end feb
more in march
60 million by end april
100 million by june

and trailing on production. for now. will they catch up? anyone's guess.
Thanks. Very helpful.

Anything is better than nothing. Sooner is better than later. Sounds like this won’t be a game changer in the short run, but that it may at least make a dent.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/29/covid-v ... where.html

"J&J said the vaccine was 85% effective in preventing severe disease four weeks after vaccination in all adults."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Some may recall my talking about my son's return from China in February. Had been in Shanghai in January, then Thailand for 17 days (Thailand did have virus reports by then), flew back through Hong Kong, Chicago, Miami...masked the whole way, health screening in Thailand, HK...then no health screens in Chicago or Miami, Asians wearing masks on planes, Americans taking them off once in US.....he was alarmed by the lack of care, no masks in US...

Apparently our health officials greeting groups specifically from Wuhan during that period were told not to wear masks because of "bad optics"...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... vacuation/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:54 am Some may recall my talking about my son's return from China in February. Had been in Shanghai in January, then Thailand for 17 days (Thailand did have virus reports by then), flew back through Hong Kong, Chicago, Miami...masked the whole way, health screening in Thailand, HK...then no health screens in Chicago or Miami, Asians wearing masks on planes, Americans taking them off once in US.....he was alarmed by the lack of care, no masks in US...

Apparently our health officials greeting groups specifically from Wuhan during that period were told not to wear masks because of "bad optics"...

I always talk MD about the stupidity or maybe the ignorance of some people. My wife goes in next week to get her second shot. You wanna know what the 64 thousand dollar question is with her fellow medical workers... well, why do we still have to wear masks now if we are protected? When she explains it to them in plain English, they still don't get it... :roll: Ron White said in his stand up comedy routine that you can't fix stupid. i use to think he was just being funny. I believe now he is more right than I ever imagined.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:02 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:54 am Some may recall my talking about my son's return from China in February. Had been in Shanghai in January, then Thailand for 17 days (Thailand did have virus reports by then), flew back through Hong Kong, Chicago, Miami...masked the whole way, health screening in Thailand, HK...then no health screens in Chicago or Miami, Asians wearing masks on planes, Americans taking them off once in US.....he was alarmed by the lack of care, no masks in US...

I always talk MD about the stupidity or maybe the ignorance of some people. My wife goes in next week to get her second shot. You wanna know what the 64 thousand dollar question is with her fellow medical workers... well, why do we still have to wear masks now if we are protected? When she explains it to them in plain English, they still don't get it... :roll: Ron White said in his stand up comedy routine that you can't fix stupid. i use to think he was just being funny. I believe now he is more right than I ever imagined.
After reading a few of the posts above, you are right.....you can’t fix stupid....I have witnessed it here over the years.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 am
njbill wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:10 pm Given that timeframe (not good in my view), I wonder how many they would have available right off the bat, if they get approved?
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 am https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecu ... on-delays/

good news, bad news. prelim results on safety and developing anti-bodies for jnj vaxx looks v good (see link 1 to nejm study) we'll see on illness prevention maybe soon enough.

without giving a full explanation, jnj had plans to start out very slow with production, and now that's delayed. maybe substantially. tho they do mention they may be caught up by april, which looks like it was in their plans to be the big 1st month anyway. tbd.

the fda took approx one month for pfizer and moderna approval, and i suspect something there or shorter here. read they've been updating all along to fda on safety where moderna and pfizer was not so much, for whatever reason. so maybe approval late feb, with no vaccine to give out.

here is a board member popping off a week ago that they can do still do 100 million by april "or so":

12 million by end feb
more in march
60 million by end april
100 million by june

Thanks. Very helpful.

Anything is better than nothing. Sooner is better than later. Sounds like this won’t be a game changer in the short run, but that it may at least make a dent.

"J&J said the vaccine was 85% effective in preventing severe disease four weeks after vaccination in all adults."
nice. hopefully the headlines on it are full and info plentiful. these are good results. spun wrong, the public may not agree.

either way, the one shot should make things loads easier for states and keep them from holding back. carriage is a breeze. and easier for peeps, one time step up and go. april though.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:12 am

After reading a few of the posts above, you are right.....you can’t fix stupid....I have witnessed it here over the years.
I still don't get it. Wear your damn mask, it is not that hard of a concept to understand. It is not a republican or a democrat thing, it is a freaking common sense thing. So many people are still getting all huffy about the government telling them what to do. We could argue all day long about the foul ups our leaders have made. That does not change the rules of the road. I wear my mask everywhere I go when I have to go to the store I sanitize my hands before and after every trip into the store. i will be damned if it has not worked like a charm so far.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:32 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 am

12 million by end feb
more in march
60 million by end april
100 million by june

Thanks. Very helpful.

nice. hopefully the headlines on it are full and info plentiful. these are good results. spun wrong, the public may not agree.

either way, the one shot should make things loads easier for states and keep them from holding back. carriage is a breeze. and easier for peeps, one time step up and go. april though.
Would it be faulty logic to say that the J&J shot might be best done on the younger folks, and the least likely to have severe reactions if infected? Use the double dose (higher efficacy) on older or higher risk (old or young) folks?

Complicating all this may be resistance of the Brazil variant and possibly the South African variant, but separate question and hopefully resolvable with booster or modification.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:39 am

I still don't get it. Wear your damn mask, it is not that hard of a concept to understand. It is not a republican or a democrat thing, it is a freaking common sense thing. So many people are still getting all huffy about the government telling them what to do. We could argue all day long about the foul ups our leaders have made. That does not change the rules of the road. I wear my mask everywhere I go when I have to go to the store I sanitize my hands before and after every trip into the store. i will be damned if it has not worked like a charm so far.
Keep it up, and distancing...nothing's perfect, but we each contribute to the whole being better, and to reducing risk in our own circles. Ain't rocket science.

Not for nuthin' but I get the feeling there's a significant overlap between those who toss trash out their windows and those who refuse to mask...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:49 am

Keep it up, and distancing...nothing's perfect, but we each contribute to the whole being better, and to reducing risk in our own circles. Ain't rocket science.

Not for nuthin' but I get the feeling there's a significant overlap between those who toss trash out their windows and those who refuse to mask...
There were 2 events in my family last year that broke my heart. My family does not have the chance to get together all that often. Thanksgiving and Christmas eve at my sisters house have always been special to me. They did not happen this year, my sister just was not willing to take the risk. We all have to do our part, people that believe otherwise are being selfish and inconsiderate in our nations fight to get Covid under control. This virus is nothing we can't handle if we all just play by a very simple set of rules. It is not easy but it is not that hard either.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:56 am

There were 2 events in my family last year that broke my heart. My family does not have the chance to get together all that often. Thanksgiving and Christmas eve at my sisters house have always been special to me. They did not happen this year, my sister just was not willing to take the risk. We all have to do our part, people that believe otherwise are being selfish and inconsiderate in our nations fight to get Covid under control. This virus is nothing we can't handle if we all just play by a very simple set of rules. It is not easy but it is not that hard either.
I caught Fox and Friends this morning...one of the hosts was in a TN diner. Every person interviewed and all those around them, including the host, weren't wearing masks. Of course they were eating...didn't seem like a lot of social distancing.

There is ZERO chance those folks will infect me...I wont go near that setting. Those some folks may infect others, that could ultimately impact me....now that pissed me off.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:56 am

I caught Fox and Friends this morning...one of the hosts was in a TN diner. Every person interviewed and all those around them, including the host, weren't wearing masks. Of course they were eating...didn't seem like a lot of social distancing.

There is ZERO chance those folks will infect me...I wont go near that setting. Those some folks may infect others, that could ultimately impact me....now that ticked me off.
My wife and I have not gone out to dinner since last April. We love dining out, we gave it up, it was not worth the risk. We do take out one or 2 days a week. I am lucky enough that my Italian wife is allowing me to cook in her kitchen. Tonight I am grilling chicken legs served with sticky rice. It has been a tough adjustment, i don't understand why so many people keep doing stupid things that help spread the virus.

Return to “POLITICS”