All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

Citing studies that say 1) spread among kids and 2) spread outside are both limited, local MD rec programs are re-opening outdoor fields for play on February 1.

Additionally, many MD public schools will be returning for (optional) 1 day a week school by March 15.
wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-202 ... rs-2020-05

so now, 11-12 months in... we care about ct values. and you're no longer covid positive if asymptomatic, get another test. nuts.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

This is really disgusting. I don't understand why the Feds can't just not do business with these people.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

Steve Schmidt was on fire on Nicole Wallace’s show this afternoon. Laid out a pretty scathing argument that the T**** administration, led by Jared, calculated that the coronavirus pandemic would disproportionately impact the blue states. Accordingly, Schmidt contended, they purposefully downplayed the national response in the expectation that the virus would harm their enemies in the blue states.

A story that has been under reported concerns what the T**** administration will do with its documents. The document preservation law is a bit convoluted, but outgoing presidents have more control than you would think over their documents, at least for a period of time.

While they have a fair amount of control over the documents, I don’t think that gives them the right to destroy documents that constitute government records. It will be interesting to me to see how this shakes out down the road. In particular, whether the T**** team destroys records they should have retained. That might be hard to prove and it may require a forensic document investigation. Also, it will be interesting to see what the documents that are preserved say.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:34 pm Steve Schmidt was on fire on Nicole Wallace’s show this afternoon. Laid out a pretty scathing argument that the T**** administration, led by Jared, calculated that the coronavirus pandemic would disproportionately impact the blue states. Accordingly, Schmidt contended, they purposefully downplayed the national response in the expectation that the virus would harm their enemies in the blue states.

A story that has been under reported concerns what the T**** administration will do with its documents. The document preservation law is a bit convoluted, but outgoing presidents have more control than you would think over their documents, at least for a period of time.

While they have a fair amount of control over the documents, I don’t think that gives them the right to destroy documents that constitute government records. It will be interesting to me to see how this shakes out down the road. In particular, whether the T**** team destroys records they should have retained. That might be hard to prove and it may require a forensic document investigation. Also, it will be interesting to see what the documents that are preserved say.
The previous administration gets a pass.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 pm https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-202 ... rs-2020-05

so now, 11-12 months in... we care about ct values. and you're no longer covid positive if asymptomatic, get another test. nuts.
More nuts....when politics and science converge for the better....of optics.

~DC lifts inside dining two days after Biden is elected...and yet Jan. 20 was the highest death count day
~ 23 Jan - Chicago reopens indoor dining
~ 25 Jan - Ca. lifts stay at home order
~ 3 DEC-2020 Ca stay at home order enacted & LA County bed usage was~2500 : Today, lifted left stay home order LA County Bed usage was at ~6600
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:04 pm https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-202 ... rs-2020-05

~DC lifts inside dining two days after Biden is elected...and yet Jan. 20 was the highest death count day
~ 3 DEC-2020 Ca stay at home order enacted & LA County bed usage was~2500 : Today, lifted left stay home order LA County Bed usage was at ~6600
Stay at home orders are meant to change the trajectory of the hospitalization - and the ultimate data choice of when to lift them should be when the rate of new admissions has reduced. Not anywhere the same as the actual bed usage.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Wait a minute. Aren’t you guys the ones who complained about the imposition of these types of orders? And now you’re complaining that they are being lifted?

Gee, if I didn’t know better, I’d think there’s a new president from a different party in the White House now.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Stay at home orders are meant to change the trajectory of the hospitalization - and the ultimate data choice of when to lift them should be when the rate of new admissions has reduced. Not anywhere the same as the actual bed usage.
What on this data set tells you things are okay to relax? https://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/ ... hboard.pdf
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Wait a minute. Aren’t you guys the ones who complained about the imposition of these types of orders? And now you’re complaining that they are being lifted?

Gee, if I didn’t know better, I’d think there’s a new president from a different party in the White House now.
Yes, and all of a sudden, with a new sheriff in town, they are changing behaviors.....why is that?
~Livy

njbill

Post by njbill »

I imagine it’s because we are now past the holiday surge, numbers are (thankfully) declining, and people are now getting vaccinated.

Apologies for repeating myself, but as we are getting the most vulnerable vaccinated (we’re not there yet, but are on the way), then pressure on the hospitals is relieved, and it makes more sense to open things up.

But if you want to continue to live under the old, closed up, rules, be my guest. ;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

past the holiday surge!!!
njbill

Post by njbill »

So we knew back in April/May (or thereabouts) that we would need 600 million doses of the vaccine to vaccinate 300 million Americans.

Why on God’s green earth did the T**** administration not enter into agreements, or options, back then with the manufacturers to produce that quantity of doses?

Yeah, I know, we didn’t know which vaccine candidates would be successful back then. So what? The agreements and options would have been structured to be renewable or cancelable depending on the progress of the candidates.

We wouldn’t be paying for all of the vaccines upfront anyway. We would pay as you go. Exercise or decline options as appropriate. Enter into new options if appropriate. Structure the deals with the various candidates based on progress, good or bad.

If the manufacturers balked, the president should have told them, “let me introduce you to my little friend, the defense production act.” Now sign here.

That was one of T****’s biggest failures. Not invoking the DPA for vaccine manufacture. Maybe Steve Schmidt’s theory is right.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 pm past the holiday surge!!!
I thought you said there was no holiday surge?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

we did. we have options for example on 500 million total each for both moderna and pfizer, i believe. (or 600 in one case)

joe just exercised or at least announced today another 100 million for each today.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 pm past the holiday surge!!!
I thought you said there was no holiday surge?
not quite, but close. i've said there's no real evidence there was one.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm we did. we have options for example on 500 million total each for both moderna and pfizer, i believe. (or 600 in one case)

joe just exercised or at least announced today another 100 million for each today.
Why didn’t T**** exercise the options months ago? Rhetorical question, not directed at you personally.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:57 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 pm we did. we have options for example on 500 million total each for both moderna and pfizer, i believe. (or 600 in one case)

Why didn’t T**** exercise the options months ago? Rhetorical question, not directed at you personally.
several reasons.
but primary reasons seem to be other candidates (diversification expected) and in lieu of that, moderna and pfizer couldn't or wouldn't release any quicker to us. there was an opportunity prior to late summer where we probably could've corralled more of both. and gobbled the world supply.

not sure how that would've played p.r. wise.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, the fact that the T**** administration passed on the option to contract for more Pfizer and Moderna supply has been well documented.

I just don’t get it. Even if you end up with excess supply, you certainly could sell it around the world.
njbill

Post by njbill »

In terms of public relations, I would think it would’ve been a positive, to be able to say to the American people during the fall campaign that we have contracted for such and such amount of vaccine so that if and when it is approved, we will have enough in very short order to get everybody vaccinated.

Return to “POLITICS”