CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:25 pm
Sounds like Bloomers is repeating the same bullchit that just is not true. There is not one single Vietnam vet that I ever served under that would not have busted open the face of some long haired, maggot infested hippie that wanted to get in their grill about serving in vietnam. These combat veterans had survived in the jungle fighting the viet cong and the NVA. A stoned out hippie would have been less annoying than a skeeter. How many old hippies walking around today with no teeth would be directly proportional to how many veterans they spit on.

Veterans spat on by tRUMP:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/

Back in the 1960s I never saw any hippy-dippy type ever say that about veterans. In fact, many of them were vets.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm Salty, you do realize that you were outraged by a Congresswoman's mentioning her military experience?
I called her out for her implying that her military experience gave her a special ability to recognize her colleagues facilitating a subversive recon mission, ...after her chief of staff told her about it.

The only thing she has in common with the Ranger discussion is that she & Crow are misusing their military experience as the basis for unfounded political smears on their (R) colleagues.
Cotton has clearly exaggerated his record
Your opinion, stated as fact. Contradicted by many soldiers far better qualified than you to opine.

Do you think the media or Army.mil were in error for referring to Gen Milley, the current CJCS, & the first 2 female grads of Ranger school as "Rangers" ? I'll go with Army.mil over Salon.
And your opinion has been contradicted by many Rangers far better qualified than you to opine.

Cotton exaggerated for political benefit, no doubt about it. Your cited Ranger General is uncomfortable with the conflict, wants Crow to focus on other matters, and certainly that's fair...except that it's pretty clear that he's a political player himself else he'd have picked up the phone rather than using social media...ego? or politics...

But yes, your post again reveals that your real issue is that the target of critique is an R...
Any thoughts on the 2 women soldiers being referred to as Rangers, or the Army's official website referring to the former Army Chief & current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs as a Ranger ? None of them served in the 75th.

You have yet to provide any evidence of the Generals political leanings, other than the anti-Trump positions already reported.

Obviously there is confusion & differences of opinion, even within the Army, on the use of the term.
When did the Army officially promulgate your preferred distinction ? After the above cited examples ?
Why did Newsweek now have to go back & change their 2015 article after they repeated the Salon smear job ?
No, I have zero thoughts on any other misuses of the terminology. The only issue at hand is a politician exaggerating for effect, when it would have been so easy to have not done so with plenty of honorable, creditable effect.

I don't need to know the General's leanings, I simply need to know that he took a political approach to slapping a politician of one party one behalf of one of another party, when he could have just picked up the phone...the stuff I could find on various other post retirement appearances put him very much in the camp I would recognize as more traditional military perspectives on the ME, generally supported by Republicans, at least pre-Trump. Doesn't necessarily make him lean Republican, but pretty good odds.
Whaddya know. The 2nd Cav (still in Germany, hasn't pulled out yet) is fielding a team to compete in the Army's Best Ranger competition.
How can that be ? They're not part of the 75th. I guess they didn't get the word either, or they don't read Salon. Maybe Jason Crow will be a judge.
https://www.facebook.com/2ndCavalryRegi ... =3&theater
http://www.bestrangercompetition.com/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:14 pm Salty, you do realize that you were outraged by a Congresswoman's mentioning her military experience?
I called her out for her implying that her military experience gave her a special ability to recognize her colleagues facilitating a subversive recon mission, ...after her chief of staff told her about it.

The only thing she has in common with the Ranger discussion is that she & Crow are misusing their military experience as the basis for unfounded political smears on their (R) colleagues.
Your opinion, stated as fact. Contradicted by many soldiers far better qualified than you to opine.

Do you think the media or Army.mil were in error for referring to Gen Milley, the current CJCS, & the first 2 female grads of Ranger school as "Rangers" ? I'll go with Army.mil over Salon.
And your opinion has been contradicted by many Rangers far better qualified than you to opine.

Cotton exaggerated for political benefit, no doubt about it. Your cited Ranger General is uncomfortable with the conflict, wants Crow to focus on other matters, and certainly that's fair...except that it's pretty clear that he's a political player himself else he'd have picked up the phone rather than using social media...ego? or politics...

But yes, your post again reveals that your real issue is that the target of critique is an R...
Any thoughts on the 2 women soldiers being referred to as Rangers, or the Army's official website referring to the former Army Chief & current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs as a Ranger ? None of them served in the 75th.

You have yet to provide any evidence of the Generals political leanings, other than the anti-Trump positions already reported.

Obviously there is confusion & differences of opinion, even within the Army, on the use of the term.
When did the Army officially promulgate your preferred distinction ? After the above cited examples ?
Why did Newsweek now have to go back & change their 2015 article after they repeated the Salon smear job ?
No, I have zero thoughts on any other misuses of the terminology. The only issue at hand is a politician exaggerating for effect, when it would have been so easy to have not done so with plenty of honorable, creditable effect.

I don't need to know the General's leanings, I simply need to know that he took a political approach to slapping a politician of one party one behalf of one of another party, when he could have just picked up the phone...the stuff I could find on various other post retirement appearances put him very much in the camp I would recognize as more traditional military perspectives on the ME, generally supported by Republicans, at least pre-Trump. Doesn't necessarily make him lean Republican, but pretty good odds.
Whaddya know. The 2nd Cav (still in Germany, hasn't pulled out yet) is fielding a team to compete in the Army's Best Ranger competition.
How can that be ? They're not part of the 75th. I guess they didn't get the word either, or they don't read Salon. Maybe Jason Crow will be a judge.
“The competition has evolved over the past thirty eight years from once that was originally created to salute the best two man "buddy" team in the Ranger Department at Fort Benning, GA to determine the best two-man team from the entire United States Armed Forces.”

Old Ranger.....I wonder if Salon or People Magazine will cover it?....kind of water downs best “Ranger” eh?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:39 pm

“The competition has evolved over the past thirty eight years from once that was originally created to salute the best two man "buddy" team in the Ranger Department at Fort Benning, GA to determine the best two-man team from the entire United States Armed Forces.”

Old Ranger.....I wonder if Salon or People Magazine will cover it?....kind of water downs best “Ranger” eh?
Yep. The authentic Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment must be really frustrated.
Maybe Crow & Cotton can team up & represent Congress as Ranger buddies.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:39 pm

Yep. The authentic Rangers of the 75th Ranger Regiment must be really frustrated.
Maybe Crow & Cotton can team up & represent Congress as Ranger buddies.
Yep....anyone in any branch of the military can be a Ranger....even the best Ranger....have fun.
“I wish you would!”
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

The “law & order” President. Sure.
Another example that EVERYTHING Trump does is about him. The fact that Barr was so willing to go along is most likely more nuanced.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/30/us/ ... orism.html
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ToastDunk wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:00 am The “law & order” President. Sure.
Another example that EVERYTHING Trump does is about him. The fact that Barr was so willing to go along is most likely more nuanced.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/30/us/ ... orism.html
Right; moving investigative resources away from the "very fine people" on his side, with the complicity of the AG, and focusing the law enforcement power of the state on perceived political opponents. Completely normal in Trumpworld.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

A good piece on white extremism in our military and the challenges ahead in dealing with it.

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2021/0 ... ry/171744/

”We need to recognize that the military cannot fully eradicate a scourge that is breeding and expanding around it. The military has a growing extremism problem because America does. Service members who embrace violent extremism are thankfully few; Americans citizens who do so are sadly far too many. As a nation we need to deal with both.”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Data suggesting now that the Proud Boys did, in fact, stand back and stand by, until January 6:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/nyre ... e=Homepage

"When Ethan Nordean, the “sergeant of arms” for the Seattle Proud Boys, led a mob of his fellow far-right nationalists on a winding march to the Capitol last month, an angry crowd had already gathered at the barricades, facing off against a small detachment of the Capitol Police.

It was then, court papers say, that Mr. Nordean had a brief exchange with a young man in the throng wearing goggles, a battle helmet and head-to-toe military garb. Within an hour, court papers say, that man, Robert Gieswein, was among the first wave of violent rioters to break into the Capitol, breaching the building through a window shattered by a Proud Boy from New York.

In a flurry of court papers filed in recent days — in four separate cases against six individual Proud Boys — federal officials have painted scenes like this, assembling the first draft of a narrative that suggests the Proud Boys brought some coordination to the Capitol attack. While prosecutors have not issued an overarching indictment accusing the group of a detailed conspiracy to storm the halls of Congress, they have left hints in the record that they believe a measure of planning went into disrupting the certification of the presidential vote.

In a criminal complaint released on Wednesday night, for instance, prosecutors said that days before the Capitol attack, Mr. Nordean issued a call on social media asking for donations of “protective gear” and declared during his podcast, “We are in a war.”

In previous filings, the government has said that some group members went to the Capitol with communication equipment and that leaders ordered subordinates to show up undercover, not in their typical black-and-yellow shirts.

The Proud Boys, who have long been some of former President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal and violent supporters, have been a chief focus of the F.B.I.’s inquiry into the Capitol assault — not the least because they were one of the extremist groups with a large and visible presence in Washington on Jan. 6. In the past few weeks, nearly a dozen people with links to the group have been charged in connection with the riot that caused five deaths and injuries to nearly 140 police officers. But according to the evidence released so far in court files, only about half that number appear to have worked together during the attack.

On Wednesday, the Proud Boys came under increased pressure as the Canadian government moved to formally designate them as a terrorist organization, a step that could lead to financial seizures and allow the police to treat any crime committed by members as terrorist activity. After initially disavowing the violence at the Capitol, the chairman of the group, Enrique Tarrio, has largely gone silent, chased off the public stage by revelations that he had once cooperated secretly with the police and F.B.I.

Lawyers for some of the Proud Boys facing charges denied that their clients had conspired to storm the Capitol. One of the group’s top leaders, Joseph Biggs, who was arrested late last month, declined to comment when reached by phone on Tuesday. In an interview on the day of the attack, Mr. Biggs, who helped Mr. Nordean lead the Proud Boy march on Capitol Hill, said that the attack had not been planned, but “literally happened in seconds.”

And yet, prosecutors say, in late December, Mr. Tarrio, apparently planning for a pro-Trump “Save America” rally in Washington on Jan. 6, posted a message on the social media app Parler, telling the Proud Boys to attend the event in small teams and “incognito,” instead of in their trademark polo shirts. Those messages were quickly echoed both by Mr. Biggs and Mr. Nordean, prosecutors said.

Two days before the march, prosecutors noted, Mr. Nordean, who is sometimes known as Rufio Panman, posted an episode of his podcast, “Rebel Talk with Rufio,” on Parler in which he likened the Proud Boys to “soldiers of the right wing.” He also discussed what he described as “rampant voter fraud” in the presidential election, saying that the Proud Boys could not afford to be complacent, but had to “bring back that original spirit of 1776 of what really established the character of what America is.”

On the day of the Capitol attack, Mr. Nordean, a burly 30-year-old from Washington State, joined Mr. Biggs, a former soldier who lives in Florida, on the east side of the Capitol, prosecutors said, where they had mustered a large group of Proud Boys, many of whom were wearing orange hats, apparently as an identifying marker. In a video of the gathering, someone in the crowd was captured yelling, with an expletive, “Let’s take the Capitol!”

Moving into the streets, Mr. Biggs and Mr. Nordean then led the Proud Boys to a pedestrian entrance to the Capitol grounds, prosecutors said, where a much larger crowd was already confronting the Capitol Police, positioned behind a waist-high metal barrier. After the crowd broke through the barrier, court papers said, Mr. Nordean and some of his fellow Proud Boys surged toward the building, where another line of officers tried to stop them from entering.

It was amid this chaos, prosecutors said, that Mr. Nordean spoke with Mr. Gieswein, a 24-year-old Coloradan who has been accused in a federal complaint of having links to the right-wing militia group the Three Percenters. While no court papers reflect what Mr. Nordean may have said to Mr. Gieswein, not long after the conversation, Mr. Gieswein helped to lead the first charge on the Capitol, climbing through a broken window carrying a baseball bat."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Thayer said the Martyrs have allied themselves with fellow “Three Percenter” militia the American Brotherhood of Patriots and American Patriots USA (APUSA), a north Georgia group headed by Chester Doles, a Dahlonega resident who belonged to various racist and neo-Nazi hate groups before forming the new group in 2019. The combined groups will advocate for Georgia’s secession from the union through an amendment to the U.S. Constitution or through “the collapse of the American experiment,” Thayer said.

“For the last 150 years, the Imperial Yankee culture of the northeast has been molding Georgia — and the South in general — into its ‘perfect’ image,” he said.

https://www.ajc.com/news/militia-allian ... BQZBK2IVY/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:52 pm Thayer said the Martyrs have allied themselves with fellow “Three Percenter” militia the American Brotherhood of Patriots and American Patriots USA (APUSA), a north Georgia group headed by Chester Doles, a Dahlonega resident who belonged to various racist and neo-Nazi hate groups before forming the new group in 2019. The combined groups will advocate for Georgia’s secession from the union through an amendment to the U.S. Constitution or through “the collapse of the American experiment,” Thayer said.

“For the last 150 years, the Imperial Yankee culture of the northeast has been molding Georgia — and the South in general — into its ‘perfect’ image,” he said.

https://www.ajc.com/news/militia-allian ... BQZBK2IVY/
At least he fights for something....
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTuSRiFPoc

I fight for this
I remember when that “LP” came out.....you ever watch the hip hop documentary on Netflix?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Started it and passed out so need to watch through. Love the Beastie Boys though. Had that tape when I was going to summer camp at the YMCA at around 7 or 8. Got in some trouble spitting the lyrics from Paul Revere a few times too.

Now I got the gun, you got the brew
You got two choices of what you can do...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Neo-Nazi who planned to blow up synagogue sentenced to 19 years
Source: MSN

A Colorado man who prosecutors say is a self-identified neo-Nazi was sentenced to more than 19 years for a plan to blow up one of the state's oldest synagogues, officials said.

Richard Holzer, 28, was sentenced to 235 months, or around 19 1/2 years, in prison and 15 years of supervised release for the plan to target Temple Emanuel Synagogue in Pueblo, said the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado.

Holzer in October pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime and an explosives count. While he planned to blow up the synagogue, which was built in 1900, he was unknowingly in contact with the FBI.

Holzer confessed after his arrest and said that while he didn't plan to kill anyone, he still would have gone ahead with the attack even if people had been inside, according to court documents.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ne ... plocalnews

No surprise that this type of bigotry and treason grew so much under the tRUMP regime.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:46 am Neo-Nazi who planned to blow up synagogue sentenced to 19 years
Source: MSN

A Colorado man who prosecutors say is a self-identified neo-Nazi was sentenced to more than 19 years for a plan to blow up one of the state's oldest synagogues, officials said.

Richard Holzer, 28, was sentenced to 235 months, or around 19 1/2 years, in prison and 15 years of supervised release for the plan to target Temple Emanuel Synagogue in Pueblo, said the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado.

Holzer in October pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime and an explosives count. While he planned to blow up the synagogue, which was built in 1900, he was unknowingly in contact with the FBI.

Holzer confessed after his arrest and said that while he didn't plan to kill anyone, he still would have gone ahead with the attack even if people had been inside, according to court documents.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ne ... plocalnews

No surprise that this type of bigotry and treason grew so much under the tRUMP regime.
I dunno if it actually "grew" during the past 4 years, but it certainly was allowed to come out of the dark, from under the rocks. Given warmth and shelter by Trump.

That said, this Q stuff seems to have had a viral lunacy component that actually pulled in people who hadn't been nut jobs before. So, maybe "grew" happened with the Neo-Nazi sorts as well...

The Internet has certainly been utilized by all sorts of whack jobs...and the lunacy right now from the Trumpist GOP is off the hook bad.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:57 pm
I dunno if it actually "grew" during the past 4 years, but it certainly was allowed to come out of the dark, from under the rocks. Given warmth and shelter by Trump.

That said, this Q stuff seems to have had a viral lunacy component that actually pulled in people who hadn't been nut jobs before. So, maybe "grew" happened with the Neo-Nazi sorts as well...

The Internet has certainly been utilized by all sorts of whack jobs...and the lunacy right now from the Trumpist GOP is off the hook bad.

I am convinced that it has grown. After all, it is no secret that radical reich wingers are predisposed to be stupid and to readily believe any garbage put forth by the toilet brained delusionals of the far right with Dump chief among them. With social media such as FB, twitter, and others these fruitcakes spread their excretia everywhere. Not a shred of truth in any of it. But somehow it becomes Gospel to the mentally deficient numbskulls of that political persuasion. With that, all the hate smolders and gets kindled.

DocBarrister

White Supremacist Trash Talking Secession Again

Post by DocBarrister »

This dangerous, racist movement is being led, of course, by Texas ... a garbage pauper state that receives far more federal money than it gives back in taxes.

While much of the secessionist rhetoric remains couched in claims about things like fiscal responsibility and burdensome federal regulations, it doesn’t take much to discern the ethno-nationalism driving the push. Just like so much of Trumpian America, secession in places like Texas is rooted in a combination of nativism, xenophobia and white racial grievance. Texas secession Facebook pages are saturated with fantasies of forcing Democrats to leave the state, seizing their property and forcing them to “convert” (to what is unclear). Just like the Confederates before them, this modern secessionist ethos is rooted at least in large part in maintaining white supremacy and authoritarian governance, regardless of the costs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/p ... cna1259016

We have, of course, seen “white grievance” posts on our own little forum.

The same kind of racist trash that plagued mid-19th century America is once again threatening the Union.

Some folks never learn .... :roll:

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
PizzaSnake

Re: White Supremacist Trash Talking Secession Again

Post by PizzaSnake »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:03 pm This dangerous, racist movement is being led, of course, by Texas ... a garbage pauper state that receives far more federal money than it gives back in taxes.

While much of the secessionist rhetoric remains couched in claims about things like fiscal responsibility and burdensome federal regulations, it doesn’t take much to discern the ethno-nationalism driving the push. Just like so much of Trumpian America, secession in places like Texas is rooted in a combination of nativism, xenophobia and white racial grievance. Texas secession Facebook pages are saturated with fantasies of forcing Democrats to leave the state, seizing their property and forcing them to “convert” (to what is unclear). Just like the Confederates before them, this modern secessionist ethos is rooted at least in large part in maintaining white supremacy and authoritarian governance, regardless of the costs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/p ... cna1259016

We have, of course, seen “white grievance” posts on our own little forum.

The same kind of racist trash that plagued mid-19th century America is once again threatening the Union.

Some folks never learn .... :roll:

DocBarrister :?
Let them go. Mexico will slurp them up like a snack. Now that would add some piquancy to “Remember the Alamo”.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Let them go

Sure. After they have paid off their debt and taxes. While we're at it, let those losers pay back the bailout money they got from Obama.

Return to “POLITICS”