Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:25 am https://www.wdkx.com/jingle-bells-banne ... sial-past/

America is most definitely a racist nation. The fact we sing such a clearly racist song to celebrate Christmas proves it. :roll: You FLP whack job liberals are even more effed up in the head than even i thought possible. There is no stupid chit that comes out of the FLP interpretation of anything that will surprise me anymore. You people have less shame than any trump supporter on the planet.
Do you call your son-in-law Meathead?
Stifle now Edith... just stifle... and go get me a beer. :D

Since you brought it up... you do fit Archies definition of a meathead... dead from the neck up... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:09 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:25 am https://www.wdkx.com/jingle-bells-banne ... sial-past/

America is most definitely a racist nation. The fact we sing such a clearly racist song to celebrate Christmas proves it. :roll: You FLP whack job liberals are even more effed up in the head than even i thought possible. There is no stupid chit that comes out of the FLP interpretation of anything that will surprise me anymore. You people have less shame than any trump supporter on the planet.
So you get a bad bowl of spaghetti and write off every Italian on the planet. Your "reasoning" about things is really, mmm, interesting. Do you just find an article every morning that p*sses you off, generalize massively, erroneously and negatively from it, and post?
You don't get it counselor. Yes it ticks me off. It should tick you off as well. It should tick any sane person off. This research done by a professor at Boston University digging back 150 years ago to the origin of a song, and here is the operative word... MAY have been performed by white folks in blackface at a minstrel show... a hundred and fifty effing years ago. FTR my liberal sister who taught in the Brighton school district for many years thinks it is BS. My niece, who graduated from Boston University, though she doesn't know this professor thinks it is BS. I can equally challenge you about your reasoning as well counselor. Your the legal beagle beagle on this forum. This attempt at silencing people from singing an effing song is sorta, kinda the type of stuff that lawyers get ticked off about, yourself apparently being the exception. :D

Since it tis the season and Jingle Bells is now a racist song... let me present a really politically correct and insensitive version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1Zaef7XXA
Of course it's BS. I don't care about this because it has absolutely no effect on whether I will sing Jingle Bells or not. And, as usual, you miss the point by a galaxy or so. These little events are having their way with you like a rock star has his way with a teen girl. You are diverted and angered by these sorts of little irrelevancies. Why? Do you have a kid or grandkid in the school? Is the principal a friend? Who could possibly care, other than the parents there, about this? Instead, you take it to heart and extrapolate from it that "all 'FLPs' are bad." This is the stuff you get angry about while the GOP diminishes democracy. It's laughable.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:27 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:09 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm

So you get a bad bowl of spaghetti and write off every Italian on the planet. Your "reasoning" about things is really, mmm, interesting. Do you just find an article every morning that p*sses you off, generalize massively, erroneously and negatively from it, and post?
You don't get it counselor. Yes it ticks me off. It should tick you off as well. It should tick any sane person off. This research done by a professor at Boston University digging back 150 years ago to the origin of a song, and here is the operative word... MAY have been performed by white folks in blackface at a minstrel show... a hundred and fifty effing years ago. FTR my liberal sister who taught in the Brighton school district for many years thinks it is BS. My niece, who graduated from Boston University, though she doesn't know this professor thinks it is BS. I can equally challenge you about your reasoning as well counselor. Your the legal beagle beagle on this forum. This attempt at silencing people from singing an effing song is sorta, kinda the type of stuff that lawyers get ticked off about, yourself apparently being the exception. :D

Since it tis the season and Jingle Bells is now a racist song... let me present a really politically correct and insensitive version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1Zaef7XXA
Of course it's BS. I don't care about this because it has absolutely no effect on whether I will sing Jingle Bells or not. And, as usual, you miss the point by a galaxy or so. These little events are having their way with you like a rock star has his way with a teen girl. You are diverted and angered by these sorts of little irrelevancies. Why? Do you have a kid or grandkid in the school? Is the principal a friend? Who could possibly care, other than the parents there, about this? Instead, you take it to heart and extrapolate from it that "all 'FLPs' are bad." This is the stuff you get angry about while the GOP diminishes democracy. It's laughable.
You don't get it counselor, you have apparently no concept of why banning singing Jingle Bells is so dangerous. You make it sound so trivial and unimportant. The logic by this school administrator is mind numbingly stupid. He is validating research about something that MAY have happened 150 years ago to justify not allowing students to sing a song. I get angry because this is the kind of censorship FLP folks just love. I get just as angry that an esteemed legal mind couldn't give a damn one way or another. The first step to becoming a doormat is to lie down and let other people walk all over you. Maybe singing White Christmas should also be banned because maybe it is a subliminal message that supports White supremacists? :roll:
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

It's not dangerous. It's just stupid. And the fact that you don't know the difference makes you a good candidate for the GOP Congress.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:44 pm It's not dangerous. It's just stupid. And the fact that you don't know the difference makes you a good candidate for the GOP Congress.
Hell would freeze over before I would ever be considered a republican. I registered as a democrat in 1976 and voted for Jimmy Carter. If you had been paying attention counselor I have only repeated this a thousand times on this forum. As a lawyer your ability to pay attention to detail is not very impressive. Go back to beating that dead horse...🐎
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:44 pm It's not dangerous. It's just stupid. And the fact that you don't know the difference makes you a good candidate for the GOP Congress.
The fact that you as an esteemed member of the legal community don't see the danger is the real problem. FTR I watched our local news tonight, the school administrator that made this idiotic decision is taking all kinds of criticism from the folks that live in Brighton. Alot of them are Democrats and liberals just like you. :D
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:14 pm
The fact that you as an esteemed member of the legal community don't see the danger is the real problem. FTR I watched our local news tonight, the school administrator that made this idiotic decision is taking all kinds of criticism from the folks that live in Brighton. Alot of them are Democrats and liberals just like you. :D
You’re making my point. Dumb. Irrelevant. And consuming you.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Cradle you shouldn’t be surprised as the district also dropped the Barons nickname from the high school as they found it to be elitist and a symbol of privilege that can be traced to slavery.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:14 pm
You’re making my point. Dumb. Irrelevant. And consuming you.
Your making point. Your memory is fading counselor. You do recall how some of your liberal friends on this forum were outraged about a school district in Texas banning some books from being read by students. You could say their outrage was consuming them. It also appears your outrage is somewhat selective and random. I don't recall you lecturing your fellow liberals. ;)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6x6 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Cradle you shouldn’t be surprised as the district also dropped the Barons nickname from the high school as they found it to be elitist and a symbol of privilege that can be traced to slavery.
My sister taught at Brighton HS for many years. I don't think anything the leadership of that district does will ever surprise anyone. If you refer to them as FLP ideologues some folks on this forum get their panties twisted in a knot and start whining.
Bob Ross:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

What’s the big deal with dropping Baron from Brighton High School. The first time I arrived at that school to see a game I was puzzled by the unusual name. Why would anyone want to be known as the Barons?

Names change all the time. Should we be put off that Florida State U is no longer known by its earlier name of Florida Female College? Nebraska Huskers used to be known as the Cornhuskers. Too corny? Before that it was the Nebraska Bugeaters.

Barons doesn’t strike me as a positive school image. The chosen Bruins is much better and no one will care in a short time. I couldn’t even find an image of a Brighton Baron. That’s how lame it was. What kind of Baron represented Brighton? The lame lower nobility or the weaselly industrial baron that sucked the life out of its workers?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:58 am What’s the big deal with dropping Baron from Brighton High School. The first time I arrived at that school to see a game I was puzzled by the unusual name. Why would anyone want to be known as the Barons?

Names change all the time. Should we be put off that Florida State U is no longer known by its earlier name of Florida Female College? Nebraska Huskers used to be known as the Cornhuskers. Too corny? Before that it was the Nebraska Bugeaters.

Barons doesn’t strike me as a positive school image. The chosen Bruins is much better and no one will care in a short time. I couldn’t even find an image of a Brighton Baron. That’s how lame it was. What kind of Baron represented Brighton? The lame lower nobility or the weaselly industrial baron that sucked the life out of its workers?
The same logic applies to why the Penfield Chiefs had to become the Penfield Patriots. The same logic applies to why the Irondequoit Indians had to become the Irondequoit Eagles and so on and so on and so on. I'm waiting for the NFL, out of fairness and political correctness to force the Kansas City Chiefs to change their name as well. The politically correct folks have not lined them up in their sites yet. I'm guessing they are still zeroing in on them though. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:58 am What’s the big deal with dropping Baron from Brighton High School. The first time I arrived at that school to see a game I was puzzled by the unusual name. Why would anyone want to be known as the Barons?

If you understood the arrogance and elitism of Brighton residents over many years, the term Barons is most suitable.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 am

The same logic applies to why the Penfield Chiefs had to become the Penfield Patriots. The same logic applies to why the Irondequoit Indians had to become the Irondequoit Eagles and so on and so on and so on. I'm waiting for the NFL, out of fairness and political correctness to force the Kansas City Chiefs to change their name as well. The politically correct folks have not lined them up in their sites yet. I'm guessing they are still zeroing in on them though. :roll:
Stay focused on this sort of stuff.
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Very good read:

Unspeakable Truths about Racial Inequality in America
https://quillette.com/2021/02/10/unspea ... n-america/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:17 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:34 am

Stay focused on this sort of stuff.
I'm not focusing on anything counselor. I'm only expressing my own opinion. I can do it in under 50 paragraphs as well. That is not insinuating that you lawyers enjoy bloviating.. :D
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

State sues Virginia town over 'discriminatory' police practices

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... -virginia/

Virginia’s attorney general filed a lawsuit Thursday seeking a court-ordered monitor for the police force in the small town of Windsor, in the Hampton Roads area, where a Black military officer was subjected to a violent traffic stop that sparked outrage after video of the incident became public last spring.

The lawsuit follows a months-long inquiry in which Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) said his office found a pattern of discriminatory behavior by Windsor police, including excessive traffic stops of African Americans, in violation of the Virginia Human Rights Act and the Virginia Public Integrity and Law Enforcement Misconduct Act.

The legal action, filed in state court, comes a year after Army Lt. Caron Nazario, wearing his military fatigues, was held at gunpoint, struck, pepper-sprayed and handcuffed by Windsor police after they stopped him on Dec. 5, 2020, because his newly purchased SUV lacked permanent license plates. He said a temporary tag was taped to a window.

When Nazario told officers that he was “honestly afraid to get out” of his SUV, one of them replied, “Yeah, you should be!”

While it appears that the tide is turning much more needs to be done in order to end government police tyranny in the inner cities. Legislation such as this is one small step in that direction. Minneapolis took another step by ordering all those needless race based police stoppages of motorists. Still more can be done by ending qualified immunity and by throwing all the criminal cops who spread drugs and molest the public with their endless harassment and criminality into jail where they belong. De-criminalization of drugs in another constructive step that is essential.

For too long the USA has wasted its money and resources on so called human rights violations in China, or Cuba, or elsewhere while conveniently ignoring such crimes in fascist countries. It needlessly frets about the Russia-Ukraine border. Well, none of that is any of our business. Indeed, our business is to solve all domestic problems. Not problems overseas.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Penn has a bad track record — Dumpf, then Wax.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -condemned

‘ “As long as most Asians support Democrats and help to advance their positions, I think the United States is better off with fewer Asians and less Asian immigration,” Wax said.‘
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

...relax, it's called CRT. Nothing to see here, move along.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”