January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:02 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:19 pm (I can’t reply that quickly this week because I’m flying a lot all over this great country of ours)

I swear I could tell you the sun rose today and you’d say it didn’t. :lol:

Every single news organization including the ones you love have admitted this lowlife murderer was Antifa. He bragged about it. I don’t say this often because I believe in the powers of forgiveness and redemption, but this goon got what he deserved. He was set to kill many more folks besides the one he did. Good riddance. His own family hated him.
Most likely you did not fully read your own link ("None of the eyewitnesses interviewed by the Times stated that Reinoehl was holding a weapon". As for having his own family hating him, we have seen evidence that members of tRump's own family hate him as well. BTW, was Danielson's death funny?

Danielson was an innocent guy who loved his country. No criminal record whatsoever. His family loved him. Co-owned a moving company which he started. Taxpayer.

Reinhoehl was a loose cannon trying to wreck America and likely did even worse than murder. Lengthy rap sheet. Derelict when it came to his kids. Never filed taxes. His family hated him. Called him ‘unstable’. He gave an interview saying he did it and had no remorse.

Reinoehl kills the good guy, Danielson, unprovoked mind you, and we are supposed to feel sorry for this piece of dirt?! Yeah, no, never happening.

Me personally I’d prefer he lived so he could rot in prison every day he lived.
weather u edited this , or not, it is still your viewpoint. but, the facts lead to the fact that you did NOT edit this post. That would make other claims, lies????
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:09 pm Yup, 40 shots by the police on a guy who never drew his weapon, never fired a shot...that's all cool with our pal, Petey.

Heck, why not just use a tree and a rope?

Did I not just write above you I ‘prefer he rot in prison’?

Do I lose sleep the feds wasted him? Not really based on what we know. You do know he executed a man in cold blood, right?
guess....you must have "edited" your post during the 7 minutes between your post, and the 40 bullets on. Which, to be clear, is textbook trolling. Conjecture on what another poster thinks. pure trolling. And than LIES and hides behind the "ya must have edited it" excuse. Lame. unprincipled.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think Petey changed his post as I wrote mine, though not after he saw mine.

That last sentence wasn't there when I wrote mine.

But if you're asking whether I believe him, the answer would be no.

The issue is cops shooting a suspect 40 times when the suspect does not pull his weapon, no shots fired by suspect, gun in pocket. Doesn't matter whether the suspect should be convicted and "rot in prison". No concern about the cops being egged on by Trump to find and kill him.

This is from a guy who originally claimed when he came on FL that he was a lifelong Dem, never voted GOP, but would consider doing so unless Biden or Gabbard were the Dem nominees (!!!)...just as he originally claimed he was an MIAA alum, inferred he'd played lax, was an exaggerated Loyola and Spencer fan, while trolling negatively about the MIAA and Hopkins...only for us to later learn that he never played the sport, no kids play, no parents played, grew up in Florida...GatorU...and clearly a keyboard MAGA warrior...big donor to Republicans he now tells us...) So what to actually believe?

That said, Petey's been all-in for Desantis and Trump out of the way would indeed allow a far more "competent" authoritarian to represent MAGA.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

February 8, 2022
Heather Cox Richardson
Feb 9

The fallout over the Republican National Committee’s statement censuring Representatives Liz Cheney (R-WY) and Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) for “participating in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse” continues to rain down on the Republican Party.

Today, more than 140 former Republican officials and leaders issued a statement saying that the RNC has “betrayed the GOP’s founding principles and ceded control of a once-great movement to grifters and extremists.” They condemned the description of “the January 6th insurrection” as legitimate political discourse,” calling that description “an affront to the rule of law, peaceful self-government, and the constitutional order.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) tried to distance himself from the party’s stance, saying the events of January 6 were “a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election, from one administration to the next. That’s what it was.”

“First Pence, now McConnell,” NBC’s legal commenter Katie S. Phang noted. “A big hammer is about to drop and they don’t want to be in the path.”

Meanwhile, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) strode speedily away from ABC News congressional correspondent Rachel Scott when she asked about the resolution describing the rioting on January 6 as “legitimate political discourse,” telling her it was “not good” to answer questions in hallways. (Comedian Noel Casler tweeted that McCarthy “ran down that hall like he was being chased by a bunch of white dudes looking for some ‘legitimate political discourse.’”)

Other representatives seemed eager to shore up their arguments that the election was fraudulent and that investigators are illegitimate. New York representative Elise Stefanik, a Trump loyalist who replaced Cheney as the number three Republican in House leadership when House Republicans removed Cheney by a secret vote in May, defended the RNC, saying it had “every right to take any action.” She suggested that voters would ultimately decide whether to justify Cheney’s position or that of the RNC.

Last night, Representative Jim Jordan (R-OH) was on the Fox News Channel sounding more frantic than usual, accusing the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol of attacking him and insisting that “this is ridiculous and the American people are so fed up with this….” Jordan, such a key Trump loyalist that the former president awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom in a private ceremony at the White House on January 11, 2021, five days after the insurrection, has been eager to deflect attention from what we now know was a ten-minute call between him and Trump on the morning of January 6.

Representative Paul Gosar (R-AZ) tweeted today that 740,000 Maricopa County ballots cannot be verified. (These were the ballots taken over by the Cyber Ninjas and have been examined and verified several times over.)

More odd, though, was Representative Troy Nehls’s (R-TX) claim on Twitter that the Capitol Police Intelligence Division on November 20, 2021, “investigated my office illegally” and that Capitol Police leadership was “maliciously investigating me in an attempt to destroy me and my character.” He claimed such an attack was due to his criticism of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), the January 6 Committee, the Capitol Police, and the shooting of Ashli Babbitt as she tried to break into the House chamber. The president of the right-wing organization Judicial Watch promptly accused Pelosi of targeting Nehls with “secret police.”

The Capitol Police responded that an officer found the office unlocked, entered it, and “saw a white board with text about body armor and an accompanying map of the Capitol campus.” In an article in the Federalist, Nehls said the map was intended to help an intern find an ice machine and the body armor part of a discussion of legislation to stop purchases of body armor from China. “If Capitol Police leadership had spent as much time preparing for January 6 as they spent investigating my white board, the January 6 riot never would have happened,” Nehls wrote.

It was a bizarre story that sounded like Nehls was trying to get out in front of something. Then Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) claimed that the Department of Justice is reading his mail. Taken with the spying on Nehls, Gohmert wrote, “the Democrat’s [sic] spying on political opponents appears to know no end.” And then he added a threat: “The people behind this should be hoping and praying that they will not be treated in the same manner in which they are running roughshod over Republicans when and if Republicans retake the majority.”

Jordan, Gosar, Nehls, and Gohmert all voted not to accept the certified ballots from certain states on January 6.

They might be reacting to the reality that the law is not as slapdash as they might have thought. Today, officers arrested the Mesa County, Colorado, clerk, Republican Tina Peters, after she resisted the seizure of an iPad on which she was illegally filming a court proceeding involving her deputy, Belinda Knisley, who is facing criminal charges of cybercrimes. Peters has been suspected of leaking data from county election machines to conspiracy theorists last year; it turned up in a presentation at MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell’s symposium about the election last August. Trump loyalist Steve Bannon showed the arrest on his webcast.

Also today, prosecutors revealed their evidence for the trial of a January 6 defendant, Guy Wesley Reffitt, allegedly a member of the Texas Three Percenter militia group, mobilized against the U.S. government. The trial is set to begin on February 28. Their list of evidence is 11 pages long and extraordinarily thorough. It includes videos, phone records, texts, hotel receipts, pictures, and interviews, including ones with the defendant’s children, who will testify that Reffitt threatened them to keep them quiet. His daughter will testify that “she heard her father tell them that if they turned him in to law enforcement, they would be traitors, and that traitors get shot.” Also testifying will be one of the defendant’s colleagues in the Texas Three Percenter militia who traveled with him to D.C.

The government has done its homework.

Today, Reuters reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking into a meeting between then-leaders of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers alt-right extremist groups and other right-wing figures in a parking garage in Washington, D.C., on January 5, 2021. The attendees contacted by Reuters said “they did not discuss matters related to January 6.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Oh geez, another incoherent rant from the lunatic HCR.

Should I bother to read it? Tell me the subject and I’ll tell you what she wrote. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:05 am I think Petey changed his post as I wrote mine, though not after he saw mine.

The issue is cops shooting a suspect 40 times when the suspect does not pull his weapon, no shots fired by suspect, gun in pocket. Doesn't matter whether the suspect should be convicted and "rot in prison". No concern about the cops being egged on by Trump to find and kill him.

This is from a guy who originally claimed when he came on FL that he was a lifelong Dem, never voted GOP, but would consider doing so unless Biden or Gabbard were the Dem nominees (!!!)...just as he originally claimed he was an MIAA alum, inferred he'd played lax, was an exaggerated Loyola and Spencer fan, while trolling negatively about the MIAA and Hopkins...only for us to later learn that he never played the sport, no kids play, no parents played, grew up in Florida...GatorU...and clearly a keyboard MAGA warrior...big donor to Republicans he now tells us...) So what to actually believe?

That said, Petey's been all-in for Desantis and Trump out of the way would indeed allow a far more "competent" authoritarian to represent MAGA.

This post is incoherent. And when one isn’t sure where to start, one shouldn’t.

It’s clearly a fact I stated I’d rather the guy have rotted in prison. I’m against the death penalty for several reasons but first among equals is no government should have the ultimate decision of taking your life, regardless what you’re accused of. I don’t trust the government to do most anything, let alone competently judge and adjudicate capital offenses.

You however denied I said what I said, even though it’s there for anyone to see as proof. You could always simply delete your post.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:05 am I think Petey changed his post as I wrote mine, though not after he saw mine.

It’s clearly a fact I stated I’d rather the guy have rotted in prison. I’m against the death penalty for several reasons but first among equals is no government should have the ultimate decision of taking your life, regardless what you’re accused of. I don’t trust the government to do most anything, let alone competently judge and adjudicate capital offenses.

You however denied I said what I said, even though it’s there for anyone to see as proof. You could always simply delete your post.
nope, you indicated you have no concern about the 40 shots from the police, inferred the guy deserved it. That's what the issue was being discussed.

Trump was pushing for this sort of "justice" and he got it.

Tell me that's a serious issue or not. Don't deflect again.

Yes, you've many times indicated that you are opposed to capital punishment for the reasons you repeat here...the problem is that you've told us lots of things over time that we later learned were simply untrue.

Very difficult to know what is truthful from you and what is not.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:35 am

nope, you indicated you have no concern about the 40 shots from the police, inferred the guy deserved it. That's what the issue was being discussed.

Yes, you've many times indicated that you are opposed to capital punishment for the reasons you repeat here...the problem is that you've told us lots of things over time that we later learned were simply untrue.

I think I said I’m not losing sleep over the fact this guy got shot by the feds, not that I’m ecstatic the feds shot their guns. And I’m not losing any sleep over this case. He was incontrovertibly a stone cold killer, a very bad person intent on doing incomprehensible damage to America and innocent Americans like the one he shot in the face with no provocation on a cold dark street, and he of course admitted such to a journalist, on tape. I don’t think there’s a whole lot for me to doubt here.

HOWEVER, if you have proof they executed him because - Trump ordered it!’ (Do you ever hear yourself? :lol: ), I’m prepared to change my mind. That would of course be wrong, criminal.

My guess is the facts on the ground weren’t as you and a fan like to posit. You’re always free to investigate and present your facts to Merrick Garland who I’m sure would like to pin a murder charge on President Trump. Go for it!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

your reply is the very definition of "trolling", ,especially with the weird "putinesuque" conjecture, so objectively enforced, we guess!
attacking posters based on how you "feel" they inferred something. classic trolling behavior. Your other comments about other posters history, or whom to believe , or not.........straight up personal attacks. It's a place for opinions, yes? geez, but this guy even trolls the womens threads.....yikes.

The Hill school did beat up on Boys Latin...........yet, only you, would consider this "opinion" an attack :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:46 am

I think I said I’m not losing sleep over the fact this guy got shot by the feds, not that I’m ecstatic the feds shot their guns. And I’m not losing any sleep over this case. He was incontrovertibly a stone cold killer, a very bad person intent on doing incomprehensible damage to America and innocent Americans like the one he shot in the face with no provocation on a cold dark street, and he of course admitted such to a journalist, on tape. I don’t think there’s a whole lot for me to doubt here.

HOWEVER, if you have proof they executed him because - Trump ordered it!’ (Do you ever hear yourself? :lol: ), I’m prepared to change my mind. That would of course be wrong, criminal.

My guess is the facts on the ground weren’t as you and a fan like to posit. You’re always free to investigate and present your facts to Merrick Garland who I’m sure would like to pin a murder charge on President Trump. Go for it!
yup, as I thought...not a serious problem that a POTUS is egging on exactly this sort of "justice"...as you now again repeat was justified.

You don't "trust the government to do most anything, let alone competently judge and adjudicate capital offenses." yet here we have a bunch of cops (and you) deciding that he was guilty...indeed, "He was incontrovertibly a stone cold killer, a very bad person intent on doing incomprehensible damage to America and innocent Americans". You do realize that the police are the "government" in this matter, right?

But hey, you and Trump didn't commit a crime (didn't "order" the "execution"), so you needn't "lose any sleep" over the concept of cops shooting 40 times a suspect who hasn't taken his gun out of his pocket and then, apparently, lied to say he'd fired a shot...but nope, no shots fired according to the evidence the police investigators found.

Got it. Par for the course from you, Petey.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:50 am

your reply is the very definition of "trolling", ,especially with the weird "putinesuque" conjecture, so objectively enforced, we guess!
attacking posters based on how you "feel" they inferred something. classic trolling behavior. Your other comments about other posters history, or whom to believe , or not.........straight up personal attacks. It's a place for opinions, yes? geez, but this guy even trolls the womens threads.....yikes.

The Hill school did beat up on Boys Latin...........yet, only you, would consider this "opinion" an attack :roll:
RRR, I usually try to not respond to your posts, but opened this one.

I posted the other day a series of Petey's early posts demonstrating exactly what I say above. It's important to understand what posters have previously said when we evaluate their credibility and truthfulness on any given statement now.

Petey has a track record. His own words, his own claims.

As to "inferred" that's a nice way to say that it's pretty darn clear what he intends us to hear. But it provides him room to clarify otherwise, should he wish to do so.

I'm not spreading false information with the intent to inflame.

I'm also not arguing simply to be argumentative, which I would "infer" is often your intent. Feel free to clarify otherwise.

I have no idea what the Hill School, Boy's Latin "attack" reference is to. But I often can't decipher your asides, so could well be that I'm just dense. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:59 am

yup, as I thought...not a serious problem that a POTUS is egging on exactly this sort of "justice"...as you now again repeat was justified.

You don't "trust the government to do most anything, let alone competently judge and adjudicate capital offenses." yet here we have a bunch of cops (and you) deciding that he was guilty...indeed, "He was incontrovertibly a stone cold killer, a very bad person intent on doing incomprehensible damage to America and innocent Americans". You do realize that the police are the "government" in this matter, right?

But hey, you and Trump didn't commit a crime (didn't "order" the "execution"), so you needn't "lose any sleep" over the concept of cops shooting 40 times a suspect who hasn't taken his gun out of his pocket and then, apparently, lied to say he'd fired a shot...but nope, no shots fired according to the evidence the police investigators found.

Everything I wrote this guy admitted on tape. Not that we needed that, but he’s not a good guy. I’m not losing sleep.

I think where I’d agree with you is the feds, like always, weren’t extraordinarily careful with their shooting. 40 odd shots yet only 3 hit the guy. Ooof.

So investigate them. Investigate Trump. If there’s any there there, arrest people. Trump doesn’t have a great command of many things, not least of which is his understanding of how Presidents should talk. He could easily have handled this far more delicately, respecting the rule of law above retribution. Agreed.

In the meantime, in this case only, I’m not losing sleep.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:11 pm

I posted the other day a series of Petey's early posts demonstrating exactly what I say above. It's important to understand what posters have previously said when we evaluate their credibility and truthfulness on any given statement now.

As to "inferred" that's a nice way to say that it's pretty darn clear what he intends us to hear. But it provides him room to clarify otherwise, should he wish to do so.

I'm also not arguing simply to be argumentative, which I would "infer" is often your intent. Feel free to clarify otherwise.

I have no idea what the Hill School, Boy's Latin "attack" reference is to. But I often can't decipher your asides, so could well be that I'm just dense. ;)

I skip past all of your personal insults; they’re common but also banal. It’s not worth debating stuff like that, at least for me. I don’t tend to take stuff personally when people are online. Maybe I should. Lol.

But I definitely missed the ‘putinesque’ accusation. Did you say that? Now I can’t find it.

But that indeed would be trolling.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:13 pm

Everything I wrote this guy admitted on tape. Not that we needed that, but he’s not a good guy. I’m not losing sleep.

I think where I’d agree with you is the feds, like always, weren’t extraordinarily careful with their shooting. 40 odd shots yet only 3 hit the guy. Ooof.

So investigate them. Investigate Trump. If there’s any there there, arrest people. Trump doesn’t have a great command of many things, not least of which is his understanding of how Presidents should talk. He could easily have handled this far more delicately, respecting the rule of law above retribution. Agreed.

A more reasonable, measured response.

See? It's not that hard. ;)

I hope you're not saying, however, that the issue with the shooting is that only 3 shots hit their target, not that they killed a guy who never drew a weapon much less fired it. and then lied. You'd agree that if that's an accurate description, a bunch of them should do time?

And yeah, Trump had/has a big, dumb mouth. No respect for rule of law, delicate or otherwise. Yet many Americans took him very, very seriously, imputed authority to what he said/says, and gave him their loyalty...they still do.

My view is that when one has such 'authority' along with that comes responsibility. Mistakes are unfortunate, but disregard of responsibility quite another thing altogether. The POTUS has the highest such authority, and thus, the highest possible responsibility.

Likewise, when one has the 'authority' of carrying a badge and a gun, there's a heightened responsibility to use this power carefully, and consistent with the rule of law.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:20 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:11 pm

I skip past all of your personal insults; they’re common but also banal. It’s not worth debating stuff like that, at least for me. I don’t tend to take stuff personally when people are online. Maybe I should. Lol.

But I definitely missed the ‘putinesque’ accusation. Did you say that? Now I can’t find it.

But that indeed would be trolling.
I never can tell for sure what RRR means, but I think he's referring to the definition of trolling, which as you well know, you've done "time" for violating.

And I've certainly described your behavior online here as too often "trolling" by that definition. It began with the MIAA stuff, morphed into Hopkins, and then went to the Politics thread. Extreme claims, extreme predictions, and downright disinformation at times ala "Putinesque" such. So my guess would be that's RRR's leap. Not entirely unfair to me.

Posting articles you've not bothered to read/comprehend as if they say something quite different than they actually reveal, or worse, doing so knowing full well that they're partisan nonsense. At times downright disinformation/misinformation.

I think you've recently been trying, most of the time, to skirt the edges of such, at least to the point of plausible deniability.

I wish you'd just discuss topics without the constant exaggeration and partisanship. Read the stuff you re-post critically.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Hillaryouse, in this case, the "troll" would be those that hysterically get personal, and post comments about others history. Only my opinion, but imho, a troll is someone that makes it always about themselves, even when it comes to a post about someones passing. And a troll is someone that argues and attacks, based on what you THINK they think.

in this case, PETE is NOT the troll.

When you start replies with, " I usually don't reply, but...".......automatically make it personal and trolling. Why not just simply reply, spare us the arrogance. Geez......like only a few people have "noticed " this about you.

This placed is sulleyed but the Three Knows. :D

"I know a guy"

"I want you to know everything about me "

and

"I know it all "

pretty sure we can plug in who is who, based on the 3 choices (TLD, mdlaxfan, DocB ) = 3k's
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

All of this is the reason kismet decided to blow off this board. How about instead of trying to score points we try to make our point without rancor? If I wanted a high score, I could just go golfing.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:53 pm Hillaryouse, in this case, the "troll" would be those that hysterically get personal, and post comments about others history. Only my opinion, but imho, a troll is someone that makes it always about themselves, even when it comes to a post about someones passing. And a troll is someone that argues and attacks, based on what you THINK they think.

in this case, PETE is NOT the troll.

When you start replies with, " I usually don't reply, but...".......automatically make it personal and trolling. Why not just simply reply, spare us the arrogance. Geez......like only a few people have "noticed " this about you.

This placed is sulleyed but the Three Knows. :D

"I know a guy"

"I want you to know everything about me "

and

"I know it all "

pretty sure we can plug in who is who, based on the 3 choices (TLD, mdlaxfan, DocB ) = 3k's
well, ok, this is indeed a prime example of a personal attack, in the area of Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Unnecessary Roughness.

According to the rules of the Forum and as frequently warned against by Admin.

And while you may wish to make up your own rules as to what trolling is, I suggest referring to the actual Rule.

Post by admin » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:31 am

Added to forum rules within Unsportsmanlike Conduct
SECTION 4. No post-er shall:
d. Troll and/or commit other Russian 'bot and/or other Putinesque behaviors. A troll is someone who uses over-the-top opinions or unverified claims to incite others, stir up controversy, and change a civilized discussion into a battleground.

As to you "feeling", what sensitive? to my saying I don't normally respond to you, we've previously discussed that I have your posts collapsed for the reasons I have explained. But I do sometimes open them up...but I don't like the back and forth that gets vitriolic so easily with you. Lots of experience with this. And here you go again.

I'm not going to 'report' this, I'll just put you back on 'ignore' and avoid engaging again.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:29 pm All of this is the reason kismet decided to blow off this board. How about instead of trying to score points we try to make our point without rancor? If I wanted a high score, I could just go golfing.
Great line...and not a bad point either. 👏
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:30 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:13 pm

A more reasonable, measured response.

See? It's not that hard. ;)

I hope you're not saying, however, that the issue with the shooting is that only 3 shots hit their target, not that they killed a guy who never drew a weapon much less fired it. and then lied. You'd agree that if that's an accurate description, a bunch of them should do time?

And yeah, Trump had/has a big, dumb mouth. No respect for rule of law, delicate or otherwise. Yet many Americans took him very, very seriously, imputed authority to what he said/says, and gave him their loyalty...they still do.

My view is that when one has such 'authority' along with that comes responsibility. Mistakes are unfortunate, but disregard of responsibility quite another thing altogether. The POTUS has the highest such authority, and thus, the highest possible responsibility.

Likewise, when one has the 'authority' of carrying a badge and a gun, there's a heightened responsibility to use this power carefully, and consistent with the rule of law.

My reference to the shooting was simply that these guys have itchy trigger fingers (unlike say Kyle Rittenhouse who was very measured) and should be embarrassed for their lack of control.

It’s also why I feel 40 gestapo heavy artillery agents showing up at Roger Stone’s house (please note that Stone was accused of a NON-VIOLENT crime) is brain dead and likely to end in reckless murder, which if you know anything about immunity for the federal government, absolutely no one would have ever been arrested for excessive force.

All of us have to stop idolizing government and it’s police forces.

Return to “POLITICS”