Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by youthathletics »

Not sure if this has been posted earlier.....just ran across it. They have also been called Whingeing and Turmoil: https://www.constructiondive.com/news/e ... ob/608203/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:41 pm Not sure if this has been posted earlier.....just ran across it. They have also been called Whingeing and Turmoil: https://www.constructiondive.com/news/e ... ob/608203/
Yikes, some heads should roll on that one.

Gordon W.C. Whiting was my great uncle, divorced his first wife and then married my mother's aunt who was truly a terrific lady. He founded the company in 1909 with an MIT classmate. They married during the Depression after he'd made a small fortune but lost most of it in the Depression, then re-built the company. Willard Hackerman, who in '55 became the President, with my uncle as CEO. He passed away in the '70's and much of my aunt's fortune was donated to Hopkins to name and build up The Whiting School of Engineering, which, not coincidentally had been where Hackerman had learned engineering. No kids. Hackerman died in 2014 at age '95. Very much a philanthropist, my sense is he had sharp elbows in business.

Any sense of whether this was a really bad job site and local management or something endemic across the company? Disappointing.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:41 pm Not sure if this has been posted earlier.....just ran across it. They have also been called Whingeing and Turmoil: https://www.constructiondive.com/news/e ... ob/608203/

Gordon W.C. Whiting was my great uncle, divorced his first wife and then married my mother's aunt who was truly a terrific lady. He founded the company in 1909 with an MIT classmate. They married during the Depression after he'd made a small fortune but lost most of it in the Depression, then re-built the company. Willard Hackerman, who in '55 became the President, with my uncle as CEO. He passed away in the '70's and much of my aunt's fortune was donated to Hopkins to name and build up The Whiting School of Engineering, which, not coincidentally had been where Hackerman had learned engineering. No kids. Hackerman died in 2014 at age '95. Very much a philanthropist, my sense is he had sharp elbows in business.

Any sense of whether this was a really bad job site and local management or something endemic across the company? Disappointing.
Neat story. No clue, but I'd have to guess this was unique to some knuckleheads in Tn, and W&T is livid with these idiots behavior.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Neat story. No clue, but I'd have to guess this was unique to some knuckleheads in Tn, and W&T is livid with these idiots behavior.
Would certainly hope so.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

I’m shocked.

“From where I sat, with the intelligence laid out, I can tell you that none of these agencies have any control over any of it. It is more prevalent and consequential than any of them are willing to admit.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... et-fbi-kkk
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... egal-phase

“ “Let us be reminded that before there is a final solution, there must be a first solution, a second one, even a third. The move toward a final solution is not a jump. It takes one step, then another, then another.”

So began Toni Morrison’s 1995 address to Howard University, entitled Racism and Fascism, which delineated 10 step-by-step procedures to carry a society from first to last.

Morrison’s interest was not in fascist demagogues or fascist regimes. It was rather in “forces interested in fascist solutions to national problems”. The procedures she described were methods to normalize such solutions, to “construct an internal enemy”, isolate, demonize and criminalize it and sympathizers to its ideology and their allies, and, using the media, provide the illusion of power and influence to one’s supporters.”

“ The contemporary American fascist movement is led by oligarchical interests for whom the public good is an impediment, such as those in the hydrocarbon business, as well as a social, political, and religious movement with roots in the Confederacy. As in all fascist movements, these forces have found a popular leader unconstrained by the rules of democracy, this time in the figure of Donald Trump.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Slavery by another name.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -operation

“ The indictments characterized the operation as “modern-day slavery”, a longstanding issue in the US agricultural industry where workers were smuggled from Central American countries to the US and imprisoned as contracted farm workers.

Farmworkers in the US, especially immigrant workers, have few protections. They were excluded from the National Labor Relations Act passed in 1935, and the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938. Workers in America’s agricultural fields are regularly subjected to abuses ranging from high occurrences of sexual assault and harassment, wage theft and safety issues including injuries, fatalities on the job, and exposure to hazardous chemicals.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:13 pm I’m shocked.

“From where I sat, with the intelligence laid out, I can tell you that none of these agencies have any control over any of it. It is more prevalent and consequential than any of them are willing to admit.”

Important.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

And I pay these clowns’ salaries.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:02 am

We all pay the salaries of a lot of these same clowns. We don't have a choice now do we?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:31 am

We all pay the salaries of a lot of these same clowns. We don't have a choice now do we?
Ah, the myth of the individual “line item veto”.

So your $.02 (maybe) contribution to their salary allows you to supervise them? How would you like to have millions of supervisors?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:44 am

So your $.02 (maybe) contribution to their salary allows you to supervise them? How would you like to have millions of supervisors?
The town taxes where I live are almost 6000 dollars a year. That is just a tad bit over $.02. To paraphrase TLD.. you really sound stupid... I don't need millions of supervisors, I have a wife. She is the equivalent of a million supervisors.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:37 pm

The town taxes where I live are almost 6000 dollars a year. That is just a tad bit over $.02. To paraphrase TLD.. you really sound stupid... I don't need millions of supervisors, I have a wife. She is the equivalent of a million supervisors.
That’s relatively $.02
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:42 pm

That’s relatively $.02
Hey, I'm only putting in my 2 cents here.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Sound stupid?

So, to further demonstrate my point, you cite your town taxes in toto. Please provide a breakdown of town budget, including the compensation for employees, present and past for whom there are continued outlays.

Then get back to me on that “stupid” judgement. I’ll take the “Pepsi challenge” with you on any measure of intelligence and erudition, friend.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.wdkx.com/jingle-bells-banne ... sial-past/

America is most definitely a racist nation. The fact we sing such a clearly racist song to celebrate Christmas proves it. :roll: You FLP whack job liberals are even more effed up in the head than even i thought possible. There is no stupid chit that comes out of the FLP interpretation of anything that will surprise me anymore. You people have less shame than any trump supporter on the planet.
Bob Ross:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:25 am https://www.wdkx.com/jingle-bells-banne ... sial-past/

America is most definitely a racist nation. The fact we sing such a clearly racist song to celebrate Christmas proves it. :roll: You FLP whack job liberals are even more effed up in the head than even i thought possible. There is no stupid chit that comes out of the FLP interpretation of anything that will surprise me anymore. You people have less shame than any trump supporter on the planet.
Do you call your son-in-law Meathead?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:25 am https://www.wdkx.com/jingle-bells-banne ... sial-past/

So you get a bad bowl of spaghetti and write off every Italian on the planet. Your "reasoning" about things is really, mmm, interesting. Do you just find an article every morning that p*sses you off, generalize massively, erroneously and negatively from it, and post?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:55 pm

So you get a bad bowl of spaghetti and write off every Italian on the planet. Your "reasoning" about things is really, mmm, interesting. Do you just find an article every morning that p*sses you off, generalize massively, erroneously and negatively from it, and post?
You don't get it counselor. Yes it ticks me off. It should tick you off as well. It should tick any sane person off. This research done by a professor at Boston University digging back 150 years ago to the origin of a song, and here is the operative word... MAY have been performed by white folks in blackface at a minstrel show... a hundred and fifty effing years ago. FTR my liberal sister who taught in the Brighton school district for many years thinks it is BS. My niece, who graduated from Boston University, though she doesn't know this professor thinks it is BS. I can equally challenge you about your reasoning as well counselor. Your the legal beagle beagle on this forum. This attempt at silencing people from singing an effing song is sorta, kinda the type of stuff that lawyers get ticked off about, yourself apparently being the exception. :D

Since it tis the season and Jingle Bells is now a racist song... let me present a really politically correct and insensitive version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1Zaef7XXA
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”